• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This CAN'T be right,,,, (somewhat corrected,,,)

Sean the Nailer

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Mb.
    Gotta be a fake, right?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-offi...randparents-day

Thanks to calmer heads prevailing, this is <span style="text-decoration: underline">NOT</span> a new thing. As shown here , it was originally <span style="font-weight: bold">STARTED</span> by President Jimmy Carter. In 1978.

The appearance of the 'reaffirmation' sure is misleading though. With all due respect to Grandparents everywhere. I just don't know why it needed to be 'reaffirmed'.

Re: This CAN'T be right,,,,

Deleted post cause I don't feel I made a good choice of words, I have to grandparents left so I do like to have a day to remember them but maybe a more reasonable date. This day just doesn't seem to be.

WTF, that just does not make sense.

Just when you thought he couldn't do anything worse, he comes up with this shit.

Looks like some asshole trying to stir up trouble. Give me a break.

Obama didn't pick the day. Grandparents day is (or has been since it started in 1978) the first Sunday after Labor Day.

It just happens to fall on Sept. 11th this year.

To me Grandparents day is every day my granddaughter wants me to go horse back riding with her, or motorcycle riding.

Or going to her many Vollyball or Basketball games.

The best day for me, was the day when someone asked her about her father (whom deserted her when she was less then 2 years old) and she says she have or want a father, she has Grandpa.

She's the love of my life.

Kianna_and_Grandpa_1_.jpg

I remember it from a few years back, seems my gramps passed away a few days before grandparents day in 2006.

Gotta give the prez a pass card on this one..