• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Walking Dead

Re: The Walking Dead

I am ready for it. Just read a nice article about it and Greg Nicotero and his FX crew are doing the zombies (he has done all of Romero's latest zombie makeup). Frank Darabont told him to take any zombie idea he has always wanted to do and not done yet and make it for this. So the zombies should be awesome and the cast has both some seasoned actors and some that sound like they are very invested in making this show awesome. I am excited to see how it goes.

I am one of the geeks who read the graphic novel's and think this is going to be a great series based on what I have seen and heard already. Looking forward to the 31st to watch the premier!

I've seen the 1st episode. I don't know how, but it is in streaming since last saturday...

it IS AWESOME!!!
wink.gif

First episode was pretty good.

Already I can tell there will be a few little dramas amongst characters as the episodes develope.

Gotta wait till 7th Nov just to watch the next one... sux

About 10 minutes in, a pretty glaring firearms technical error. Told to make sure there's a round in the chamber, safety off. Empty chamber, empty mags, press check anyway. And thumbing the slide release on the Glock like it's the safety. I also read the comics and was hoping the Mk23 would be the main guy's sidearm in the show just for continuity's sake.

Well it was entertaining I liked it when mr ed got smoked!

Good first episode. Zombies love horse guts tons of protien.

Hope it does not become repetitious...
Kill Zombies...then what?

Tank + Street Filled with Zombies = river of blood-n-guts

PS, shooting pistol inside a tank- yes your ears are going to ring!

I noticed the empty press check onthe glock too. At least the safety sound wasn't too loud like in some other movies. Otherwise the show was great. Looking forward to seeing where it goes. It was 10X better than the Crazies (watched it the night before) That movie was terrible.

it was one of the best zombie movies i have seen. Its obvious that some time was put into detail. The zombies actually look convincing this time. No running zombies also these zombies use the mob/overwhelming effect to pose a threat. a single zombie in this film is easy to take down. I do like how gunshots alarm other zombies to the area.

I have high hopes for this one.

The glock having a safety was kinda funny... I pointed that one out to the wife immediately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope it does not become repetitious...
Kill Zombies...then what? </div></div>

Your imagination is that limited? The show isn't really just about "killing zombies". It's about general humanity and survival in an unthinkable situation for the long term. Leaves pretty much an infinite amount of situations to happen, as well as some bloody good mayhem.

I just watched it, and all my friends that aren't that into guns laughed at me when I said "glocks don't have external safeties!"
Entertaining show so far.

+1 on wrecking the "Judge" that is unforgivable.

Looks okay, I 'll watch the next episode. Gallupping around w/ 4-5 shotguns around your neck should'nt be that bad.

The horse went down way too easy. A horse would bite and kick. In fact he could have ridden that horse through that small crowd pretty easy, but then he would not end up in the tank.
If the tank is full of fuel......that would be some serious fun. Once you had some room get up on the M2 and wear it out.
Com to think of it a tank or a Bradly would be a good zombie vehicle in urban environment.

Can't watch the episodes because of work. Any place to watch it on the web?

Flyingbullseye

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope it does not become repetitious...
If they keep it like the graphic novel it won't be so much a zombie killing show but rather a horrid truth of how people would act and the tough situations they would encounter. It follows the characters more than just zombies. I liked the first taste of the series and hope it keeps the same flavor.

I thought they did a pretty good job, minus the gun mistakes. I'm a collector of the comic/graphic novels and if they follow it, it should be a decent series. I'll definetly be tunning in.

Thanks 308, must have been recent they put the episode on the site. Couldn't find it a few days ago.

Flyingbullseye

Really likes it. At least they addressed the fly issue. If people are dead and lying about there will be flies.

Anyone know the name of the second episode? My DVR didnt catch it tonight for some reason and I need to find it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S2CPitts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know the name of the second episode? My DVR didnt catch it tonight for some reason and I need to find it.</div></div>

I think it was called "Guts"

Only 2 episodes in and Im already hooked. Or should I say bit...Me and my wife love zombie series.

After following the comic series, I'm already disappointed about the deviance in the story line. Lori is not a back-stabbing-cheating-sloar in the comic. She's suppose to be an example of the human condition, under the psychological pressures of leaving her husband behind, her nativity forces her in a situation where she relies on Shane for comfort and security. Feeling alone she makes a mistake. The way she is portrayed in this series already sets the tone for a much different story.

It's sad how a comic can do a better job at a story line given the limited space and the sparse use of speech bubbles, yet a TV series cannot do the same? The comic is not about the zombies, in fact when you read it it's much much deeper when the characters realize that there is something out there that is much more dangerous than the "roamers."

So far the series is on the way to s**t, another fine example of mainstream television or Hollywood taking a real awesome story line and dumbing it down for the masses.

Two episodes and I am starting to think it is begining to CTD

Circle The Drain....try one more...

I guess I set my expectations a bit lower than some. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far, of course I didn't read the comic.

kalen0475, I think you may still see the original story line in the Lori character, they've led the audience to believe what you have said but when viewed a second time I found it to be set up so there is more drama when the deputy and her eventually hook back up and we see it was circumstance that drove her there, not a backstabbin whore. TV is no doubt going to twist for maximum drama so anything is possible I guess.

So far so good! Only two episodes so far and I'm already hoping for a second season.

Its actually a pretty good show. Its a damn shame what they did to that horse. Too bad he couldnt get the Abrams running, that wouldve made a great episode.

That's easy. He does his partner who is boning his wife...then kills more zombies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">kalen0475, I think you may still see the original story line in the Lori character, they've led the audience to believe what you have said but when viewed a second time I found it to be set up so there is more drama when the deputy and her eventually hook back up and we see it was circumstance that drove her there, not a backstabbin whore. TV is no doubt going to twist for maximum drama so anything is possible I guess.</div></div>

Are you referring to the scene where she takes her necklace off so Shane could rail her without feeling no remorse? Because that was a poor attempt to foreshadow events. Because if you remember correctly in the pilot show, it shows a nervous Shane and a Rick & Lori who were having marital issues. I kind of put the two and two together and made the assumption that the affair has been going on prior to the apocalypse. The way she behaves in the woods while being drilled even furthers my assumption. It does not portray a kind and loving wife and human being that was just caught up in the moment and made a mistake.

I could be wrong and I most certainly hope I am. But the comic was just so good. I couldn't wait till the next one comes out.

But we will wait and see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kalen0475</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">kalen0475, I think you may still see the original story line in the Lori character, they've led the audience to believe what you have said but when viewed a second time I found it to be set up so there is more drama when the deputy and her eventually hook back up and we see it was circumstance that drove her there, not a backstabbin whore. TV is no doubt going to twist for maximum drama so anything is possible I guess.</div></div>

Are you referring to the scene where she takes her necklace off so Shane could rail her without feeling no remorse? Because that was a poor attempt to foreshadow events. Because if you remember correctly in the pilot show, it shows a nervous Shane and a Rick & Lori who were having marital issues. I kind of put the two and two together and made the assumption that the affair has been going on prior to the apocalypse. The way she behaves in the woods while being drilled even furthers my assumption. It does not portray a kind and loving wife and human being that was just caught up in the moment and made a mistake.

I could be wrong and I most certainly hope I am. But the comic was just so good. I couldn't wait till the next one comes out.

But we will wait and see. </div></div>

I guess some of this has been answered in the last episode where they reveal Shane told her Rick was dead.

well I watched this with the wife and I think its ok
everyone on the show has the world is a village mentality that I hate .
and the only one with a set is the racist unfortunately.