• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Walmart Ninja (perhaps a new species)

Yeticowboy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2010
Stephenville, Texas
I was in Walmart with my wife a few days ago and her and I walked through the sporting goods section. I noticed that had quite a few AR-15's for sale including a Colt 6920. They also had a crapload of Blackhawk (TACTICAL) stuff. When all of a sudden it appeared. Buck toothed, eyes really close together behind a pair of glasses with lenses so thick they might have been made for the Hubble telescope. Combat boots, camo shorts and a t shirt that had the LaRue logo on it. I soon noticed a very foul stench of BO (probably working really hard, tracking tango's through the frozen food section). Without me prompting him he starts going through every holster, shotgun stock, fore grip, light etc... lecturing anyone who would listen. My wife couldn't contain her laughter and laughed out loud right in front of him. (I love her) Kicking myself for not getting a picture of him. Not even safe from then at the grocery store anymore.

Re: The Walmart Ninja (perhaps a new species)

That wouldn't happen in California...Walmart doesn't sell guns there. That guy's cousin would be in the magazine section reading Combat Handguns and eating Cheetos.

Not Wal-mart Ninja, Wal-Merc.

Bustin' Winchester white box caps with authority.

My local walmart is starting to stock some neat rifles. They are starting to stock nice Remington 700 bdl's, Sig 556's, "tactical" Mossberg shotties, Armalite survival rifle, etc. The guy behind the counter doesn't know his ass from his ears about firearms, but he'll admit it and if someone has trouble making a decision, he'll tell them to go do some research.

I have seen the not so elusive walmart commando, and sadly I know one. I don't hang out with him, and I DAMN SURE don't shoot with him after what happened last time, but everytime he gets a new POS he thinks it's his duty to tell me how badass the walmart guy said it was, and how accurate it is, with the walmart cheapo ammo instead of some good match ammo.

Was this the guy in question?

obamavoter-271x300.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reinman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That wouldn't happen in California...Walmart doesn't sell guns there. That guy's cousin would be in the magazine section reading Combat Handguns and eating Cheetos. </div></div> They allow them to sell them bad ole gun magazines in california? Thought they would outlaw them too...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirt Road Drifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My local walmart is starting to stock some neat rifles. They are starting to stock nice Remington 700 bdl's, Sig 556's, "tactical" Mossberg shotties, Armalite survival rifle, etc. The guy behind the counter doesn't know his ass from his ears about firearms, but he'll admit it and if someone has trouble making a decision, he'll tell them to go do some research. </div></div>

Just saw the same stuff at local walmart, as well as a bunch of post pubescent pimple popping high school kids. Uuuwwwing and awwing the new "tact " gear.

I heard enough of their conversation with guy behind the counter, to decide, I should leave before I make an ass out of myself.

What's even funnier is that later on (probably over an hour later) we went back over there because there was a scope I wanted to look at for my son's pellet gun. He was still there hanging out by the shake weights waiting to share his extensive knowledge with the next person to wander into the aisle. My wife said, "there he is, abort, abort".

LMAO we have em here in KS as well.....

Yeticowboy, go eat some of that good lunch for me at Hard-Eight BBQ!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reinman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That wouldn't happen in California...Walmart doesn't sell guns there. That guy's cousin would be in the magazine section reading Combat Handguns and eating Cheetos. </div></div> They allow them to sell them bad ole gun magazines in california? Thought they would outlaw them too...</div></div>

Yea, we have them, but they are locked up in a case behind steel bars and you gotta put on shackles and handcuffs before they will let you look at them. and then you can only look with one eye at a time...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reinman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That wouldn't happen in California...Walmart doesn't sell guns there. That guy's cousin would be in the magazine section reading Combat Handguns and eating Cheetos. </div></div> They allow them to sell them bad ole gun magazines in california? Thought they would outlaw them too... </div></div>Don't laugh. They did exactly that in Canada over twenty years ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMAO we have em here in KS as well.....

Yeticowboy, go eat some of that good lunch for me at Hard-Eight BBQ!</div></div>

Yeah I work right by it. I have to smell it all the time and my wife and kid love the place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yeticowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's even funnier is that later on (probably over an hour later) we went back over there because there was a scope I wanted to look at for my son's pellet gun. He was still there hanging out by the shake weights waiting to share his extensive knowledge with the next person to wander into the aisle. My wife said, "there he is, abort, abort". </div></div>

Is this him?
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rc337vb05jU&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rc337vb05jU&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

It's funny you should mention this.

A couple of days ago I was in there picking up my deer tags, and I overheard a guy lecturing another on the ARs that Wal-Mart sold. Then he went on to how he had 12 at home that were better than these.
laugh.gif

I couldn't help but to roll my eyes and laugh with the clerk helping me with the tags. We were thinking the same thing. " Yeah right! "

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yeticowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's even funnier is that later on (probably over an hour later) we went back over there because there was a scope I wanted to look at for my son's pellet gun. He was still there hanging out by the shake weights waiting to share his extensive knowledge with the next person to wander into the aisle. My wife said, "there he is, abort, abort". </div></div>

[video:myspace]http://www.myspace.com/video/271233202/shake-weight-dvd/104388946[/video]

I see a few of those "commandos" around. I also see a lot of younger guys around that really like guns, yet know nothing about them. With the exception of what they see on TV or in a video game. I think as the "old timers" what we need to remember that so many of these kids have grown up without a dad or someone else show them anything about firearms. Sad to say we live in a different world than what I grew up in. Also, these young people are the future of America. Take time to talk to one sometime. Sometimes we have a hard time remembering we weren't born knowing everything.

You get COLTS and GUNS in WALMARTS?
Over here...we are lucky to get airguns and transformer toys...