• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tikka selection.....there is more to be desired

Crotalus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2008
Santa Rosa, Ca
I jumped on the tikka bandwagon a long time ago and am a very proud owner of a stainless laminate model. I want to get another tikka rig but I am having trouble finding what I want.
It doesn't seem like beretta is importing anything but the plain janes, (rifles/calibers).

Does anyone have the inside scoop on what beretta will or can import? I want a super varmint or varmint stainless, they don't seem to be around though. in addition, I'd really like it to be in .260 or 6.5x55 (again no dice). What would it take for beretta to let some of these come state side?

Re: tikka selection.....there is more to be desired

Theres a run of TRG22's in 260....

I am waiting for any new import of Tikka 6.5x55, or if I ran into a used one

I think beretta is dropping the ball, looks like a lot of people would like to see some 6.5 cal tikkas. Imagine .260 T3 super varmint + manners stock.... done project

You'll have some tough luck looking for the 6.5. .260 should be around if you can't find the super varmint then the scout is very similar. Either way the stock is expendable. Find a shop with a good distributor. Even if they don't have it in stock you should be able to get the rifle within two days. At least that's my experience, but I have one of the best gun shops I've ever heard of just down the street.

If I remember correctly the T3 sporter is coming over in .260. On the other hand, Robert Snyder has a ridiculous .260 T3 he built, and I bet you could talk him out of it or have him make you one.
Justin

The reason I am so interested is because, it would be a way for me to have the rifle I want in a much more affordable package. I feel I wouldn't need to true the action or work on the trigger, ect. just change out the stock and rock n roll. I love the tikka action, trigger, and accuracy. Plus they actually did it right with the 1-8 twist barrels.... now if only they would change the .243 from a stupid slow 10 twist to an 8, id say nevermind about the .260....

I just bought a custom 595 in .260 it is a Match rifle but I can mount a scope on it no problem. Mike

Tikka makes a great rifle. Wish they would find a more qualified importer... perhaps Jack-in-the-Box...

Beretta sucks. If they really think they care about the "pulse" of the customer, perhaps they should try reading a live patient.

John

Beretta USA is a joke of a company. A bunch of dumb ass, fancy clothes peddling, New York golfing dumb fucks. I miss the days when Stoeger would bring in anything you wanted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fireball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beretta USA is a joke of a company. A bunch of dumb ass, fancy clothes peddling, New York golfing dumb fucks. I miss the days when Stoeger would bring in anything you wanted. </div></div>Tell us how you really feel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fireball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beretta USA is a joke of a company. A bunch of dumb ass, fancy clothes peddling, New York golfing dumb fucks. I miss the days when Stoeger would bring in anything you wanted. </div></div>

I concur. I had a stock for a TRG damaged in shipment and Beretta was useless to me. It was pretty pathetic.

I wonder if there were a way to band together and show beretta that there is enough interest in the US market for more importing of tikkas? not more volume, just bigger selection in models and calibers. C'mon beretta get with the program!