• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

Breeze260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2009
Ohio
Well here is the Start of the schedule....Because you keep asking
grin.gif

We shoot as a team if you don't have a partner we will pair you up with someone, four targets and 8 minutes to shoot them(8 targets and 14 minutes to shoot them). Typically we shoot prone but if you have a bench and can set it up in a timely manner you can use it, shooting sticks(tripods) are welcome also. Some matches will be different but will be post as such.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Head Hunter Day</span> (One shot One kill, no team)
Pos 1) 342,370,403,526,566
Pos 2) 360,349,329,512,521
Pos 3) 330,373,418,435,440
Pos 4) 423,514,557,600,560

<span style="font-weight: bold">Intimidator</span>
Pos 1) 563,950,1165,938, Bonus 1650
Pos 2) 552,892,674,795
Pos 3) 276,366,587,1048
Pos 4) 570,499,704,586

<span style="font-weight: bold">June</span>
2nd - Open Range
3rd - Intimidator Pos 1 & ELR targets
9th - Work Day
10th - Work Day
16th - Intimidator Head Hunter Combo
17th - Father's Day Open Range
23rd - <span style="color: #FF0000">Cancelled</span>
24th - Head Hunter
30th - 1000yd & 1 Mile Paper Group and Score...@ 1000yds,10 benches 3 target agg $30 for member $40 for nonmember @ 1 Mile, 2 benches 3 target agg $50 for members $60 for nonmembers

<span style="font-weight: bold">July</span>

7th - Intimidator
8th - Open Range
14th - Head Hunter Day & Night(suppressed)
15th - Intimidator
21st - Open Range
22nd - Intimidator

<span style="font-weight: bold">August</span>

4th - 1000yd & 1 Mile Paper Group and Score & Head Hunter Night
5th - Open Range
11th - Intimidator
12th - Intimidator
18th - 22LR Match
19th - <span style="color: #CC0000">Closed</span>
25th - Head Hunter Day & Night w/new lights
26th - Open Range

<span style="font-weight: bold">Sept</span>

1st - Head Hunter Day Only
2nd - Open Range
8th - Intimidator
9th - 22LR Match
15th - Match Prep/Range Maintenance + Camp
16th - Match Prep/Range Maintenance
22nd - Range is Closed ....Sorry for the inconvenience
23rd - Open Range
29th - <span style="font-weight: bold">TVP Fall Tactical Challenge</span> ...Details to come
30th - <span style="font-weight: bold">TVP Fall Tactical Challenge</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Oct</span>

6th - Open Range
7th - Intimidator
13th - Head Hunter
14th - Closed
20th - Open Range Day
21st - <span style="color: #CC0000">Closed</span>
27th - Intimidator
28th - Open Range Day

That's all for now...

Start-10:00(Unless posted differently) if you need to zero be early(8:00) Range is cold from 9-10 for registration and safety meeting

And as always Membership $50
Members Match Fees (regular) and Range Practice Days $20.00
Non Members Fees (regular) and Range Practice Days $30.00
Juniors Under 18 years of age Membership and all <span style="text-decoration: underline">regular</span> match fees and range days are FREE.(Need to be accompanied by an adult)

Thunder Valley Precision
15786 TR.118
Kimbolton, Ohio 43749
[email protected]
740-502-6530
GPS
40°10'37.43"N 81°43'1.38"W

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

new thread, new year, can't wait!! It feels like forever since I've been out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Magnums and rifles shooting over 3000fps will shoot different targets for the targets under 300yds
</div></div>

Good idea.

....and thanks for getting some dates posted

So the 28th Is that the 6 position combo or the 4 positions you have posted under it?

Thanks,
Merritt

4 position "Modified Combo" Sorry that wasn't clear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sbfcolin2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">new thread, new year, can't wait!! It feels like forever since I've been out there.
</div></div>
Do you even remember how to shoot a rifle......How long has it been???

Looking forward to this upcoming year. I hope to make it out more. My 300 Hulk is ready and I am ready too!

van

To long Sean, to long!! I think i might be able to hit a few pieces of steel still but no guarantees! haha

Glad it's time for the new year. Looking forward to finally getting to come down for a few matches this year, can't wait to meet everyone and ping some steel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sbfcolin2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To long Sean, to long!! I think i might be able to hit a few pieces of steel still but no guarantees! haha </div></div>
Hopefully I will see you in January???? Have a great holiday.

It's been too long since I've made it down to TVP. Hoping to make the Jan 28th shoot.

Keep the dates coming! The northern crew has been recruiting, hopefully we can be there in full force this season. Also been working on a few ALTERNATE weapons to play with. Has anyone been silly enough to shoot the short course with a 45-70 yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Copperdoc1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone been silly enough to shoot the short course with a 45-70 yet? </div></div>

The name Glen comes to mind.

Hopefully me and triceratops will make it up the 28th.

Planning on making it up a lot this year.

jen and myself plan to be there again. This time we got a new load for the .223 gun and will be shooting 77 grain SMK's.

question.. as a member, can you shoot there anytime Tom is not holding a class?...
is there a cost like the "open range" days?

Yes and yes But by appointment only. There is a lot going on at TVP behind the scenes so it is not good to just show up, we may be out on the range working.
So give Tom a call

Can't hardly wait to get back out there. Some of us are waiting to see an extra long range course day come up on the schedule
whistle.gif

In for the black rifle short course in February. Can I bring an Garand for a back up gun?

I'm really looking forward to the LR steel shoot on Feb 18th. All I need now is my new rifle for the course.

Is the black rifle limited to 223 AR15's or will any rifle painted black work? Are AR10's allowed? How about an 18" 223ai (metal is black but, the stock is green).

Ok to be a little more clear ...the black rifle shoot is an AR of any kind shoot.
KY bring your garand so we can see how it shoots.

Thanks

What are the details on the 1000+ day shoot?

i will be there on the 14th i hope i remember how to do it

Skivy...don't forget the doughnuts...lol
flounder...12 to 16 targets, one position, 3 shots per target, you and your partner will shoot the first 4 targets in 10 minutes, same point system(10-5-2) and in a relay style. This is not the permanent ELR course this is to give everyone an idea what its like to shoot beyond a 1000 yards

Thanks

wade..... doughnuts and a big bag of snacks as usual lol looking foward to seeing you guys again. i hope you guys still have that big billboard target set up for me,

Sniper match on 3/31 & 4/1 .... that's the same weekend as the Rayner's match. Is this match going to be a 1 or 2 day match?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ncboiler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sniper match on 3/31 & 4/1 .... that's the same weekend as the Rayner's match. Is this match going to be a 1 or 2 day match? </div></div>

Forgot about that...changed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ncboiler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sniper match on 3/31 & 4/1 .... that's the same weekend as the Rayner's match. Is this match going to be a 1 or 2 day match? </div></div>

Forgot about that...changed </div></div>

Great!

Thanks!

Wayde, You had me nervous for a minute.. I was wondering how I and of course you were going to be at 2 matches on the same weekend at different ranges...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skivy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wade..... doughnuts and a big bag of snacks as usual lol looking foward to seeing you guys again. i hope you guys still have that big billboard target set up for me, </div></div>

Lucky for you, the winter storms last year took it down. Don't worry though, we'll be sure to bring up that debacle at least twice
smile.gif

hey what about us AK guys dont we count too.
IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

i like a rifle that if i dont get a chance to clean it it will keep right on firing. oh also it has an E.R. shaw barrel on it and holds inch and a half at 100 yards with factory american made ammo. i think it will do better with my handloads.

We never turn a customer away... If you want to put that AK up against AR's bring it out.

sounds like a challenge, sounds like lots a shooting, sounds like fun. but we know which gun will win right???? lol

Ill be taking off Feb 18th to be down for the ELR shoot, 338 should be up and running by then

I am kind of new to the sport, and was wondering what size targets are used in this type of competition?

I am assuming they are larger the further out they are. Is it like 2 X's the MOA for that distance (4 inch at 200yds) or something similar?

Thanks, and I hope to join you once or twice this season, I am about 6 hours away, otherwise I would be there more often.

6x9" targets on the Head Hunter
12" plates on the Intimdater
Not sure on the plate size for the ELR event but I will say its worth the 18 hour round trip for us. Thunder Valley is a shooters dream places to shoot, have a blast and excel in your precision shooting skills.

Ring
That data book page was made for the Intimidator by impact databooks , but we (TVP) changed the pages for our databooks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so only the Intimidator has high angle shots? </div></div>
I never measured it but stage 1 I believe shots 1 and 2 on the headhunter COF Are more than 10degrees as is shot 1 on Stg 2.
Are you in need of high angle practice or something?

Thanks for the info, I am looking forward to getting out there as soon as I can get the time. Hope to see you there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodspider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so only the Intimidator has high angle shots? </div></div>
I never measured it but stage 1 I believe shots 1 and 2 on the headhunter COF Are more than 10degrees as is shot 1 on Stg 2.
Are you in need of high angle practice or something?</div></div>
no, need accurate data for my range cards for when i practice at my range and come to shoot at TVP

Ok I see sorry I don't have that data. But you will have plenty of time to measure the angles b4 your actual turn to shoot. Assuming you bring your ballistic program with you on your phone or PDA . Ranges are given angles I've never seen given out. There aren't too many steep or deep shots .