• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The Predator Tactical Lone Star Challenge

Re: The Predator Tactical Lone Star Challenge

First day has come to a close. Kevin and crew have run a very smooth and fun match so far. Creative stages and wind imported from hell has worked me over. But the fun is well worth it. Now I need sleep and a clearer head for tomorrow finish.

So far it has been awesome!!!

I'll 2nd that. I shot like shit this AM, did pretty good after lunch. Overall it's been a fantastic match.

It is cold and raining out, should be a good day for shooting

Re: Dec. 3-4, 2011---LPRC & kickoff to Rifle Series

Congrats to Patrick Morris for winning the match!!

Pete I worked the match and did not have a chance to snap any photos, in the stages I RO there were very few shooters who cleaned the stage, the Hostage only had 1 shooter make all 6 shots, the Boat stage had 2-3 shooters make all 4 shots

Top 25:

Patrick Morris 107.887 1
Francis Kuehl 97.011 2
Dustin Morris 93.258 3
George Gardner 91.809 4
Todd Reynold 86.590 5
Matt Tederma 83.892 6
Adam Lucksinger83.258 7
Lonnie Devine 80.967 8
Chase Stroud 80.692 9
Geordie Richardson80.509 10
John Sommers 79.860 11
Wade Stuteville78.389 12
Bryan Yeung 78.258 13
Jeff Badley 72.011 14
Ben Burrow 70.753 15
Tom Lancaster 70.506 16
Travis Case 68.753 17
Rick Reeves 68.000 18
Zach Scurlock 66.246 19
Ryan Castle 65.258 20
Jerry Newman 64.753 21
Charles Lane 63.801 22
Isaac Frank 63.355 23
Terry Cross 62.000 24
Scott Parks 61.909 25

Great match, thank you guys. I hope everyone has a safe trip home.

Congrats Patrick (and Dustin)!! I like to see the LA boys at the top.

I just got back to the great state of Louisiana and my hands are still shaking, partly from the cold and partly from the shock of winning. I can say it was an absolute pleasure to shoot this match and rub shoulders with the greatest shooters in the country.
This was my first championship or major match to ever win, and I can say it took every ounce of me to hold back my tears as I looked around and saw all of the guys who have helped me along, encouraged me when I needed encouraging , and humbled me when I needed humbling. It was a room full of my friends and mentors.
I would also like to say thank you to Mr.Preston and Steven at Surgeon for having me on their great team. And my super supportive family. The match was well run by some great RO's and hosted by some of the best guys in the sport.
Thank you again to every single one of the sponsors, and anybody else that had a hand in putting on this great match.
With the Faith of mustard seed,
Patrick O .Morris

Congrats to you, your brother, and Mr. Morris!

<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><span style="color: #FF0000">CONGRATULATIONS</span>

Wow! Awesome, Patrick. Your winning makes me happy. Happy for you, first, second for the sport, and third, that a young, skinny kid, who's the only shooter I've known to have shot out a .308 Win barrel (deserving of winning), muscle in and after only a few years of competitive shooting, beat a bunch of old, experienced, professional, fat guys....meaning I would've gotten my butt kicked.
wink.gif

CONGRATULATIONS</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats Patrick (and Dustin)!! I like to see the LA boys at the top. </div></div>

I second this, great shooting guys.

This was an excellent, excellent match. Team Surgeon did extremely well, and Patrick really put on a show for everyone else. Great shooting to all.

Kevin, Rich, and the team of RO's and support people put together the most efficient and well laid out match that I've been lucky enough to shoot. The course of fire was VERY challenging, and the weather sure didn't help. Yesterday consisted of constant rain, temps in the low 40's, and mud the likes of which is rarely seen. I've never performed so poorly.

This was a fantastic match.

My take aways:

1) Practice, Practice, Practice
2) 308 sucks. 308 really sucks with 175's. 308 really, really sucks with 175's and the type of wind we were dealing with.
3) I need to work on my distance shooting. No excuse for the misses that I had.
4) My positional skills are almost up to par

Good job to all involved, especially Patrick. This was a perfect kick off to the PRS.

Best,
JP

Folks you would have had to been there to appreciate Patricks win to the fullest!

The conditions were not just difficult to predict for bullet flight (see Turtle's wind from hell comment above) but the cold and rain was taking huge tolls on the shooters and their equipment. Patrick's score totally dominated the field which is especially impressive when you realize that he had his own equipment issues after everything filled with water and it was so cold on day 2 that he couldn't feel his hands. He didn't just walk in and have a lucky weekend either, he worked his skinny white butt off for it. Congratulations Patrick.

Also a huge congratulations to Francis, Dustin, George and Todd.

I really enjoyed everybody in Alpha Squad. Thanks for the laughs in the cold and rain.

Thanks to Kevin for hosting this event. Kevin, Rich and all of the support staff made a huge and I must say successfull effort to make sure we had a top shelf event. Excellent target and stage design, simple and immediate scoring, very consistent from shooter to shooter and squad to squad. Two thumbs up.

Thanks to all of the companies and shops that supported the event with their prizes and money. If Kevin decides to make this a regular event, I assure you it will be classed with the best rifle matches anywhere.

I have never made so many mistakes and bad wind calls in a single match yet had so good a time! I owe that 100% to my friends that ran the match and my friends that shot the match with me. Thanks.

Everybody have a safe week.
Terry

Re: Dec. 3-4, 2011---LPRC & kickoff to Rifle Seri

I'm not really sure where to start. I guess I'll start by saying I'm a really proud big brother right now. Great shooting Patrick, you won in a very convincing fashion I'm extremely proud of the way you shot on such a big stage.

Secondly, thanks to Mr. Kevin and Rich for putting on a top notch match. I can only imagine all the work that was put in to make match of this magnitude run smoothly. We fired 150 rounds in 1.5 days from over 25 different shooting stations and we shot 0 rounds at paper.the scoring was so simple and the stage books are the best thing to ever happen in the tactical shooting world. My hat is off to everyone that ran this match.

Thanks to all the sponsors of this match. The prize table was great. I'm amazed every time I shoot a match how generous the companies in the shooting industries are to continue supporting these matches the way they do.

I'd also like to echo what Patrick said and say thanks to Stephen and Mr. Preston for having us on their team. It's truly an honor to get to represent them.

Dustin

Thanks to Kevin, Rich and the whole crew who made this match possible. You all did a great job. It ran very smoothly and was quite a challenge.

Thank you to all of the sponsors who continued to support these events, the prize tables was impressive.

To all the shooters, it was a pleasure to shoot with you, to see friends and make new ones as well. Look forward to shooting with you all again.

Thanks again,

Matt Tederman

Us fair weather shooters, or I at least, would like to see any photos taken???

Man what a match! Had a blast and had my best finish yet. Cant say enough what an honer it was to shoot with the best in the world and not a one of them will ever talk down to you. These guys are my brothers now. Never really fit in this world until now.

Kevin and Rich did awesome putting on this show and kept it running slick as the mud we shot in.

Patty destroyed us but Im proud of him and proud to say he is my friend. Francis and Dustin you fellers shot great also! Im blessed to be able to be a part of this as it is my dream...

Maverick(Chase Stroud)

You city slickers wanna know what a real marksman's rig looks like?
Here's the winning rig. Isn't it beautiful; dried mud, sweat, blood, tears,....
This IS the point of gun ownership. This is what our guns are made for. Cool, huh?

zvahqo.jpg

Now. Are we gonna collect arrow heads, or guns to shoot? If we aren't gonna shoot our guns we might as well be collecting arrow heads.
wink.gif

Again. Way ta' go, Patrick.

P.S. Patrick autographs photos on Wednesdays at 3:00. lol

What an excellent match! I really don't know of anything they could have done better. I had a blast!
Thank you again so much to Kevin for hosting us all at his beautiful ranch....sorry we left you with such a muddy mess!
Congratulations to all the top finishers, you guys shot great.
Thank you to all the RO's for all the hard work in miserable weather conditions.
Thank you to all the match sponsors and a special thank you to Scott and Vortex Optics for donating the Razor HD 5-20 scope I was lucky enough to snag off the prize table, you guys are so generous! Thank you!

It was great to see everyone, I already can't wait for the next match!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You city slickers wanna know what a real marksman's rig looks like?
Here's the winning rig. Isn't it beautiful; dried mud, sweat, blood, tears,....
This IS the point of gun ownership. This is what our guns are made for. Cool, huh?

zvahqo.jpg

Now. Are we gonna collect arrow heads, or guns to shoot? If we aren't gonna shoot our guns we might as well be collecting arrow heads.
wink.gif

Again. Way ta' go, Patrick.

P.S. Patrick autographs photos on Wednesdays at 3:00. lol

</div></div>

Now that's a good looking picture! That stick looks like it's been used!
smile.gif

Truely an awesome match! Kevin, Rich, and all the ROs did a fantastic job! The CoF was challenging yet very fun. The wind was a bear! Us Indiana boys aint used to that! And what was the deal with the cold rainy stuff?? We came to TX in Dec to get away from that shit!!! Lol!!

On the way home, we discussed how impressed we were on how fluidly everything went. Very little down time, excellent stage descriptions, and the match description book was awesome! I can't think of a negative to say about the match. Like Terry Cross mentioned, Ive never made so many mistakes in a single match and yet had such a good time.

Congrats to the top finnishers, you all shot great!

Oh ya, Alpha squad rocked!! Great bunch of guys. I'd gladly drink beer with any of em.

Last but not least, a BIG THANK YOU to the sponsors, from the targets to the prize table, and the food! These events would pale in comparison without you!

I certainly hope that Kevin and crew make this an annual event!

Isaac

I just want to extend my appreciation to Kevin and Rich and his RO crew, absolutely couldn't have done a better job. From the range lay out, to labeling of targets, the way the squads were organized and run, just excellent. I've seen matches in the past where the weather turns bad and if the grounds, targets and crews aren't prepared the thing turns into a nightmare. I don't think any squad fell behind despite conditions. For those of you that didn't attend, the entire match was handed to you in a book before the match, each stage was detailed, round count, target distances, start position and time allowed. At each stage the RO asked for questions but usually had very few, they were already answered, now that's the way to keep things moving! I would show you mine but its a pile of wet paper on my garage floor like everything else I came back with!

I finished 30th, and was proud to be in that position considering the company I was with and no longer than I have been competing. Finishing within a few points of some of the finest marksmen in the sport I couldn't be happier. Thanks again to all.

I wanted to express a debt of gratitude to Kevin for the hospitality of hosting a great event at your ranch. To Rich and the range officers for all their hard work including sacrificing many hours running the match and putting this together. To all the generous sponsors that donated prizes for all of us.

As for the match, it was great being in the same squad with Patrick. He shot excellent and made it look easy on many of the events. Congrats on the win.

I’m sure many of you had a great time in your squad. In the future, I hope I get to shoot in the same squad with many of the same guys again. A few of the guys in our squad had most of us laughing throughout the match which made being out in the elements worthwhile.

It was entertaining and humbling to participate next to some world class shooters. For example, I was fortunate enough to shoot with Matt Burkett. It was great shooting next to someone that I and many of us that viewed Matt on instructional shooting videos say, “holy crap that guy is quick”. Matt offered help whenever anybody wanted it and kept us laughing both days.

Thank you to Chase Stroud for the hospitality of allowing myself, my better half and my good friend Shawn from Nor Cal to stay at your house and confirm numbers at your ranch. You have an excellent facility and you cook a mean ass steak! Chase has an excellent attitude towards shooting; plus it’s great to see someone as enthusiastic about pulling the trigger as anyone that I’ve seen in a long time. Watch for Chase in the winners circle sometime soon.

I wanted to thank all the guys at Surgeon Rifles and Scott Parks from Vortex for all that you gentlemen do.

As most would concur, I hope that this event is something that we can see annually....just without the mud, please.

Francis

I would like to extend sincere thank you to everyone involved; Kevin, Rich, RO's, anyone who helped that wasn't there, all the sponsors. A special thanks goes to; Mother Nature, you're a bitch. She managed to make the match even more challenging than it already was set up to be.

Fantastic shoot. Couldn't be more satisfied to have been a part of such a well run event; even with the adverse conditions.

As far as "black gumbo" or whatever you call it down there, you can keep that shit. As a matter a fact, I have about 12 pounds stuck to my shoes, that I should probably send back to Kevin.

Thanks again to everyone.

Scott

I was one of the Indiana boys that made the haul to shoot this match. I don't know if it was due to some of the other matches I have shot or just simply blind on how a top notch match should be ran but I was blown out of the water water with the way this match was presented and ran. Not one time did I start a stage and not understand the COF.

For me this match has set the bar on how a top notch match should be ran.

I would like to thank Kevin, and Rich for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this and the RO,s for making it happen.

Congratulations to ALL the competitors that shot this match. I think its amazing how we are all there competing against each other but at the same time if someone has a problem how many people are willing to help.

Travis

My top 5 favorite pics from the link above:

500,600,700,800,900-- 10 shots 60 seconds, Shooter Ready?
DSC04253-XL.jpg

you guys really f'd my car up!
P1010691-XL.jpg

Wait for it, wait for it ...
P1010814-XL.jpg

you want me to do what?
P1010579-XL.jpg

The bar as been set!
P1010549-XL.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait for it, wait for it ...
P1010814-XL.jpg
</div></div>

What that picture doesn't show is that the rain let up about 10 seconds before I jumped in the boat! 60 seconds for 4 shots, and there's no way that boat is going to stop rocking in 15 seconds.....and half of your body is laying in 3 inches of water.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What that picture doesn't show is that the rain let up about 10 seconds before I jumped in the boat! 60 seconds for 4 shots, and there's no way that boat is going to stop rocking in 15 seconds.....and half of your body is laying in 3 inches of water.</div></div>

Geordie hit all four shots, and Chase did the same the second day in the rain! While difficult, apparently not impossible. Good training if you ever go duck hunting with your rifle!

Well now that I have dried out and caught up on some much needed sleep, I'm not a morning person but surprised myself that I was able to wake up so early so many days in a row!

Kevin and Richard what a job! The work that these guys put into this match (along with a few others) to make it run like it did is amazing. I was able to show up late Thursday night grab a stage book and RO my stages pretty much without any problems. That shows in itself how much was put into this match to make it the success it was.

For all the naysayers about the PRS, if you weren't there you missed one hell of a show! It would have also shut you up about the success the PRS is going to be.

Patric Morris, what a show you put on young man! Congratulations see you in the finale.

Mick

"What a Great Match"!!!!!!!

Hats off to Kevin and Rich!!!

No house guns, no night shoots and no Paper!!!

Condititions were chalenging and thats what its all about, Everyone had a great time and smiles were on everyone faces when it was over, this match is on my list permanently!!!

Patrick, Nice shooting, Im gunning for your spot next time!!

My turn... I want to thank all of the competitors for shooting such a safe match in really horrible conditions! It took a great deal of skill and attention to safety by all of you to make this match a "zero incident" match. It amazes me that each match I go to, the level of competition and professionalism continue to rise.

Your positive comments about the match have been quite humbling. Rich and I had hoped to put on a fun and challenging match and it appears that we accomplished that from your comments. I just sent out an email to all the competitors that has a link to an AAR. Please complete it when you have a chance.

Sponsors.... you guys rocked!! I know that it was not easy sending prizes this late in the year after most budgets were busted, but you all pulled through beyond our wildest expectations. We had nearly $40K worth of items and certificates on the table. I'll be posting a list of sponsors here and on www.therifleranch.com very soon. Please do not forget to thank them.

Last but not least, my RO squad. You guys were AWESOME. By all regards, you should have looked at the weather forecast and headed south for the weekend. You were out there in all that rain and cold, and I didn't hear a peep from you. Many of you are great shooters, and could have competed with the top shooters in this match, but offered to help instead. I do appreciate it and will always admire you guys for your help. You have a free hall pass to shoot at The Ranch whenever you want.

Good luck to all of you in 2012, And I look forward to shooting with you at other PRS matches!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Last but not least, my RO squad. You guys were AWESOME. By all regards, you should have looked at the weather forecast and headed south for the weekend. You were out there in all that rain and cold, and I didn't hear a peep from you. Many of you are great shooters, and could have competed with the top shooters in this match, but offered to help instead. I do appreciate it and will always admire you guys for your help. You have a free hall pass to shoot at The Ranch whenever you want.

</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"What a Great Match"!!!!!!!

<span style="font-weight: bold">No house guns, no night shoots and no Paper!!!</span>

Condititions were chalenging and thats what its all about, Everyone had a great time and smiles were on everyone faces when it was over, this match is on my list permanently!!!

</div></div>

Thanks George!! Very nice and very good shooting.

I was amazed at some of the shots you guys were making. 3-4 hits at 1100 yards in 15-25 mph gust in the rain and cold none the less with chance spotting your miss near zilch.

1050yd hits then use only scope and hold under on a 950 yd target... Damn hard to do.

We might have gone a little barricade crazy this time, but hoped you guys figured out how to find a way to get your gun in a steady enough position to shoot and make a hit it wasn't just about the timing it was about the making the hit.
Every since I missed giant mule deer off that big rock cause that was my only position I could make the shot I have tried to improve this skill set. Unfortunately it's the misses we remember.

We learned a lot things to make it run even better next time, the feedback has been great thanks everyone for your input.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"What a Great Match"!!!!!!!

<span style="font-weight: bold">No house guns, no night shoots and no Paper!!!</span>

</div></div>

I was amazed at some of the shots you guys were making. 3-4 hits at 1100 yards in 15-25 mph gust in the rain and cold none the less with chance spotting your miss near zilch.

1050yd hits then use only scope and hold under on a 950 yd target... Damn hard to do.

We might have gone a little barricade crazy this time, but hoped you guys figured out how to find a way to get your gun in a steady enough position to shoot and make a hit it wasn't just about the timing it was about the making the hit.
Every since I missed giant mule deer off that big rock cause that was my only position I could make the shot I have tried to improve this skill set. Unfortunately it's the misses we remember.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">We learned a lot things to make it run even better next time, the feedback has been great thanks everyone for your input. </span></span></span> </div></div>
Does this mean its going to be an annual event?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DREMEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"What a Great Match"!!!!!!!

</div></div>

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">We learned a lot things to make it run even better next time, the feedback has been great thanks everyone for your input. </span></span></span> </div></div>
Does this mean its going to be an annual event? </div></div>
I hope so! Nuff said

I finally have recovered enough to get the sponsors list together. Please frequent these sponsors websites and keep them in mind when making purchasing decisions. Also, shooters from the LSC, please do not forget to thanks them!

2011 Predator Tactical Lone Star Challenge Sponsor List

Gold Sponsors:

DSG Arms
817-563-1862
www.dsgarms.com
[email protected]

GA Precision
816-221-1844
www.gaprecision.com

KMW
318-748-8732
www.kmwlrs.com
[email protected]

Predator Tactical
602-652-2864
www.predatortacical.com
[email protected]

Rock Solid Stocks and R&R Heating and Cooling
214-215-2344
www.rocksolidstocks.com
[email protected]

Seekins Precision
208-791-8741
www.seekinsprecision.com
[email protected]

Spin Drift Tactical
512-392-1767
www.spindrifttactical.com
[email protected]

Stiller Precision
972-429-5000
www.viperactions.com
[email protected]

Surgeon Rifles
www.surgeonrifles.com
[email protected]

Third Generation Shooting Supply
(Nightforce Scope)
1-800-522-3314
www.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com

US Optics
714-582-1956
www.usoptics.com
[email protected]

Vortex Optics
800-426-0048
www.vortexoptics.com
[email protected]

Silver Sponsors:

Bartlein Barrels
262-649-1574
www.bartleinbarrels.com

Butches Gun Shop
580-254-9764

CS Tactical
916-670-1103
www.cstactical.com
[email protected]

Diablo Rifles
229-330-4867
www.freedomgunworks.com

Eberlestock
877-866-3047
www.eberlestock.com
[email protected]

ESS Eyewear
877-726-4072
www.esseyepro.com
[email protected]

Forster Products
815-493-6360
www.foresterproducts.com

Hodgdon
913-362-9455
www.hodgdon.com
[email protected]

Impact Data Books
540-469-0665
www.impactdatabooks.com
[email protected]

JP Enterprises, Inc.
651-426-9196
www.jprifles.com
[email protected]

Joe Ducos
KMW Loggerhead Install
[email protected]

Larue Tactical
512-259-1585
www.LaRueTacitcal.com
[email protected]

Lonestar Guns Gallery and Gear
817-599-9275
www.lonestargungallery.com
[email protected]

Louisiana Tactical Precision Rifle Challenge
[email protected]

Louisiana Precision Rifles
318-422-0421
http://www.louisianaprecisionrifles.com
[email protected]

Manners Composite Stocks
816-283-3334
www.mannerstocks.com
[email protected]

Matt Parry Custom Guns
580-994-1112
www.parrycustomgun.com
[email protected]

Mildot Master
865-483-6620
www.mildot.com

MGM Targets
888-767-7371
www.mgmtargets.com
[email protected]

Newman Precision
www.newmanprecision.com
[email protected]

Promisedland Guns
573-473-5061
www.cashpaid4guns.com
[email protected]

Rifles Only
361-595-5472
www.riflesonly.com
[email protected]

Shillen Rifle
972-875-5318
www.shillen.com
[email protected]

Suppressed Armament Systems
800-614-9018
www.suppressedarmament.com
[email protected]

SWFA
972-726-7348
www.swfa.com
[email protected]

Triad Tactical
913-669-8553
www.triadtactical.com

Victor Company
www.victorcompany.com

ZG Custom Rifles
Tony McCollum
214-505-0543
[email protected]

Results from the AAR (after action report)

We had 42 shooters respond to the AAR (After Action Report) form that we posted. Here are some of the results and comments:

Do you feel the points were distributed fairly? <span style="color: #FF0000">100% Yes</span>
Do you feel the match ran at a good pace? <span style="color: #FF0000">100% Yes</span>
Did you like the fact the Match directors gave shooters the opportunity to challenge inputting errors before final results? <span style="color: #FF0000">100% Hell yes, everyone should do this.</span>
How would you rank this match against other matches you have shot with 10=the best match I ever shot, 1=the worst match I ever shot? <span style="color: #FF0000">23 tens, 14 nines, 3 eights, 1 seven, and 1 five. </span>
Are you happy with the amount of rounds fired at the match? <span style="color: #FF0000">40-just right, 1-not enough, 1 too many</span>

Some comments of interest:

I would be happy with a few less stages and a little more time to shoot the stage. 1 minuet to shoot 10 shots at 5 different ranges is doable and should be included in some but not every stage, It would be nice to be able to dial turrets on at least half of the targets to lower the stress just a bit and make it a little more fun. <span style="color: #FF0000">This was intended to be a high stress match from the get go. But after reviewing the match, we could have had a few more relax, read the wind, and shoot stages.</span>

I thought the range booklets were brilliant and extremely helpful. <span style="color: #FF0000">Thanks. We have done that for a few matches and everyone seems to like the books.</span>

Control the weather. <span style="color: #FF0000">I'll invite Billy Graham next time!</span>

However, two very small things that I would change that would help substantially.... 1. Nail a few strips of wood on the rooftop for someone to put a foot hold. It would make it nice due to the elements and I could of done better had my fat ass not slid down from the mud for 50 out of the 60 seconds for the stage. LOL. If it was dry outside this would of been a mute issue. 2. At the barn, shooting from there was difficult, although very comfortable, it made it almost impossible to read the wind. I'd prefer to shoot out in the elements in order to read the wind than shoot from the barn or deck. Other than those two minor issues, everything was perfect!
<span style="color: #FF0000">Response to 1 - We thought about that but we thought it would make it too easy. Didn't calculate a metric ton of oily mud in that decision. We need to plan all COF's for all weather conditions. It will make the match easier in good conditions, but doable in bad ones.
Response to 2 - Shooting from the barn was an intentional act trying to mess with your ability to read the wind. Not much different than shooting from a deer stand. We wanted the shooters to "pre-plan their wind calls before they got on the deck and adjust from conditions that they saw in the field </span>

The 60 second format was new to me and is perhaps the #1 reason why I didn't shoot as well as I could have. Perhaps a few more seconds per stage would have been nice especially with the almospheric conditions. <span style="color: #FF0000">Again, our intention was to put pressure on the shooter and make him balance speed and accuracy. We did not expect anyone to get through all of the stages, but did expect most to have enough time to finish several of them. On many of the stages, if the shooter would have slowed down and hit the first couple of available targets and skipped the rest, he would have been in the top ten on that COF.</span>

Ok this is only on a personal level. I am left handed and there were a couple of others there also. But i have found that 99% of all matches are set set up for right handed shooters be it barricades, runs or shooting off a platform of whatever
<span style="color: #FF0000">Rich and I really tried to keep the lefty in mind when setting up the COF. However, I know we failed on some stages. I'll put a lefty on the COF design committee next time. BTW, Dustin is a lefty an was 3rd.</span>

I know it is difficult to find more ROs but smaller squads shooting more stages it would decrease the down time and people traveling could get home a bit sooner on Sunday. But even with this it may not be possible due to range layout inducing cross fire situations.
<span style="color: #FF0000">Hmm..... I'm all about no downtime and managed this entire match to get as many rounds down range as possible in 1 1/2 days. We had 15 RO's, basically 1 for every 4 shooters. Not sure what else we could have done. As it was, each shooter shot on the average once every 30 minutes. That included time for movement between stages, briefings, etc. We will see what we can do to move it faster, but I feel that the only way to do that would be to limit the number of shooters to 40, and we didn't want to go that route with this match. </span>

My only suggestion is to maybe have photo reference for the targets mentioned in the match book, which was an awesome tool. I wasn't familiar with a couple of the style of targets.
<span style="color: #FF0000">Excellent suggestion, we will do that, and maybe video each target in action and put it up on You Tube so the shooters can review them before the match.</span>

Other than having topless women serve me cold beer between stages, I really can't think of anything that would have made it any better. Hands down, this was the best match I've ever been to. I can't wait for the next one! Thanks again!
<span style="color: #FF0000">I'll have Ninja bring his girls to the next match!</span>

I know it's a safety issue and what ever needs to be done to keep everyone safe is obviously what needs to be done but the bolt back transitioning from target to target (from the same firing position) is really unnatural. First thing my strong hand does after follow through it run that bolt. Once I lift it's all one motion from there. This was hard for me to control.
<span style="color: #FF0000"> I know this was unnatural, but I believe a bolt should not be down until you see the target that you intend to destroy through your scope. I have NEVER seen an AD/ND when a bolt was up. I have seen a ton when the bolt was down. My intention was for no shooter to go "duck hunting" on my property with a high powered rifle. The rule worked, very few "bolt" calls, no one lost all of the stage points for 2 "bolt" calls. Again, the rule worked, and my opinion, should be a staple in every match. This rule evolved from my own ND, when during the TPRC, I slipped off a muddy hill after I was on the target with my bolt down. I went to reposition myself without opening the bolt, and torched off a round with my ring finger! That said, I am open to discussion on this matter.</span>

When each squad is split and shooting next to each other, alternate which side shoots. Let one side run a shooter while the other side is getting a shooter on the line and prepped, then go back and forth. This would eliminate confusion with the timer sounds and any "impact" call made by the RO.
<span style="color: #FF0000">Yes, something we should have thought of in advance. We will do this in the future, or move the shooters far enough that this won't be an issue.</span>

"The match books were a great idea and I like having timed stages ,but I dont trust shooting timers. It seems like every three gun match I go to there are discrepancies and more than once at this match it seemed like some people got the really shorted on the time thing. It wasnt me ,but it sure seemed like when I watched a couple other peoples runs they got a little shorted on time. Of course this could all be my imagination, but I have seen problems before with timers as I am sure you have also,Kevin.
<span style="color: #FF0000">We had 4 new CED timers and 2 others that I have had for a while. I don't think they had issues, but I will check them all against a clock before future matches. I am really against using stop watches in a match. There is too much room for error using them. Shot timers start exactly on the beep and beep again automatically at the set par time. Not much room to screw them up unless they are flat out not keeping time properly. I have had problems in matches with timed stages, but it always seems to be when there is a stop watch involved.</span>

The only improvable option in my mind is having all competitors shoot the same stages on the same day. I know its difficult but it is very doable. As a MD I have been down this road and it takes most of the weather unfairness out of the situation. Is it always perfect, no, but it is an improvement when you have overcast and 55 one day then 35 and pouring the next. I understand you cant control weather but doing what we can to minimize the impact is helpful.
<span style="color: #FF0000">I know this was an issue, but it was the only way we could do what we did in 1 1/2 days, where there is only 10 hours of daylight. We planned the tower, barn, and dam ranges to have about the same complexity, target distances, number of available points, etc. to prevent weather from becoming an issue. We threw out a stage on the dam for time reasons, that made the available points there less than the others. Trying to get everyone to shoot in the same conditions in Texas is nearly impossible. I have been at matches where the winds were zero for the first group of cold bore shooters, and gusting to 15mph 45 minutes later when the balance of the group finished! At Rifles Only this last match, we stood at the 100 yard line and observed the wind shift from the south at about 8mph to the north at about 10 in FIVE minutes! This said, we will review this and try to improve the balance.</span>

Give you RO's another pat on the back because they are the ones that had to present your plan to us and could have really presented a totally different experience if they got lazy, complacent, cocky, or just not really cared. That WAS NOT the case. A FUCKING PLUS for the RO's and a hell of a kick off to this points race series.
<span style="color: #FF0000"> I SECOND THAT MOTION!!! Thanks again brothers!</span>