• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

@Scottie15 you have any pics of targets. I was thinking of selling my anschutz in 17 and buying one of these. My ANschutz only shoots A17 well. Nothing and I mean nothing else will it shoot.

Sure Preban - here is the only pic I had on my phone from the CCI green out of rifle #2. The testing I did on Sunday were the first rounds I had through rifle #2, and rounds 30 through 60 out of rifle #1. #1 has a 6x SWFA scope on it and rifle #2 has an Athlon 4.5-27. As you can imagine, I had slightly smaller groups with rifle #2 wearing a 4.5-27x scope.

I think the rifle has pretty good accuracy potential. I'm still getting used to shooting it and consistently threw rounds to 4 o'clock if I held the rifle loosely. Disclaimers - I was shooting quickly and am sure I could have tightened these up a bit, and I need to use smaller aiming points...

Last edited:
Reactions: Prebanpaul
Good to know Thanks. Do you self a favor and try A17. Do not know why, but mine Anschutz shoots like that at 100 yards. Anything else I run in it is a 2-3 inch group no lie.

Thanks for posting I appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I'm limited to lead-free for squirrel shooting here in CA thanks to the Department of Fish and Fairies.

@guns_not_groceries let me know how you did that bolt knob. I have a T1X and I have a bolt from the Tac A1. I see the set screw in the Tac A1 bolt knob. But there is no way to take T1X handle off.
there's an m5 screw in the t1x handle but you don't need to take it off to fit the plastic tikka knob. Unwind the screw to allow the plastic knob to come off - it has a plastic umbrella inside it that is opened when the screw is wound tight (gripping inside the metal tikka handle).
Screenshot_20190215-180551_Samsung Internet.jpg

Any T1X 17 HMR owners on here. Thinking about replacing my savage with one of these.

For those hoping there will be an AICS pattern mag, the magazine well that bolts to the bottom of the action houses the ejector. Removing the well to make it fit into a chassis and subbing it with an AICS sized mag would have to find another solution for the ejector.

I just ordered 3 more mags from Barretta. They were $35 but the code BAR15 did take 15% off so,...

and free shipping.

Reactions: derek1ee
Been watching and reading through this thread and am curious on those that have the .22LR version on what your overall thoughts are on the rifle. I am looking at picking one up, if I can find one in stock somewhere, but my only hesitation is I'm not a fan of Tikka's stocks. I know it is a fairly new rifle so aftermarket options aren't there yet, but I can wait for something to appear. Do you feel the T1X is a good trainer for the range compared to a CZ455/457, Ruger Precision 22 or other bolt action options? I'm leaning towards ordering one, but considering I can't fondle one before purchasing since neither of my 2 local FFLs carry Tikka, I value your opinions very much.
On a side note for comparison, how does the T1X compare to a T3 as far as bolt lift and trigger pull go?

Well, everything is subject to a person personal opinion. I have currently a ridiculous 10-22 set up that shoots .2-.4 at 50 yards. I shoot an Anschutz 1516 in 17hmr with the comp trigger. It shoots amazing. I have a Tikka T1X. Just bought it. I am currently waiting for the KRG stock, the sterk swept bolt, and putting the timney two stage trigger in it.

So my thoughts

1. The trigger on mine is reduced down to 2lbs and breaks cleanly
2. The stock is a little on the short side.
3. There are direct mount Picatinny rails for it. I have the DIP 25moa
4.I tried several different Ammo in it. It likes Federal match (otherwise known as RWS rifle) and CCI standard. I have seen several others report that CCI standard has worked really well for them. This is good because you can get it very cheap right now.
5. That being said for a light contour barrel they are pretty damn accurate. And the barrel is threaded.
6. The magazines I have found are good and bad. They feel strong and 95% of the time easy to load. Every now and then a round would not feed right when loading. To be fair it was 20 degrees outside and my hands might now have worked right.

So the good, hopefully soon there will be a lot of aftermarket parts coming online.

The bad, I have yet to see a Barrel maker step up and have barrel options for it I would love to see a Sendero or heavier barrel for it.

Just like the CZ and 10-22 this gun should be pretty modular. So for 420-460 to purchase new, it is a great little gun. Just like some of us NUTS out there I can't wait to drop 1k in a stock, trigger, swept bolt, heavy barrel........... It has become one of my favorite guns. Also, full disclosure I own a tikka tac A1, Sako 995, Sako Trg 42, so most of my bolt guns are the Sako/ Tikka platform. I might be a little partial.

What I can say is that I have owned CZ 452,453,455 and while they are great guns, I do like the action better on Tikka better.

Well, everything is subject to a person personal opinion. I have currently a ridiculous 10-22 set up that shoots .2-.4 at 50 yards. I shoot an Anschutz 1516 in 17hmr with the comp trigger. It shoots amazing. I have a Tikka T1X. Just bought it. I am currently waiting for the KRG stock, the sterk swept bolt, and putting the timney two stage trigger in it.

So my thoughts

1. The trigger on mine is reduced down to 2lbs and breaks cleanly
2. The stock is a little on the short side.
3. There are direct mount Picatinny rails for it. I have the DIP 25moa
4.I tried several different Ammo in it. It likes Federal match (otherwise known as RWS rifle) and CCI standard. I have seen several others report that CCI standard has worked really well for them. This is good because you can get it very cheap right now.
5. That being said for a light contour barrel they are pretty damn accurate. And the barrel is threaded.
6. The magazines I have found are good and bad. They feel strong and 95% of the time easy to load. Every now and then a round would not feed right when loading. To be fair it was 20 degrees outside and my hands might now have worked right.

So the good, hopefully soon there will be a lot of aftermarket parts coming online.

The bad, I have yet to see a Barrel maker step up and have barrel options for it I would love to see a Sendero or heavier barrel for it.

Just like the CZ and 10-22 this gun should be pretty modular. So for 420-460 to purchase new, it is a great little gun. Just like some of us NUTS out there I can't wait to drop 1k in a stock, trigger, swept bolt, heavy barrel........... It has become one of my favorite guns. Also, full disclosure I own a tikka tac A1, Sako 995, Sako Trg 42, so most of my bolt guns are the Sako/ Tikka platform. I might be a little partial.

What I can say is that I have owned CZ 452,453,455 and while they are great guns, I do like the action better on Tikka better.
That is exactly what I was wanting to read. I am a fan of Tikka, wish I had more than just the T3, but just haven't brought myself to pick anything else up. I was leaning towards purchasing a RPR .22, but after seeing Tikka offer the T1X, and it comes with a threaded barrel, I feel like the Tikka might be a better option. Thanks for your insight @Prebanpaul

Reactions: Prebanpaul
Been watching and reading through this thread and am curious on those that have the .22LR version on what your overall thoughts are on the rifle. I am looking at picking one up, if I can find one in stock somewhere, but my only hesitation is I'm not a fan of Tikka's stocks. I know it is a fairly new rifle so aftermarket options aren't there yet, but I can wait for something to appear. Do you feel the T1X is a good trainer for the range compared to a CZ455/457, Ruger Precision 22 or other bolt action options? I'm leaning towards ordering one, but considering I can't fondle one before purchasing since neither of my 2 local FFLs carry Tikka, I value your opinions very much.
On a side note for comparison, how does the T1X compare to a T3 as far as bolt lift and trigger pull go?

My T1X is shooting great. My trigger is below 1lb, with a YoDave trigger spring change. The bolt lift is better than my CZ 455 and the T1X trigger is cleaner ( both have YoDave springs ) I have a CZ 455 Varmint, it is a great gun, but the T1X is out shooting it so far. The stock is better than most factory stocks. I add a rubber butt pad, to add to LOP and better hold point. The factory butt pad is plastic like the stock. I like the Varmint stock on my CZ better, I may add a Boyd Pro Varmint later. You can see some of my groups above on this post.

Mark

Reactions: Akdodge88
Just picked up my t1x in 22lr. Did any of you notice accuracy improvements after “break in”. Just curious if i should start with the good ammo or use some of the bulk for a while.

Anyone try drilling out the factory stock to mount a bipod rail? I see mention of a metal strip on an earlier page. I was thinking some kind of T-bolt drilled and epoxied. Any other options?

Should I worry thats it's 1/16.5 twist? most 22lr are 1/16.

I'm just doing some hard thinking to see if i want it. A lot of people have talked about changing parts that aren't even on the market let alone owning the gun and that worries me.

Will Tikka make a lot of different models like the Ruger 10/22? One with a bull barrel, carbine, lite, or a sporter one down the road? would I have to get a gun smith involved if I wanted a bull barrel?

Right now the only thing that I love about the T1X is the "bolt action" feature. It's a cute little throw that's unique to Tikka. but the mag sucks, finding more of them sucks. its a thin barrel, KRG Bravo is "COMING" that could take who knows how long. I know the current bravo "works" with modding but i'm not going to drop that coin to F*#@! up a chassis.

I look at the CZ 457 trainer, that's a complete rifle for me or even the new Ruger custom shop 10/22.

Last edited:
@CarbonMTN Sounds like you have a lot of anxiety and question marks around this rifle. Maybe it's just not for you? It's $430 bucks, who cares?
If it helps you any, the KRG Bravo for Tikka T1x is already posted on the KRG site, are you aware of that? Last week it was not listed at all.

If you're looking for guidance around what Tikka will do in terms of variants, maybe give their rep a call, or perhaps look at the different variants of the T3 line as a potential indicator? have you talked to Tikka or called your local Tikka dealer?

I just bought and built up the CZ 457 Varmint and it shoots amazingly well .75" at windy 100 yards with friggen CCI MiniMag, and the action, fit and finish is beautiful. My T1X comes in about a month. Why not get both, build them up, shoot them, and decide what you want to keep if not both? Maybe you like em both for different reasons! I have a Tikka T3A1 TAC, and can attest to Tikka quality and crazy accuracy. Amazing rifles for the money. Can't go wrong with either. What are your concerns with mags? I ordered up 3 from Whittakers last week, their sitting on my shelf, and people are buying them up cheap on the Berretta site every day for 23 bucks shipped. What's wrong with the mags? lol

Should I worry thats it's 1/16.5 twist? most 22lr are 1/16.

I'm just doing some hard thinking to see if i want it. A lot of people have talked about changing parts that aren't even on the market let alone owning the gun and that worries me.

Will Tikka make a lot of different models like the Ruger 10/22? One with a bull barrel, carbine, lite, or a sporter one down the road? would I have to get a gun smith involved if I wanted a bull barrel?

Right now the only thing that I love about the T1X is the "bolt action" feature. It's a cute little throw that's unique to Tikka. but the mag sucks, finding more of them sucks. its a thin barrel, KRG Bravo is "COMING" that could take who knows how long. I know the current bravo "works" with modding but i'm not going to drop that coin to F*#@! up a chassis.

I look at the CZ 457 trainer, that's a complete rifle for me or even the new Ruger custom shop 10/22.

As far as the barrel's accuracy. My T1X it is very accurate, see my post above. It will out shoot my CZ 455 Varmint, but a few 0.1"

As far as changing parts, I added a rubber butt pad, and changed the trigger spring with a YoDave spring, both T3 parts.

As far as the mags, I don't understand why so many don't like the mag. I love it, It is much easer to insert than a CZ mag. You can push it in with you palm, and Beretta has them in stock.

The bolt throw is very nice but, not unique to Tikka any longer. The CZ 457 has the same 60 degree throw, same bolt release on the outside of the action, like the T1X, and the trigger is nearly the same as T1X. The T1X trigger is the best Stock trigger I have seen in a gun in this price range.

Mark

I will tell you it’s night and day different to insert the magazine vs a CZ or Anschutz. Mine shoots really well. I bought 6 mags from 3 of them beretta and 3 from Whittaker’s.

Reactions: silentheart
As far as the barrel's accuracy. My T1X it is very accurate, see my post above. It will out shoot my CZ 455 Varmint, but a few 0.1"

As far as changing parts, I added a rubber butt pad, and changed the trigger spring with a YoDave spring, both T3 parts.

As far as the mags, I don't understand why so many don't like the mag. I love it, It is much easer to insert than a CZ mag. You can push it in with you palm, and Beretta has them in stock.

The bolt throw is very nice but, not unique to Tikka any longer. The CZ 457 has the same 60 degree throw, same bolt release on the outside of the action, like the T1X, and the trigger is nearly the same as T1X. The T1X trigger is the best Stock trigger I have seen in a gun in this price range.

Mark
The bolt throw is unique to tikka because the tikka has a 50 degree bolt throw and the cz has a 60 degree bolt throw

@CarbonMTN Sounds like you have a lot of anxiety and question marks around this rifle. Maybe it's just not for you? It's $430 bucks, who cares?
If it helps you any, the KRG Bravo for Tikka T1x is already posted on the KRG site, are you aware of that? Last week it was not listed at all.

If you're looking for guidance around what Tikka will do in terms of variants, maybe give their rep a call, or perhaps look at the different variants of the T3 line as a potential indicator? have you talked to Tikka or called your local Tikka dealer?

I just bought and built up the CZ 457 Varmint and it shoots amazingly well .75" at windy 100 yards with friggen CCI MiniMag, and the action, fit and finish is beautiful. My T1X comes in about a month. Why not get both, build them up, shoot them, and decide what you want to keep if not both? Maybe you like em both for different reasons! I have a Tikka T3A1 TAC, and can attest to Tikka quality and crazy accuracy. Amazing rifles for the money. Can't go wrong with either. What are your concerns with mags? I ordered up 3 from Whittakers last week, their sitting on my shelf, and people are buying them up cheap on the Berretta site every day for 23 bucks shipped. What's wrong with the mags? lol

Was the stock only listed on the site or did they have some in stock? They show out of stock in all colors on KRG’s website for the T1x

Anyone have any leads on a T1X in .22 available to order? My local FFL hasn’t heard back from their Tikka supplier.

Was the stock only listed on the site or did they have some in stock? They show out of stock in all colors on KRG’s website for the T1x

Anyone have any leads on a T1X in .22 available to order? My local FFL hasn’t heard back from their Tikka supplier.
Maybe call EuroOptic to check their backorder times. I had heard all the stuff in this thread about wait times so about 3 weeks ago I backordered one from EuroOptic. They told me not to expect much for 6 months. Two days later, they call me and say they've got it and ready to ship. So by some stroke of luck I got mine recently and remarkably fast.

Backordered the t1x rail from DIP 10 days ago. Got it today. Thank you to DIP.
Pro
Quick shipping
Price is good
Fits good and solid
Looks precision made

Con
Instruction on a thin strip paper.

Interesting point
Dove tailed. You have to slide it in from front or back. That makes no movement from side to side.
Just mounted on my wife’s t1x. Testing it on Monday.

got it from eurooptic this last summer, they had them half off! this one is the GRS sporter 103510-GRS . I knew I would want the T1x as my trainer NRL22 rifle, so I bought the stock for it 6mo before the rifle even released. I run a GRS Berserk on my 260 match rifle, so this is a direct copy for training.

SO i assume you like the GRS stocks ? I am considering a GRS Hybrid for my CZ455, for use mainly for prone 50m and 100m. Any comments ? Do you prefer the GRS to say an MDT Oryx chassis ? Comfort and accuracy are my main considerations, although i must admit i like the 'look' of the GRS stocks

Maybe call EuroOptic to check their backorder times. I had heard all the stuff in this thread about wait times so about 3 weeks ago I backordered one from EuroOptic. They told me not to expect much for 6 months. Two days later, they call me and say they've got it and ready to ship. So by some stroke of luck I got mine recently and remarkably fast.
Thanks for the tip, called them and placed an order. I’m number three on the backorder list.
Now to patiently impatiently wait, and try to decide which stock to get. What stocks have people installed that haven’t required modifications?

SO i assume you like the GRS stocks ? I am considering a GRS Hybrid for my CZ455, for use mainly for prone 50m and 100m. Any comments ? Do you prefer the GRS to say an MDT Oryx chassis ? Comfort and accuracy are my main considerations, although i must admit i like the 'look' of the GRS stocks

GRS stocks have to be one of the most underrated accessories out there. They are light (compared to metal chassis), solid, fully adjustable, ergonomic and totally free floated. If you get the composite stocks they don't require bedding. The laminate stocks are gorgeous and bedding them is pretty straightforward.

Eurooptic has lots if them in stock and will give a pretty steep discount if you call. I just bought a Bifrost, it's pretty amazing. Paid $550 shipped. Weighs just under 3 pounds. I wouldn't mind one of those 31oz carbon fiber stocks but I'll trade a few more ounces for full adjustability, better ergonomics, in stock availability and cheaper price.

-Stooxie

@Stooxie thanks for the heads up - but there appears to be a 70 day delay on the GRS Hybrids :-(

ROFL - so your philosophy is waiting "forever" doesn't have any relationship to calendar time ;-) :cool:

Uhhh, I'm not following you. 70 days is just over two months, I've heard much longer than that for some other stocks. Obviously plenty of other choices are stocked, though, if you need something now. ?

-Stooxie

Took the T1X out today. Shot at 100 yards. Winds were left to right. Aguila PM, SE, and RM all shot 1.75". CCI SV shot 2.0" with a flier that enlarged the group. Shot Norma Match 1" and 3/4".
I will get out again and try different stock torques.

Reactions: Sledge1 and Sieg
Uhhh, I'm not following you. 70 days is just over two months, I've heard much longer than that for some other stocks. Obviously plenty of other choices are stocked, though, if you need something now. ?

-Stooxie
Im just an impatient old cuss that likes to get things as soon as i decide i want them ! instead of learning patience i seem to be getting further from it .... ;-)

Reactions: Stooxie and Big Bo
Anyone try drilling out the factory stock to mount a bipod rail? I see mention of a metal strip on an earlier page. I was thinking some kind of T-bolt drilled and epoxied. Any other options?

To answer my own question. Yes a #10-32 x5/16 t bolt from home depot does the trick. Using 2.5” seekins srs rail the bolt sits in nicely in the stock. Requires about 1/4” of stock webbing to be dremmeled out. 31A69741-F2A0-4AFC-80D0-30CB113A66F4.jpeg

when i saw the KRG Bravo on the site, they had added it to the selections, but did not have any in stock. when i emailed them to ask, they said they expected to have them in April. I was surprise to see the stock added to the list, maybe they are just making people aware so they build interest and drive sales. I am def waiting for their bravo stock. in terms of ordering, Brownells told me they are expecting a large shipment late march. i am preordered through them. btw, i'm shooting my CZ 457 Varmint in the meantime and absolutely love it.

Has anyone done velocity tests on the 22LR? Just wondering if the 20" barrel has any negative affects on velocity.