• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Woodchuck and Firewood Hoarders Thread

Backs holding up pretty good, maybe I'm in the clear.

I'd be crippled. You must have had some accessible blow-downs to knock out that much wood in a day, and I still can't picture how you got all that done

Cut load of logs. Plus a bunch of popul from the neighbor. There was over 3 1/2 cord of that stuff.

image.jpg
Pile was a bit bigger yesterday morning

Reactions: MontanaMarine
Up helping the old folks today with trimming, mowing, spring clean up, etc... I’m having lunch on the tailgate of the old Dodge enjoying a nice spring day looking up at the surrounding trees and notice this bar chain eater. Next trip I’m taking my angle grinder and a 100 ft extension cord before I forget it’s there.

E245EFD2-E920-4DAA-859D-988C28279C1A.jpeg

When my father in law decided to build a house he also wanted a lake in his back yard. He had to log out a draw so he had the logs sawed and dried. This lumber supplied all the wood for doors, cabinets and flooring. About a year ago while looking for something in the loft of his shed I found this piece of wood. He said he remembered cutting it and just threw it up there to dry(15 years). He gave it to me, so I ask my son if he could make something out of it. I thought it turned out nice.

My father in law is 82 and when he saw this the dust in the room almost got to him.

1528329782847.png

That is awesome!

The story makes an awesome table unforgettable.

Im kicking myself for not getting some of a big oak my dad had taken down a couple years ago.
Especially a round off the stump. Almost a perfect circle and was just over 60” across. Coulda made a helluva kitchen table with that.

Reactions: Barneybdb
FIFY
Up helping the old folks today with trimming, mowing, spring clean up, etc... I’m having lunch on the tailgate of the old Dodge enjoying a nice spring day looking up at the surrounding trees and notice this bar chain eater.
And I am going to buy one of those badass battery powered angle grinders to keep in my truck for whenever I see stuff like this.
Or when someone padlocks a forest service road and i am on the other side of the gate...

Reactions: tnichols
We have 4 mature walnut trees on our property. The tree rats are always burying walnuts in the landscape mulch so I end up pulling volunteer walnut trees every spring and early summer. Spotted this one this morning while trimming. Look at the tap root on this little tree. Approximately 4 ft of root already.

55C30B92-71AA-40F0-A0F5-35B7FFD26E76.jpeg

not yet, right now i see it to my east and south east...

pile is almost gone, its clean up now, and the sun is as great as it can ever be right now, lol,

not yet, right now i see it to my east and south east...

pile is almost gone, its clean up now, and the sun is as great as it can ever be right now, lol,

Thx for the vid man. Nice fire. Poor Ozone....... :ROFLMAO:

We have 4 mature walnut trees on our property. The tree rats are always burying walnuts in the landscape mulch so I end up pulling volunteer walnut trees every spring and early summer. Spotted this one this morning while trimming. Look at the tap root on this little tree. Approximately 4 ft of root already.

View attachment 6915053

Man, I had no idea those things set a tap root that disproportionate to themselves. Good thing you snatched it early

When my father in law decided to build a house he also wanted a lake in his back yard. He had to log out a draw so he had the logs sawed and dried. This lumber supplied all the wood for doors, cabinets and flooring. About a year ago while looking for something in the loft of his shed I found this piece of wood. He said he remembered cutting it and just threw it up there to dry(15 years). He gave it to me, so I ask my son if he could make something out of it. I thought it turned out nice.

My father in law is 82 and when he saw this the dust in the room almost got to him.

View attachment 6910478

Y'all follow @woodrichpa on Instagram for some incredible live edge slabs.

HO HOO, TURNING THE GAME UP, I FUCKING LOVE THAT.

its on like donkey kong

can i make these letters smaller, i need to say something, i think im getting older, i cant push 300 anymore...

but i am going to have a cool ass wood bench press

Reactions: Barneybdb
Boys!!!
If you dont carry a tourniquet on your person when cutting, start. On your belt, in front so accessible by both hands.

Recent knowledge gained of pro cutter, small lac (about 4”, not very deep) that hit an artery. Had all safety gear on. A CAT tourniquet he could have applied himself and lived.

No shit, saw it myself, not really anything anyone can do to save you when your heart quits due to having no blood to pump.

Seen it many times. Never win that fight.

Boys!!!
If you dont carry a tourniquet on your person when cutting, start. On your belt, in front so accessible by both hands.

Recent knowledge gained of pro cutter, small lac (about 4”, not very deep) that hit an artery. Had all safety gear on. A CAT tourniquet he could have applied himself and lived.

No shit, saw it myself, not really anything anyone can do to save you when your heart quits due to having no blood to pump.

Good solid advice. I take every precaution that I can as I usually work alone in poor cell coverage. I’ll add this to my kit.

Boys!!!

That is great advice. And don't forget the safety fluid.

I know it's now a double post, but so appropriate for this thread. ;)

Boys!!!

Great advice! I usually have one in my bag, but will keep it on me moving forward

Reactions: mtrmn and 1J04