• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

These two cheaters were lucky to get out of there alive…

Yeah, that sounds like a real blast, knowing exactly where the fish are, what type and watch them go after your lure. Takes away all the guesswork and that annoying surprise you get when you got a strike.

Tournament bass fisherman continue to suck.
Well, you might throw everything you have at fish that are not interested in your bait or technique, or they are just not in the bite window. You could spend all day on fish that dgaf. Happens to most people. Tournament guys who are good know how to use it, but its another tool, it's not as effective as dynamite. It will not catch you fish, you will not win because you have it installed on your boat, nothing beats experience. The sonar is loud and pressured fish will actually turn off in a bite window when they hear it. Its no different than when flashers were invented, people called it cheating and eventually everyone got over it. I still catch fish and rarely even run a graph, a topo lake map is more important.

Reactions: hino895
Might be kinda fun to gin up some sonar decoys for the fancy side scan sonar fishermen. Put together a trophy-size fake fish of whatever is common for your local waterway, add a little buoyancy and a big weight / couple of strings to hold it a few feet / yards off the bottom. Maybe near a dam on a lake where "monster trophies" are rumored to be. Drop the fakes in a couple days before season (or contest) opens, then sit back with a couple cold ones and watch the frustrated festivities.

6vncee.jpg

Hypothetically, of course.
I thought about having a middle finger cut out of aluminum that I could hang in the water off the side of my boat.

Well, you might throw everything you have at fish that are not interested in your bait or technique, or they are just not in the bite window. You could spend all day on fish that dgaf. Happens to most people. Tournament guys who are good know how to use it, but its another tool, it's not as effective as dynamite. It will not catch you fish, you will not win because you have it installed on your boat, nothing beats experience. The sonar is loud and pressured fish will actually turn off in a bite window when they hear it. Its no different than when flashers were invented, people called it cheating and eventually everyone got over it. I still catch fish and rarely even run a graph, a topo lake map is more important.
If I got in the $100.00 Sears & Roebuck boat with the old river rat fishermen of my youth that were so good at finding fish just by instinct, experience and genetics that some were rumored to be able to smell them and used terms like "Lure presentation, bite window and technique" they'd think I had lost my mind.

Tournament bass fisherman with their graphs, sonar, maps and "lure presentation" can ESAD.

Did not read all the comments. The angle to this that I cant believe has not been exploited is Animal Cruelty. I wood guess that stuffing lead weights down a living fish’s throat would classify as Animal Cruelty and I would guess that is a Felony in that state. We’re Farmers, and all these Animal Cruelty laws aren’t a joking matter
With amt of money involved, fraud, animal cruelty, surely they will get prison time. They deserve it!!!

Did not read all the comments. The angle to this that I cant believe has not been exploited is Animal Cruelty. I wood guess that stuffing lead weights down a living fish’s throat would classify as Animal Cruelty and I would guess that is a Felony in that state. We’re Farmers, and all these Animal Cruelty laws aren’t a joking matter
With amt of money involved, fraud, animal cruelty, surely they will get prison time. They deserve it!!!
So if tournament fish are donated to the poors, wouldn't the poor people or whoever cleaned and filleted the fish for them, wouldn't they have found the weights and reported it or do the tournament assclowns get to keep their catch?

So if tournament fish are donated to the poors, wouldn't the poor people or whoever cleaned and filleted the fish for them, wouldn't they have found the weights and reported it or do the tournament assclowns get to keep their catch?

If they did that, they would not get anymore free fish.

In the ones here they have the option to keep or donate. Some of these guys don’t even eat fish. They have people that will take them for there families etc. One guy keeps just the fish that don’t make it and can’t be returned to the lake. Brings fillets in for fish fries we do once in a while at work.

One of the more popular charter fishing guys here is actually allergic to something in the fish and can’t even eat them. Of course when chartering the clients get the fish but he does fish almost everyday in preparation for clients. Never keeps a single fish. Even in the off season he just goes because he loves to fish

These guys likely just cut the weights out and pitch the fish in a ditch somewhere. All about the $$ likely

Reactions: TexPatriot
I liked the video of the weigh in when a guy off camera can be heard saying "yeah right" after the weight was displayed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: TexPatriot
agree, competitive fishing seems like the dumbest thing on the planet next to skinny jean man bun soccer players
Depends on the competitive fishing, I do a lot of offshore fishing tournaments and that certainly isn’t a walk in the park. You get 3 out of 5 days and if they all suck well guess what you’re fishing the shitty weather. Hell we fished a tournament this year and the one guy was trying to fight a several hundred pound Blue Marlin while 6ft waves were breaking over the back of the boat.

Another day I was laying on the floor on the ride back and we came off a wave with no back and dropped so fast I ended up about a foot off the floor till we hit the bottom and the boat came back up to meet me. Mother Nature is a hell of a thing, then again when the third place fish is worth $100,000 and first is over a million you tend to deal with it and hope you win.

Last edited:
Reactions: 308pirate and lash
Chip McCormick told me his father and him were in an offshore tournament when he was growing up in Corpus. He said they hadn't caught squat until the last day when his old man foul hooked a White Marlin in the tail and because of it's rarity, either won or placed high in the competition.

White Marlin are typically the big money fish in these tournaments with the exception of a few that are geared towards Blue Marlin or split the money evenly with tuna as well. Case in point the first place White Marlin in the White Marlin Open won $4.5 Million this year and the same guy won $1.1 million in the MidAtlantic last year while setting the Maryland state record with an 1135 pound Blue Marlin.

In the Mid Atlantic Friday is called moving day due the the propensity for the leaderboard to change significantly. This year the first place Blue Marlin along with the First and Third place White Marlin were all brought in shortly before the scales closed on Friday. Shit gets intense when your on the board first hoping your fish stays till the end of the week.

The dirty rats. They not only cheated, they abused the fish! Shoved giant weights down their throats. Ohio isn't catch and release for Lake Erie Walleye, but why abuse the animals? It would be like wingin a deer then holding nekkid pitchers of Hillary and Pelosi in front of em, give em a damn heart attack.

It just makes America look bad. I'll bet Xi Jinpeng is showing these clips to all 600 million screaming Chinamen and snickeling.

But wait, it gets worse. Chase, the little weaselly one is ON TAPE talking about giving a woman who is not his wife the "Ol' Walleye"

😡

Whats crazy is a rigged fishing tournament gets more coverage and sparks more outrage than a stolen presidential election.

That howling mob of fishermen were ready to go hands on with the cheaters. Meanwhile Biden sits comfortably and unopposed in the White House while threatening Americans with F-15s and nukes.
This.

We still have American citizens in jail over the fake January 6th shit. I would March shoulder to shoulder with 5,000-20,000 armed men to free them. But here we are bitching about lead in a fish. Our country is gone.

This.

We still have American citizens in jail over the fake January 6th shit. I would March shoulder to shoulder with 5,000-20,000 armed men to free them. But here we are bitching about lead in a fish. Our country is gone.

I'm not so sure.

If them two were caught cheating back in the 60's, when most men had good jobs and the system wasn't so screwed up, they might have caught a beat down, but not much more.

Now we have guys who can't find decent jobs, whose schools alienate their kids, who see corruption run rampant, and when the line is finally crossed, even for something like fish cheating, the switch was flipped. That's something we rarely, if ever see from ordinary guys.

They knew the cheaters were dirty, and every sketchy "win" they had got rubbed in all the honest guys faces. A minor powderkeg perhaps, but when it was touched off... Then look at things on a national, hell global scale. What country hasn't been feeding their subjects horse manure?

One might argue that minor kerfuffle was just a vignette of a far larger conflagration.

Reactions: Bender
Reactions: Cardboard55
Cheating cunts are everywhere. Last summer, a few of us when to a sporting clays tournament, mostly a fun shoot to raise money for FFA trap shooting at the local high schools. $250 buck 1st prize in four classes and a free BBQ lunch.

Two fuckheads from Seattle show up and are in "Novice" class shooting $15,000 plus K-80's and Gold Medal Grand shells. They are working over high schoolers and duffers shooting for fun to win a plaque and $250 bucks. Each of them broke deep into the 90's.

Every sport has cheaters and assholes. I cannot believe no one checked until that tourney.
At nationals last year, my son was squadded with 3 guys that were shooting Kreigoffs and Perazzis. They were WAY out of their depth- one actually asked if a shooting coach REALLY made that much of a difference. The boy coached him (off the line, not in the box) and his scorers- literally, like real literally, not figuratively literally- doubled over the course of the 4 rounds. He said he was going home and getting a coach. What was really interesting was that this guys shooter number was in the teens and he said they had been shooting nationals for decades (?).

Why did I relate all of this? Because the gun isn’t ALWAYS a tell, though it is usually pretty reliable. Sometimes the guy with the expensive gun is just a rich guy that likes to shoot.

On a related note, there is always one or 2 guys that show up for their first rifle match and curb stomp the ‘marksman’ division. ‘First match’ doesn’t always mean ‘new shooter.’

Not saying the 2 guys weren’t douche bags- the world really is filled with them, and competition brings them out. Did someone look up their classification with the NSCA?

Well the fish cheaters got arrested. Don't know about bail or any details, BUT this here YouTube feller hints that they were into much worse stuff.

Not a huge update, just a new item: apparently the squirrelly little guy ran and hid in the truck while his partner was getting berated for lead-stuffed fish.

Will see if they turn on each other as the tale progresses.

Not a huge update, just a new item: apparently the squirrelly little guy ran and hid in the truck while his partner was getting berated for lead-stuffed fish.

If they are lucky, they will be cell mates.

Wish I knew how to make the "WE GOT WEIGHTS IN FISH" audio clip my ringtone.

Starting @5:15

Not sure how long a ringtone can be. Might be kinda interesting in a grocery store checkout line or elevator.

I've seen people cheat at a small archery club 3D shoot for a freaking plaque. There doesn't need to be money involved, just someone that can't stand to lose no matter the prize.

“It’s not wrong to cheat, but it’s a sin to get caught” lol

He rolled the dice, won a good bit, finally the house won.

Frankly my biggest issue is the waste of natural resources for these stupid events

If I was in a trial for someone caught poaching but he just got one deer, or a couple fish, and killed them right and ate them, I’d probably nullify if they tried to put a record on him, or a large fine

Now these ass hats killing tons of fish, not to eat but for some dumb TV show only dumb people watch, fucking guilt all day long

Reactions: lash and Bender

Which one is the squirrel one, they both look meh

Reactions: lash
“It’s not wrong to cheat, but it’s a sin to get caught” lol

He rolled the dice, won a good bit, finally the house won.

Frankly my biggest issue is the waste of natural resources for these stupid events

If I was in a trial for someone caught poaching but he just got one deer, or a couple fish, and killed them right and ate them, I’d probably nullify if they tried to put a record on him, or a large fine

Now these ass hats killing tons of fish, not to eat but for some dumb TV show only dumb people watch, fucking guilt all day long
They really aren’t killing tons of fish.

A four pound fish will be kept by most fisherman for eating.

Is anyone else still fired the fuck up about this? Every time I think about it all I can come to as a conclusion is that this should have been fucking obvious in years passed and there is no excuse for these fuckwits to have been caught earlier. My "someone's colluding with someone" light keeps flickering. You don't just go stuffing 8oz sinkers into a 2.5lbs fish and not get anyone familiar with the size/weight curve in a particular species have his eyebrow go way the hell up.

Another thing that bothers the shit out of me is how any of you are so poorly taught in science that you think someone eating one of those fish would be any kind of a risk other than maybe chipping a tooth. It's solid giant lumps of water insoluble elemental lead, not a water soluble salt of polonium-210.

Is anyone else still fired the fuck up about this? Every time I think about it all I can come to as a conclusion is that this should have been fucking obvious in years passed and there is no excuse for these fuckwits to have been caught earlier. My "someone's colluding with someone" light keeps flickering. You don't just go stuffing 8oz sinkers into a 2.5lbs fish and not get anyone familiar with the size/weight curve in a particular species have his eyebrow go way the hell up.

Another thing that bothers the shit out of me is how any of you are so poorly taught in science that you think someone eating one of those fish would be any kind of a risk other than maybe chipping a tooth. It's solid giant lumps of water insoluble elemental lead, not a water soluble salt of polonium-210.

Chipping a tooth?

It’s more as a small child I was taught to not play with my food

Seems like a metal detecting wand over every fish after weigh in solves this problem…
That's pretty standard for a lot of matches, but easily defeated by using something non-metal to increase the weight. Just look at the filets these chumps used along with the lead.

It all just reminds me of the chumps who "game" stages at a match, or teams who share UKD data with their teammates. Same shit.

That's pretty standard for a lot of matches, but easily defeated by using something non-metal to increase the weight. Just look at the filets these chumps used along with the lead.

It all just reminds me of the chumps who "game" stages at a match, or teams who share UKD data with their teammates. Same shit.

Ceramic sex toys would slip past metal detectors. It would be worth it, if busted, just to hear the Tournament Director holler out, "We got Dildoes in Fish!"

That would make the evening newsreels awkward.

the reason I never got too involved in USPSA; the politics, the good ole' boy network running the matches.

Everyone knows the real reason is that you got your ass handed right back to you and your ego couldn't handle it.

I camped on and fished up and down this lake from dam to dam, including below the cabin here, since I was a kid. Some of my best memories are with buddies in a 14' aluminum flat bottom w/ a 6hp. Johnson motor float fishing with a bucket of minnows and catching the heck out of crappie and bass, dressed in jeans, white t shirts with a pack of cigarettes rolled up in the sleeve.

Now, I can be fishing a shoreline and some turds come blasting up in some $100,000 boat dressed like they're driving in NASCAR with company logos and start casting feverishly with grim expressions before throttling up and roaring off.

Thats supposed to be fun?

So this is what living a miserable life is like...........being pissed that someone is having fun differently than you.

I bet those guys are laughing their ass off at you as they blow by.

If I got in the $100.00 Sears & Roebuck boat with the old river rat fishermen of my youth that were so good at finding fish just by instinct, experience and genetics that some were rumored to be able to smell them and used terms like "Lure presentation, bite window and technique" they'd think I had lost my mind.

Tournament bass fisherman with their graphs, sonar, maps and "lure presentation" can ESAD.

LOLOLOLOL

Aw shucks.............did they use a safety pin for hook too?