• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s "The Truck"

Nice Rig there 1J04. My brother just bought one in red last month. We both have been driving Chev's most of our lives. ( Ok I once had a 1st gen cummins & a diesel landcruiser..... ) Anyways, he gave me a ride in it after he came home with it & I have to say it's a very very nice truck. When comparing it to my 05 Duramax, there is more room in the back seat. Everything else you all have said about it, I agree with. I was thinking of upgrading the wifes Tahoe to a newer Tahoe in the next year or so. However, me thinks she might be getting a Ford F150 instead.

Nice Rig there 1J04. My brother just bought one in red last month. We both have been driving Chev's most of our lives. ( Ok I once had a 1st gen cummins & a diesel landcruiser..... ) Anyways, he gave me a ride in it after he came home with it & I have to say it's a very very nice truck. When comparing it to my 05 Duramax, there is more room in the back seat. Everything else you all have said about it, I agree with. I was thinking of upgrading the wifes Tahoe to a newer Tahoe in the next year or so. However, me thinks she might be getting a Ford F150 instead.

Thx Swampy. The WeatherTech mats came in and are in place. The rain guards for the windows are here as well. But not installed as of yet. Seat Covers hopefully here today.
The room and comfort is all around amazing compared to the trade in. Only gripe so far would be the damn horn. :eek:. I can't get over how Priusy it is. Hell, Prius horns are probably louder. :p

Thx Swampy. The WeatherTech mats came in and are in place. The rain guards for the windows are here as well. But not installed as of yet. Seat Covers hopefully here today.
The room and comfort is all around amazing compared to the trade in. Only gripe so far would be the damn horn. :eek:. I can't get over how Priusy it is. Hell, Prius horns are probably louder. :p

There is a "low" tone horn and a "high" tone horn, maybe one is not working. Should be the same basic set up as your old truck. Last I knew there was a government spec on horn decibels, they actually are supposed to be a certain "loudness"

I don't feel like paying but if you are so inclined have at it. http://standards.sae.org/j377_200712/

but we can always upgrade.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076B2YW9...nV&pd_rd_r=PVJ215H8WPQFSGAQEQKP&pd_rd_w=3873o

Maybe a nice K5LA or two to get you adversaries attention;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNArqTW4cbc

Gonna be cheaper to just going back to rolling down the window, yell, n brandish the banana. :eek:

You need a Dixie horn and an Eat More Possum tag on the front.

Post pics once you have the seat covers and mats in. I found the mats I want for $60 less than local on Amazon. I love to shop local but dang.....

MtnCreek Jesus H Kristo. I'm thinking I'm gonna stick with the popcorn fart horn for now. If I can't have a Train Horn I'd actually like to have a siren installed. They make OUTSTANDING Coyote locator's. We've located a few dens lighting it off up the logging roads. Too much fun. :p

powdahound76 Copy that buddy. The damn things didn't come in so later this week I'd imagine. :rolleyes:

Go easy putting the rain guards in. They're delicate until they're in place.

Go easy putting the rain guards in. They're delicate until they're in place.

Copy that. These are completely different from the ones I put on the other truck. Probably gonna have to have a buddy clear out his shop so I can get outta the wet to put them in.

So,...does the magic number start with a 2?

OK Mister, here ya go. After putting fuel in her 4 times all by myself it comes out to 20.4 MPG. I'm STOKED. Now let me say this. That's after taking it up in the hills a few times and running 4WD for a fair bit. That's also pushing it a bit hard on the road a couple times as well. I'll keep track of this for a few more refills but right now I know without a doubt I can average 21 without a problem for 'most' of my driving. I'm damn good with that.

Seat Covers came in today as well. So now I gotta get the rain guards on the windows and the south of the border seat covers on and then we'll get a pic.

JMwj9Bi.jpg

OK Mister, here ya go. After putting fuel in her 4 times all by myself it comes out to 20.4 MPG. I'm STOKED. Now let me say this. That's after taking it up in the hills a few times and running 4WD for a fair bit. That's also pushing it a bit hard on the road a couple times as well. I'll keep track of this for a few more refills but right now I know without a doubt I can average 21 without a problem for 'most' of my driving. I'm damn good with that.

Seat Covers came in today as well. So now I gotta get the rain guards on the windows and the south of the border seat covers on and then we'll get a pic.

JMwj9Bi.jpg

Nice, I was expecting slightly better but that aint bad at all.

I sent you a video that put it in laymans terms.

JMwj9Bi.jpg

Most excellent!

Nice, I was expecting slightly better but that aint bad at all.

I sent you a video that put it in laymans terms.

I'm telling you my friend. I pushed this thing. Hours in 4x4, speeding up, slowing down, speeding up, the works. I just said screw it. I want an honest overall comparison in a short window of what I normally do. So I did it. But for the most part it's the easy drive for approximately 100 miles per day. That's gonna yield a fair bit over 20. It's a smooth rig. ;)

I'm telling you my friend. I pushed this thing. Hours in 4x4, speeding up, slowing down, speeding up, the works. I just said screw it. I want an honest overall comparison in a short window of what I normally do. So I did it. But for the most part it's the easy drive for approximately 100 miles per day. That's gonna yield a fair bit over 20. It's a smooth rig. ;)

I here you. I dont drive my wife's very often (Taurus SHO) but when i do the MPG drops like a rock on trip computer. MPG is 90% driver. To many variables in regular driving.

That ia why I only manually check MPG on long steady speed trips. And even then I am not looking for a certain number. I understand i would get better if I slowed down. I only check and compare to make sure it stays somewhat in the same ball park under the most controlled conditions I can get.

I here you. I dont drive my wife's very often (Taurus SHO) but when i do the MPG drops like a rock on trip computer. MPG is 90% driver. To many variables in regular driving.

That ia why I only manually check MPG on long steady speed trips. And even then I am not looking for a certain number. I understand i would get better if I slowed down. I only check and compare to make sure it stays somewhat in the same ball park under the most controlled conditions I can get.

I hear ya. I'm gonna continue collecting data and see where the number hovers. I'd bet money it's gonna show 21 in the long haul.

Okay, you've had yer messyskin covers for more than a week now.
Why haven't you installed them and posted a pic?

Okay, you've had yer messyskin covers for more than a week now.
Why haven't you installed them and posted a pic?

Full disclosure. I screwed up and didn't order the rear seat covers. What an idiot. As far as installing the front, time n weather on any given day. Gonna give it a go here in a few minutes. There is a tied down flap on the back of the front seat I gotta figure out as well. I'm on my phone right now. You wanna know slow. Ask Tucker. I'm barely ever home long enough to get crap done. Doing what I can when I can. Then I hit a snag, get pissed off, and step away. Patience is over rated. :rolleyes:

Nice truck, the newer trucks are amazing, I went from a 2000 F350 7.3 to a 2015 F350 Platinum 6.7 this year. It's a incredible difference.

Reactions: 1J04
Nice truck, the newer trucks are amazing, I went from a 2000 F350 7.3 to a 2015 F350 Platinum 6.7 this year. It's a incredible difference.

Yessir. I went from my 2006 to this and although it's a pretty basic package, I'm head over heels in love with it 'so' far. Enjoy your Big Boy Truck buddy. That's gotta be a beast.

Gimme a call and I can probably walk you through it

I may just do that Mike. @2ndamendfan is giving me some help as well. Here's the offending pos I'm about to take wire cutters to.

WTF? Can't post pics? Sez it's to big. ( Where have I heard that before. :LOL: )

Ok, so how the hell do we post pics? Anyone?

And that my friend is how you do it. Getting a new vehicle every couple of years is probably nice but costs a shit ton of money and you are not really gaining much personally. My belief is that you go at least 10 years newer. To get the most bang for your buck.

Reactions: missed
And that my friend is how you do it. Getting a new vehicle every couple of years is probably nice but costs a shit ton of money and you are not really gaining much personally. My belief is that you go at least 10 years newer. To get the most bang for your buck.

We are moving to the 10 year plan, 5 year financing, I get a new one, wife gets one, should only have one payment and run about 10 years. I ran the 00 longer as I hated the 6.4, then wanted a few years on the 6.7.

Six days. Six days and not a single new post on this thread.
I know the OP has been on line (I stalk him) yet he hasn't posted.

Has it been raining for six straight days? Has he been on a bender?
Prolly not working...

So I'm left with thinking he's abandoned us or he just don't wanna show that he can't figger out his messyskin seat covers.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Haha, good word is that it has been raining for days. Also the new truck smell is fading.

Prolly not working...

So I'm left with thinking he's abandoned us or he just don't wanna show that he can't figger out his messyskin seat covers.

Anyone check around back by the propane bottles at his place to see if he was "attacked?"

Prolly not working...

Has it been raining 'six days straight' he sez. lmfao Torrential fucking rain, high winds, n hail from hell. Ya, it's been a real hoot as of late. I honestly don't know the last time it didn't rain. We've been, and remain, on flood watch. Could happen any time 'again'. Yesterday was going to be another 'giver a go' day, but that didn't happen. Maybe here in a bit. @2ndamendfan has been giving me some help on this issue.

1517079739226.png

Trying to get this airbag connector apart without breaking something has been one hell of a challenge. Why would anyone put that elastic strap around that god damn thing? I'm gonna give it "ONE" more try, then cut the fucker. Seriously. My patience with it is running out as we speak. It's not coming down like cats n dogs right now so I better giver a go.

Stalker.

Your covers have elastic on them?
Mine have a 1.5" Velcro strap that runs front to back and a heavy draw string around the bottom.
I pulled the strap over and under things until I got it to the back.
I pulled everything tight twice before calling it good.

I also didn't have to worry about extra air bag connectors...

You could always put your Speedo on and then not worry about the rain...

Your covers have elastic on them?
Mine have a 1.5" Velcro strap that runs front to back and a heavy draw string around the bottom.
I pulled the strap over and under things until I got it to the back.
I pulled everything tight twice before calling it good.

I also didn't have to worry about extra air bag connectors...

You could always put your Speedo on and then not worry about the rain...

The elastic strap pictured is on the original seat cover and has an airbag connector going through the loop. Can't remove the strap without removing/disconnecting the yellow connector first. The replacement seat covers are as you described.

My "It's Pissing Me Off' projects are piling up. :mad:

How many hrs do you have invested in looking for that damn ding...ding...ding thing under the dash? Found it yet? To hell with the sob that came up with that. Btw, airbag as well as engine kill need to be disabled. You don’t want to be limited to just one ramming per outing.

Reactions: 1J04
Okie Dokie. Finally got the Driver's n Passenger front seat covers in. Atta boy. I'm starting to think they sent the wrong center console cover though. Or probably more to the point, I'm just a bit more challenged than I thought. Don't laugh. Ask Tucker. I've battled his damn spinners I'm 'trying' to make for him off and on for a very long time. But this console thing doesn't make sense and there is ZERO instructions regarding it. So that tells me two things. One, it's so simple you don't need instructions, or two, it's so FUBAR we can't even begin to tell you how. Probably #1, but I'm gonna call them anyhow. I will say I did break one of the straps for one of the seats seat cover. Gave it a tug to tighten it up and 'snap'. They obviously are not squid proof.
Now, if the backseat covers would just show up I'd be golden.........

1520184795708.png

1520184827950.png

I will say this about my Tijuana Truck enhancers, they are comfy, and I actually like'm alot. Don't mind the scary weapon in the back. It's not mine. I don't own a gun........