• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunder Beast Dominus

this is what I did.

338SR and DominusSR

if only A419 would make a sidewinder adapter for the SRs
Don't hold your breath on a SR/Hellfire mount. As a rule we don't want to make mounts that latch into ratchet/QD systems. The stacking can get a little funky, and we also see a reduced utility. The SR seems to be a really terrific mount system, and was designed for hard-use like full-auto. Stacking one of our mounts into that system wouldn't be ideal, as out mounts aren't ideal for the situations the SR was designed for.

If you want to use our mount system, the Dominus CB is the right play - and a sweet can. I'm going to have to get myself one at some point!

I went the opposite direction, 338Ultra and Dominus CB, because Area419 makes sidewinder and hellfire adapters adapters and I didn’t want to be handicapped
to the TBAC SR brakes.

I just changed my order from a SR to the CB Dominus yesterday. Now I am considering canceling the 1/2"x28 brake and going with the Area419 Hellfire system. I already have 2 Hellfires and would need 3 more adapters to swap the Dominus between several rifles. Also have a 30P-1 that I am considering the recore. I could slap an adapter on my Harvester and be set. Getting a serial number assigned next month. (Buying with a cert)

Reactions: flyer1a
Life is good.

IMG_2907.jpeg

Daaaaaaaang. No wonder the wait is lo long for us mortal, or “poors ” as some would say 😆

I’m just happy the wait time Has decreased since I ordered. Was next June when I ordered and is down to Feb now. I’ve waited this long in life for it, what’s a few more months.

Reactions: 260284
If weight is not a concern, how does the the TBAC line of suppressors compare to the surefire RC2 (556)? Main thing I am looking at is db reduction and 98-99% flash reduction including great first shot flash reduction. Also suppressor longevity.

Are these suppressors quick detach or thread on?

Its rated to handle 300 PRC. Was assuming but not listed

From the website.

Please contact tech support for:
7mm cal loads exceeding 90 powder grains,
.30 cal loads exceeding 100 powder grains

300 PRC is in the 70 - 80 grain range so you should be good.

Still waiting on mine to be manufatured.. then still paperwork wait. So impatient.

Anyone know of a 1/2-28 sr adapter in stock anywhere? I'm on the backorder list at TBAC, and have been for quite some time, but they are another 4ish weeks out, and I just got my call yesterday. I'd like to go play sooner than later if possible.

@blbennett1288 can you give the smaller diameter, where the can necks down for the mount? Looking at handguard options and mine's got several months left in lockup.

ETA: long as I'm asking..... also knowing the the width of that stepped down portion of the tube would be helpful in calculating wiggle room on handguard length.

CB just use the same ultra 419 HF mount?
CB can use TBACs CB mount or the Area 419 HF Suppressor mounts and adapters.

The TBAC SR brake is the least effective brake in their lineup. The SR was designed more for gas movement than as a brake. With the CB option you can swap between suppressed and a top tier Area419 brake in a matter of seconds.

I run the Area419 system on all my suppressors.

CB can use TBACs CB mount or the Area 419 HF Suppressor mounts and adapters.

The TBAC SR brake is the least effective brake in their lineup. The SR was designed more for gas movement than as a brake. With the CB option you can swap between suppressed and a top tier Area419 brake in a matter of seconds.

I run the Area419 system on all my suppressors.
Great info. Thank u sir

Shot the DOMINUS on the AIAX this weekend. My 169gr SMKs didn’t make it in time and I couldn’t get my hands on any reasonable .308 projectiles Saturday to test it out on the LMT MWS. So all I shot it on was the 6BR.

Let me preface this by saying I prefer shooting suppressed. On my .308 and 6.5CM I shoot exclusively suppressed with a SilencerCo Hybrid.

I tried the Hybrid multiple times on .223 and 6BR and I never liked the Hybrid on the 223/6mm. Even though it’s over bored it’s still about the same size diameter as a normal can, so the gasses behaved like they normally would. Because of this the 6BR and .223 exhibited an increase in felt recoil with the Hybrid, as opposed to a brake. So, I never thought the benefit of running suppressed with 6BR or .223 outweighed a brake. Last season I ran the 6BR 100% braked.

Fast forward, the larger diameter of the DOMINUS fixes that issue and it behaves more like a braked rifle than your traditional suppressed rifle, if that makes sense. There was almost zero “felt recoil” increase and overall weight and size of the DOMINUS are favorable enough to make me change my mind and run exclusively suppressed with the 6BR now.

For those of you that have shot a .338 Ultra, it behaves exactly like that just sized down.

So I just sent my papers in for my 338ultra sr now I’m not sure about it after reading the muzzle brake is not very effective.

So I just sent my papers in for my 338ultra sr now I’m not sure about it after reading the muzzle brake is not very effective.
Question, what role will your rifle serve? Hunting, comp, and/or play? Do you see yourself shooting a lot unsuppressed?

blbennett1288 and myself went with the A419 system because we are swapping between multiple rifles and wanted an effective brake for comps. @blbennett1288 enjoys the Dominus so much that I doubt he’ll run brakes in a comp again.