• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

I will be receiving a T1x 17hmr 20 inch soon from Euro Optics. I would like to change out the stock. I see that Bell Carlson makes a stock for it. I was wondering if anybody has tried 1 out and how did it work out for you? Will these drop right into a Tikka T3x stock without and modifications?
Wondering also who might make a nice quality hunting stock for these. Let me know what you think. I would also like to know what kind of upgrades could be done to them.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:
I gotta say, and you may have already tried it and decided it’s not for you, but the factory stock with the add-on vertical grip, recoil pad, and add-on wide forend don’t suck.
About to attach a couple of flush cups and a rail section to the forend.
I’m sure I could buy something that feels better…..for a lot of money.

Reactions: *rim-star*
Here is mine in a Bravo chassis. I also have the factory stock with the vertical grip and that is nice also and might be better for a hunting stock. I had a T3x Hunter walnut stock and put that on my T1x in 22lr at one time and I really liked that set up. You can put just about any T3 stock on the T1x so you have a ton of options that are not necessarily advertised as for the T1x. The rifle pictured here is also 17HMR. The barrel is by Lothar Walther. However, the 16-inch factory barrel is a very accurate. I haven't tested this LW barrel yet.

Attachments

• image0 (9).jpeg
    image0 (9).jpeg
    950.3 KB · Views: 117
Here is mine in a Bravo chassis. I also have the factory stock with the vertical grip and that is nice also and might be better for a hunting stock. I had a T3x Hunter walnut stock and put that on my T1x in 22lr at one time and I really liked that set up. You can put just about any T3 stock on the T1x so you have a ton of options that are not necessarily advertised as for the T1x. The rifle pictured here is also 17HMR. The barrel is by Lothar Walther. However, the 16-inch factory barrel is a very accurate. I haven't tested this LW barrel yet.
Stuck my sons T1x in a Bravo and used one of their weighted ARCA rails and it balances perfectly.

The rifle is shooting well. the LW barrel was worth the price.
This lot of Hornady 17gr VMAX is shooting 2734fps with an SD of 30.9fps.

Attachments

• image1 (6).jpeg
    image1 (6).jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • image0 (10).jpeg
    image0 (10).jpeg
    490.1 KB · Views: 95
Does a 11mm dovetail (T1x) to 16.5mm dovetail (T3x) adapter rail exist? I have a T3x spuhr mount I would like to use.

Hello, I recently transferred my Tikka T3x UPR into an MDT Oryx chassis. I did this with the thought that I can then use the UPR stock for the T1x. I'm wondering if I need a T1x trigger guard assembly because the T1x barreled action will not fit in the UPR stock when I try to lock down the trigger guard assembly. One action screw will tighten but prevent engagement with the other action screw. Is the T3x UPR stock incompatible with the T1x? Thanks.

Hello, I recently transferred my Tikka T3x UPR into an MDT Oryx chassis. I did this with the thought that I can then use the UPR stock for the T1x. I'm wondering if I need a T1x trigger guard assembly because the T1x barreled action will not fit in the UPR stock when I try to lock down the trigger guard assembly. One action screw will tighten but prevent engagement with the other action screw. Is the T3x UPR stock incompatible with the T1x? Thanks.
Following. I was under the impression that it was a direct swap out

Following. I was under the impression that it was a direct swap out
That is what I thought. I tried it again today. The action fits w/o the trigger guard assembly. Although there are no sticking points, once the assembly is snug, only 1 screw will seat. There's probably some user error involved but it's not like I expected. The T3x slipped easily into the Oryx chassis, though my POI dropped 1 foot at 550 so it needs to be re-zeroed.

That is what I thought. I tried it again today. The action fits w/o the trigger guard assembly. Although there are no sticking points, once the assembly is snug, only 1 screw will seat. There's probably some user error involved but it's not like I expected. The T3x slipped easily into the Oryx chassis, though my POI dropped 1 foot at 550 so it needs to be re-zeroed.
Is it something that you can capture in a photo or two?

Also, it is possible that somebody in the Tikka T3 Thread might have an idea https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/tikka-t3-thread.6252615/

T1X floorplate normally has the same footprint as the T3 Lite/Hunter/Varmint etc. The UPR stock uses the CTR magsystem /footprint or? These will not match up. I guess rear action screw will go in front one won't? I only worked on a UPR stock once, never had one of my own.
Peter from PSE about T3/T1Xmagazine systems. Maybe you find an answer.

edi

Reactions: perttime
Well, pulled the trigger on one, finally. Bought the standard bolt ons, had a xray from a t3 laying around, got a timney trigger. First impressions with wolf target match were alright. Wasnt a great grouping rifle for a while. Maybe 200 rounds? All of a sudden it started to make 1 ragged hole at 50 yards right before a match. Took second. Lol.

Had an issue with the factory mag, feeding into the bottom of the chamber. Other two are fine. Guy at the match had a 15 round ND mag, all metal and seemed to work great. Ordered 2, they are expensive, like 80 bucks each, but damn are they sweet!!!!
20240306_183929.jpg

T1X floorplate normally has the same footprint as the T3 Lite/Hunter/Varmint etc. The UPR stock uses the CTR magsystem /footprint or? These will not match up. I guess rear action screw will go in front one won't? I only worked on a UPR stock once, never had one of my own.
Peter from PSE about T3/T1Xmagazine systems. Maybe you find an answer.

edi

Of course.... The UPR does use the CTR mag system.

I just noticed that T1X is also sold with the UPR stock. At least in Finland it is. At a quick glance, the trigger guard on that is a different shape.

Reactions: ejg
Of course.... The UPR does use the CTR mag system.

I just noticed that T1X is also sold with the UPR stock. At least in Finland it is. At a quick glance, the trigger guard on that is a different shape.
So two options with the UPR T1X, either stock has a different inlet which means new stock moulds or floorplate is made with the CTR footprint which means new floorplate mould (or 3d print). I often throw the T1X into my CTR stocks and had these made by a friend in alu.
This E-Tac stock normally runs Atlasworx CTR AICS or orig CTR mag systems.

M1GWgF6.jpg

edi

I saw that they list wooden grip, butt plate and cheek rest. Looks as if the wood kit is out of stock, though.
Has anybody used the lightweight chassis from Grey Birch Manufacturing Inc?

I saw that it was mentioned 2 years ago, but there was no more.
For what it's worth. I have my VQ 10/22 Lightweight with a 16.5" carbon barrel in the Grey Birch chassis. The key word for the chassis is Lightweight, with a March 1.5-15 scope (22 oz) the total weigh is 7 lb 6 oz. The chassis is 2 oz more than the original laminated thumb hole stock from VQ. that I liked a lot but I wanted the M-Lok rail and adjustability. It is a very nice chassis, well made and fits my VQ precisely. In no way does it compare to my PDC Custom chassis for my Vudoo. If you want slim and lightweight with adjustability, it fits well.

Attachments

• 7CF91A65-82EB-48BC-BF0C-80B3790EF3E7.jpeg
    7CF91A65-82EB-48BC-BF0C-80B3790EF3E7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • 792E8F9E-903D-475C-BB5C-5F6C0E152A1F.jpeg
    792E8F9E-903D-475C-BB5C-5F6C0E152A1F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
  • BF002B23-2EAA-44A1-9865-0417C9F5747B.jpeg
    BF002B23-2EAA-44A1-9865-0417C9F5747B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
Oh no, I had no idea this Grey Birch chassis existed and now I have to figure out a way to get one to me in Europe. 😂

Seriously, it checks all the boxes for me. If they would make one for the T3x with CTR mags too so I could have matching ergonomics I would be over the moon.