• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

This has to stop...it's going to destroy the Earth.

HeavyAssault

Dog-Face One-Horse Pony-Soldier (AVN RGT)
Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2011
    Florida

We need to ban unauthorized volcanic eruptions!!! Why isn't the EPA there fining these destructive eruptions??? Say NO to eruptions!!!!

lmao.gif
    51092fdef0176cd8f45fe6bee865619a_w200.gif

Right? In seconds Pinotubu put out more sulfur dioxide than all humans in all history. And it erupted for days.

The climate weenies answer: “the earth is used to that. It’s the Extra humans we are adding that is doing the damage.”

Climate change is a cult, not a science. And it’s a dangerous doomsday cult that wants to cull the planet of all those who are not in it.

Until folks recognize that, the cult will keep working towards that end. And you are who they want to cull.

Sirhr

Right? In seconds Pinotubu put out more sulfur dioxide than all humans in all history. And it erupted for days.

The climate weenies answer: “the earth is used to that. It’s the Extra humans we are adding that is doing the damage.”

Climate change is a cult, not a science. And it’s a dangerous doomsday cult that wants to cull the planet of all those who are not in it.

Until folks recognize that, the cult will keep working towards that end. And you are who they want to cull.

Sirhr
    The absolute truth.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    Reading that article just kills all of what little confidence I had left in the intelligence of man.

"We’ve never seen anything like it," said Luis Millán, an atmospheric scientist who works at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
    When the volcano erupted, seawater came into direct contact with erupting lava and was superheated, creating "explosive steam."

Is this not the way water/heat have reacted since the beginning?

"...the water from the Jan. 15 eruption could take 5-10 years to evaporate." It IS evaporated, that's how it got there.

"The researchers also noted how the water vapor (CLOUDS?) could weaken the ozone layer that protects life on Earth from damaging radiation from the sun."

So clouds are now the enemy.

And sheeple will believe this crap.

ETA: we destroyed the ozone layer long ago with R12 refrigerant, coincidentally about the same time DuPonts R12 patent ran out. At least that's what we were told when we were forced to go to R134a.

We need to ban unauthorized volcanic eruptions!!! Why isn't the EPA there fining these destructive eruptions??? Say NO to eruptions!!!!

lmao.gif
    51092fdef0176cd8f45fe6bee865619a_w200.gif
    I hope some of it lands in Oklahoma.

Well jeez doesn't that tie a couple things together. Polar stratospheric clouds form in the stratosphere over the poles where it cold enough for them to form. The only other clouds that reach this height are cumulonimbus clouds {thunderheads} that only reach the stratosphere for a short time. According to this the water in the stratosphere damages the ozone. Coincidently weren't the holes they found in the ozone layer over the north pole?

I personally think a bunch of people that are looking to make a huge amount of money are misleading a great many people that just don't know better, and hay it sounds good.

If you are of a specific vintage you likely remember this:

You only need to watch the first minute of this to see the fear they are trying to feed into people. So many forget about this.

And just a few years later we have this:

And what does this bring us to, the single worst way to move people around....a battery. The single worst way to store energy.
    1659613141887.png

We will not get into the mining of thigs like lithium or cobalt. Lithium uses HUGE amounts of fresh water, no real shortage of that is there....lake Mead anyone....look into the real reasons the level is dropping, and it ain't climate change, lithium mines for more batteries. And Cobalt, most of that comes from Africa, and there are some labor practices there that make the Chinese look like Swiss. But hay the chinese don't mind having kids playing mule to get $3 for a days labor from a ton of ore.....do the same people that love to scream rape of the planet and drive battery cars....those are not generally one in the same are they?.....oh wait.

Ever look what happens to wind turbine blades after they "wear out".....hint they don't get recycled, landfill baby. And any guess why that steady wind over the ocean is not making more energy then england could ever use....they just bought a bunch of power from Belgium at %5000 over market....why did they need power that badly.....seems salt air is a little rough on wind turbines, who would have thunk it?

Does any of this mean the other stuff is not bad, no. But the "renewables" are not ready yet, I will not go into the bird fryer outside of vegas that cost MILLIONS and is now shut down.....thing was to power all of vegas, ahh nope....don't look over there.

Keep working to different "fuels" to move our stuff around and make electrical pixies, but till you get something that really works don't give up what we already have. Texas learned that lesson the hard way....coal always works....who knew that natural gas can freeze solid?

IMHO hydrogen is where the focus should be......there are issues there as well sure, but it is clean, everywhere, and would work right now.....but are they....nope all eggs in the battery basket. It did not work 100 years ago for the very same reasons it will not work today.

We really do turn a blind eye to a lot of the damage we do. Often times we don't understand the problem, or think the solution is more complex than it is. Its funny to listen to leftists, oh no damns bad, damns ruin the environment. Well except when beavers build them. Then they improve the environment.

I have been telling people here this for a while. Beavers remediate desert. They back up water ways, spread wet lands that support trees that help land hold and infiltrate more water. Damns built by humans, do the same thing. Only we use our damns to control flooding and supply irrigation water, further spreading what we can green with that water. Green and wet areas help draw in and produce rain, while hot dry parches of bare soil create updrafts that push rain away.

I personally think a bunch of people that are looking to make a huge amount of money are misleading a great many people that just don't know better, and hay it sounds good.

If you are of a specific vintage you likely remember this:

You only need to watch the first minute of this to see the fear they are trying to feed into people. So many forget about this.

And just a few years later we have this:

And what does this bring us to, the single worst way to move people around....a battery. The single worst way to store energy.
    View attachment 7926232

We will not get into the mining of thigs like lithium or cobalt. Lithium uses HUGE amounts of fresh water, no real shortage of that is there....lake Mead anyone....look into the real reasons the level is dropping, and it ain't climate change, lithium mines for more batteries. And Cobalt, most of that comes from Africa, and there are some labor practices there that make the Chinese look like Swiss. But hay the chinese don't mind having kids playing mule to get $3 for a days labor from a ton of ore.....do the same people that love to scream rape of the planet and drive battery cars....those are not generally one in the same are they?.....oh wait.

Ever look what happens to wind turbine blades after they "wear out".....hint they don't get recycled, landfill baby. And any guess why that steady wind over the ocean is not making more energy then england could ever use....they just bought a bunch of power from Belgium at %5000 over market....why did they need power that badly.....seems salt air is a little rough on wind turbines, who would have thunk it?

Does any of this mean the other stuff is not bad, no. But the "renewables" are not ready yet, I will not go into the bird fryer outside of vegas that cost MILLIONS and is now shut down.....thing was to power all of vegas, ahh nope....don't look over there.

Keep working to different "fuels" to move our stuff around and make electrical pixies, but till you get something that really works don't give up what we already have. Texas learned that lesson the hard way....coal always works....who knew that natural gas can freeze solid?

IMHO hydrogen is where the focus should be......there are issues there as well sure, but it is clean, everywhere, and would work right now.....but are they....nope all eggs in the battery basket. It did not work 100 years ago for the very same reasons it will not work today.

That graph is kind of dumb. Lithium is not an enegery source, just like batteries are not an energy source. They are for storage. They could put lead on there too, like we use in a standard lead acid battery and its combustible energy is going to be very low.

Is the one lithium mine in the U.S eating all the resiviors on the colorado river? Millions of acre feet of water going to out one mine?

Meanwhile, in other news.

I'm 'sure' these will all be used to replace the AE1 Skyraider and A-10 platforms for long-loiter CAS for SF mission. I am sure none will be used against American farmers... who dare grow crops that are not on Bill Gates' and BlackRock's personally-owned mega-farms. Or spread some kind of aerosols hither and yon...

What were we talking about when it came to tinfoil hats being the sign of sages and prophets not lunatics? Hummm... sage. I like the sound of that!

Sirhr

I'm 'sure' these will all be used to replace the AE1 Skyraider and A-10 platforms for long-loiter CAS for SF mission. I am sure none will be used against American farmers... who dare grow crops that are not on Bill Gates' and BlackRock's personally-owned mega-farms. Or spread some kind of aerosols hither and yon...

What were we talking about when it came to tinfoil hats being the sign of sages and prophets not lunatics? Hummm... sage. I like the sound of that!

Sirhr
    Air tractors are pure muscle

That graph is kind of dumb. Lithium is not an enegery source, just like batteries are not an energy source. They are for storage. They could put lead on there too, like we use in a standard lead acid battery and its combustible energy is going to be very low.

Is the one lithium mine in the U.S eating all the resiviors on the colorado river? Millions of acre feet of water going to out one mine?

In a nutshell the graph shows the energy "stored" in a specific "thing" by volume. So using the same volume for each of the "items" it is giving you the amount of energy stored.

There is another fun graph that is a little more fuzzy and generally leaves out things like wood, that shows if you put X "energy" in you will get Y energy out. Again the battery is dead last in this area as well. To charge a battery it takes more power to get to a specific charge level, and then when you drain the cell back again, just how much "energy" do you get back out.

As to the lithium mines look it up, I am not going to do research for you. Try google lithium mining fresh water. Now when you do you really need to think of the source and where the politics of that source lie. Like everything in this area there are a great many lies out there, you might need to dig a bit, and look at sources that come up in another thread here....but they are there and that is the real truth to it.

There is a HUGE effort to hide from "the people" just how dirty all this is, both in terms of pollution and the human costs on things like cobalt. The rare earth metals that are needed in all these motors are another thing they really don't want you to learn too much about.

All I am saying is just read, and read from different sources, learn as much as you can and be informed. If you think it is worth it, and you actually know about all the down sides cool I am fine, we all know the down sides of oil, it has been pounded into us for years, but the downsides to electric are being hidden, there is no free lunch, there are always down sides, read, look learn, be informed....all I am saying.

In a nutshell the graph shows the energy "stored" in a specific "thing" by volume. So using the same volume for each of the "items" it is giving you the amount of energy stored.

There is another fun graph that is a little more fuzzy and generally leaves out things like wood, that shows if you put X "energy" in you will get Y energy out. Again the battery is dead last in this area as well. To charge a battery it takes more power to get to a specific charge level, and then when you drain the cell back again, just how much "energy" do you get back out.

As to the lithium mines look it up, I am not going to do research for you. Try google lithium mining fresh water. Now when you do you really need to think of the source and where the politics of that source lie. Like everything in this area there are a great many lies out there, you might need to dig a bit, and look at sources that come up in another thread here....but they are there and that is the real truth to it.

There is a HUGE effort to hide from "the people" just how dirty all this is, both in terms of pollution and the human costs on things like cobalt. The rare earth metals that are needed in all these motors are another thing they really don't want you to learn too much about.

All I am saying is just read, and read from different sources, learn as much as you can and be informed. If you think it is worth it, and you actually know about all the down sides cool I am fine, we all know the down sides of oil, it has been pounded into us for years, but the downsides to electric are being hidden, there is no free lunch, there are always down sides, read, look learn, be informed....all I am saying.
    Yes, but it doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. Its like comparing bread to a toaster or an oven. A lithium battery doesn't have energy until it is generated and stored in it. Just like a lead acid battery. Their components chemical enegery is not why they are used. Batteries are not an energy source.

Yes, I think everyone in the world knows there is energy loss in generation and storage. There are also specific reasons batteries are used. Reading doesn't mean much if you don't understand what you are reading.

There is 1 lithium mine in the U.S in Nevada about 100 miles north west of Las vegas. You made the claim, back it up. Don't give me that do your own research bullshit. Why are all the reservoirs on the CO drainage going dry/ hitting record lows? You said you know the reason.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
    Yes, but it doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. Its like comparing bread to a toaster or an oven. A lithium battery doesn't have energy until it is generated and stored in it. Just like a lead acid battery. Their components chemical enegery is not why they are used. Batteries are not an energy source.

Yes, I think everyone in the world knows there is energy loss in generation and storage. There are also specific reasons batteries are used. Reading doesn't mean much if you don't understand what you are reading.

There is 1 lithium mine in the U.S in Nevada about 100 miles north west of Las vegas. You made the claim, back it up. Don't give me that do your own research bullshit. Why are all the reservoirs on the CO drainage going dry/ hitting record lows? You said you know the reason.

Batteries are not an energy source, true. And things like hydrogen does not grow on trees.....you have to "make" it. Even in using wood as a energy source you need to collect it and that is energy in.

I think you are looking at the finished cake and not looking at how and what it took to get that on your plate.

Believe what you wish, you will not change my mind and I will not change yours.

If I supplied sources you would discount them as right wing waco stuff so I am not going to bother.

This is tangental to the article but why is always olympic size swimming pools?
    An acre-foot of water I can visualize, but what the fuck does an OSSP look like.
    Fuckin' city people.

Climate change is utter bullshit. According to NOAA and NASA and every other group of Climate cult fucktards, 97% of ALL CO2 is naturally created.......................................YES, 97%.

So these fuckwits are blaming the entire climate problem on the 3% that is man made. Of that 3%, 6/10ths of 1% of it is made in America. So their idea is that if we DESTROY America we can reduce our 1/2 of 1% by one third and that will save the planet.

Think about it. Do you think it is possible to change the direction of an aircraft carrier by squirting your garden hose at the side of it? If you do, you are both a fucking idiot and a Democrat.

Google is your friend.

Reading that article just kills all of what little confidence I had left in the intelligence of man.

"We’ve never seen anything like it," said Luis Millán, an atmospheric scientist who works at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
    When the volcano erupted, seawater came into direct contact with erupting lava and was superheated, creating "explosive steam."

Is this not the way water/heat have reacted since the beginning?

"...the water from the Jan. 15 eruption could take 5-10 years to evaporate." It IS evaporated, that's how it got there.

"The researchers also noted how the water vapor (CLOUDS?) could weaken the ozone layer that protects life on Earth from damaging radiation from the sun."

So clouds are now the enemy.

And sheeple will believe this crap.

ETA: we destroyed the ozone layer long ago with R12 refrigerant, coincidentally about the same time DuPonts R12 patent ran out. At least that's what we were told when we were forced to go to R134a.
    The uneducated and unthinking will. Steam is not something that people think about. Even though it helps make thier Starbucks espresso, since it is not known, it must be evil. Despite the fact that it help rpduce elctricity it must be banned. I am afraid sir that you are 100% correct.

Sirhr
    Well bill gates and blacrock's farms are going to be indoor industrial sized grow towers so yeah the planes are definitely for the farmers.

like "terrorists" and "communists", this is just another fearmongering tactic to get you to let them steal your money and freedoms.

Maybe the Dems can pass a bill banning volcanic eruptions? Yes, I know the volcano is not in the US, but we and we alone can save the entire planet. No doubt the Repubs would object, uncaring assholes that they are. Joe Manchin will pretend to object, but we bought his vote once, we can do it again. Our only option to save the planet may be to have our incredibly lucid President, Uncle Joe, direct the EPA to act unilaterally. Volcanic Emissions Capture Technology (VECT) has really come down in price the last few years due to billions in tax payer subsidies. For the modest price tag of $50 trillion, we can capture and redirect these earth warming volcanic emissions back to the earth. Our children and our brown and black communities cannot wait any longer for us to act.