• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Roedale Surgeon - A Fairytale for the Patient

SurgeonPredator

barrel boy
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
South Germany
www.lothar-walther.de
Once upon a time there was a young lad who went out to seek his holy grail of precision rifles.

Months flew past looking for the right path to follow and eventually, it had to be sometime in late 2006, he stumbled upon an odd yet skilled english craftsman, living in a placed called Oz.

This fellow was rumoured to be a luminary in his craft and so our young lad ordered him to build a magical weapon. It ought to be capable of piercing thick layers of paper over great distances to defeat the evil Circle Of Six.

Time went into the land, the trees lost their leaves, snow covered the wast plains of northern Teutonia until spring flowers heralds the end of the cold season. The sun grew stronger and stronger and it was summer. But nothing lasts forever and the trees were shaken by strong gusts of autmumn storms and the circle starts anew for two following years.

One day, it was late 2008, a voice reached the ear of our young and patient lad. A gifted gunsmith over the great pond pulled a strong and mighty piece of metal out of his forge to send it to the old european continent to the odd englishman in the wonderland. And another unique piece has arrived in the the workshop: A sturdy, elongated steel tube with mystical polygonal grooves from the forges of Königsbronn.

However, Lady Fate intervened and changed the plans of our young lad. A special wood, only found in the old colonies of the Kingdom, was mishaped and therefore not useable as a stock for the powerful weapon to be build.

Just before the birthday of a holy child, the craftsman from Oz and our young lad met up to elaborate the further progression. It was then, that they decided to use a rare and astonishing light stock only found in the far lands of Down Under. Only a few had Fortuna on their side to get ahold of such a masterful piece.

Now, with all the special items from all around the globe gathered in Oz, the master was able to begin his work.

The young lad became more and more impatient as the days went past. Month, even.

Not long ago, he received a call from Oz. It was about time, he thought. But Lady Fate was not favourable. She simply close-shut the doors to the proving grounds, so the weapon could not be evaluated.

Eventually, another month later, a call reached out to our now-impatient young lad.

It is done.

Finally, he thought, after 987 days, I shall receive my magic long distance hole puncher?

But what would a fairytale be, without a happy ending?

And so the young lad saddles his horse to ride into the wonderland.

Hours later, he arrives and enters the cozy shack of the odd english craftsman, buried deep in his work.

A canny smile on his face, he hands over his masterpiece to the young and tired lad.

Astonished he inspects the weapon, his eyes wide open, speechless.

After several hours of shoptalk and joy, the young lad rides back home, happy as can be.

Three days later, a well deserved weekend, a blackened tube with precicely cut lenses arrives in the den of our young and still happy lad.

On that day, he began to train and polish his skills so he'll be prepared to fight the Circle of the Six with as much precision as others did before him.

It was not before today, that the weapon could reach out and fight the paper as it was intended to.

With a complex apparatus made in asia, the young lad captured the day on film to show his fellow members of the Hide what all those years of waiting were good for.

It is understood that training and practise is still required.

And they all lived happily ever after...

If you ask yourself by now, if he'll ever stop with that blah blah yadda yadda, here you go:

If you made it that far in my neverending story, you shall be rewarded.

Gallery

I hope you like my story, thought I write it as entertaining as possible yet keeping it close to the real incidents. Did not really check for spelling/grammar, sorry for any reading issues.

More reports coming in, same for pictures.

Re: The Roedale Surgeon - A Fairytale for the Patient

Andreas, I am wondering if you've been at the wacky backy !! interesting story mind.

<span style="font-style: italic">It is understood that training and practise is still required.</span>

Not to mention the right ammo !!

Pete

that 300m target is what 10cm x 10cm?
I only got chance to check her at 100m, with 167gr factory lapua moly coated scenars, 5rd one ragged hole.
Got ammo on its way to you by the way.
Glad you finaly got your long awaited rifle, getting the parts together was an epic saga in its self.

regards Pete

The black square is 80x80 mm, the center ring 60 mm and the bull's eye 30 mm.

Shot Remington Premier Match 168 gr. HPBT at 300m and surplus 152 gr at 100m. Strong wind gusts, don't know the impact on .308 Win trajectory, guess it was minimal at best, so the lateral spread could be me, trying to find the NPA.

Nice rifle ¡¡¡

Got one RH40 from Pete, same caliber.- looks like a tack driver, shot some 1/3 moa groups using a concrete block with a folded towel as a rest. The day I use a bipod or proper rest....

Very nice rifle and story Andreas. Congrats. Looks like good things do indeed come to those who have a little patience. Enjoyed all of your pictures too (went to your gallery).