• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Terminal List

Another one of those series where MC is taking gunshots and continues like a terminator,

I have read the books, so would normally not bother to even watch a tv / movie adaptation. But with Jack Carr pushing it hard for months, and seemed to be actively involved with the production, I went into it with high hopes.

I have only watched the first 2 episodes so far, but pretty disappointed so far. Seems like a lot of poetic license taken with the story line, and I am finding it difficult to follow at times. I think if you havent read the books, its probably more enjoyable. I expected some fuckery with the story, but its much more than I thought would be the case.

I have read the books, so would normally not bother to even watch a tv / movie adaptation. But with Jack Carr pushing it hard for months, and seemed to be actively involved with the production, I went into it with high hopes.

I have only watched the first 2 episodes so far, but pretty disappointed so far. Seems like a lot of poetic license taken with the story line, and I am finding it difficult to follow at times. I think if you havent read the books, its probably more enjoyable. I expected some fuckery with the story, but its much more than I thought would be the case.
Keep watching. I was kind of where you were but kept going and liked it more the more I watched it.

Reactions: BufordTJustice
I started watching the 1st episode and find it's so fucking good that I haven't finished that episode yet.
It sucks man....boring as hell.
Chris Pratt would make a better stand up comic than any role with any substance.
He just ain't got it man, it's like a 12 year old schoolgirl trying to play Hulk Hogan in a documentary.
Yea....uhh....no.

I started watching the 1st episode and find it's so fucking good that I haven't finished that episode yet.
It sucks man....boring as hell.
Chris Pratt would make a better stand up comic than any role with any substance.
He just ain't got it man, it's like a 12 year old schoolgirl trying to play Hulk Hogan in a documentary.
Yea....uhh....no.
The first episode, I admit, is pretty terrible.

Reactions: theLBC
Haven't read the books. Was figuring the show would be a trainwreck but 2 episodes in its kind of slow but entertaining...not great but worth watching so far.

This series got better with each episode since they keep revealing more of the story. They first episode or two were kind of slow to me as well.

Reactions: SilentStalkr

Should be a disclaimer….loosely based on the book by Jack Carr.

Overall I was disappointed. It’s entertaining but not true to the book. 8 episodes wasn’t enough to tell the story effectively.

The fact that he took a .223 at under 50 yards, square in the shoulder and just brushed it off and kept on trucking had me face palming pretty hard. It looked in line with the bone, but he takes care of that by adding 3rd degree burns to the equation 🤷. I've never thought, I know to stop the bleed I'll add traumatic burns.
Entertainment non the less and better than most I.E. Without Remorse.

I’ve read all the books in the series and at this point they’ve kind of blurred together as the protagonist escapes one preposterous situation after another and somehow manages to heal his wounds in a beautiful remote spot while arguing with his friends about handguns, holsters, Toyota versus Land Rover, the merits of honey instead of sugar in his coffee, and who makes the best combat footwear and outdoor clothing. There’s lots of product placements.

The Amazon series is okay but I thought it was weird that the reporter is the Asian stripper from “Hustlers” , the Secretary of Defense was Tom Cruise’s wife in “The Firm” and his best buddy is Tim Riggins.

• Haha
Reactions: HaydenLane
I don't look for politics or anything like that
How can you miss it. Every Hollywood show, gay couples, black guy with white wife, and all leaders and intelligent people are black females. Literally, every show. Two mom's is very trendy too. White guys are only allowed as villains or rare worker bees.

$700/week

Maker of your ride/year .

up front payment inform of check via courier service
Total scam

Reactions: Thorny
Jack Carr didn't get much screen time. The wrap around sunglass guy in the 3rd episode that ends up not making it after a minor collision.

Should be a disclaimer….loosely based on the book by Jack Carr.

Overall I was disappointed. It’s entertaining but not true to the book. 8 episodes wasn’t enough to tell the story effectively.
Yes, developing the story on any form of filmed media seems to be a problem. I was expecting it to be about 12 episodes, but I guess dealing with the average attention deficit is too much of a challenge these days?

Just finished the first season. Can anyone explain to me how Reese entered Ben's boat completely dry and just pops out of the head to take him out 🤷 I get it Navy Seal and all, but ....😆

Reactions: earthquake
Okay, I will give it another chance.
Amazon keeps pushing it so I tried to give it another shot. Just awful.

The problem is this kind of crap is what the "current" or younger generation seems to want, so AMZ and Netflix will keep churning it out.

It was alright I suppose not great but alright.

Costa, Arcteryx, BCM, Black Hills (a lot!) among many others.

Also, we need a gif of Ben asking Reese "Can you operate?" That'll go far on the interwebs...
GifMeme20393307072022.gif

Dang. Tough crowd.

I know nothing about the book series, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the Amazon series thus far…..after somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd episode. The first episode really was tough to get through and I almost passed. The first 10 minutes were brutal.

I haven’t finished the whole thing yet.

Gonna get the audiobooks after I finish the tv series.

It was light years better than “Without Remorse”…..but that’s admittedly a pretty low bar.

Ok, just finished the 1st season. LOOSELY based on the Jack Carr novel at best. Not a bad show, atleast it wasn't some woke queer shit like most things these days.

I did find it curious how they made the sec Def look like a quasi unwilling patsy who took her own life out of remorse, that's not how it goes in the book.

Last edited:
I'm on episode 3. The scene after they leave the restaurant, with the "operator" in the Charger was badass. Pratt even did a one-handed press check.

So that's it for season one, following seasons for the other books ? Never read the books and probably won't so I really don't know where it's headed.

We're all the books around this story or did he end up on other adventures ?

So that's it for season one, following seasons for the other books ? Never read the books and probably won't so I really don't know where it's headed.

He moved to Thailand and married a lady boy

• Wow
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote

Other adventures

Reactions: XP1K
Just finished Season 1. Never read the books and thought it was a good show. My wife thinks I'm twisted though because I laughed and cheered every time he smoked someone on the list. Except the last name on list. That one I didn't like.

OK, but seriously WTF? No spoiler here, but dude wacks a bunch of private security dudes who prolly are ex-military just trying to make a living.
Those dudes are like the plumber on the death star. Just working to provide for their family.
By the end, I dgaf about dudes character.

OK, but seriously WTF? No spoiler here, but dude wacks a bunch of private security dudes who prolly are ex-military just trying to make a living.
Those dudes are like the plumber on the death star. Just working to provide for their family.
By the end, I dgaf about dudes character.
no worries, mate. this is pure fiction. a mental distraction from the daily.

in the real world, most of those dudes retire with a fat pension for protecting the evil scumbags of the planet.

I’m no operator but I thought it was good and the gun handling very good.

I'm not picking on you but I disagree and that's why I thought the first person said they screwed this up. I fell asleep on the 1st episode at some point after learning that you want to tactically splash your way through water using NV and white lights while walking three abreast at times. Also, never use cover.

So speaking of bro vets, if one was on the payroll as technical consultant, give back the money on the first one. And anybody that has mentioned Mack Bolan is old, like me, lmao.

Wtf is a resco! I’m a poor!

I only know because of this thread - that has been dormant too long).

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_in_FL
Pretty much what’s already been stated here, sans “I’m no operator but I thought it was good…”

Haven't read the books. Watched season 1 and liked it better than the other crap on TV. Pratt is a good dude. 👍🏻

I'm not picking on you but I disagree and that's why I thought the first person said they screwed this up. I fell asleep on the 1st episode at some point after learning that you want to tactically splash your way through water using NV and white lights while walking three abreast at times. Also, never use cover.

So speaking of bro vets, if one was on the payroll as technical consultant, give back the money on the first one. And anybody that has mentioned Mack Bolan is old, like me, lmao.
Gun handling = manipulating guns as far as what I was referring to…but I agree on some of the other stuff. I smirked when the shotgun started knocking men backwards several feet and the one shot kill with the hunting rifle with a moving car several hundred yards away 😮

Reactions: Mike_in_FL
I’ll go for it. Pratt and Keanu seem based enough that I’d like to see em do well.
Actors are unfortunately very influential, and 99% are complete airhead tard libs.

Has Alec Baldwin been charged yet? The story he went with in his interview is totally different from initial reports. At first they were saying he went into an uncontrolled raging rant about Trump and Trump supporters and just started angrily firing the pistol with no attention paid to where it was aimed..?

Reactions: SilentStalkr
They dicked up the ending. The book ending was good. The series was not so much.
It wasn’t even close. The book was all east coast mostly and he sailed from NY. It’s kinda hard (spoiler alert) to get to the west coast of Africa from Peru.

Why is it so commonplace these days to film shows so fucking dark you literally can't see what's going on on screen.

HDR. Basically they've extended the black to white spectrum on the newer more badass TV's.

It'll look like crap on an older one without it. It just can't reproduce the levels correctly since it has fewer to choose from.

On my HDR capable 4k 55" it looked just fine. Just pulled out up on my phone and yes, it's dark there.

Of course if you've never color and contrast calibrated the TV it could just be your settings. Every panel is slightly different, but shipped with the same software and default settings. A simple calibration can do wonders if your panel is slightly off.

Really good interview of Jack Carr by Mike Rowe

Hard to link directly to the episode. The way I heard it episode 261. Jack Carr is a tomahawk kind of guy.