• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

thoughts

Kasey

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2003
www.accu-shot.com
Got this from a customer;
<span style="font-weight: bold">
"I just wanted to take the time to compliment you all for having the guts to openly state (on your web-site) that orders from civilian customers are of no priority. It take guts these days (especially in this economy) to offer a 10% discount to a defined customer base and spit in the face of the other customers that you charge 10% more for the same product.

Way to go! And thanks for letting me know in advance of what kind of people you all are, so I can purchase my bipod from a company that actually appreciates my patronage and doesn't disparage me for becoming a civilian.

TTFN,

XXX - (the potential customer you blew off with your discriminatory policies.)"</span>

Any thoughts, good, bad or ugly? Maybe I'm out of touch here, but we've had this policy since we started 11 years ago and if memory serves me right, he makes #3 to complain.

Re: thoughts

Its your company, do as you see fit.

I think that alot of non-military types have very thin skin and get upset when someone does not jump when they say jump.

I see this alot, and I would just keep on rolling.

I would bet you money that he wished he could of served his country, but its to late now for him.

But thats how I read it.

John

Kasey,

As a firearms dealer that works with a lot of gear and guns that are used by our soldiers, I expect to get my orders filled AFTER orders go to soldiers and the military.

I experienced an applicable situation years ago when I had a demo to do with a FN M249 SAW for a major department SWAT team. The distributor I ordered the gun from offered to drive over to KS to provide a gun for the demo since FN was extremely busy getting M249's to Afganistan and taking many, many months. This distributor went above and beyond the call by offering to do that. The distibutor was CMMG, Inc. I EXPECTED to not get my ordered filled until the military had everything they needed. I strongly believe the military's need for the item was much more important that what my need was and I should take a backseat.

My .02,
Darin Reiss
Black Hills Armory
Haysville, KS

Kasey, its your company and you can do as you please. I see no problems with offering a discount to those in the mil or LE. What bothers me more is those that feel they deserve a discount because they are mil or LE.

If there were a draft I would feel differently. But I get a little peeved at LE and Mil or any other discount I can't get. I give a senior discount in my business by the way. I spent six years in the navy. Nobody made me go. I got paid. I don't expect to have my ass kissed and I don't gratuitously kiss some kids ass because he decided to go to Afghanistan. I couldn't wait to get to Iraq. Anyway if I know a company offers a discount I don't buy unless I get that discount. I'm not paying more than anyone else. Some people are under the delusion that kids are out serving there country. Sure they're serving their country; but it's because they wanted the money, the excitement, to kick some ass, it was better than McDonalds whatever the reason, but none of them are doing it solely to serve their country. There are so many more motives. My reason at 18. I wanted to drive boats and shoot guns. I never got to drive the boat and rarely got to shoot a gun, but I got paid.

Kasey,
As said its your company to do as you see fit, but I have to agree with Big RayRay, we all make choices to be what we want to be however I dont beleive that entitles me to a discount. Ive put in many years as a reserve fire fighter that only pays me in personal gratification no discounts. Wildland fire fighting isnt exactly risk free either!
Did you have an opportunity to talk with this customer and explain your position or did they just walk out. This is an awkward siuation what are your thoughts.

Mark

He's an asshole, don't sweat it. I've never been in the military, but I am LE, and not only do I not have an issue with people giving the military priority, I expect it. Give the stuff to the guys taking the fight to the people that would gladly do us all harm given time and opportunity.

When they're squared away, I'll be patiently waiting for my order.

Rich

Your doing just fine Kasey. Don't let some twerp ruin your day! I think that a discount to the men and women that protect our country or serve as police officers should be given a discount on the gear that aids them in doing their jobs.

I wouldn't loose two seconds of sleep over that email. Plus Triad Tactical usually has your products in stock!
laugh.gif

the guy says: "...for becoming a civilian..." about himself. So he used to be mil. Now he's not getting a discount, and he's pissed. Who, exactly, is he pissed at? Mil discounts are totally normal, especially in this industry.

Sounds like he's pissed at himself.

Just my $0.02...

In a way I can see his point. I owned several suit stores (hence the name) and I was always more than willing to give a mil or leo discount. However I stopped when a young man in a wheelchair asked if he could have the discount. No he wasn't in the armed forces, he couldn't pass the physical requirements. I gave him the discount, then decided to give it to all my customers.. We all have trials, so if I could make it easier on my customers I did.

Keep up the good work. That's only three complaints out of how many customers? I'm pretty sure you're the one that's got it right. I think it's sad that he feels that way. Would he have written the same words on 9/12/01?

Just so nobody gets it twisted I have no problem with military and LE having their orders filled first. I disagree with giving discounts to some folks while others pay full price. But this is America and not for a second would I tell someone how to run their business. I ordered a gun a few year back from express police supply. The guy asked if I was military, LE, security, anything. I told him no but I wanted the discount. He said they were pretty relaxed about the policy and would take pretty much anything. This is no joke, I faxed them a paper saying I had served jury duty and five minutes later I was using my credit card to order a pistol at the discounted rate. The dude and I laughed pretty good.

Really... People are going to complain about military or LE getting a discount or first order priority? Tell them to grow up and move on. the rest of us appreciate you thinking of those who serve. Fewer do these days. No, the discounts are not expected but they are appreciated. Give discounts to whoever you feel deserve them and absolutely no one else. Personally anyone who demanded a discount from me who did not qualify for it would not receive anything at all. But that's just me. You can't make everyone happy, they have to decide to do it themselves.

Wow. From a business standpoint, I can understand why you might be concerned. Personally, whoever wrote that needs to grow a pair and a brain.

I'm a military vet, did 14 years and left to the private sector. I do not ask for nor do I expect any type of discount for being military because I'm a veteran, not active or even a reservist. Trust me, I'm just some overpaid contractor who can actually afford the shooting hobby now, and I'm not anyone special.

I ordered one of your bipods direct from your site last year and a second from Triad, both at full price because I know the product is worth it. I greatly respect the fact that you not only will advance someone with an actual NEED for your products to the head of the line, but you'll also cut them a break.

The sender of that email also needs to send his email to Leupold, Glock, Sig, Lowes, and hundreds of other companies out there that offer a military discount. When he's done with that, he can give these guys a ring:

Whambulance.jpg

It takes all kinds. My wife owns a retail store and a fella who works for the same company as I went in to buy a little something for his wife. He complained that his coworker discount wasn't enough. He knocks down about 140k/year.

More than once I've asked a customer if he is in the service, (one can usually tell) if the answer is affirmative we give him a discount. They almost always protest that they don't need it, but when pressed gracefully accept.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kujo929</div><div class="ubbcode-body">appreciate you thinking of those who serve. Fewer do these days</div></div>

Not so. The economy has seen to a surge in enlistment. So much so that the military has been able to raise it's standards for enlistment. So actually more people are trying to enlist and get that steady check.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He knocks down about 140k/year.</div></div>

So he should pay more; be punished for success

No foul there. I will go the extra yard for military or LE personnel as well as FD in the course of my business. They do more than just work,they save lives and protect freedoms. A discount is the least they deserve. Kudos for you and standing by your beliefs.

Send him a email backasking if he does this everywhere that offers a military or LE discount... What about the local Dennys or Wafflehouse that gives senior discounts?? Is he pissed becasue they get cheaper meals too??

If that's only your 3rd complaint in 11 years, you are doing great. I have worked in retail for many years and currently work on the wholesale side. I have come to the conclusion that there are individuals out there who are just looking to complain. They have a huge chip on their shoulder and are not happy unless they have something to gripe about.

If you wish to give a discount to LEO and military, then go for it. There is no amount of pay out there that will adequately compensate someone who is willing to risk their life for others! This is just a small way of thanking them. And I say this even though I am neither LEO or military.

As others have said, it's your business, run it as you see fit and if it's worked for 11 years then I'm inclined to think it's working just fine.

Charlie

Your business, your rules. I agree with them, and I've no problem with active LEO and Mil discounts; my problem arises with some <span style="text-decoration: underline">civilians</span> being more equal than others. WARNING! SELF-SERVING WHINE TO FOLLOW:

For example, <span style="font-weight: bold">Ex</span>-anything, be it LEO, Mil, Volunteer Firemen, EMS Personnel, and especially LE <span style="font-weight: bold">civilian Dispatchers </span>being eligible for all kinds of bennies and then being told I don't qualify because I'm a civilian <span style="text-decoration: underline">currently</span> employed <span style="font-style: italic">by the same agency </span>in a technical support role (Communications). Transmitter site or dispatch console drops during a thunderstorm or disaster? I'm the guy you call. Need a Command Post on scene for an armed standoff at 2am? I'm the guy that delivers it, sets it up, and stays on the scene until it's over. But when furloughs come around? Or overtime eligibility? Or per diem, clothing allowance, or training pay, I'm suddenly non-essential personnel... OK, whine over.

So many a$$holes...so few bullets!!!!

I wouldn't sweat it, Kasey.

Some people just don't get it and never will (like the idiot who sent you that "complaint" e-mail). It is your right to offer a military discount and I for one applaud you for it. I'm no longer able to take advantage of it either, but I know I always appreciated companies who offered it when I was a poor enlisted joe with little money to spare. It helped me out a couple of times over the years and I remember the companies that offered me those discounts and still give them my preference for business to this day (MANY years later). Simply put, your average basement-dwelling, Momma's boy, COD player doesn't need a discount on your products, nor will his life likely be impacted by one of your products like the lives of men and women in harm's way around the world for whom you offer a discount/preference on your products.

Frankly, if that A$$clown doesn't like the fact that you offer mil/le discounts, he's going to find a hard time doing business with many of the businesses in this industry who have generally watched out for those who are watching out for us ALL!!

I agree with Bill above - the primary issue is #1. If you've ever dealt with the general public for any length of time you realize that some people will never be happy no matter what you do. Give the guy 40% off and next day it to him and he'd still bitch about something.

Thanks for all the comments, I slept fine and am not really worried but sometimes I want to hear different perspectives and you guys provided it.

Outsy - I understand your point but by us offering it, we expect the LEO/MIL customer to initiate that conversation.

Big Ray Ray - I see your point, however my thought is that most companies offer employees a discount right? And in my simple mind, I still believe that LEO/MIL work for us civilians, and as a civilian business owner I should be able to express my/our appreciation for their service by offering a discount when the buy from us.

koodbe, point made, and in fact we have extended this discount to firefighters as well. Yes I did respond;

<span style="font-weight: bold">Hello Ben,

Thank you for your interest in our products and for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding our discount to Law Enforcement and Military personnel (active and retired and we also extend this to all public service personnel).

I’m not sure how such a discount “spits” in the face of anyone, it is simply our way of showing our appreciation for the jobs they do which is a service to all Americans.

And to be candid with you Ben, we have had this policy since we started our business 11 years ago and you are the third person to express such an opinion one was a dealer that had to wait while we satisfied a military order another was a civilian.

I apologize for the offense our policy caused you it is in no way our desire to do so.

Best Regards,

Kasey</span>

His reply was 6 paragraphs in which he suggests among other things that I must be a new employee and on the ignorant side.

suitslinger - Please understand we handle such special cases like you described on a case by case basis, what I'm talking about here is a policy. And I might add that when you are the manufacturer, discounting is a serious matter as we have dealers and never want to undercut them to make a sale.

Big Ray Ray - reading you post about buying the pistol with jury duty papers for a discount makes my point, its easy to discount at retail on a inflated price. but if the MSRP is fair then the discount means more which means to "qualify" should mean something as well.

CharlieTN - Need to clarify that is the third complaint about LEO/MIL discount!!! lol We are human and manufacture products, we are going to make mistakes, we will always strive to correct any wrongs.

GTriever - understand, I hope you enjoy the work and find it satisfying. The guys in the background oft go un-noticed...until theres a problem!

ORD - thanks, not losing any sleep just wondered if I was way off base.

BillPrudden - I see your point and appreciate your perspective. I would kindly suggest the examples you mentioned are being rewarded at a much higher standard than a mere discount on their meal.

Fuck him.

Email him back and tell him as soon as he needs equipment because he is willing to take a bullet for you, you will be happy to put him at the top of the list and give him a discount.

I appreciate your policy, even if I have to wait a little longer for stuff.

As a person with no military experience Im not sure how to take the policy. I full support anybody who serves our country, being in the armed forces, or a company providing services for the people who do serve. But i can say that i do feel a little turned off by it. It would certainly cause me to look for alternative manufacturers. When it comes down to it, people looking for the product have a need that is important to them. Be it defending themselves, providing food for their family, or using it to enjoy themselves and decrease stress in their lives. All are noble needs.

PS: I dont even know what product you sell, but I will be checking out your website next.

Just got off your website. I have no issue offering discounts to LE or military individuals. Im all for that. Im in the gray about pushing civilian orders to the back of the line. Like I said, Im in the market for bipods and tripods right now. I need to fill the freezer so my kids eat. If your product wouldnt be delivered for weeks, months, etc....I would definitely seek the product elsewhere. Know what Im saying? Civilians have importants needs too, why punish them because they didnt serve. I guess thats my point. But like others said, only you know where there bulk of your profits come from. Economics come in to play to. You have to make it profitable for your and your family as well. personally, in my profession, its first come first serve. thats the most fair. Offer the discounts, but fill orders in the order they come in.

Kasey I'm not in the military or LE but I do have one of your fantastic Atlas bipods that I got from Triad at full price and didn't have any hesitation buying it.

Can honestly say that I have never looked at a company offering discounts to any of the services as something bad. It makes great business sense to give them a discount because they also buy in volume which keeps you busy and keeps the demand high for them.
That's the reason when their listed for sale used they get bought quick.

My take on the email is that he has an issue with the military and LE in general. I'm sure he wasn't going to buy one anyways and just wanted to be an ass by pointing out how many useless people like himself your loosing to future sales.

Keep up the great work and know that I appreciate your product every time I use it !

As consumers, we all vote with our wallets. I ordered mono-pods, small parts, and bi-pods form you guys. When Kody let me know it would be a while before you got caught up, I wasn't put off, I bought a couple of Harris bipod to fill the gap.

I have been most impressed with the V8s since I recieved them. Kody is OUTSTANDING in his communication, and is a great member of your team. He and I trade a couple of emails a week.

I am not offended by your decision to take care of our warriors first.....personally I think it is the right thing to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Email him back and tell him as soon as he needs equipment because he is willing to take a bullet for you, you will be happy to put him at the top of the list and give him a discount.</div></div>

+1

The pointy end of the stick needs stuff more than the rest of humanity does, for sure, and as soon as there's more than a mouth or two to feed a lot of service members qualify for social support. I was greatly appreciative for any kindness that was shown my son, who was an E-4, and I thank the OP for making it that much easier for others to serve and to acquire things that they may need but that an inadequate TOE may not provide.

I never served in the military and have absolutely no problem with the discount. Hell, I think it should be 50% off for active guys. LE is <span style="font-style: italic">not</span> in the same league as mil however and its tiresome to see them always lumped together. Does anyone think that some 19 year old kid being shot at by 20 hadjis with AK's is the same as a cop patrolling the streets of San Ramon, California making 100K a year? I think not. I appreciate what they do but, its in no way the same job.

One thing that I haven't seen yet is that a lot of military guys have to buy their own equipment. I am a competitive shooter, but most of my gear also goes with me on deployment. Another thing is that sniper teams are one of the most overlooked and under funded groups of people you will find in the military (sans S.F. and such). I don't even know how much of my own money I've spent on my deployments, but it is way more than I have spent on hobby shooting. It's nice that some companies will help you out when uncle sam won't.
My other point is how is not getting a discount a punishment? It's not, it just isn't getting a reward.
My final point is directed at Big Ray- When I joined there wan't an economic problem and I had a well paying job as the head mechanic at an auto shop in my hometown, I took the entrance tests and scored high enough to qualify for any job in the military, this was when there were a lot of jobs that were giving +40,000 bonuses. I chose infantry which had no bonus when I joined. I took a severe pay cut, Privates in the army make around $1,500 a month not a whole lot, in fact I had to sell a lot of stuff just to make ends meet when I first joined. I did this knowing that I would be going into harms way, did I want to go to Afghanistan to "kick some ass"? NO. I WANTED TO SERVE MY COUNTRY! and most of the guys I went over with the first time felt the same way.
If this post offends anyone I don't care because if you are one of the people that gets offended this easily then you are obviously one of the people that look down on the "Kids" that volunteered to go into harms way. sure there are some that join for a paycheck, but they are small in number and usually get weeded out pretty quickly. I also have the utmost respect for all public servants, they do a tireless job and usually get no respect for it.
Anyway, Rant off.
Kasey, keep up the good work.
-Adam

My only question would be if you are filling orders for the US military or orders from any military personnel no matter where they are.

Shipping product that will be issued to those men going in harms way is a little different that giving priority and a discount to any military personnel, anywhere, for the only reason that they are "military".

I presume you are giving priority to those going to war, and I am not sure how anyone could really argue with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> LE is <span style="font-style: italic">not</span> in the same league as mil however and its tiresome to see them always lumped together. Does anyone think that some 19 year old kid being shot at by 20 hadjis with AK's is the same as a cop patrolling the streets of San Ramon, California making 100K a year? I think not. I appreciate what they do but, its in no way the same job. </div></div>

I agree LE and MIL are two very differant jobs, there is no comparison.I just want to point out that every officer who pins on a badge goes into work knowing they could be the next name on the wall and leaving their loved ones behind regardless of paygrade or location. What is consistent in LE/MIL is we are all warriors, with the mission of going home to our families after shift/tour.

I appreciate any company who supports LE/MIL and although I can not speak for anyone for myself, I don't expect or demand discounts but they are very much appreciated.

Stay safe everyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ajwcotton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I also have the utmost respect for all public servants, they do a tireless job and usually get no respect for it.</div></div>

How do you describe public servant? Not politicians?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Ray Ray</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ajwcotton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I also have the utmost respect for all public servants, they do a tireless job and usually get no respect for it.</div></div>

How do you describe public servant? Not politicians? </div></div>

Dude are you trying to Troll on purpose?

Kasey,
We've been through this before, but I'll say it again. It absolutely galls me that someone would complain when your excellent products are sent priority to members of our armed forces that go in harm's way to protect the very freedom that allows that someone to buy and enjoy said products. Pretty f-ing selfish, IMO.

FWIW, <span style="font-style: italic">you're doing the right thing</span> and frankly, you'll be better off not having to do business with the (hopefully) few miserable cretins that think this way. Personally, if I have to wait an extra month, or an extra ten months, so be it. I'm reasonably certain there are more than enough customers that recognize the importance of priority for our armed forces to keep you all busy and well-stocked with beer and skittles at home. As always, well done and keep up the good work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Ray Ray</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kujo929</div><div class="ubbcode-body">appreciate you thinking of those who serve. Fewer do these days</div></div>

Not so. The economy has seen to a surge in enlistment. So much so that the military has been able to raise it's standards for enlistment. So actually more people are trying to enlist and get that steady check. </div></div>

I'm starting to think you might be a douchebag.

Your business and your rules.

I appreciate businesses that offer LE/Mil discounts. As was previously stated, many of us dump a lot of own coin into our gear. When I was active military I got issued the basics, anything more had to be purchased by me or the platoon. Now that I am in LE, I find the situation is much the same. I get issued the bare minimum. Anything else I had to purchase. My Atlas rides on my personally owned duty rifle. In fact all the sniper gear I used for work was personally bought or made.

If this one individual is upset about your policies, then he gets to vote with his wallet. I wouldn't worry about it until you have a stack of bipods and no customers to buy them. I don't think that is really going to be an issue.

in a way i agree with his message. its one thing to offer a discount to LE/Mil but its another thing to put paying customers on the back burner because they dont have a metal shield on there work shirt or serve in the military. plus alot of LE recieve a yearly allowance to spend on what ever gear they may need. the civilians (technically cops are civilians but for the sake of argument) on the other hand will be paying out of there own pocket. and if LE or MIL are paying out of there own pocket its no different then a guy working construction in the private sector having to buy his own tools and boots...but no one provides them with a civilian discount on there required tools of the trade.

so i guess keep that in mind when LE are crying poor me i have to buy my own guns and gear.. it comes with the job dude.. your paid accordingly. in addition alot of LE pay for there own stuff when they want things like fancy semi-auto rifles to play siolder with. they have to pay out of there own pocket because its not required for the job and in my opinion should not even be aloud on the job.

my opinion may not be a popular one and isnt very PC but its how i feel. just like i didnt vote for obama because i felt guilty because hes black i dont walk on eggshells to be PC about LE and Mil.

-Kenny

I am starting to see a trend here...that is, the type of person that agrees with you policy and the type that has a problem with it.

I will just leave it at that.

I feel you have chosen wisely which group to support. Thanks for all you do Kasey.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> its no different then a guy working construction in the private sector having to buy his own tools and boots...but no one provides them with a civilian discount on there required tools of the trade.

</div></div>

Go to Lowe's and get a contractor account. If you think they don't get a discount over Average Joe buying his own tools, you are full of shit.

Kasey, its all been said your policy is on point!

Some of the other comments that have been made however are a little off:
I have been Military (USMC) then LE (county police) and now back to the Military (Army) here are a few thoughts.
Discounts: they are not required but they do help out, Do i ask if someone offers a MIL/LE discount Hell yes i do.. and you know what i do when i am told NO sorry we dont. I buy it anyways, but only after i make sure I cant get it cheaper anywhere else. I am sure or would hope everyone does the same. We all want a deal!

Law Enforcement gear: NOT all LE has to buy their own gear, some are issued everything others get an alotment for the gear after they make it through training. Some department give you a clothing alowence per year and others dont give you crap. Just all depends where you work. Some departments do and some dont, but making a statement that ALL LE gets money to buy cool toys if false. Also everytime I put on that bulletproof vest, i heard the voice in my head tonight could be the night. Every Cop knows this and yet they still go to work and put themselves in harms way everyday. No one love the police until thier house is being broken into, or their car is stolen, or they need Help.. then they love the Police.

Military: not ever guy/gal in the military goes into harms way. Yes some do put themselves in the belly of the beast. But there are a shit ton more "FOBITs" and "GEARDOs" than guys kicking in doors and taking names. I have deployed twice, first time was kicking in doors and being more or less in harms way. This tour, totally FOBIT (changed rank, changed jobs) not my choice but you get the idea.
Do i think Kasey's policy is unfair to the average joe; hell no if he has an order for a unit or a guy/gal going off to war hell yes the should be moved to the top of that list; However if its some guy/gal who is military and the closest thing he has seen to a deployment is going off to Cali for a month then hell no he doesnt. But I am sure its impossible to know who is going where or if they are being truthful.
OK sorry for the rant.. ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some departments do and some dont, but making a statement that ALL LE gets money to buy cool toys if false. Also everytime I put on that bulletproof vest, i heard the voice in my head tonight could be the night. Every Cop knows this and yet they still go to work and put themselves in harms way everyday. No one love the police until thier house is being broken into, or their car is stolen, or they need Help.. then they love the Police. </div></div>

"plus a <span style="color: #CC0000">LOT</span> of LE recieve a yearly allowance to spend on what ever gear they may need"

as shown in my quote i never said ALL LE recieve the allowance.

and i couldnt dissagree more with your comment about people loving the police once there home is broken into or something like that. the only reason i would even contact the police when my home was broken into is because the guys dead and to protect myself i have to follow the rules and call out the cleanup crew. i dont respect the laws... i follow them for selfpreservation reasons. the police WILL NOT save you if theres some one in your house who wishes to do you harm. the government NEEDS us to need them... once we can take care of ourselves they are obsolete. LE are publicly appointed... we are your boss not the other way around... it seems many LEO's these days totally forgot that fact.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and if LE or MIL are paying out of there own pocket its no different then a guy working construction in the private sector having to buy his own tools and boots...but no one provides them with a civilian discount on there required tools of the trade.</div></div>

Kenny....when was the last time you called a roofer to take care of the barricaded gunman across the street?

It is a little different because SOME (not all) of the cops buying this gear are doing it so they can be better equipped to save lives. If the guy who is running his gear in a comp or at a range has a failure....well he just has a bad day. When a guy with a metal shield (or name tape) on his work shirt has a gear failure that contributes to a bad day.....well that may just be the LAST bad day he or someone else ever has.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tip2oo3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> its no different then a guy working construction in the private sector having to buy his own tools and boots...but no one provides them with a civilian discount on there required tools of the trade.

</div></div>

Go to Lowe's and get a contractor account. If you think they don't get a discount over Average Joe buying his own tools, you are full of shit. </div></div>

Anyone who ask can have a contractors account. Your grandma who only buys light bulbs once a year can have a contractors account. The account is really for accounting purposes anyway, there's no discount in price. Just a record of purchases.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and if LE or MIL are paying out of there own pocket its no different then a guy working construction in the private sector having to buy his own tools and boots...but no one provides them with a civilian discount on there required tools of the trade.</div></div>

Kenny....when was the last time you called a roofer to take care of the barricaded gunman across the street?

It is a little different because SOME (not all) of the cops buying this gear are doing it so they can be better equipped to save lives. If the guy who is running his gear in a comp or at a range has a failure....well he just has a bad day. When a guy with a metal shield (or name tape) on his work shirt has a gear failure that contributes to a bad day.....well that may just be the LAST bad day he or someone else ever has. </div></div>

yes i understand that.. i guess where i lose the sheeple on opinion is... i dont want the LE to come save me...id rather they not show up at all... in some cases they might end up doing me more harm then good. the problem is our society relies on LE to defend them...they need to defend themselves. americans are weak these days...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and if LE or MIL are paying out of there own pocket its no different then a guy working construction in the private sector having to buy his own tools and boots...but no one provides them with a civilian discount on there required tools of the trade.</div></div>

It is a little different because SOME (not all) of the cops buying this gear are doing it so they can be better equipped to save lives. If the guy who is running his gear in a comp or at a range has a failure....well he just has a bad day. When a guy with a metal shield (or name tape) on his work shirt has a gear failure that contributes to a bad day.....well that may just be the LAST bad day he or someone else ever has. </div></div>

yes i understand that.. i guess where i lose the sheeple on opinion is... i dont want the LE to come save me...id rather they not show up at all... in some cases they might end up doing me more harm then good. the problem is our society relies on LE to defend them...they need to defend themselves. americans are weak these days... </div></div>

what was this thread about again?............

Keep on rocking Kasey.