• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The SEC has won five consecutive BCS Championships

Re: The SEC has won five consecutive BCS Championships

It's all OK, Mike. Calm down ... you now have another year for your team or conference to do something. You wouldn't understand ... IT's a Southern thing !!!! Like Duty , Honor, Country. Bama expects a national championship & all we want to do is Beat BAMA !!! We DID. Also everyone else.

Back around 1938 ... TCU & Baylor won National Championships ... but NOT back to back Heisman's.

WAR DAMN EAGLE

165698_1797048331097_1386406695_32020046_770587_n.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could tell Cam was not 100%</div></div>

Maybe that had something to do with the Ducks defense
crazy.gif
They neutralized him just like the F word
wink.gif
and the "big four" neutralized James. The only positive at the end was knowing Mr. Heisman had to <span style="text-decoration: underline">watch</span> the game winning KICK
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to the oregon offensive coordinator- go shoot yourself, how many draws can you run on the goal line, and short yardage when they AREN"T WORKING?!!!

to cam newton- have fun doin nothing in the NFL you will fit in perfectly with the long history of QB's that come from the SEC and go on to do a whole lot of bench warming </div></div>

Ya that Peyton Manning sure does suck.........

(Sarcasm if you can't tell)

Will and Ben,

Congratulations as you deserve it. I am also certain that you are aware you are the antithesis of my point here as you both are graduates of Auburn and rightly deserve to brag.

Enjoy this while it lasts as there wont be another in our lifetime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reason you don't mind jumping from one team to another is because you have no loyalty. You have no loyalty because you have no affiliation.

I guess since I was born and raised in California, I can rightly claim to be a fan of every college and university in every sport "just because" I happen to have lived there.

I'll tell you another thing. There were ample Alabama fans that were pulling for Oregon last night just as there were ample Auburn fans pulling for Texas last year. THAT is loyalty to your team. Not this "well, I happen to live in the south, or in the state, so that's good enough for me. Fair weather Johnson. </div></div>

I didnt pull for either team. Would I have rather seen Oregon win, yes. You ask why? I am an SEC fan, but not how this played out:

1) Auburn CHEATED to get where they are. Cam Newton KNEW he asked for the money with his Dad. They have voicemails from the coach at Miss St. He knew what was going on then denied it so Auburn wouldnt be without him for the championship game. He will also feel like a real asshole when they eventually negate all their wins and strip him of the Heisman. Reggie Bush thought he got away with it as well. Time will tell.

2) I am a UK and Alabama fan. I have grown up with UK sports in my life and I love the University, my dad played ball for them and my brother know attends. I will forever be a Big Blue fan. I went to college at Bama. Why didnt I go to UK? It was about independence and growing up. I felt that I needed to get away from home and learn to live on my own and be responsible for me. I think it was a turning point in my life. So do I cheer for both teams given my past? Of course I do. But I am a UK fan first and for most. When Alabama plays UK I wear BLUE. When UK came to play them in basketball and I was there in school I sat behind the UK bench wearing all blue and white. I got shit for it from my roomates but I am a diehard UK fan.

I graduated from LSU.....dont like $cam and didnt pull for him, but had to pull for the SEC......telling someone they cant pull for a team b/c they didnt graduate from that school is tough, most LSU fans I know went to SLU, ULL, etc...what is their choice......the others are transplants and have sent 3 - 4 kids to LSU and now feel like a real LSU fan............................. S-E-C!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is funny how SEC fans chant "S-E-C" all the time. The Big 12 fans don't do that because we are smart enough to know that we recruit against all the other teams in the Big 12. We also don't get all excited when another team from the Big 12 wins a national championship for that exact reason, it hurts us in recruiting.

The other teams in the SEC are supposed to be your hated rivals, not your back up team to root for when your favorite team doesn't make a bowl game or had theirs back in December.</div></div>

That's true. And the major reason for that is a majority of fans in other conferences are made up of alumni and associations with the schools. You would never get an OSU fan pulling for Michigan.

However in the SEC, fans have virtually no association with a school so rather than pulling for pride, they pull because they're riding the band wagon and they have no loyalty to anyone.

The same poser who will wear an Auburn hat this year is the same poser that wore an Alabama hat last year and a Florida hat the year before. </div></div>

Everybody likes to be associated with a winner. SEC schools do travel well though. Isn't that what the bowls are all about these days? Who can bring in the most money and fans?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is also funny how all the SEC talk stops as soon as football season is over. </div></div>

Not exactly... Midway (even early sometimes) through the season you start hearing about which HS kid has given verbal commitments, etc. After the season ends, on the call in radio shows, you have 'what went wrong/right', followed by recruiting, then fans from school A talking about how a player from school B got caught doing whatever, then more recruiting. Of course, the normal amount of smack talk between Alabama and West Georgia.

At some point some guy will call in w/a basketball or baseball question that's dismissed and they go right back to talking about spring practice. IIRC somewhere around 93,000 showed up for Alabama's A Day Game this year and it was on ESPN... The SEC talk might die down on Sniper's Hide or in OK but it stays pretty strong year round here.</div></div>

Actually my point was not about TALK about football season. It is the same here for OU and their recruits.

I was saying that the SEC is good in football, and that is about it. I do give you the fact that some of the SEC schools have good baseball programs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is also funny how all the SEC talk stops as soon as football season is over. </div></div>

Not exactly... Midway (even early sometimes) through the season you start hearing about which HS kid has given verbal commitments, etc. After the season ends, on the call in radio shows, you have 'what went wrong/right', followed by recruiting, then fans from school A talking about how a player from school B got caught doing whatever, then more recruiting. Of course, the normal amount of smack talk between Alabama and West Georgia.

At some point some guy will call in w/a basketball or baseball question that's dismissed and they go right back to talking about spring practice. IIRC somewhere around 93,000 showed up for Alabama's A Day Game this year and it was on ESPN... The SEC talk might die down on Sniper's Hide or in OK but it stays pretty strong year round here.</div></div>

Actually my point was not about TALK about football season. It is the same here for OU and their recruits.

I was saying that the SEC is good in football, and that is about it. I do give you the fact that some of the SEC schools have good baseball programs. </div></div>

Pretty sure the most winning program in basketball is an SEC TEAM. That would be the Kentucky Wildcats. Who hit 2,000 wins... last season.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Will</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's all OK, Mike. Calm down ... you now have another year for your team or conference to do something. You wouldn't understand ... IT's a Southern thing !!!! Like Duty , Honor, Country. Bama expects a national championship & all we want to do is Beat BAMA !!! We DID. Also everyone else.

Back around 1938 ... TCU & Baylor won National Championships ... but NOT back to back Heisman's.

WAR DAMN EAGLE </div></div>

Auburn did not win back to back Heisman's ?!?! Ingram got it last year.... or do you mean two players from the same state won them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Will</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's all OK, Mike. Calm down ... you now have another year for your team or conference to do something. You wouldn't understand ... IT's a Southern thing !!!! Like Duty , Honor, Country. Bama expects a national championship & all we want to do is Beat BAMA !!! We DID. Also everyone else.

WAR DAMN EAGLE </div></div>

Auburn did not win back to back Heisman's ?!?! Ingram got it last year.... or do you mean two players from the same state won them? </div></div>

He is saying two players from the same state.

How about the same player getting back to back Heisman's? It wasn't an SEC player.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I was saying that the SEC is good in football, and that is about it. I do give you the fact that some of the SEC schools have good baseball programs. </div></div>

Pretty sure the most winning program in basketball is an SEC TEAM. That would be the Kentucky Wildcats. Who hit 2,000 wins... last season. </div></div>

Congrats!!

But actually my point still stands because I was talking about the SEC. Not ONE team from the SEC. As a whole the SEC sucks in just about everything other than football.

The Big East is to basketball as the SEC is to football.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually my point was not about TALK about football season. It is the same here for OU and their recruits.

I hear ya. I thought that was what you meant... Honestly I could really care less about baseball. Can't watch it on t.v. but in person it can be fun (at a pro or semi-pro park where you can get a beer)
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to the oregon offensive coordinator- go shoot yourself, how many draws can you run on the goal line, and short yardage when they AREN"T WORKING?!!!

to cam newton- have fun doin nothing in the NFL you will fit in perfectly with the long history of QB's that come from the SEC and go on to do a whole lot of bench warming </div></div>

Joey Harrington and don't worry, LSU is gonna pound Oregon at Jerry's World in September..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Pretty sure the most winning program in basketball is an SEC TEAM. That would be the Kentucky Wildcats. Who hit 2,000 wins... last season. </div></div> LSU has the 2nd most National Titles in baseball and also dominate in track and field..

Congrats!!

But actually my point still stands because I was talking about the SEC. Not ONE team from the SEC. As a whole the SEC sucks in just about everything other than football.

The Big East is to basketball as the SEC is to football. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to the oregon offensive coordinator- go shoot yourself, how many draws can you run on the goal line, and short yardage when they AREN"T WORKING?!!!

Joey Harrington and don't worry, LSU is gonna pound Oregon at Jerry's World in September.. </div></div>

that game is gonna be a blast.

I don't meant to confuse you all with <span style="font-weight: bold">FACTS</span> but the conference with the most basketball national championships is the Pac-10 (13 to the SEC's 10), and for the top baseball school doubling LSU's national championships is USC, a Pac-10 school.

Oh, and I like how 2 Teams out of 12 (LSU and Georgia) makes the SEC" the baseball conference".

LSU's 6 National Championships and Georgia's 1 is all there is in the SEC.

Where as the PAC-10 has something like 23 baseball National championships spread out over 6 different teams. USC, Cal, ASU, UA, Stanford, OSU. And these are modern day championships, not some 1910 era gone by teams.

Now THAT is a baseball conference.

Oh, and on a side note, one of the other top baseball teams is Cal State Fullerton, another west coast school.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't meant to confuse you all with <span style="font-weight: bold">FACTS</span> but the conference with the most basketball national championships is the Pac-10 (13 to the SEC's 10), and for the top baseball school doubling LSU's national championships is USC, a Pac-10 school.

Oh, and I like how 2 Teams out of 12 (LSU and Georgia) makes the SEC" the baseball conference".

Where as the PAC-10 has something like 23 baseball National championships spread out over 6 different teams. USC, Cal, ASU, UA, Stanford, OSU. And these are modern day championships, not some 1910 era gone by teams.

Oh, and on a side note, one of the other top baseball teams is Cal State Fullerton, another west coast school.

</div></div>

This thread was about FOOTBALL, take your make me feel good baseball shit out of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't meant to confuse you all with <span style="font-weight: bold">FACTS</span> but the conference with the most basketball national championships is the Pac-10 (13 to the SEC's 10), and for the top baseball school doubling LSU's national championships is USC, a Pac-10 school.

</div></div>

This thread was about FOOTBALL, take your make me feel good baseball shit out of it. </div></div>

Eat my ass outsy, read the thread and you will see that I was not the one who brought up other sports.

And for your information, the Pac-10, SEC FOOTBALL stats favor the Pac-10 as well.

So shut your mouth.

Auburn's middle D won the game. No place to run and not time for play action, deep drop back pass that requires time in the pocket, Aub speed killed Org pass protection. Auburn speed on the edge keep yardage gains to a min, very little RAC yards. Basically Org had no answer even with their speed. I thought they slowed down and kept getting slower as the game progressed except for their last score. I think this was due to Aub confusion on D. While Org did struggle at times, their speed score came in bunches all year but they never faced a confusing speedy D like Aub. Most D bracketed the play in the Pac 10 but Org speed would run around the bracket for long gains. Not so with Aub, they close up that bracket faster than the edge players could make yards.

Speed on D and primarily the D line is what has kept SEC in the Championships. Plus, the SEC runs more attacking D with chances due to that speed. Very few edge players can make up that speed, the D can close up the bracket real quick. Man up down field the O line has to protect and most teams cannot.

I thought Org speed would wear down the Aub D on the edge and would open the game up but I felt Org coaches were over matched at the game plan with no answers. I do not think they knew just how fast Aub D line was. All year we heard about the play calling and confusion they cause in the Pac 10 that did not happen in this game.

I for one think Cam Newton should have been benched but so should have the Ohio State players. But, the BCS had to have these players in the games to sell tickets. In fact, I thought most of the bowl games lacked interest but Penn State / Fla.

I think the NCAA and BCS are out of control. Most of the things they say and do have no reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't meant to confuse you all with <span style="font-weight: bold">FACTS</span> but the conference with the most basketball national championships is the Pac-10 (13 to the SEC's 10), and for the top baseball school doubling LSU's national championships is USC, a Pac-10 school.

</div></div>

This thread was about FOOTBALL, take your make me feel good baseball shit out of it. </div></div>

See, this is the exact kind of obnoxious fan arrogance I was referring to earlier.

Outsy, who didn't even attend an SEC school, didn't have a problem with the two different SEC "fans" pointing out the supposed SEC's dominance in other sports, he let that ride. Yet when I point out that the SEC fans were incorrect and way off base in their assertion, I'M told "it's all about football". Well if it's all about football Outsy, please quote your fellow SEC "fans" and tell THEM this thread is just about football.

THEN, you can say something to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't meant to confuse you all with <span style="font-weight: bold">FACTS</span> but the conference with the most basketball national championships is the Pac-10 (13 to the SEC's 10), and for the top baseball school doubling LSU's national championships is USC, a Pac-10 school.

</div></div>

See, this is the exact kind of obnoxious fan arrogance I was referring to earlier.

Outsy, who didn't even attend an SEC school, didn't have a problem with the two different SEC "fans" pointing out the supposed SEC's dominance in other sports, he let that ride. Yet when I point out that the SEC fans were incorrect and way off base in their assertion, I'M told "it's all about football". Well if it's all about football Outsy, please quote your fellow SEC "fans" and tell THEM this thread is just about football.

THEN, you can say something to me. </div></div>

But Mike, that wouldnt get them all wound up.

You have got your panties all in a wad over the fact that the Pac 10 couldnt hang with the SEC.

Its not that I am an over zelous fan, its more that you are getting so bent out of shape over it all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't meant to confuse you all with <span style="font-weight: bold">FACTS</span> but the conference with the most basketball national championships is the Pac-10 (13 to the SEC's 10), and for the top baseball school doubling LSU's national championships is USC, a Pac-10 school.

</div></div>

THEN, you can say something to me. </div></div>

But Mike, that wouldnt get them all wound up.

You have got your panties all in a wad over the fact that the Pac 10 couldnt hang with the SEC.

Its not that I am an over zelous fan, its more that you are getting so bent out of shape over it all. </div></div>

No, it wouldn't get them wound up but it would serve two issues. First, it would keep the topic on football as you so adamantly pointed out.

Second, it would prevent them from spewing their incorrect ramblings.

So let me ask you a question.

How does the Pac-10 not "hang" with the SEC when the Pac-10 has won 12 out of the last 23 meetings?

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/35565/sec-vs-the-pac-10

In fact, two Pac-10 schools (USC, UCLA) are 11-0 against the SEC IN FOOTBALL. Oregon, is 11-1 against the SEC, and this is according to ESPN. But what do they know about sports, right?

So I'm not wound up over Oregon's loss (with an 11-1 record I'll take them all day long against the SEC), I'm wound up over the blatant lies and hypocrisy that SEC fans such as yourself love to try and espouse.

Good luck next year pulling for Georgia, PSU (Penn State?), or whatever SEC flavor of the month you get behind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Pretty sure the most winning program in basketball is an SEC TEAM. That would be the Kentucky Wildcats. Who hit 2,000 wins... last season. </div></div>

Congrats!!

The Big East is to basketball as the SEC is to football. </div></div>

The big east is better? Not according to some of their records....
I think the SEC states recruit so hard for football they become known for football not the other sports. Thats the opposite affect at UK. They are a basketball state.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The big east is better? Not according to some of their records....
I think the SEC states recruit so hard for football they become known for football not the other sports. Thats the opposite affect at UK. They are a basketball state. </div></div>

Last year in the NCAA basketball tournament the Big East had 10 teams make it. The SEC had 4.

OK Mike, my mom, dad, stepdad, and about six cousins graduated from LSU, I went to Delta State. So am I allowed to root for LSU? I am not sure I follow your logic. Delta State I root for, almost won it all this year and have a stellar baseball program and great womens basket ball program as if any one cares. LSU is my favorite team. I have always rooted for them, even when they sucked. I put it to you that top to bottom, in football, the SEC is the toughest conference in the nation. Every conference game is one you could lose. No I don't like Cam Newton or Auburn. Yes I did root for them because they were playing a team that I believe did not have to work as hard to get there. If you remember a few years ago Hawaii was bitching about not having a shot as the BCS championship game because they were undefeatded. They got their asses handed to them by UGA. OSU, finally one a bowl game this year against the SEC. The PAC 10 plays maybe 2 tough games a year. We spend the whole season beating the crap out of each other. So yes, it's like brothers fighting, we beat the crap out of each other, but no one ele better try to get a piece.
And finally, the most important part of my response......
scoreboard! At least be a decent loser.
Patrick

The Pac 10 did have great recruiting and teams in the past as every good ballplayer wanted to go to sunny warm California but that has turned. And with 73 now is why the smaller schools are getting great talent and coaches and competing.

Oregon Vs Tenn is not a good comparison. Pac 10 Vs Fl, Bama, LSU, is different the last few years.

I remember when all the commentators said USC could beat an NFL team but Texas said different again with speed on D and VY on O and USC had no answer; blitz and VY dumped off to the TE, nothing difficult to pick due to the great game planning from TX, stay in coverage and VY ran making the whole speedy D from USC look like they have concrete cleats on.

On D, Texas had a speed spy on Bush all game limiting him to one play when the spy was out of position, speedy D in the middle filling gaps and speed on the edges to bracket the edge players and man up more speed than USC. The USC quarterback like most could not read and deal with the speed on D as his NFL career proved.

OK #1 next year! They will not finish there. LSU will be strong and should win the SEC and represent.

I have no dog, I went to UAA but I still think the SEC is the most competitive football D1 due to speed on the D line and on the edge so the D can take chances......right now.

Speed....ask Wis about speed on D with TCU.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't meant to confuse you all with <span style="font-weight: bold">FACTS</span> but the conference with the most basketball national championships is the Pac-10 (13 to the SEC's 10), and for the top baseball school doubling LSU's national championships is USC, a Pac-10 school.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Oh, and I like how 2 Teams out of 12 (LSU and Georgia) makes the SEC" the baseball conference".
</span>

</div></div>

Mike, your stats are correct & the great State of California has awesome sports team......

<span style="font-weight: bold">However, I find it amusing that you punked out the SEC for only having 2 teams that hold all the SEC baseball titles</span> & therefore they aren't as good as the PAC-10.....but then your obviously forget to use the same logic on the PAC-10's basketball titles...

11 out of 13 titles are held by <span style="font-weight: bold">ONE </span>team....UCLA.....

What's up with that...?
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mike, your stats are correct & the great State of California has awesome sports team......

However, I find it amusing that you punked out the SEC for only having 2 teams that hold all the SEC baseball titles & therefore they aren't as good as the PAC-10.....but then your obviously forget to use the same logic on the PAC-10's basketball titles...

11 out of 13 titles are held by <span style="font-weight: bold">ONE </span>team....UCLA.....

What's up with that...?
cool.gif
</div></div>

Great question however if we're going to discuss, let's discuss apples to apples. I "punked out" the SEC for having only two teams in BASEBALL. But then you say, why didn't I use the same logic on basketball? Well, Because basketball is nearly a wash. You quote that UCLA has 11 of the 13 Pac-10 BB titles (84% of the titles) yet you don't point out that Kentucky has 7 of the SEC's 10 BB titles (70% of the titles). Also, 4 of 10 teams from the Pac-10 have won BB NC, UCLA, Cal, Oregon, Stanford and Arizona; spreading the wealth if you will. Whereas the SEC has only had 3 of 12 teams Kentucky, Arkansas, Florida. So I don't see that how it is that much of a difference.

When it comes down to brass tacks, WHO is the National Champion, Auburn, a team from the SEC. Not the Pac 10, not the Big 12, ..... the SEC.

Football in the south is a completely different animal than football anywhere else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When it comes down to brass tacks, WHO is the National Champion, Auburn, a team from the SEC. Not the Pac 10, not the Big 12, ..... the SEC.
</div></div>

So by your logic when another team wins the NC next year, does that mean the SEC sucks? Where is the line drawn?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When it comes down to brass tacks, WHO is the National Champion, Auburn, a team from the SEC. Not the Pac 10, not the Big 12, ..... the SEC.
</div></div>

So by your logic when another team wins the NC next year, does that mean the SEC sucks? Where is the line drawn? </div></div>

No next year we will just change the title of this thread to SIX consecutive BCS Championships.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When it comes down to brass tacks, WHO is the National Champion, Auburn, a team from the SEC. Not the Pac 10, not the Big 12, ..... the SEC.
</div></div>

So by your logic when another team wins the NC next year, does that mean the SEC sucks? Where is the line drawn? </div></div>

No next year we will just change the title of this thread to SIX consecutive BCS Championships. </div></div>

Great. Money where your conference is?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

However, I find it amusing that you punked out the SEC for only having 2 teams that hold all the SEC baseball titles & therefore they aren't as good as the PAC-10.....but then your obviously forget to use the same logic on the PAC-10's basketball titles...

What's up with that...?
cool.gif
</div></div>

Great question however if we're going to discuss, let's discuss apples to apples. I "punked out" the SEC for having only two teams in BASEBALL. But then you say, why didn't I use the same logic on basketball? Well, Because basketball is nearly a wash. You quote that UCLA has 11 of the 13 Pac-10 BB titles (84% of the titles) <span style="color: #FF0000">yet you don't point out that Kentucky has 7 of the SEC's 10 BB titles (70% of the titles)</span>. Also, 4 of 10 teams from the Pac-10 have won BB NC, UCLA, Cal, Oregon, Stanford and Arizona; spreading the wealth if you will. Whereas the SEC has only had 3 of 12 teams Kentucky, Arkansas, Florida. So I don't see that how it is that much of a difference. </div></div>

Uh.....I didn't point it out because I'm not the one who made the point to begin with.....

All kidding a side....in today's sporting world, I think most of this arguing about which conference is best is really moot. In the competitive world of recruiting, NCAA sports has really become a small world, in that the most recruited athletes will easily go across the country to play at schools with the best offers.

So 40 years ago I think the average college team would probably have 98% of their players from the home state....now I think it's a lot less....of course.....I could be wrong.
cool.gif

</div></div>

Too bad that out of all those bad ass NT's USC has in baseball, they only have one in the last 32 years..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What's up with that...?
cool.gif
</div></div>

Great question however if we're going to discuss, let's discuss apples to apples. I "punked out" the SEC for having only two teams in BASEBALL. But then you say, why didn't I use the same logic on basketball? Well, Because basketball is nearly a wash. You quote that UCLA has 11 of the 13 Pac-10 BB titles (84% of the titles) yet you don't point out that Kentucky has 7 of the SEC's 10 BB titles (70% of the titles). Also, 4 of 10 teams from the Pac-10 have won BB NC, UCLA, Cal, Oregon, Stanford and Arizona; spreading the wealth if you will. Whereas the SEC has only had 3 of 12 teams Kentucky, Arkansas, Florida. So I don't see that how it is that much of a difference. </div></div>

You think you punked out the SEC, but you don;t even have your facts right.. The SEC now has 3 NT winners in baseball as South Carolina just won it. If your gonna talk shit get your facts right and stop being a blind hating homer..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What's up with that...?
cool.gif
</div></div>

Great question however if we're going to discuss, let's discuss apples to apples. I "punked out" the SEC for having only two teams in BASEBALL. But then you say, why didn't I use the same logic on basketball? Well, Because basketball is nearly a wash. You quote that UCLA has 11 of the 13 Pac-10 BB titles (84% of the titles) yet you don't point out that Kentucky has 7 of the SEC's 10 BB titles (70% of the titles). Also, 4 of 10 teams from the Pac-10 have won BB NC, UCLA, Cal, Oregon, Stanford and Arizona; spreading the wealth if you will. Whereas the SEC has only had 3 of 12 teams Kentucky, Arkansas, Florida. So I don't see that how it is that much of a difference. </div></div>

You think you punked out the SEC, but you don;t even have your facts right.. The SEC now has 3 NT winners in baseball as South Carolina just won it. If your gonna talk shit get your facts right and stop being a blind hating homer..</div></div>

Another great example of an hypocrite SEC fan that can't keep their facts straight nor read either. Because if he could read, he would have seen that I didn't "punk out" the SEC, the term "punked out" was initially coined by mgd45 here.

"However, I find it amusing that you punked out the SEC for only having 2 teams that hold all the SEC baseball titles...." I put it in bold in the original post for you.

But again, let's not confuse the intellectually challenged with facts or the truth. So why don't YOU check your FACTS before commenting on MY error hypocrite.

ooooohhhh, and I'm so impressed with your whole THREE teams winning a total of EIGHT national championships in baseball. How dare I point out that the PAC-10 has nearly TRIPLE that amount with DOUBLE the number of teams that did it. But you're right, you burned me bad pointing out the most recent team to win, one that changes the entire dynamic of the initial point. NOT! You must feel like a champion....Retard.

Guys, all that really matters is ole Nick didnt win another NC and Alabama finished behind LSU.............again.

Go Tigers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What's up with that...?
cool.gif
</div></div>

You think you punked out the SEC, but you don;t even have your facts right.. The SEC now has 3 NT winners in baseball as South Carolina just won it. If your gonna talk shit get your facts right and stop being a blind hating homer..</div></div>

Another great example of an hypocrite SEC fan that can't keep their facts straight nor read either. Because if he could read, he would have seen that I didn't "punk out" the SEC, the term "punked out" was initially coined by mgd45 here.

"However, I find it amusing that you punked out the SEC for only having 2 teams that hold all the SEC baseball titles...." I put it in bold in the original post for you.

But again, let's not confuse the intellectually challenged with facts or the truth. So why don't YOU check your FACTS before commenting on MY error hypocrite.

ooooohhhh, and I'm so impressed with your whole THREE teams winning a total of EIGHT national championships in baseball. How dare I point out that the PAC-10 has nearly TRIPLE that amount with DOUBLE the number of teams that did it. But you're right, you burned me bad pointing out the most recent team to win, one that changes the entire dynamic of the initial point. NOT! You must feel like a champion....Retard. </div></div> your right. I'm the hypocrite with correct facts that pertains to the discussion. Your just a hypocrite that can't get his facts to fit his argument well, so he resorts to childish Internet tough guy name calling..

Have fun in pac-zero fantasy land hoping the next unshared NT in football won't take another 38 years..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> your right. I'm the hypocrite with correct facts that pertains to the discussion. Your just a hypocrite that can't get his facts to fit his argument well, so he resorts to childish Internet tough guy name calling..

Have fun in pac-zero fantasy land hoping the next unshared NT in football won't take another 38 years..</div></div>

Your "facts". Tell me about your "facts". Tell me how my erroneously omitting the Gamecocks as an SEC NC winner changes any of the facts mentioned by any significant margin? It doesn't take away the limited number of SEC NC baseball titles, it doesn't change that SEC baseball is in the shadow of the Pac-10 by far. All it shows is a desperate bid by an obnoxious fan to try and discredit the initial mistake that the SEC is a baseball "powerhouse".

And this cracks me up. Thank you for giving me a great laugh on a Sunday night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Have fun in pac-zero fantasy land hoping the next unshared NT in football won't take another 38 years..</div></div>

Let's see. Alabama 2009, Tennessee 1998, prior to that every NC team has "shared" a title. So woo hoo, the SEC has such a huge lead on the rest of the country. Although they don't. Texas in 2005, Miami 2001, Nebraska in 1995. These were unshared and guess what? Texas and Nebraska are in the Big 12 so the SEC doesn't have the lead.

And let's talk about "shared" national championships. You mean like the LSU Tigers that "shared" an NC with USC? An LSU team that went 45 years (1958-2003) without a National Championship? They had to let LSU share it with USC out of pity.

Popularity contest aside, the facts remain.

I think LSU is playing Oregon for their opener 2011?
It should be a good game to watch...

BAMA opens with Michigan 2012.

Both are great games to start the season with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When it comes down to brass tacks, WHO is the National Champion, Auburn, a team from the SEC. Not the Pac 10, not the Big 12, ..... the SEC.
</div></div>

No next year we will just change the title of this thread to SIX consecutive BCS Championships. </div></div>

Great. Money where your conference is? </div></div>

Okay Mike,
After reading most of this tread I gotta ask... "How much did you lose betting on the Ducks?"

Roll Tide!