• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The silver lining to this whole Afghanistan thing

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    3 tours, 1 doing DA for almost every night for 8 months. I left without as much as a scratch to only find out years later that I did in fact break my jaw while over there when ejected from a vehicle and sent skidding across the road on the side of my helmet, into a ditch, where I promptly got up, started firing and then passed out for 2-3 minutes.

A metric ton of others weren't as lucky and it saddens me to this day, especially now, that we have literally nothing, down to a molecular level, to even show for it, or their sacrifices. It's insane. And this is coming from someone who thought the way the war was being 'run' even in 07-10 was so badly mishandled, that it could only have been that bad with 100% purpose of being that bad. We're at a level of insanity I never thought could be possible; its like something out of some B movie where you just roll your eyes and give 50 reasons as to why that could never have happened. Yet, here we are.

Seeing those pictures of those fat terrorist fucks walking around inside US installations carrying weapons that were just piled up waiting for someone to walk off with, and the images of billions of dollars in equipment and vehicles just sitting there just makes it surreal. We didn't even make an attempt to destroy or burn anything. We now have an updated picture, of a modern day version of the Vietnam airlift all over the internet. 20 years, and thats how it ends.

I can accept if we had fought and lost. I can accept if we just didn't have enough, or just got beat at the end or that we fought with everything we had and it just wasn't enough. But this? I can't even fathom it, let alone the complete faggots 'in charge' who somehow think that this is acceptable on any level and are 'surprised' by this. They're either totally retarded, or so full of shit that they don't even know what the truth actually is any longer.

However, there is a silver lining in all of this. And it's something that ironically, those who are at complete fault with all of this have probably not yet realized. The irony further trickles down with this realization in that they are the exact same muppets who want to label every single one of us as 'domestic terrorists' because we simply refuse to believe their relentless bullshit. What's been proven here is simple and indisputable; they do not have the means, intelligence, fortitude nor the cohesion to defeat ANY enemy that will simply fight to outlast them.

When you apply that to the 'stance' they have been trying to push on everyone since the election on how the most plausible threat to the United States is its own 'domestic terrorists', it becomes extremely obvious, and appropriate, to now look at just how badly they were beaten, on every level, by a bunch of uneducated tribal dumb shits with an average IQ of 70 who did one thing, and one thing only - continue to fight at all costs and not stop, no matter what disadvantages they were supposed to have and how easily they were to be defeated.

There's a SF manual I still have around somewhere that I remember something very specific from - all that an insurgency has to do to win, is to simply not lose.

Let all of that sink in and apply that to the next time these fucking idiots want to lecture you about how they want you to live your life under the threat of F15s and nuclear weapons.

Last edited:
    I think it's a damn disgrace what they've done and how they have managed to throw away what so many bled and died for in such a record short amount of time.

Having said that, you may have just said the wisest thing I've ever seen posted on the Internet.

Cheers for finding that silver lining.

Goals:
    Bin laden was a joke. They knew where he was for years. He quickly turned into the Global war on terrorism and that was a cover for the transfer of wealth. The reduction in body bags allowed the populace to ignore/be entertained with other things. As long as the people were not complaining the show continued. Enforced with the catch phrase... We have not had a terrorist attack like 9-11 since we have been fighting it over there. Guess what? We didn't have one before 9-11 either.

There was never a goal to win!!

Goals:
    Bin laden was a joke. They knew where he was for years. He quickly turned into the Global war on terrorism and that was a cover for the transfer of wealth. The reduction in body bags allowed the populace to ignore/be entertained with other things. As long as the people were not complaining the show continued. Enforced with the catch phrase... We have not had a terrorist attack like 9-11 since we have been fighting it over there. Guess what? We didn't have one before 9-11 either.

Truth.

9/11 deserved a response.

Our military running through Afghanistan like shit through a goose was that response.

Do A, you get B.

Killing the top AQ leadership should have been the strategy just to show Do A, you get B. That could have been done with intel and razor bombs ala Sulimani.

Never should staying in Astan have been a goal.

Iraq......that was our chance to eliminate the UN.

The only violations Saddam committed were violations of UN mandates.

Our ambassador should have said "Enforce your mandates or expose your useless existence"

Instead we propped that clown show up that gives the grifters of the world a chance to come here and live high.

Sadly NY is becoming such a shithole it's likely those grifters will likely want to go elsewhere, hey a silver lining!

They're either totally retarded, or so full of shit that they don't even know what the truth actually is any longer.

Unfortunately, they're not retarded (excepting Gov Lepetomane in the WH) or we could distract them with Skittles. They are indeed FOS, but they know the truth. They just don't care. A conscience would have a negative affect on the agenda.

I only did 1 tour over there for 10 months. I can’t imagine how the surviving families of the fallen are feeling right now. However, they regained control of the country with almost no resistance, so what does that say about the rest of the country that wanted taliban gone?

Devils advocate:

The people are fleeing to other countries including the US. Their govt has already abandoned them. What if creating reliance on the US govt for safety was the plan all along? POTUS saves himself by enacting some plan to have a bunch of refugees come to the US and now welfare programs, more money printing, and now more brainwashed/biden supporters.

I only did 1 tour over there for 10 months. I can’t imagine how the surviving families of the fallen are feeling right now. However, they regained control of the country with almost no resistance, so what does that say about the rest of the country that wanted taliban gone?

Devils advocate:

The people are fleeing to other countries including the US. Their govt has already abandoned them. What if creating reliance on the US govt for safety was the plan all along? POTUS saves himself by enacting some plan to have a bunch of refugees come to the US and now welfare programs, more money printing, and now more brainwashed/biden supporters.
    I wanted to hit like, not because I like the comment, but because I was wondering the same thing.

Why would they?
    They defeated the infidels.
    No they didn't. Defeated infidels are dead infidels. There is no in-between for them. Iran is going to go back to paying terroist groups in all these countries to attack us. We will go tit for tat with the proxies again. Rather than going after Iran for paying them to do it, like the Trump administration did.

9/11 was not out only terror attack of the sort. The OKC bombing was planned and payed for by foreign interests in the middle east. I bet most would still tell you it was a domestic plot planned by anti-gooberment right winger militias.

I should have clarified. They will dance and celebrate the defeat of the infidels.
    No they didn't. Defeated infidels are dead infidels. There is no in-between for them. Iran is going to go back to paying terroist groups in all these countries to attack us. We will go tit for tat with the proxies again. Rather than going after Iran for paying them to do it, like the Trump administration did.

9/11 was not out only terror attack of the sort. The OKC bombing was planned and payed for by foreign interests in the middle east. I bet most would still tell you it was a domestic plot planned by anti-gooberment right winger militias.
    No doubt that the small "lone wolf" type will continue until the MIC needs to be fed. Then the DHS, FBI, CIA and the rest of the alphabet will turn a closed eye to the plans.
    That's if we actually don't self destruct beforehand.

Reactions: Bender
    How long before THEY take another swipe at us on our soil?
    Over 3 yrs/ Under 5 yrs. We'll have to wait a couple weeks to se what Vegas has the odds at.

Goals:

Sad take but spot on. Nothing more than trillions wasted of taxpayer dollars and the lives of our men and women in uniform not to mention the lives ruined of those who remain or were injured and now forgotten by the corrupt powers. Truly disgusting and was never meant to "win" anything.
    Just today Russia announced the POS so called President fled with helicopters and cars full of cash, our cash which says it all.........

Reactions: Romeo458
    Silver lining you just managed to fire 1+mio foreign employees from their no-show jobs and walk away from it all.

except i would expect them to use afghanistan as proof that the government is in peril as long as citizens have arms to defend themselves and their interests.

This was inevitable.
    We should never have stayed.
    Those fucks only care about their tribes and have no interest in "Country" or nation. They were certainly never going to fight to support a regime that was lead by a different tribe.
    It is the way they live.
    For places like that to exist as a nation, they require a brutal dictatorship, they've got one now.
    We shouldn't give two fucks about them (with the exception of those that truly helped us).
    We do, however, look like fucking idiots to our allies and our enemies. Which of course, we are.

Those fucks only care about their tribes and have no interest in "Country" or nation. They were certainly never going to fight to support a regime that was lead by a different tribe.

I think it was Mark Bowden (Blackhawk Down) said he interviewed a number of skinnies while writing the book. To a man they all said they wanted peace in their country, but their tribe had to be in charge. They did not believe a representative form of government would ever work...and I am certain they are correct.

pRZVbCoQ.jpeg

Another silver lining? Does anyone else remember the domestic ammunition situation before ‘we’ started shipping all of our loaded ammo to the ME?

Reactions: NoDopes
    3 tours, 1 doing DA for almost every night for 8 months. I left without as much as a scratch to only find out years later that I did in fact break my jaw while over there when ejected from a vehicle and sent skidding across the road on the side of my helmet, into a ditch, where I promptly got up, started firing and then passed out for 2-3 minutes.

A metric ton of others weren't as lucky and it saddens me to this day, especially now, that we have literally nothing, down to a molecular level, to even show for it, or their sacrifices. It's insane. And this is coming from someone who thought the way the war was being 'run' even in 07-10 was so badly mishandled, that it could only have been that bad with 100% purpose of being that bad. We're at a level of insanity I never thought could be possible; its like something out of some B movie where you just roll your eyes and give 50 reasons as to why that could never have happened. Yet, here we are.

Seeing those pictures of those fat terrorist fucks walking around inside US installations carrying weapons that were just piled up waiting for someone to walk off with, and the images of billions of dollars in equipment and vehicles just sitting there just makes it surreal. We didn't even make an attempt to destroy or burn anything. We now have an updated picture, of a modern day version of the Vietnam airlift all over the internet. 20 years, and thats how it ends.

I can accept if we had fought and lost. I can accept if we just didn't have enough, or just got beat at the end or that we fought with everything we had and it just wasn't enough. But this? I can't even fathom it, let alone the complete faggots 'in charge' who somehow think that this is acceptable on any level and are 'surprised' by this. They're either totally retarded, or so full of shit that they don't even know what the truth actually is any longer.

However, there is a silver lining in all of this. And it's something that ironically, those who are at complete fault with all of this have probably not yet realized. The irony further trickles down with this realization in that they are the exact same muppets who want to label every single one of us as 'domestic terrorists' because we simply refuse to believe their relentless bullshit. What's been proven here is simple and indisputable; they do not have the means, intelligence, fortitude nor the cohesion to defeat ANY enemy that will simply fight to outlast them.

When you apply that to the 'stance' they have been trying to push on everyone since the election on how the most plausible threat to the United States is its own 'domestic terrorists', it becomes extremely obvious, and appropriate, to now look at just how badly they were beaten, on every level, by a bunch of uneducated tribal dumb shits with an average IQ of 70 who did one thing, and one thing only - continue to fight at all costs and not stop, no matter what disadvantages they were supposed to have and how easily they were to be defeated.

There's a SF manual I still have around somewhere that I remember something very specific from - all that an insurgency has to do to win, is to simply not lose.

Let all of that sink in and apply that to the next time these fucking idiots want to lecture you about how they want you to live your life under the threat of F15s and nuclear weapons.
    Sometimes the answer is right there in front of us. The administration exited in the way they chose, to achieve the goal of what is happening, right now. They want the Taliban to take over Afghanistan. They want the Taliban to have all the goodies we left for them. The current administration wants the near and middle east to be ruled by a caliphate, united and strong. That's the truth.

Sometimes the answer is right there in front of us. The administration exited in the way they chose, to achieve the goal of what is happening, right now. They want the Taliban to take over Afghanistan. They want the Taliban to have all the goodies we left for them. The current administration wants the near and middle east to be ruled by a caliphate, united and strong. That's the truth.
    I think it's more likely that our government is just plain fucking incompetent.

CEA8D6F0-F23D-44C1-9B57-0733D205908E.png

Crazy shit.
    That was all about making the MIC and politicians rich/richer.

As far as the comparison to .mil/insurgents to US KGB:Stasi / right wing citizens
    imagine that shit show with everyone’s family’s within striking distance and all the stuff the mechanical engineers and mountain people and hillbilly’s etc would come up wit

Israel has no fear and will take care of itself. Taiwan, on the other hand, is f'd.
    Israel is tough and courageous in the face of the current regional Islamic threat. But Iran will have a nuke within three years, thanks to the dem party, and the Middle East Caliphate is now looming with this Biden disaster. Israel‘s enemies will feel the time is right to attack.

• Wow
    Reactions: NoDopes
    Israel is tough and courageous in the face of the current regional Islamic threat. But Iran will have a nuke within three years, thanks to the dem party, and the Middle East Caliphate is now looming with this Biden disaster. Israel‘s enemies will feel the time is right to attack.

Iranians are evil but not totally insane.
    My guess is when they finally come out and have their nukes, it will be mostly to deal with / threaten their Muslim rivals.
    I'm not sure if Israel will go ahead and admit they have tons of nukes at that point, but either way they will probably have some quiet talks with the Iranians and come to an understanding, that bluster all you want for your domestic folks, but if we catch a nuke being moved to something that might be a good delivery system, well there will be an unscheduled nuclear "accident" at your facility and one of "Your" nukes will happen to accidentally go off, and that will be the story we stick with....

I’d love to think our country has learned its lesson on nation building, but there’s just way to much money to be made and stolen, especially by our own political ruling class.
    A brief check of some of the main news outlets and twatter shows minimal coverage of this debacle, but it almost always includes Drumfs culpability.
    The people in charge have been lying and the media makes sure we all hear it.
    I’m not implying we should have stayed, but our eye is off the ball.
    I still have to take my fucking shoes off every time I fly, but almost none of the issues in the threat assessments I used to get have been solved.
    We never learn and it’s all just going to happen again.

AMEN BROTHER! Mac(y)(y)

Anybody speak with PAO or Dyncorp Police Advisors? How are the female ANP holding up? Still the future of policing in Afghanistan?