• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka Sporter Left Hand???

Re: Tikka Sporter Left Hand???

Stock looks real right hand only to me.
The deep flute behind the PG is one sign.
And a picture of the laminated cheekpiece looks like it wont work lefty, either.

Less the stock, is there anything different from the Sporter and the Varmint or T3 Tactical other than the threaded barrel?
Is it the same barrel, action and trigger? Would it fit an aftermarket stock made for the T3?

If I was to replace the stock, would I be better off getting a Tikka T3 Tactical Rifle?

There isn't much (or any) info on the action or barrel that I've been able to find. If its the same as the scout or tactical then you are mainly getting a nice but expensive stock. It does come in 260 rem though which is hard to otherwise find. I want a new .260 but I just found a good deal on a sako hunter that will go into an A3-5 for about the same price as the sporter and I'll have an extra walnut stock.

The T3 Tactical comes with a (correct me if i'm wrong) in addition to the varmint:

Threaded Barrel
Non-reflective Metallics
Blackened Bolt and Handle
Adjustable Cheekrest
Sling Studs on the side (not just base) of stocks
Integral rail on reciever.

The most attractive features of the Tactical are the Threaded Barrel and Scope Rail. However, if you're a Lefty like me, it's not really worth it. Any decent 'smith can thread your barrel, and EGW will do you a scope rail (with the choice of 20MOA elevation) for $70
The T3 stock is pretty average, so you'll probably want to replace it later on anyhow so the adjustable cheekpiece isn't much of a selling point.