• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This is why our nation is falling apart...

Re: This is why our nation is falling apart...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NorthernTundra</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I completely understand if you live/work in winston. Further you get out of there the better it gets. </div></div>

These guys are all transplants as well... from CPR, New Jersey, and Colorado. I never had a chance.
crazy.gif
</div></div>

Go live towards Stokes Co. or south towards Denton, Davidson Co. both will satisfy your need for country. </div></div>

+1

minus davidson. Im looking at randolph.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go live towards Stokes Co. or south towards Denton, Davidson Co. both will satisfy your need for country.</div></div>

My Tennessee buddy lives in rural Statesville. I go out to his place just about every weekend to go shooting. That is working for me right now. When I decide to buy a house, I will definitely be looking elsewhere. For proximity to work, Stokes would be the front runner.

I was given the option to live with my grandparents on their beef/dairy farm when I was twelve. I didn't have to think about it for very long.

My grandfather was kicked out by his parents when he was 13( late depression era) because they couldn't afford to feed all of the kids. That should give you guys an idea of what my teen years were like.

Still can't handle country music, tho.

Randolph is cool, too. SW Randolph and Davidson are virtually the same.

I Grew up on a Dairy Farm My parents still run it I thought the Paul Harvey add was good I am disapointed it was from Dodge might as well have been from the White House as Dodge and the UAW are basicaly the same. Also not noted is almost all Dodge trucks are made in Mexico. Paul Harvey was great to bad no one picked up wehre he left off.

Great add non the less

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Skinney - you'll have to go far and wide to find someone who dislikes Monsanto as much as me. I'm not the type to starve either so hold off on the 'I'm better than thou'. I was simply pointing out a firm fact - there is more to almost anything then just one component.

</div></div>

there is no "better than thou" in this industry... FACT is, technology changes, it advances, and with out it, I would still be who I am and DO what I do, plowing fields growing corn, putting up hay for 500hd of cattle, sure maybe without GreenStar, autotrack, or monitoring my irrigation progress with my cell phone, but don't try n downplay my words or what I do, by trying to make it sound like we wouldn't be what or who we are, because a little labrat is making it better or easier for us... the only thing they are making it easier for, is for YOU to get more food, by increasing our yield with GMO's... trust me, YOU and the world need em much more than we... like I said, I DON'T need autotrack, take away ALL the GMO's, I don't need to feed my cattle mineral that prevents horn flies from breeding, I can get by without all of that... can you? </div></div>

Geez - ok. I wasn't downplaying but fine. You're boss. Just don't fall ill. God forbid all the nerds have starved to death and you should need an antibiotic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Geez - ok. I wasn't downplaying but fine. You're boss. Just don't fall ill. God forbid all the nerds have starved to death and you should need an antibiotic.

</div></div>

LOL...now that's something I couldn't get by without.

I thought the ad was great...until the end. Something about, "for the farmer in all of us." What? I bet 95% of the people watching the ad have never done ANYTHING resembling farming or ranching.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Miles2go</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought the ad was great...until the end. Something about, "for the farmer in all of us." What? I bet 95% of the people watching the ad have never done ANYTHING resembling farming or ranching. </div></div>

So you've never done a lick of manual labor? It wasn't a commercial for the cubicle / 9-5 people. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally loved the Farmer commercial, I thought it was the bast one and the best part of the game. </div></div>

With you High Binder... that was the best commercial of the Superbowl this year.

Cheers,

Sirhr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Randolph is cool, too. SW Randolph and Davidson are virtually the same. </div></div>True.

NICE ad , enjoyed it , me I get up at 4am & do a short 12.5 hr days work .

Later Chris

So this must be the thread I been hearing about from some of the lurkers here. The OP has been on my ignore list for like a year now due to his antics in the Shout Box. The simple fact this thread was even created proves my point.

I can speak for farmers because my hometown is a dairy farm town and I used to work on the farms to make money before I could legally work. I never said farmers themselves were corny, I was referring to just the commercial. It WAS a corny commercial. I know that Super Bowl commercials are suppose to drag on out, but there really didn't need an over 2 minute long commercial to describe the benefits of being a farmer. I know from experience both the pros and cons of working on a farm. However, I only know about working on them and not living on them. I'm sure living on them and working on them are totally different things.

I started out life in a rural setting and then after I started my own family and moved out of parent's house when I was 17, I went from a rural setting to an urban setting and I can honestly say that urban lifestyle is better than rural. Now if all I knew was rural lifestyle, then I couldn't speak about urban life, and vice versa. However, since I have experience with both, I can easily make my choice. I don't get how anyone could want to live totally isolated from society. Eg. people who want to build log cabins and stay off the grid. I myself would go nuts! I am a very social person and need to be around people.

So yeah, there you have it.

I liked it! I am not a farmer. But it reminded me of my Grand Father. I still have his old John Deere, keep it in my shop so I see it every day. Reminds me where I came from.

If every American up held the values spoke of in this commercial our nation would not be in the position we are in now.