• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Breeze,
any reservations needed for the March 24th Head Hunter? </div></div>

Nope your good

<span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">SCHEDULE HAS BEEN UPDATED</span></span></span>

May
12th - <span style="font-weight: bold">Newbie Shoot</span>...Details to follow

I've been put on mandatory overtime working every Saturday till the end of the fiscal year, but I'm going to try and get this one off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When will we hear if you're going to do the military rifle iron sight shoot? I purchased an HK93 and she is going to the smith as soon as my new barrel shows up. I'd love to be able to bang some steel with irons.

Thanks,
Merritt </div></div>

April
7th - Iron Sites Short Course

Thunder Valley is looking for a Web Designer...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When will we hear if you're going to do the military rifle iron sight shoot? I purchased an HK93 and she is going to the smith as soon as my new barrel shows up. I'd love to be able to bang some steel with irons.

Thanks,
Merritt </div></div>

April
7th - Iron Sites Short Course </div></div>

Sweet. I hope my rifle is back from the smith by then. I just heard he went into ICU.

Look like the plan is definitely for the intimidator in march though.

Thanks,
Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

April
7th - Iron Sites Short Course</div></div>

Ill be there with 2-3 others from NKY.

I know its last minute but....Open Range this weekend Both days 9:00am-dark
All targets 100-2400yds
$20 members
$30 non members

See ya there

Wayde, what distances are avalible from Intimidator position 1?

Thanks

Guess you will have to show up to see.

Goin Hot..

From position one
and 1700 to 2200
All ELR targets are ORANGE color coded

Come out and test fire the new 7mm Hulk...180 Berger Hybrid @ 3400 plus.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Come out and test fire the new 7mm Hulk...180 Berger Hybrid @ 3400 plus. </div></div>

What's expected barrel life on one of those? Just rough crunching numbers and it looks like roughly 16 MOA to 1000 at my location. Pretty damn impressive. Any info would be great.

how do you hold over for that?.. my razor has 36mils + 9 on the reticule.. Is on a 20MOA BASE, On a 260

chart says i need 52+ mills...

BTW, are the ELR targets bigger? or still 12x12?

Targets are 12" at 1000,1100,1200
14" at 1335 and 1400
16" at 1650
18" a couple
20" at the long ones

Varmint Slayer

If you would like more info on the 7mm Hulk give Tom a call he will tell you all about it....His # is at the bottom of his post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Come out and test fire the new 7mm Hulk...180 Berger Hybrid @ 3400 plus. </div></div>

I'd really like to check that out, but I'm out for this weekend.
Is brass available yet or do you still have to make it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Varmint Slayer

If you would like more info on the 7mm Hulk give Tom a call he will tell you all about it....His # is at the bottom of his post.</div></div>

I may have to as that sounds very attractive for my next build...

Could one show up to the open range this weekend and pay his seasonal dues? Or is that a suit and tie affair?

If you see a suit and tie at thunder valley a rifle must have died.
Membership is on a rolling calender so anytime you want is fine.
See ya this weekend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another rifle was born tonite at TVP...</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pics?</div></div>
+1 we need pics and specs

Tacshooter223 and I are going to try to make it down there on the 10th but i don't know if i'll have my rifle back by then. so we'll see.

If you are coming out to TVP this Sunday you will be in for a treat! I am delivering Tom's new Sign The TVP logo done in steel life size rifles and all! I am sure it will be a hit we had a blast building it!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triceratops3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tacshooter223 and I are going to try to make it down there on the 10th but i don't know if i'll have my rifle back by then. so we'll see. </div></div>

Sorry we both have plans the 10th.. guess we'll try to make it up another time this month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SASSdriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are coming out to TVP this Sunday you will be in for a treat! I am delivering Tom's new Sign The TVP logo done in steel life size rifles and all! I am sure it will be a hit we had a blast building it!! </div></div>

Awesome! Pic available?

looks like if u go sat. you will get some wind practice in....
smile.gif

Partly cloudy and windy. High around 45F. Winds WSW at 25 to 35 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Ring

Didn't your Mom teach you if you don’t have anything good to say don’t say anything at all .....
laugh.gif

I'll be down this weekend sometime?!

Spider

I have a flip video of it getting cut out and then it finished at the end but the vid was 17 min long and I had no idea that youtube limit was 10 so I did not get it posted.. I am the worlds worst about taking pictures!!! i know I should but the idea of stopping the process to get some pics never occurs to me at the time! We are planning to get to TVP around 9:45 Sunday morning.. Have a few other suprises for Tom and Wade.

After all that happened last year with the tornados, is everyone ok and was there any damage from this last storm?

I hope all is ok

oneshot.onehit

All is well on the home front. Wayde, Karl and I shot some today.

Tested the new 7mm Hulk today with 175 Berger VLD's at 3400 fps.
7.5 MOA to 600 yards 17.25 MOA to 1000 yards and 46 MOA to the mile target. Bullets hit hard and FAST with precision accuracy.
VERY VERY low recoil and you better be in the scope because before the recoil is done pushing you the bullet hits at 1000 yards. There is no problem seeing your hits either...lol. Nice little divit in the dirt at 2000 yards.

Three new rifles this week out of TVP all built IN HOUSE by myself. All rifles are sub-quarter MOA and I dedicated over 30 man hours in to each one. Two .260's and a 7mm Hulk.
My customer made a one shot hit at 1650 yards with his TVP .260 and he was very happy to say the least. The 7 mm Hulk is and will be the one of the top performers this year next to the .300 Hulk.
Lots of orders to fill consisting of .300 Hulks 7mm Hulks .338 Hulks and .338 Lapua mags as well as .300 NM and SEVERAL .260's and a couple of .300 WSM's.
Long range precision rifles are my passion and training shooters to use them is my dream job.
Again, all work is performed IN HOUSE here at TVP and each and every rifle is meticulously crafted to perfection.
Precision, Perfection, Performance.

Look for our new advertisements here on the Hide in the very near future.

As most of you know Wayde "Breeze" has stepped up to help me out with some of the work details here at TVP. We are growing and involved with some of the most important innovative and high tech weapons systems and sighting systems yet to exist in the precision shooting world.... and yes... for hunting very bad men as well as for our shooting pleasure.
This is a great time to be involved in the art and science of long range precision shooting. We are blessed to be involved with a company who has created the MOST accurate ballistic program to date in the precision shooting industry. We will be offering this ballistic data in the very near future here at TVP along with SOTA laser range finders for the civilian markets as well as the best Professionals in the world.

The new Jaws .338 Suppressor is NOW here at TVP available for demo. We will post some pictures and video asap of it's awesome perfomance capability.

TVP can schedule weapons systems demos for Law Enforcement, Military and civilian shooters from all over the country.

Call or e-mail to set up your appointment to demo all makes and models of suppressors especially the Shark Precision models. The TVP preferred model and proven performer.
We also do ALL the paper work and will provide all the legal services for forming trusts..the best way the first time.
Also, the benifit of buying from TVP is that you get to use your suppressor from the very first day you purchase it till the tax stamp/form 4 comes back approved. THE SUPPRESSOR CANNOT LEAVE TVP PROPERTY TILL THIS HAPPENS. Please call for details.

Congrats Tom. Sounds awesome!

All that news sounds great! I'm leaving for the open range day now. Can't wait!

Spoke to Tom this morning and he said your sign is the bomb, SASSdriver; can't wait to see it but it's going to have to wait until next weekend for me. Go team TVP...

Great day at TVP! It felt great to finally see what my TRG can do. I can't wait to go back.

The signs are badass!

Also a huge thanks to Tom for the suppressor demo. I will be ordering soon...

Tom, thanks for the range day. The orange ELR plates are great fun to ring. Only wish I could have seen my misses at 2250. Never had a chance at hitting it.

See you guys at the next ELR shoot.

Goin'Hot is was great shooting with you today. I was the guy there with Mike. That 300 Norma Improved of yours is a beast. Thanks for the advice and help you gave me and I'll hopefully see you out there again.

No problem Lee. Send me a pm if you have any questions. I've gotten pretty good at helping other shooters spend their money
grin.gif

Looking forward to shooting with you this season.

Jim

Goin'Hot, was good shooting with you again. Nice rifle you have there too.

I got Lee fixed up with a 30 moa Badger base, so now he should be good to 1200. Helping people spend money on this hobby is a no brainer. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about my grill?
</div></div>
Dropped off the sign today!! took some boys with me and they shot out to 600 with the SASS first time ever at that range for them!! had a blast!!! even in the SNOW!!!

Wade... delivered the grill as well!!!! its in the garage!

I think Tom will get some pics of it up once its painted... I have some video of it as its being cut out and welded ...will try to get it posted Mon or Tues

Tom-
Great work on the 7MM Hulk. That is one flat shooting cartridge. I know you will get that fine tuned in no time.
The accuracy is definitely there in the fire-form loads.

I may need to have a couple .284 barrels chambered sometime.

I'm glad you had the range days this past weekend. For once my work schedule did not get in the way of me having fun. And I had fun on Saturday. Almost didn't think about work either.

Thanks for having Thunder Valley available.

Van

Does anyone who shoots at TVP have a desert tactical stealth recon scout? I am wanting to hold one before I spend money on one. What are your thoughts on the bull pup? Thanks.

Not in the area but I do have one. All I can say is that you won't be dissapointed. The rifle rocks, better overall balance because your barrel isn't as far forward, more compact. I like it, some people don't, but not anyone that has held mine yet. Actually correction I don't let anyone hold mine, its my third child.

Tom,
Thanks as always for your commitment to this sport. Cant wait to see the 7mmHULK in action, sounds like an amazing cartridge. I will be up for the Sniper comp in April with a lot of new targets for you guys. Although I am not sure how long they will last with all these HULKs that are going to be around. lol

Mike and I will be there sat. Just want to confirm its the 4 position modified combo. Don't want to show up with not enough rounds.

Thanks,
Merritt

see you boys on saturday... i got the donuts