• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thinking I want a Fuji camera

Fuji is soo underrated, I think only Sony offers real mirrorless competition. And yes, mirrorless is superior IMHO. More compact/lighter just as powerful. I don’t tweak pics afterwards with software, simply no need. Fuji glass is easily as good as German. Don’t let believe the hype. German glass is bad ass, but cost factor limited. Here are a few of my candid shots.
View attachment 7540717View attachment 7540718View attachment 7540719View attachment 7540720View attachment 7540721View attachment 7540722View attachment 7540723View attachment 7540724
I have a Sony NEX5 mirrorless that's years old but does well. I may upgrade to one of the current Alpha mirrorless bodies soon and I can still use my E-mount lenses and M42 adapter for my old school Pentax Super Takumar lenses. They're old-ass lenses, but they take fantastic photos.

Reactions: Bender
I have a Sony NEX5 mirrorless that's years old but does well. I may upgrade to one of the current Alpha mirrorless bodies soon and I can still use my E-mount lenses and M42 adapter for my old school Pentax Super Takumar lenses. They're old-ass lenses, but they take fantastic photos.
The new Sony stuff is top line stuff! Easily outclasses Nikon and Cannon. But they all make good stuff.

Reactions: clcustom1911
They are working on it. Expect to hear from them within next week or so.

Im definitely not going Amazon fuck Bozo.

That EX-4 is what I would do. Updated version of my EX-3. Compact, light extremely powerful and looks beautiful!

Reactions: plong

Thank you for trying to save me money and get me a camera with a more versatile lens but I have absolute target fixation and I am going to have my Corsair chase that Zero all the way in and through the deck burning up any cash I have in my pocket set aside to buy this in doing so.

What am I missing in my list of shit to get....

1. Camera
2. Adaptor ring - allows to mount lens filters
3. Protection filter - protcts lens but more importantly adds weather protection - this camera will be used in weather
4. Polarizing filter - I take lots of sun pictures
5. Battery charger - Fuji doesnt include one they expect everyone to USB
6. Spare battery
7. Leather clam shell case
8. Screen protector

if you want one get one best wishes on your new camera.

My old Olympus is dying, need to replace it.

I miss the 35mm era but cant deny the utility of digital. No more throwing away 34 pictures to get one good one in a roll of 35.

Still though....metal camera bodies leather grip areas, leather cases......a camera that looks good and works good....small enough to not be a burden.

My current camera is a 14-42....not a lot of zoom.....gets it done for most things. most of my pictures are close up but I like taking big landscapes and hoping they show the wonder of what my eye sees.

For use think dude at range that wants to take pictures to post on the Hide or Dad on vacation wanting to take pics of family or scenery they see.

Im not technical....I will probably use an auto mode most of the time.

Loving this....

but dont know if its "too limited" in what it can do........Great lens but pretty low power......has adaptor lenses but thats more shit to carry.

@Bender any thoughts?

@gr8fuldoug any sales?
The camera on the iPhone 12 Pro with the internal software is better than what you are considering.

• Angry
Reactions: Bender and aw0l
What am I missing in my list of shit to get....

1. Camera
2. Adaptor ring - allows to mount lens filters
3. Protection filter - protcts lens but more importantly adds weather protection - this camera will be used in weather
4. Polarizing filter - I take lots of sun pictures
5. Battery charger - Fuji doesnt include one they expect everyone to USB
6. Spare battery
7. Leather clam shell case
8. Screen protector
You will need filter wrenches. Also, a silicon rubber hot pad helps hold filters when trying to remove them. Unscrewing multiple filters from each other can be (and usually is) a major PITA. Consider buying step up filter rings and filters appropriate for your largest diameter lens. With step up rings, you can use a larger diameter filter on a smaller diameter lens, saving you some money.
I have mostly B&W filters, very happy with them. The others are very specialized...

The camera on the iPhone 12 Pro with the internal software is better than what you are considering.

No soul.

That Fuji could have the electronics of my kids "Cool Pix" toy in it but I've been sucked in by the machined aluminum and dials.

As we keep going the direction we are high function phones have less and less attraction for me.

You will need filter wrenches. Also, a silicon rubber hot pad helps hold filters when trying to remove them. Unscrewing multiple filters from each other can be (and usually is) a major PITA. Consider buying step up filter rings and filters appropriate for your largest diameter lens. With step up rings, you can use a larger diameter filter on a smaller diameter lens, saving you some money.
I have mostly B&W filters, very happy with them. The others are very specialized...

The main thing with the filter and this camera is it adds the final step to give it moisture protection.

I go out in the rain.

Being a fixed lens camera too I can't let anything happen to the main glass.

Taking pictures at the beach I'm usually disapointed they don't look like what I see through my polarized sunglasses....thinking when the polarized filter goes on it will seldom come off.

I would think my wife would argue that all day with you. She has taken lots of photography classes and does it for the local school events.

She has a variety of high end cameras both film and full frame Digital. Most are Nikons. Her lens collection is enviable and comparable to my optics collection.

She uses her new iPhone 12 Pro more than any...you know why? I do because I asked her why she needs all of the old stuff. She gave me an unexpected answer.

"Good photography is by its nature spontaneous. The most famous photos ever taken were spontaneous...not choreographed, set up ones. She said try being spontaneous with a SLR or DSLR around your neck. That is why I use my Phone and why I bought the newest ones."

Reactions: Asiparks
I would think my wife would argue that all day with you. She has taken lots of photography classes and does it for the local school events.

She has a variety of high end cameras both film and full frame Digital. Most are Nikons. Her lens collection is enviable and comparable to my optics collection.

She uses her new iPhone 12 Pro more than any...you know why? I do because I asked her why she needs all of the old stuff. She gave me an unexpected answer.

"Good photography is by its nature spontaneous. The most famous photos ever taken were spontaneous...not choreographed, set up ones. She said try being spontaneous with a SLR or DSLR around your neck. That is why I use my Phone and why I bought the newest ones."

I tend to keep all the cool dials on a feature called "AUTO".

This thing only has a fixed lens.

Simplicity.......It will never ring or force me to read a junk text.

When I want to zoom, like I did this Saturday when a Bald Eagle was perched on a local church, I tell one of my kids "Take a picture of that with your phone and email it to me".

The camera will hang nicely and with a small footprint from a leather strap......the kids carry themselves and the backup cell phone camera.

Reactions: Nik H
I don't know much about Cameras but i have been searching for a smart one with the best quality camera and picture clarity. I haven't ordered the new Iphone 12 yet so i don't know what the picture quality looks like.

You likely dont want to follow my lead....I like for gear that is built like a tank and will be adequately excellent under any conditions.......

You would shoot an AI if that were the case....:ROFLMAO:

I could see owning an AI but I keep getting distracted by either squirrels composed of black walnut and parkerized steel or something an American hero carried........that Prince Harry stuff just doesnt attract me so much.......looking forward to having my M40A1ISH or my new LRI build get tested against the RI AI.

I could see owning an AI but I keep getting distracted by either squirrels composed of black walnut and parkerized steel or something an American hero carried........that Prince Harry stuff just doesnt attract me so much.......looking forward to having my M40A1ISH or my new LRI build get tested against the RI AI.
I would love to take part in that test....I'll even use a 308 caliber. 10 paces and fire or something like that??

• Haha
Reactions: pmclaine
Did it arrive yet ?

How about now ?

I got the JJC lens hood/filter adaptor ring for about $12- replaces the cunningly hidden thread protector on the end of the lens, adding a threading so you can bung on a regular 49mm UV/polarizing filter. The bayonet fitting, aluminum hood adds another layer of knock protection.

Your wife is not horribly wrong... but I'd bet most of those famous photo's were spontaneously taken by fairly chunky, manually focused cameras with shutter speed dials and aperture rings.
I use my iPhone camera all the time, but it doesn't take a second longer to pull out my X100 and push the shutter release.
And if lighting conditions in that once in a lifetime moment are less than ideal, if the subject is a little further away than I'd like or moving quickly, I have way more latitude to salvage something usably decent looking in post, than with a noisy iPhone/Galaxy pixie sized sensor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender and 34SF
Yes it is....

Especially when photographing pigeons

How bout hawks....

1613648472463.png

P1010481[1].JPG

P1010483[1].JPG

P1010484[1].JPG

P1010485[1].JPG

Lets start with the bad.......

1. Didnt come with a SD card
2. Strap is too short.....shoulder the camera its under your armpit. Hang it on your neck its mid sternum. I want it to be like a rifle and rotate it to my back. New strap to be bought.
3. Leather case is nicely made but.....
A. Top cover should have a button to attach it to the bottom half case. If you rotate the top off to take pictures your left there holding the top.
4. With the adaptor ring attached and the protection/polarizing filter in place the lens cap no longer fits. The lens cap is an aluminum thing of beauty but looks like Ill never be using it......filters are disposable.

The Good

1. Its built like a brick. I could whip it at a coworkers head with confidence when it bounces to a stop it will still work.
2. Clicky buttons I clicked/turned feel really nice and tactile.

More to follow when I can power it up and set up the menus.

Hmmmmm......Made in Canada though. Who is our Hide leather crafter?

1613677235898.png

I love my IPhone. But it’s no Fuji. It’s like you saying a savage does the same thing as an AI. Which it does.
If you actually shot a rifle I would take you seriously :p

Savage does everything that AI does. It also does other things
  • Fall apart when used
  • Misfire when the "Accutrigger" has an issue
  • Run like shit in inclement weather
  • Have poor accuracy beyond a couple of hundred yards
  • Improve a lot when you take it from its box, take apart completely, and reassemble with loctite and true the action and put on a new barrel
  • Have no CS should you have an issue

Last edited:
If you actually shot a rifle I would take you seriously :p

Savage does everything that AI does. It also does other things
  • Fall apart when used
  • Misfire when the "Accutrigger" has an issue
  • Run like shit in inclement weather
  • Have poor accuracy beyond a couple of hundred yards
  • Improve a lot when you take it from its box, take apart completely, and reassemble with loctite and true the action and put on a new barrel
  • Have no CS should you have an issue
Made my points about the Fuji. Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss
I will thrive there.

Wind is my friend. I actually shoot...:cool:

You will introduce me
I’ll take you shooting. You’ll outshoot me cuz I po and only have a RPR, then you will try to chase a few sheep. Then we go eat steak at the chophouse. You never go look at any property because it’s windy as fuck and then you admit I was right the whole time and that I’m better than you in every way. Non gay hug. Then you hop back on a plane vowing to never return to Wyoming.

I’ll take you shooting. You’ll outshoot me cuz I po and only have a RPR, then you will try to chase a few sheep. Then we go eat steak at the chophouse. You never go look at any property because it’s windy as fuck and then you admit I was right the whole time and that I’m better than you in every way. Non gay hug. Then you hop back on a plane vowing to never return to Wyoming.

Bill Gates ain't going to let either of you eat any meat unless it's Man meat.

Pics with a Fuji if it happens.

Going to go order that heavy ass camera strap from @Sean the Nailer s people.

• Haha
I'm in

• Love
Benn having fun with the camera...

Cant show any of the work because it didnt come with an HDMI X Mini HDMI cable to transfer pics.......our I Pad is also too old to support the bluetooth.

Oh well new cable on order.

Liking all the on board ability to crop and work pictures. Dont thin my Olympus had those functions. The color filters are neat too. Having a black and white picture all except the color you have chosen to have captured. We have some cardinal off our back deck going to have to try to capture one with the red only filter.