• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley 1000yrd Club

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
I just recently moved to Ohio and was looking on Mapquest and found out Thunder Valley Shooting Range is 2hrs from my house.

Do any of you guys belong to that club(ohio 1000yrd Benchrest club). If so, How hard is it to get a membership?

Is there alot of days of just shooting with your buddies or is it moslty matches? I see some of the pics, it looks like they have a 600yrd-1000yrd-<span style="font-weight: bold">1 Mile</span> Target. Wow, that would be a perfect weekend.

Re: Thunder Valley 1000yrd Club

Call Tom Sarver. He is the owner and can tell you whatever you want to know. 740-502-6530

Its an awesome facility! Where are you at in Ohio? I live in Columbus.
As of now, you can shoot out to about 2400 yards at TVP. (Thunder Valley Precision)

im up in cleveland. ive been dying to get out there, but its too far away for me to use it too regularly.

id like to get out there once a month though, i dont know if thats enough to warrant geting a membership

Call Tom. He'll tell you all ya need to know. It is a great place to shoot.

I've shot there three times, and have learned so much in those few times. More importantly, Thunder Valley has shown me how much I have yet to learn. All the times I have shot, it was in team-type matches, in the prone from four different stations (I think each station has three or four targets). Each station presented completely different wind conditions and shots are in elevation, declination, and in the horizontal plane.
All in all, it is a great place to shoot. Contact Tom Sarver.

YOu need to contact Tom. Thunder Valley has been sold to a training company that caters to LE and military. Not sure going to be open for matches and to public as they are building up the range for that now. Hope not, but time will tell.

BH