• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunder Beast Magnus

For a set-once adjustable gas block, I like the Seekins Low Pro Adjustable.

For a more permanent "set once", I like the DIY tapped and drilled set screw system

For regular adjustments, it's hard to beat the Riflespeed one Ray mentioned

the new 9mm can Ray showed in todays video is interesting ,...

No plans specifically at this point. We'd have to make one and test it to see if there's any advantage. Sometimes there's not (ie, why we dropped the 223 Ultra 7 in favor of the 6.5 Ultra Gen2). If it's something you're interested in, please shoot us an email so we can gauge demand.

Is the difference in 6.5 vs .30 the end aperture or are all baffles cut that that diameter? Looking back to a video you uploaded in October the ML avg spread between the .30 ultra 9 and LT was 5 dB. However, with the 6.5 9 ultra vs the LT the gap narrowed to 1.5 ish dB. The Magnus or even the 338 g2 might be really quiet with a 6.5 aperture with the associated loss of flexibility.

Is the difference in 6.5 vs .30 the end aperture or are all baffles cut that that diameter? Looking back to a video you uploaded in October the ML avg spread between the .30 ultra 9 and LT was 5 dB. However, with the 6.5 9 ultra vs the LT the gap narrowed to 1.5 ish dB. The Magnus or even the 338 g2 might be really quiet with a 6.5 aperture with the associated loss of flexibility.
I would definitely like to see a 6.5 magnus vs a 30 cal magnus. If there a 2 or more db difference I would go for the 6.5 over the 30 cal for my match and varmint rifles. Seems like it would be a worthwhile test since this can appears to be going after the quietest can available market.

Reactions: BurtG
Does the muzzle device used, of the 3 options, affect performance in terms of suppression? Which setup is preferred by TBAC?

It doesn't affect it. We didn't test every weird HUB device though.

The SR brake is the best precision rifle mount that is also full auto rated, and the Magnus SR shares the same FA rating as the Dominus-SR for this reason.

That said, if the SR is overkill, I'd take CB next.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
I was just about to order a 338 SR to put on my 6.5CM… this seems like a better idea. Especially with those at the ear numbers. I would really like to see the sound numbers of a 338SR vs the magnus on a 6.5CM

Reactions: kthomas
Follow up: I see that Ray has already done that.

For the TBAC guys, is the 338SR suppression worth the size increase over the magnus? The video seems to suggest the answer is no…

The SR mount is sort of an independent variable, IE, it adds a pretty much constant amount of weight and length to any "base" model, IE, to the Magnus-CB or the regular 338 ULTRA (BA mount).

If you're asking is the 338 Ultra worth it in suppression over the Magnus, for .30 caliber and smaller, probably not as it gets another about inch and a half longer. The difference is about 2 dB. But it is quieter.

As far as SR mount vs. CB/BA/HUB mount and the size implications, it mainly depends on what kinds of mounts you want to run and what interoperability of cans you want across the rifles. That you can throw your Magnus-SR or 338-Ultra-SR on your MK18 and run through a combat load is a bonus..

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Thanks Zak. I have a Dominus-CB, and my father has a Dominus-K. I really like the SR mount on his, so I was leaning that direction.

My application for this (at least right now) was on a 6.5CM AI, so was just focused on max suppression in that area. I can see your point though that diminishing returns have we’ll set in by the time you compare the two.

Dang it @TBACRAY you are killing me!! I thought I made my mind up about ordering a Dominus with my GAP Grind cert. I love my work ultra 7 and my personal 338 Ultra. dang it now I have to wait to see if I want this more then the Dominus.

Bigrederic,

Here's a criteria you might consider. It's roughly how I decide for myself.

Most semi-autos get SR mounts. Semi-autos that are shot more like precision/LR rifles can have CB mounts. Rifles that bounce around in the truck a lot get SR's. Hunting guns, and dedicated LR guns get CB or BA mounts. Gas guns get the Ultra 5, 7, or Dominus-SR or Dominus-K-SR (mount based on prior criteria and then which 5/7 or KSR/SR based on how quiet vs. compact I want it). Guns I want to be quiet will get an Ultra or Magnus (really quiet). Magnums will get a Magnus or 338.

How soon will these be ready to ship / purchase? Or said another way, how soon can you take my money?

EDIT - i see that show show is January 18th; my wife's birthday........

Last edited:
Ditto as FOS373…. Although I think I want to get one of the Gen 2 338s.

The CB mount has worked so well on our Ultra 9, that I am glad it continues in these models. Will your dealers be able to access Tuesday as well?

Placed a sizable order. Got to love the live updates!

Looks like we will have a few available immediately, and more coming in Q2.

Excited to test this sucker on my Form 1 Surgeon currently wearing a Dominus SR. 🇺🇸

Did they send you a confirmation? I sent them an email yesterday morning for an order , but I figured they were all understandably slammed with Shot stuff so wasn’t really expecting a response.

I was wondering that as well. My dealer had his email autosend at 9am on the dot to reserve one for me. I was hoping to get SN:001!
@TBACRAY or @Zak Smith if you are listening....a low SN Magnus to East Texas Precision would be awesome!

Hahahaha so I wasn’t the only scumbag who had a timed email… I think they must love people like us

I'd hope they love us! As excited as I am about a new suppressor coming out, perhaps a bit bothersome at times. That is the same passion I have for the products and items I use. So when people like what they see and ask for an opinion, there is no better salesman or commercial out there.

Amen…. Thunderbeast cans sell themselves with their performance, but I’m always willing to back it up with words too based on my experiences

We have a gazillion emails and in-person (paper) orders from SHOT that will take most of next week to get entered and confirmed. Everyone will get their place in line based on the date/time of order. The majority of our front office staff is here at SHOT. Thanks!!

Reactions: Halcyonhal
Hi,

Based on our normal production schedule and fulfillment of prior orders, I would expect the first batches of these to be available in the Apr/May timeframe. Same answer for the Fly9s.

This is as good a time as any to note that we've had some raw material supply-chain disruptions crop up in the last few months. This is with suppliers we've used for years and that have had impeccable track records up to now. We are scrambling to minimize the effects on production, but we are now having to reshuffle production around the material that is delayed, IE, to make stuff on the build sheet we have material for vs. things that would normally be "next." This is primarily affecting 1.8"+ bar based products (eg, Dominus, Magnus, 338) and products that need specialty steel custom springs (SR mounts and Fly9 boosters).

Anyone have one of these out of jail? Debating the magnus, ultra 9, or ultra 7 for my 6 creedmoor
Also look into the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S (7") or Hydrogen-L (9"). They are ranking near the top on PEW Science charts. I have both, and they sound amazing, and are nearly identical in performance to the Dead Air Nomad-30 (7") and Nomad-L (8.5") as far as decibels and weight and specs go. The Hydrogen-L is almost exact performance replication of my Dead Air Nomad-LT.

And you can get it for a HUGE discount right now on Charlie's Custom Clones. For their discount prices, you can literally buy a Hydrogen-S 6.5mm and a Hydrogen-L 7.62 for the price of 1 Magnus. LOL

The Hydrogen-S 6.5mm would be amazing on your 6mm CM.

Also look into the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S (7") or Hydrogen-L (9"). They are ranking near the top on PEW Science charts. I have both, and they sound amazing, and are nearly identical in performance to the Dead Air Nomad-30 (7") and Nomad-L (8.5") as far as decibels and weight and specs go. The Hydrogen-L is almost exact performance replication of my Dead Air Nomad-LT.

And you can get it for a HUGE discount right now on Charlie's Custom Clones. For their discount prices, you can literally buy a Hydrogen-S 6.5mm and a Hydrogen-L 7.62 for the price of 1 Magnus. LOL

The Hydrogen-S 6.5mm would be amazing on your 6mm CM.

And look at the first post numbers again...

Anyone have one of these out of jail? Debating the magnus, ultra 9, or ultra 7 for my 6 creedmoor
Really depends on how big you want to go. I'm really happy with the size, weight and sound of my ultra 7. Small and light enough for hunting and sounds great. The magnus will be quite a bit bigger but also quieter. Need to decide whats most important to you. Don't have a magnus, but I have a 338 ultra and it sounds amazing but I never put it on if I'm going to be humping the rifle very far.

Just got mine recently. Only had a chance to shoot it on my AR so far but I'm very impressed. I have a video but it doesn't do it justice. No reason to go ultra 9 with the Magnus out unless you really need a 1.5" diameter can.

Reactions: diderr

What's your use case? How long is the barrel? Do you anticipate using the can on any other rifles now or in the foreseeable future? What's your goal - absolute quietest suppression performance, maneuverability in the field, flexing on the Internet?

• Haha
Reactions: Halcyonhal