• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This is why I would NOT buy ammo online from the auctions.

Bass pro by me got 40+ bricks of 22 in today. Walmart had 20 last week and 100rd packs of 9mm. The ammo is coming I'm steadily. Just don't pay the crazy prices.

Edit: I like this forum, and I don't want to give anyone a reason to ban me.

Last edited:
I'd like to see your source that people are "hacking" MASSIVE corporations like Cabelas and SHUTTING THEM DOWN. It's easy enough to write a program that checks the value of a line of HTML code and buys ammo when the value changes from "out of stock" to "in stock". It's something COMPLETELY different to commit a felony just to make a couple bucks on some .22 ammo. Plus, if you're even capable of shutting down a website of that magnitude by yourself, there's easier and faster ways for you to make money, like stealing credit card numbers with RFID, or making ATMs spew out money.

Give Palmetto State Armory a call. Every time they get ammo their site gets hacked by these people not just overloaded. Palmetto themselves can't even get into their own system.

A quick google search will also reveal the IT forums where they are talking about this stuff.

The current system of irrationality will soon choke on itself. Maybe just not soon enough to soothe all of our frustrations. There's a guy in California who reacted in an irrational fashion the last time this happened and bought over 1,000,000 rounds. 18 months later he was in foreclosure. Don't do the gougers a favor and buy from them. Just before the Newtown shooting I had my eye on 3 AR lowers on Gunbroker. I have followed the buyers, who rand the bids up to around $1k. These guys bought tons of them at inflated prices. They are now selling them at a loss (I can see what they paid versus the current auction price). Hang in there, don't give in and don't despair. Manufacturers continue to pump product into the pipeline. These folks will begin to panic at some point over how to dump all the ammo in order to make the next Dragon-Con.

1,000,000 rounds? If you shot 9 clips of 7 round per in a 45acp every day it would take you 43yrs to shoot that many rounds. WTF are some people thinking, they aren't

Give Palmetto State Armory a call. Every time they get ammo their site gets hacked by these people not just overloaded. Palmetto themselves can't even get into their own system.

A quick google search will also reveal the IT forums where they are talking about this stuff.
That could easily be an unintentional DDoS attack. Their server can't handle all the people trying to buy .22 ammo at once, it can't respond to all the requests fast enough, so it times out. Sounds completely reasonable, lots of forums have a thread where users can post when an in-demmand item are in stock and where. We have one. Things like this happen all the time when someone links to a website on a massive forum, and a lot of people visit it at once.

Even if we assume that they are being hacked, it would look like this to them:
.22 ammo goes in stock
they immediately get locked out of the server in an identifiable attack
a few hours later they're back online
they see that a single individual has purchased ALL of their 22 ammo

Why would they send all of their product to a single individual who attacked them?

Why does everybody feel entitled to CHEAP ammo when demand is high?

Keep enough to last you through these runs and wait them out to replenish if you want to avoid high prices. Prices cannot be controlled without rationing or shortages....which ultimately lead to secondary markets with higher prices.

The laws of economics are simply that; laws. No amount of bitching and complaining is going to change it.

This current ammo shortage trend will eventually level itself out and hopefully sooner than later. I believe several factors are influencing this ammo shortage. I believe they are...
#1. Panic buying.
#2. Government mass purchases drying up certain caliber rounds. However, I don't think .22 LR is part of the govt buys.
#3. Profit taking.
Like any high demand item, there will be those vultures who haunt the shops, buy everything and immediately flip it at a large profit. That is what has been happening in precious metals and that is what's happening now and I see it and hear it all of the time. I work in a retail store that sells ammo and most of the time, the people buying it I overhear talking about selling it to double and triple their take. When people are paying $79 and up for 555 rounds of 22 ammo, that's just insane. However, like any commodity bubble,eventually it's going to pop and correct itself when it get's overinflated by artificial manipulation. They always do.
I have been buying ammo on and off for 3 years now and I would not part with my ammo unless I am actually *using* it. I think the risks of not having it outweighs the money you could get selling it.

Want cheap ammo? Stack it deep. I have a ton of .22 ammo; I'll never run out. Next year when it's cheap again, I'll buy a couple more cases. I generally shoot CCI standard velocity because it's only marginally more expensive than the cheap stuff and it shoots good groups for me in my rifles and cycles fine in the pistols. It also is subsonic and so nice and quiet suppressed.

Just to point out, the "mass purchase by DHS" is not really anything such.

DHS consolidated the request for bid for all the component agencies. So instead of CBD having a contract, and ICE having another contract, and Secret Service having another contract, and FLETC having another, etc, etc, they actually did something smart and put out one big request for all the ammunition.

And then, some people saw the RFB and did not know how to read it. Each line item (caliber and type of ammo), has a quantity and a delivery/billing per order amount.

So they might request a bid for 100,000 rounds of ammunition in 1,000 round batches. The maximum buy is 100,000 rounds, but a component can order in 1,000 round increments.

The people who started this rumor multiplied the total quantity and the batch size, and reported that they had ORDERED 100,000,000 rounds. A) The maximum amount was actually 100,000 rounds, and B) this was NOT an order, it was a RFB, that means they may order up to 100,000 based on need. They could order NONE, or all 100,000 rounds. And no more, without renegotiating the contract.

There is logic in this thread that defies logic.

One waits until the last minute to buy a product and it's gouging. News flash, JIT (just in time) will kill you if you live your life that way. When it's all on time an cheap, your world turns just fine, but when supply is interrupted or the price goes up, blame others the liberal way.

Folks like that probably don't have food past 1-3 days, and always wait until the tank is empty before looking for a station as well, and I'd bet money, they have many many toys.
News flash, it's your fault and no one else's, if you wait until the last minute all the time, getting bit in the ass via the way to think, is your fault.
When the skys turn blue again, all the "I am going to X_______ will be forgotten and they will go back to the JIT life style,...... again.
Cardboard and sharpies anyone?

It would help to gun community if didnt support the greedy,by maybe trading amongst ourselves for example on forums like this where price gouging is discouraged. I'm an operator with a local Sheriffs Dept. and the ammo madness has affected our training,our training budget cannot handle the outrageous prices, the result is a significant reduction in range time for our team....not good