• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The waiting begins -- GAP "non-typical"

cactusbrew

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2004
Alaska
Talked to Ken today and placed an order for my non-typical. Now just gotta wait for it to get here!! This will be my first GAP, so to say I'm eager is an understatement.

I went with the 300 WSM in pretty much standard configuration outside of adding an M5 DBM. The rifle will be finished in OD green and I have a feeling it'll be a hell of a hunting rig.

Now I just need to decide on glass. I'm thinking S&B variable in 4x16x50.

Well, only another few thousand hours to go until barrel break-in!!

Re: The waiting begins -- GAP "non-typical"

Congrats! I'm waiting on a GAP build myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cactusbrew</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Talked to Ken today and placed an order for my non-typical. Now just gotta wait for it to get here!! This will be my first GAP, so to say I'm eager is an understatement.

I went with the 300 WSM in pretty much standard configuration outside of adding an M5 DBM. The rifle will be finished in OD green and I have a feeling it'll be a hell of a hunting rig.

Now I just need to decide on glass. I'm thinking S&B variable in 4x16x50.

Well, only another few thousand hours to go until barrel break-in!!

</div></div>

You'll be extremely happy with the S&B, I recently received a 3-12x50 PMII and it's a noticeable improvement from the NF I had. I opted for the p4 reticle vs. the p4 fine, and I would recommend this reticle for a multi purpose scope (hunting, steel, paper, etc..)

you will be very happy with the 300 WSM non typical !!

5 shots with it....
GAP_300_WSM_target.jpg

That will be one sweet rig! What all do you plan to hunt with it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you will be very happy with the 300 WSM non typical !!

5 shots with it....
GAP_300_WSM_target.jpg
</div></div>

And this right here is why I dropped tghe hammer on a gap. I want a rifle that just plain shoots. I want to know that the only variable is me and not the equipment.

What is the make and type of bullet for that group??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FPO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That will be one sweet rig! What all do you plan to hunt with it? </div></div>

I plan on making this my go to rifle, hence no expense being spared. From coyote, antelope, deer, and elk. I like to get out as much as possible with the same equipment so no matter the situation, I am well acquinted.

After break-in this winter, I plan on taking it coyote hunting to see if it can get a kill asap!....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nosler 180 Accubonds
WW brass
Fed. 210's

know 3 guys that shoot these rifles... same results !
grin.gif
</div></div>

Are you loading to book oal or did you work up load off rifling like normal?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nosler 180 Accubonds
WW brass
Fed. 210's

know 3 guys that shoot these rifles... same results !
grin.gif
</div></div>

Yupyup!

Been looking for some accubonds. Can't find anyone that has them.

Powder Valley shows them in stock:

NOS54825 NOS .308 180 GR SPT ACCUBOND (50) Yes $27.84

Powder Valley

Graf's is also showing some in stock but more expensive.