• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos The REASON J-Locks SUCK

hoguer

The Dude
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
Central Valley, CA
New Caldwell aluminum firing assembly for 700. Look at the spring on the old J-Lock. Yuck. Before and after pics. Will be coated to match when ARPredatorHunter coats entire gun to match the stock. Just waiting on my Wyatts DMB for it and then she goes out...

Re: The REASON J-Locks SUCK

Remember to take pics when it snaps in half like mine did.
laugh.gif

if the rifel is new remington would have sent you a new deal for free.bought a 22-250 last yesr with a J-key and the spring was the same as yours.called them and they sent me one with out the J-key.even came with flute's down the fireing pin.and boy did it help out with the accuracy.went from 1.5 to .300 at 100 with the same load.

I switched out my J lock too, but I used an all steel unit from Brownells. Gun runs great.

you did what 5R? just called em and told them the spring was wonky, and they sent you new parts? elaborate for me will ya?

C_K