• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

thoughts

Re: thoughts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPDSNYPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm starting to think you might be a douchebag. </div></div>

Nah if I were a douche I would have called bull**** on ajwcotton's story. If he truly scored high enough to have any job he wanted like he said, he would be flying Apache helicopters or F-16's instead of grunting. Like I said before. No one has to go to war. If there was a draft I would be kissing these guys asses and doing everything in my ability to help those in the line of fire. Same goes for police. LE is a well paying hard to get job. There are way more applicants than there are recruits. I wish my job offered the benefits officers receive. My brother lives in an apartment and he has a young officer living next door rent free. I never wanted to be LE but the guys that are do it because they love it and for the steady pay. Bottom line. LE is much like the post office in many places. My father delivered mail for 35 years. He makes more money now in retirement than he did when he was carrying mail. That's a good pension plan. He also retired at 58.

Edit: I guess what my point is. Is that when folks thank LE like they're doing them some kind of big favor; they're not. They're doing a job. An adrenalin filled, exciting, powerful, first on the scene job and they love it. I like cops. When I see em at the gas station I tell them to be careful out there, but I don't drool on their boots and thank the lord they stepped up to keep the peace when no one else would.

I've read through the replies and am happy to see that the majority are in support of MIL/LE discounts. I'm not going to reply to anybody's post in particular because I don't want to contribute to what appears be a disintegrating thread.

First, I do believe that LE and MIL are equal in importance. I have spent 4 years in the USMC, 4 years as a Paramedic and am now LE. Sorry to those who think that LE shouldn't be "lumped" with MIL but be honest with yourself. MIL are deployed all around the world during conflicts. Rest assured that it's only the minority MIL population that is actually forward of the wire and in immediate danger. I'd rather be safely behind the wire in the sandbox than some beatcop in a LA, Chicago, Oakland housing project.

To recap: I'm not saying one job is more dangerous than the other. They can both be dangerous and both be extremely safe. My point is, they both have their risks/benefits, and the public is better for having them both.

I believe that MIL/LE should be moved ahead of the line over somebody that is obtaining parts to further their hobby. Enough said there.

As far as the discount: I believe that MIL and EMS should receive a higher discount than LE or FIRE because of the obvious pay differences. Sure the gear we use is for the tactical advantage over the enemy, and used to the benefit of our safety and the public's safety; but I have the means to pay more, in the interest of myself and the public. Some lance coolie, will not be able to spring for an Atlas bipod at MSRP.

BTW, I don't get an allowance for anything. When my uniform gets ripped in a fight, I buy the replacement. When my gear breaks or wears out, I buy the replacement. When I want extra mags, handcuffs etc., I buy them. When I dry clean my uniforms, I pay for it. When I practice marksmanship outside of qualifying (twice per year), I buy the ammo. When I need gun cleaning equipment, I buy it. I work for a large department where one would think that compensation would be made for these purchases. They aren't. I spend a sizable percentage of my salary on items that insure my safety and the safety of the public.

In short, when public safety can measurably benefit from a certain profession, that profession deserves to have the items of their trade first. Also, the discount is always appreciated when given.

"Dear Customers,

In these times of limited resources and urgent need it is our policy to give fulfillment priority those in the Military and Law Enforcement. This is Accu-Shots own small way of supporting those who are working diligently to keep our country safe domestically and abroad.

In further recognizing that our freedoms today were won and safeguarded by the sacrifices of men and women who are serving or have served this great country, Accu-Shot wishes to express further thanks in the form of a 10% discount.

To our civilian customers, we would like you to know that your vital patronage of our company enables us to have this policy and therefore benefits those same men and women. We are all in this together.

Thank you and God Bless America!"

Well before this turns into a pissing match and or dick measuring contest I want to thank Kasey for the support of those that go into harms way to protect the freedoms of others.

What I am kind of surprised to see is there is are a lot more people against a MIL/LE than I thought there would have been.

I will only say this, I know what I have done and where I have been, so call bullshit on whatever you want. Have fun on the internet.
I'm out
-Adam

Couple of things, first, everyone serving in military, le or fire stations willingly puts their life on the line...willingly, they are prepared to die...for you.

Second, EVERY MOS in the military is an at risk job, how many truck drivers from "Rear Gear" units are targets, a lot. Its not just the Grunts who are risking it all.

Finally, Ray, I scored a 98 percent on the Entrance exam. I chose infantry because its what I wanted to do. Infantry is the Military, that is why I enlisted. I didn't want to fly a chopper, I wanted to rope out of one and take care of business. I do not regret that decision and I dont have to justify it to anyone. What MOS did you chose?

I think the whole topic is pretty fucking sad. Spent six years in the Army, been LE for 12.

Kasey, it's your business, run it however the hell you want to. I'll tell you what, the next time someone wants to buy an Atlas but whines and cries because they don't qualify for your discount, give it to them and send me a PM. I'll cover the difference just so you don't have to listen to the bullshit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple of things, first, everyone serving in military, le or fire stations willingly puts their life on the line...willingly, they are prepared to die...for you.

Second, EVERY MOS in the military is an at risk job, how many truck drivers from "Rear Gear" units are targets, a lot. Its not just the Grunts who are risking it all.

Finally, Ray, I scored a 98 percent on the Entrance exam. I chose infantry because its what I wanted to do. Infantry is the Military, that is why I enlisted. I didn't want to fly a chopper, I wanted to rope out of one and take care of business. I do not regret that decision and I dont have to justify it to anyone. What MOS did you chose? </div></div>

When I joined the navy I got four choices. Kitchen, kitchen, kitchen, and sonar tech. I chose sonar tech of course and spent six years aboard a frigate. Maybe the navy is different but most of my buddies had similar choices. Kitchen Kitchen or radar tech and so on. For cotton to say he gave up an astronomical bonus and any job he wanted because he wanted to serve his country as infantry belittles all the other jobs in my opinion.

No it doesn't, some people are grunts, there is a great source of pride in that. I was a grunt, that's who I am. All grunts know the importance of others jobs...even if we give em some shit every now and then.

Don't assume you know someone by what they type on the intrnet

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the whole topic is pretty fucking sad. Spent six years in the Army, been LE for 12.

Kasey, it's your business, run it however the hell you want to. I'll tell you what, the next time someone wants to buy an Atlas but whines and cries because they don't qualify for your discount, give it to them and send me a PM. I'll cover the difference just so you don't have to listen to the bullshit. </div></div>

+1

I have a little story to tell.

I was in WLC(Warrior Leadership Course, formerly PLDC) many moons ago. Up until that point I had never had that much interaction with any MOS in the Army at all because my schedule had me sleeping when the entire world was working(about two years of that moonlight madness).

There at Ft. Benning. I had some of the most sharpest, professional soldiers from the 3rd Battalion of the 75th Ranger Regiment. I had some discussions with them up until that point, but one day there was a conversation I had with one of the Rangers, and I came to find out from him that he actually envied me over my job, and I envied him for his.

Call it some karma, parallel universe, or some weird freaky yin-yang shit, but I always thought the grass was greener on the other side up until that happened.

Kasey! You do a good thing. Service members don't make that much to begin with, and 10% is helping them out in a good way.

Don't let anyone put you down over that.

Boy I hope the angry patron never visits sites such as promotive or us standard issue.

He'll be plenty pissed off if he doesn't qualify for those massive (40%+) savings.

Kasey, the products you provide the shooting community are top notch. Even if you didn't have the 10% discount for mil/le, I would still purchase your products with no doubts.

Thank you for support!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ajwcotton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
....I did this knowing that I would be going into harms way, did I want to go to Afghanistan to "kick some ass"? NO. I WANTED TO SERVE MY COUNTRY! and most of the guys I went over with the first time felt the same way.
-Adam </div></div>

Absolutely agree 100%. I am currently on the end of my 9th deployment and probably my last. I don't expect to get a discount anywhere, however I do appreciate when someone thanks me for my service and shows me gratitude for some of the sacrifices I have made. Thanks Kasey.

Kasey, you're not the only company who does this, I know of several others that put military/LE orders first as well as a discount them. Doesn't bother me at all, if I wanted that priority or discount I'd have joined the military or become LE. I know another company that even includes firefighters in their discount list.

You're not going to please everybody, 3 complaints in 11 years is doing pretty darn good. It's your company, do as you please, discount to red haired, blue eyed, 6 feet tall plus people if you want... let me know if you add that category to the discount list.

Its your business, this is America, I remember when every business had a "we reserve the right to refuse" sign, and your product cannot be made fast enough to fill demand.

That said, rock on!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....discount to red haired, blue eyed, 6 feet tall plus people if you want... let me know if you add that category to the discount list.</div></div> Hmmm.... I fit that bill too.
wink.gif

I don't know if every smith's policy would be the same, but i know atleast one, who's also on this site, gives a MAJOR preference to current military and LE. Last i knew he had an 8 to 12 month lead time on a complete build, but has built a handfull of rifles for SF and such to take to Afg. You know what the lead time for those were? 3 to 4 weeks.

I don't want to mention his name or company, only because i don't want any questions that i may be trying to skirt the rules of this site but from everything i've read from others on here is how much attention to detail he pays in making rifles that are accurate, beautiful, and as reliable as any piece of gear can be. That being said, from the conversations i've had with him on the subject he spends extra time in the shop making sure these rifles are the very best. In his words, "most of my customers will be killing paper and steel that does not shoot back, these guys will rely on these rifles to kill people that will be shooting back. One of my rifles failing will not be the reason one of our brothers doesn't make it home, i won't let that happen."

Now, i'll put my .02 on the MOS debate. That smith spent 5 years as a helo mech, i spent 4 as a combat engineer, both of us USMC. A story comes to mind on this subject, the first, during the invasion of Iraq we hit a minefield, half way through the clearance and with 1st tanks and RCT 7 stacked behind our 2 amtracs in the middle of the minefield we were opened up on by 2 AA guns covering the minefield. We were trapped, and couldn't seem to get rounds to knock out the AA guns. I still get goosebumps everytime if think of what i heard next, right over our heads came the whoosh followed by the thump thump of 2 cobras putting helfire rockets right on those AA guns. Even though our squad earned 4 bronze stars and 3 navy achievement medals with combat "V"s the real heros that day were those helo pilots and crews, none of us would've lived to tell the story of that day if they hadn't saved our asses. Every MOS plays an important role in taking the fight to the enemy and keeping our boys alive.

Kasey, I definitely appreciate that you offer military discounts! Im an active duty Recon Marine, and a school trained Scout Sniper. Before my combat deployments, I spend alot of money out of pocket to get the best shit I can. While we do get some great things issued to us, the bottom line is that most of the guys in my community pay out of pocket to make us more effective in combat. Heres an example...before this last Afghan deployment, I purchased a Zeiss laser range finder, and was given a great military discount by Ceylon from this website. I purchased it as a backup laser range finder, but I carried it with me at all times because its smaller and lighter then what we get issued. It was a pretty expensive purchase, but it was definitely worth it after killing several Taliban fighters after lasing them with this range finder.

I wish I had more time to shoot competitions and everything like that, but the bottom line is I don't. Just wanted to let you know that there are those of us who rely on personally purchased gear to make us more effective in combat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rogers0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kasey, I definitely appreciate that you offer military discounts! Im an active duty Recon Marine, and a school trained Scout Sniper. Before my combat deployments, I spend alot of money out of pocket to get the best shit I can. While we do get some great things issued to us, the bottom line is that most of the guys in my community pay out of pocket to make us more effective in combat. Heres an example...before this last Afghan deployment, I purchased a Zeiss laser range finder, and was given a great military discount by Ceylon from this website. I purchased it as a backup laser range finder, but I carried it with me at all times because its smaller and lighter then what we get issued. It was a pretty expensive purchase, but it was definitely worth it after killing several Taliban fighters after lasing them with this range finder.

I wish I had more time to shoot competitions and everything like that, but the bottom line is I don't. Just wanted to let you know that there are those of us who rely on personally purchased gear to make us more effective in combat. </div></div>

what was wrong with the range finder they provided? did it fail?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tip2oo3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> its no different then a guy working construction in the private sector having to buy his own tools and boots...but no one provides them with a civilian discount on there required tools of the trade.

</div></div>

Go to Lowe's and get a contractor account. If you think they don't get a discount over Average Joe buying his own tools, you are full of shit. </div></div>

I just bought one of your V8 from Triad,I had no wait. It's your company do what you want.
I am a contractor and I do not get a discount from Lowes on tools.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wdebo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tip2oo3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> its no different then a guy working construction in the private sector having to buy his own tools and boots...but no one provides them with a civilian discount on there required tools of the trade.

</div></div>

Go to Lowe's and get a contractor account. If you think they don't get a discount over Average Joe buying his own tools, you are full of shit. </div></div>

I just bought one of your V8 from Triad,I had no wait. It's your company do what you want.
I am a contractor and I do not get a discount from Lowes on tools. </div></div>

now the question is... do you get to cut infront of everyone in line aswell?... lol

i have no clue what the OP sells on his website but perhaps even in some cases a civilian needs there stuff to work well or it might cost them there life aswell... perhaps for self defense purposes...and maybe they need it in a timely manner becuase they had a threat on there life. civilians have every right to be well armed aswell... if anything i think GOOD, HONEST civilians have the need to be better armed then there LE friends.

FWD to the last 40 seconds for the point.
http://youtu.be/n9xUCI3nJsQ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">California must really be a magical fucking place. </div></div>

actually its full of democrats that want to hand over all there freedoms to be "safe"... no place worse to be in america...

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have no clue what the OP sells on his website but perhaps even in some cases a civilian needs there stuff to work well or it might cost them there life aswell... perhaps for self defense purposes...and maybe they need it in a timely manner becuase they had a threat on there life. civilians have every right to be well armed aswell... if anything i think GOOD, HONEST civilians have the need to be better armed then there LE friends.

http://youtu.be/n9xUCI3nJsQ </div></div>

No one said anything about not getting it in a timely manner, just getting it to those who use it more first.

Kasey, stay the course with your current Mil/LEO offers. You are doing a huge service and thank you.

beyond all my bitching and moaning... it really dosent matter what i think...from a business stand point its an easy answer... if the majority of your customers are LE/MIL then you want to keep them happy. if the majority is civilian then you want to please them. it really dosent affect anyone...there are plenty of sites out there selling the things everyone needs.. the question is wether or not they come to you.

Most of you will recall LL's offer of a scope that I believe went to a LEO who had to buy his own kit.

I would make two points:
1) small co's are offering discounts because many troops/LEOs end up buying their own kit. If they couldn't afford to they'd be worse off no doubt so i have no complaints with your policy but it does help let the bean counters off quite easily - they should buy it for them and should be ashamed that specialists have to acquire and fund their own kit supply.
2) Do small co's that supply military and LEO kit get a reduced tax rate or other incentive in a similar way to the offer being debated here ? A company producing kit for military/LEO and giving a discount to those units should be compensated and encouraged financially by the State.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if anything i think GOOD, HONEST civilians have the need to be better armed then there LE friends. </div></div>

I think that's an interesting statement. Do you have any idea how low the incidence of 'true' stranger on stranger crime is? Its almost non-existent. Most of the stories you might hear in your life about people that got jacked somewhere, there's almost ALWAYS more to the story...like they wanted to buy weed/crack/whatever and thats when they mysteriously were robbed by a stranger for no reason.

Trust me. I've investigated so many BS robberies it would make your head spin. I can think of one incident among thousands of calls I've responded to where a home owner actually mixed it up with a burglar he caught breaking into his shed and that was a situation he forced, he wasn't attacked, he pushed the confrontation.

Regular people don't find themselves in situations where they have an opportunity to be victimized very often. In contrast, working in LE, I've been assaulted, and injured, at the felony level twice. That's just injuries I've received, that says nothing of the drug dealers I've taken guns off, or the foot chases that ended with bad guys in jail and guns off the street.

For the record, I'm all for armed home owners, protect yourselves and exercise your rights. If you think your risk of random stranger on stranger crime outweighs the risks LEOs face on a daily basis, you are kidding yourself. If Kasey wants to offer a discount, from his own company, because he appreciates those risks faced by LE/MIL, that's his right. While I appreciate such gestures, I'd buy his products even if he didn't offer it.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">i have no clue what the OP sells on his website</span> but perhaps even in some cases a civilian needs there stuff to work well or it might cost them there life aswell... perhaps for self defense purposes...and maybe they need it in a timely manner becuase they had a threat on there life. civilians have every right to be well armed aswell... if anything i think GOOD, HONEST civilians have the need to be better armed then there LE friends.

http://youtu.be/n9xUCI3nJsQ</div></div> If you have no idea who Kasey is and what he makes, then you have no dog in this fight. It isn't like this is the first time this has happened from a company.

GA Precision quit taking new orders (other than complete builds) for several months while undergoing the HRT production. There were plenty of other builders out there to take up the slack. Nightforce has an ever extending back order time and again, plenty of other options. If any Joe Civilian out there needs a bipod right away, there's several other sources to go to if they see fit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
First, I do believe that LE and MIL are equal in importance.</div></div>

I believe they are two totally different jobs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To recap: I'm not saying one job is more dangerous than the other. They can both be dangerous and both be extremely safe. My point is, they both have their risks/benefits, and the public is better for having them both.</div></div>

I can agree with that. However your not sacrificing anything. You compensated very well with a retirement package and good salary. No one makes you do police work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe that MIL/LE should be moved ahead of the line over somebody that is obtaining parts to further their hobby. Enough said there.</div></div>

I completely disagree and find it revolting that you as a police officer feel you are entitled to special treatment when it comes to your hobby supplies. I pay your salary and you've got a cushy job with little chance of layoff in these trying times. A job where 50 guys are waiting in line to take your place. That you think I have lesser importance as a hobby customer is a spit in my face; as an equal man in the eyes of our founders, born free and better than no man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as the discount: I believe that MIL and EMS should receive a higher discount than LE or FIRE because of the obvious pay differences.</div></div>

Why would an EMS deserve any discount and your comment on wages smack of wealth redistribution. Since when do EMS and Fire need bipods anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure the gear we use is for the tactical advantage over the enemy
This kills me, I shouldn't have to be telling you this. This is also why LE and Mil are completely different. <span style="font-weight: bold">Bro as a police officer you do not have enemies.</span> That is for a court to decide and as far as your concerned citizens are innocent until proven guilty. You do not have enemies.

Bowman said:
BTW, I don't get an allowance for anything. When my uniform gets ripped in a fight, I buy the replacement. When my gear breaks or wears out, I buy the replacement.</div></div>

Welcome to the real world. I'm a general contractor. When I have equipment break down I buy new equipment. Facts of life. Bowman what I take from your post is what I believe to be an entitlement mentality. In America every man is equal. You are not special.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Ray Ray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Bowman said:
First, I do believe that LE and MIL are equal in importance.</div></div>

I believe they are two totally different jobs

<span style="color: #FF0000">I never said that they were the same. Importance of a job and type of job are two different things. Think of a car engine and a car transmission....they are not the same but both are incredibly important and can have a big impact on how the car drives.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To recap: I'm not saying one job is more dangerous than the other. They can both be dangerous and both be extremely safe. My point is, they both have their risks/benefits, and the public is better for having them both.</div></div>

I can agree with that. However your not sacrificing anything. You compensated very well with a retirement package and good salary. No one makes you do police work.

<span style="color: #FF0000">
You are correct that nobody makes me do police work. Nobody made me join the USMC either. I have decided to make my living dealing with people that most don't want to deal with. I do sacrifice my safety, albeit willingly. I don't have an option to cower when I get a call to a man with a gun. I don't have the option not to fight a parolee who is hellbent on not going back to prison. I'm not looking for a medal here but there are many things that I sacrifice in order to be LE.

You need to understand that a sacrifice is still a sacrifice regardless of compensation or motive. Somebody may choose to join the military and go fight, but by your definition, they are not making any sacrifice because they want to go fight. Your understanding of sacrifice is juvenile at best.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe that MIL/LE should be moved ahead of the line over somebody that is obtaining parts to further their hobby. Enough said there.</div></div>

I completely disagree and find it revolting that you as a police officer feel you are entitled to special treatment when it comes to your hobby supplies. I pay your salary and you've got a cushy job with little chance of layoff in these trying times. A job where 50 guys are waiting in line to take your place. That you think I have lesser importance as a hobby customer is a spit in my face; as an equal man in the eyes of our founders, born free and better than no man.

<span style="color: #FF0000">At no time did I say that I should get special treatment when it comes to my hobby supplies. I said that when a profession makes a measurable impact on public safety, that particular profession should have their tools of their trade before all others. For example, I don't need a bipod for my job. So I should be in line behind everybody else, however, if military personnel who utilize bipods need them, then they should have first dibs.

By the way, climb down from your high horse. Your hobbies do fall behind public/national safety. You apparently are the type of sensitive guy that gets upset when somebody tells you that you can't have something first. BTW, our "Founders" put weapons in the hands of our soldiers that were going to war. Back then they didn't have selfish public stamping their feet demanding that they get weapons first. The war effort was to equip and arm those who were going to fight.

Police are in danger of being laid off if it makes you feel any better. Also, my job isn't as "cushy" as you think. I'd elaborate but it would only fall on deaf, apathetic, ignorant ears. Stop trying to play the roll of the victim because nobody is buying it. Nobody spit in your face but your own twisted, irrational perception.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as the discount: I believe that MIL and EMS should receive a higher discount than LE or FIRE because of the obvious pay differences.</div></div>

Why would an EMS deserve any discount and your comment on wages smack of wealth redistribution. Since when do EMS and Fire need bipods anyway.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Again, I'm speaking of tools of a particular trade. Items like boots, gear bags, trauma kits, etc. I'm not talking about bipods for EMS.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure the gear we use is for the tactical advantage over the enemy</div></div>

This kills me, I shouldn't have to be telling you this. This is also why LE and Mil are completely different. <span style="font-weight: bold">Bro as a police officer you do not have enemies.</span> That is for a court to decide and as far as your concerned citizens are innocent until proven guilty. You do not have enemies.

<span style="color: #FF0000">A brilliant display of ignorance.... I use the word enemy for people who will do harm against mil personnel, police or citizens. I don't need a court room to tell me that a person unloading an AK in my direction is the enemy. If it will hurt your feelings less, I will substitute "enemy" for "bad guy" in the future.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, I don't get an allowance for anything. When my uniform gets ripped in a fight, I buy the replacement. When my gear breaks or wears out, I buy the replacement.</div></div>

Welcome to the real world. I'm a general contractor. When I have equipment break down I buy new equipment. Facts of life. Bowman what I take from your post is what I believe to be an entitlement mentality. In America every man is equal. You are not special.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ray Ray, you have misinterpreted my entire post. There is an obvious communication problem. Maybe I was being unclear. I would even be happy if Home Depot made items available to contractors before anybody else....even at a cheaper price. I really don't care. You wouldn't see me jumping up and down crying that somebody spit in my face and citing the fact that all are equal in America.

You sir, have misjudged me. I don't think that I am special and I am not entitled, as you seem to perceive. I stand by what I said in my previous post. I believe that profession specific items should be sold first, to the people who use those tools to protect the safety of others. The discount is always appreciated but not expected.

Oh, and just for clarity, man may be equal, but the jobs they choose are far from.</span>

Kasey,

IMHO, you make an outstanding product that is in high demand by many facets of society. How you decide to market/sell/discount your products is up to you, and you alone.

As for 3 complaints in 11 years....into every life alittle rain must fall. But the amount of compliments in those 11 years should more than keep you dry!

I know if I had a customer that was unhappy, I wouldn't take their private communications and turn them into an internet drama-fest to generate a pity party. Particularly considering that most orders are likely web-based to begin with and the discount isn't an option even if you qualify.

Go ahead and try it my brothers. Place a web order for something and see if a Mil-discount is a selectable option. It's not. Given this fact it goes without saying that many that qualify do not actually get the discount anyway so what exactly would have been the problem in giving one to this gentleman merely as a gesture of good will?

I've ordered several atlas products and never received the discount so just give him mine and move on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Maybe I'm out of touch here, but we've had this policy since we started 11 years ago and if memory serves me right, he makes #3 to complain.
</div></div>

Your kinda soliciting comments from the choir here, but I think this sums up the situation for you pretty well in and of itself.

There will always be people who are convinced that they are the most important. Hey, we're Americans; it's what we do. If you have bit of time, think sympathetic thoughts for whatever bipod company is now stuck dealing with the asshole and move on with your life.

I dont mind seeing Military discounts, that pretty cool. Those guys dont make alot and can use the help. But extending those discounts to every type of public servant, toll boot operators, ... is another thing.

Where do you make the distinction of which type of public servant is worthy and which is not?

Then, telling a civilian customer that he is hind tit to every type of public servant I can understand to be irritating. Hind tit in terms of price point and delivery time.
I say keep the discounts to active duty military only.

I AM former military and sometimes find the discounts given to govt employee's very gratuitous.

Thanks for the input, the reason I posted this was to get some candid objective feedback on a policy of ours. As a small business owner I want to be fair to all our customers as well as potential customers when a issue comes up, I try to understand and get different perspectives, again you folks provided it.

One member EventHorizon offered a "policy statement" that in my opinion better expresses our position, EventHorizon posted;

"Dear Customers,

In these times of limited resources and urgent need it is our policy to give fulfillment priority those in the Military and Law Enforcement. This is Accu-Shots own small way of supporting those who are working diligently to keep our country safe domestically and abroad.

In further recognizing that our freedoms today were won and safeguarded by the sacrifices of men and women who are serving or have served this great country, Accu-Shot wishes to express further thanks in the form of a 10% discount.

To our civilian customers, we would like you to know that your vital patronage of our company enables us to have this policy and therefore benefits those same men and women. We are all in this together.

While this statement does not change our policy, it would express our appreciation for our civilian customers for their roll in this effort.

BattleAxe - your shared observations continue to demonstrate your lack of understanding of the given subject matter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">i have no clue what the OP sells on his website</span> but perhaps even in some cases a civilian needs there stuff to work well or it might cost them there life aswell... perhaps for self defense purposes...and maybe they need it in a timely manner becuase they had a threat on there life. civilians have every right to be well armed aswell... if anything i think GOOD, HONEST civilians have the need to be better armed then there LE friends.

http://youtu.be/n9xUCI3nJsQ</div></div> If any Joe Civilian out there needs a bipod right away, there's several other sources to go to if they see fit. </div></div>

BINGO!

and im glad im not the only one shaking his head at the mentality of alot of the poeple in here thanks Big Ray Ray for saying it better then i can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back then they didn't have selfish public stamping their feet demanding that they get weapons first. The war effort was to equip and arm those who were going to fight.</div></div>

yes and werent they all just average joes?... civilians need guns to defend this country from any threat foreign or domestic as much as any LE ever will. the second ammendment isnt so we have the right to go shoot a deer once a year...its so we have the ability to defend ourselves from our government and any evil inside our outside of this country. this government if you havent noticed makes every attempt it can to strip civilians of there guns. we need them as much as the next guy be him MIL, LE, EMS, or any other publicly funded job. some day civilians might be the ones fighting for this country... it wouldnt be the first time.

Botoom line, its Kaseys product, Kaseys call. If he wants to thanks Military for doing a tough job, I support that. If he wants to thank the dog catcher with a discount, cool.

I am not being punished by having to pay full price, I am just not being rewarded...I'm fine with that, cause I am not doing anything worth saying thanks for.

Oh, and the products are worth it, so i pay it and recommend them to others.

Thanks again Kasey for doing what you do. Keep setting policies however the hell YOU want. Who gives a shit what the whinny bastards think of it. If that is the sole reason they don't own your stuff...who cares, odds are they wouldn't anyway, just something else to bitch about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back then they didn't have selfish public stamping their feet demanding that they get weapons first. The war effort was to equip and arm those who were going to fight.</div></div>

yes and werent they all just average joes?... civilians need guns to defend this country from any threat foreign or domestic as much as any LE ever will. the second ammendment isnt so we have the right to go shoot a deer once a year...its so we have the ability to defend ourselves from our government and any evil inside our outside of this country. this government if you havent noticed makes every attempt it can to strip civilians of there guns. we need them as much as the next guy be him MIL, LE, EMS, or any other publicly funded job. some day civilians might be the ones fighting for this country... it wouldnt be the first time. </div></div>

Are you turning this in to a Second Amendment argument? Do you think that LE are going around buying up all equipment and guns leaving the poor civilian defenseless? Do you really think that you need a gun more than LE? Who do you think keeps the jails and prisons packed and overflowing with fresh bodies? How many felony arrests did you make last week? How many crimes did you prevent? How many firearms did you take from violent criminals? Can you imagine the crime rate if cops didn't arrest anybody? There are roughly 2.5 million people in jail/prison. If cops no longer put anybody there, then yes, you would definitely have a higher need for tactical items.

Don't try to paint a picture that I am anti-second amendment because you would be sorely mistaken. You are diverting from the topic at hand. When the government has turned "evil" and citizens are forced to take up arms against it, then yes, civilians will need arms as much as Mil, LE etc., and I would expect that Kasey will give "the resistance" a 10% discount. Until then, I see it perfectly fine that those who impact public safety and national security directly, receive a lowered wait time and price. I'm all for having equipment go down range before being placed in a safe or gear bag rarely to see the light of day. If a small piece of equipment can make the difference between life and death, I'm all for it being extended to the preserver of peace prior to the hobbyist.

Do you need a bipod to protect your house over a Mil or LEO that uses one in the field?.....really?

kentactic - on the issue of prioritizing LEO/MIL orders over civilians, I hope its of some comfort that we try to tell all email/phone customers about our stocking dealers as a optional source for our products to avoid the delay. We also advertise the delay on our website and most all on-line customers read them and go ahead and place the order. Some customers miss this information and when they call about their order and learn of the delay, we reference them to our dealers.

gettin in late but I'd at least send him a complimentary tampon, free of charge of course

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the input, the reason I posted this was to get some candid objective feedback on a policy of ours. As a small business owner I want to be fair to all our customers as well as potential customers when a issue comes up, I try to understand and get different perspectives, again you folks provided it.

One member EventHorizon offered a "policy statement" that in my opinion better expresses our position, EventHorizon posted;

"Dear Customers,

While this statement does not change our policy, it would express our appreciation for our civilian customers for their roll in this effort.

BattleAxe - your shared observations continue to demonstrate your lack of understanding of the given subject matter. </div></div>

Thank you Kasey.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back then they didn't have selfish public stamping their feet demanding that they get weapons first. The war effort was to equip and arm those who were going to fight.</div></div>

yes and werent they all just average joes?... civilians need guns to defend this country from any threat foreign or domestic as much as any LE ever will. the second ammendment isnt so we have the right to go shoot a deer once a year...its so we have the ability to defend ourselves from our government and any evil inside our outside of this country. this government if you havent noticed makes every attempt it can to strip civilians of there guns. we need them as much as the next guy be him MIL, LE, EMS, or any other publicly funded job. some day civilians might be the ones fighting for this country... it wouldnt be the first time. </div></div>

Are you turning this in to a Second Amendment argument? Do you think that LE are going around buying up all equipment and guns leaving the poor civilian defenseless? Do you really think that you need a gun more than LE? Who do you think keeps the jails and prisons packed and overflowing with fresh bodies? How many felony arrests did you make last week? How many crimes did you prevent? How many firearms did you take from violent criminals? Can you imagine the crime rate if cops didn't arrest anybody? There are roughly 2.5 million people in jail/prison. If cops no longer put anybody there, then yes, you would definitely have a higher need for tactical items.

Don't try to paint a picture that I am anti-second amendment because you would be sorely mistaken. You are diverting from the topic at hand. When the government has turned "evil" and citizens are forced to take up arms against it, then yes, civilians will need arms as much as Mil, LE etc., and I would expect that Kasey will give "the resistance" a 10% discount. Until then, I see it perfectly fine that those who impact public safety and national security directly, receive a lowered wait time and price. I'm all for having equipment go down range before being placed in a safe or gear bag rarely to see the light of day. If a small piece of equipment can make the difference between life and death, I'm all for it being extended to the preserver of peace prior to the hobbyist.

Do you need a bipod to protect your house over a Mil or LEO that uses one in the field?.....really? </div></div>

how many crimes did i prevent last week? ZERO..... because my rights have been stripped... you better beleive a man with a pistol on his hip enjoying a coffee at starbucks prevents crime. you say LE prevents crime when they arrest a person after it happens... explain how that is preventing crime? or are you assuming he will commit more crimes in the future? are even better yet are you guys out arresting innocent people that have a high risk of committing a crime in the future now?

this all comes back to the mentality that your saving people like ME from anything... if there were more people like myself then there would be no need to have a huge police force. you arent protecting me from anything understand that...your only defending the sheeple. and because govt. has trained so many people to become sheeple theres a growing need for LE... and thats exactly what the govt. wants... public dependance on them.

if the second ammendmant was intact then every adult would be carrying a firearm... you show me a person ballzy enough to try and rob people with a room full of people with guns ready to use them...and if you do show me that person then please explain how LE some how does a better job of preventing that crime rather then just arressting him after everyones dead. the more guns in the civilians hands the lower the crime rate is its proven time and time again... the govt tries to take them away to solve the problem but they should be dropping huge crates of firearms from planes to lower crime. you can put all the felons in prison you want...or dont...dosent matter to me... if i was able to exercise my right to defend myself in this godforsaken state then id have no issue with taking care of them myself.. if civilians were able to truley exercise the second ammendment then we wouldnt be pileing them up in prisons (you say 2.5 million like thats a good thing) and feeding them 3 squares. wed just kill them off. and thats how it should be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">kentactic - on the issue of prioritizing LEO/MIL orders over civilians, I hope its of some comfort that we try to tell all email/phone customers about our stocking dealers as a optional source for our products to avoid the delay. We also advertise the delay on our website and most all on-line customers read them and go ahead and place the order. Some customers miss this information and when they call about their order and learn of the delay, we reference them to our dealers. </div></div>

I have no real problem with your policys kasey its your business. all my ranting is perhaps an attempt to just show the other side of the coin. im pretty sure ive failed in this audience but its worth a shot to hopefully wake up atleast one person.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BattleAxe - your shared observations continue to demonstrate your lack of understanding of the given subject matter. </div></div> Surely you jest but OK I'll play...I get it that you don't like me Kasey so in an effort to keep this thread moving in the direction in which <span style="font-style: italic">you intended</span>...

Wow, how inconsiderate of that customer. How dare he share his <span style="font-style: italic">personal </span>stance on an issue that conflicts with yours. I think you should create a thread to see how many wagons you can circle against him instead of actually working. Oh wait...never mind. You already did
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">i have no clue what the OP sells on his website</span> but perhaps even in some cases a civilian needs there stuff to work well or it might cost them there life aswell... perhaps for self defense purposes...and maybe they need it in a timely manner becuase they had a threat on there life. civilians have every right to be well armed aswell... if anything i think GOOD, HONEST civilians have the need to be better armed then there LE friends.

http://youtu.be/n9xUCI3nJsQ</div></div> If any Joe Civilian out there needs a bipod right away, there's several other sources to go to if they see fit. </div></div>

BINGO!

and im glad im not the only one shaking his head at the mentality of alot of the poeple in here thanks Big Ray Ray for saying it better then i can. </div></div> No, I said that as you don't have any idea who Kasey is and what his company produces, that you have no dog in this fight. Criticizing a company whom you have absolutely no knowledge of and trying to turn it into something that it isn't is both reckless and just plain wrong.