• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Threaded Can coming loose

Oleshep

Minuteman
Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
do you guys have problems with the direct thread cans working loose?

Mine keep working loose if I don't keep cranking on them.. I don't want to use any locking agent or washers to keep it secure. Am I just not getting them tight enough?

thanks.

Have no issues. Are you allowing oil on threads? I run dry threads.

I have had this problem I just put on a crush washer on and no more problems some times it has to do with thread fit if its a loose thread fit it is more likely to work loose or if its a real short thread it will do the same sometimes

There's been other threads about this and IIRC it's not recommended to use a crush washer because your can is supposed to fit up against the shoulder. If I snap my can on it usually stays tight but I still check it after strings of fire.

Who is the maker of the can and what rifle do you have

There's been other threads about this and IIRC it's not recommended to use a crush washer because your can is supposed to fit up against the shoulder. If I snap my can on it usually stays tight but I still check it after strings of fire.

What do you mean by "snap" it on?

The "snap" is to thread it on until it stops, then back it off about 1/4 turn. Then snap your wrist as you shoulder it so it sort of snaps into place. This usually does the trick if it wants to get loose normally. Alternatively, you can give it a lot of elbow grease when you final tighten it by hand. At that point it's hitting the shoulder anyway

Could be loose threads , a buddy has a AAC Cyclone that would come loose after 5-6 shots. We rethreaded his gun and the problem went away , the original threads measured .4941" (outside of thread , no wires) if I remember correctly and i cut the new ones at .4970" and haven't had an issue since.
you can degrease both male and female threads and use a tiny bit of black RTV silicone and that will help and not hurt the threads at all