• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

.Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered 2.

86alaskan - thanks for the info for the trigger spring, I ordered that yesterday. I need to be ready for the next match!

Brownells shipped my T1X yesterday. I ordered it last November. $413 out the door.

Got mine from Brownells about two weeks ago. I used a $35 off coupon with free shipping from a couple of months ago. $443 delivered with the $10 gun processing fee they charge.

What action screw torque are you guys using on the T1X? I see their specs are 44 in/lbs for plastic trigger guard rifles but not sure if that applies to the T1X.

I was 22nd in line at Whittakers. Got it mocked up tonight. Will attack the Bravo with the mill this weekend.

FA17B291-3064-4F36-B706-9E9EF2CF5EEC.jpeg

I was 22nd in line at Whittakers. Got it mocked up tonight. Will attack the Bravo with the mill this weekend.

Post detailed pics if you have the time. I don't want to wait until April to get my Bravo. Picked my trainer up yesterday. As a side note are yall leaving the plastic thing in the barrel channel or taking it out?

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I want to see how the mags work in that bravo after you get it fit. I just can't wrap my head around it. Looks great in the bravo!

I want to see how the mags work in that bravo after you get it fit. I just can't wrap my head around it. Looks great in the bravo!
If you watch the 2019 Shot Show interview it will give you an idea as to how the mag sits in the stock.

Put the first few hundred rounds through mine recently. I found the bolt lift to be quite heavy. Ive really got to get a solid hold on the stock with my off hand to run the bolt. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for the Beretta tip, just ordered a few. Oh, and I put my name on the list at my LGS for a T1X. :)

that's a stellar deal at berreta. i did whittakers this morning and paid like 70 shipped for two. (n) i also have two mags, no rifle .....yet. lol

You guys should ask Euro Optic about their Tikka availability. I saw the time estimates in here so I put in a pre-order with them two weeks go. They told me not to expect much for 6 months. 3 days later I get their email that my gun is ready to ship.

Reactions: fastdiablo
Put the first few hundred rounds through mine recently. I found the bolt lift to be quite heavy. Ive really got to get a solid hold on the stock with my off hand to run the bolt. Anyone else have this issue?

When I let the tension off the spring for the bolt mine is incredibly difficult to cycle. I don't even know if your supposed to do that but dad always taught me to take the tension off to store a rifle. I've stopped doing it with this rifle since it makes it so difficult to cycle the bolt the first time.

Normal function though I can pretty easily work mine with my pointer finger, I did drop a little Wilson Ultima lube on the bolt and work it 100 times or so when I first got the rifle, but honestly it doesn't feel any different now.

THANKS! That's what I wanted to see. I haven't taken mine apart yet, so I could get how the T1x mag would work in the bigger magwell. So how does it work? No problem dropping or putting the mag in? Thanks for the pics I appreciate it!

Reactions: 17rupert
THANKS! That's what I wanted to see. I haven't taken mine apart yet, so I could get how the T1x mag would work in the bigger magwell. So how does it work? No problem dropping or putting the mag in? Thanks for the pics I appreciate it!
I've had one in a krg bravo since late November-ish. Over a couple of thousand through it now, no issues on dropping the mag but havent really done a lot of reloading drills on the clock as I have only had 1 per rifle- until I get my europtic package...

Thanks for the info, looks like a simple mod to any chassis to make it fit. I just got mine this week and the factory stock doesn't feel right to me.

I will pickup my T1X on Monday. Will put it in the T3X CTR stock until KRG has the T1X stocks available.

When I let the tension off the spring for the bolt mine is incredibly difficult to cycle. I don't even know if your supposed to do that but dad always taught me to take the tension off to store a rifle. I've stopped doing it with this rifle since it makes it so difficult to cycle the bolt the first time.

Normal function though I can pretty easily work mine with my pointer finger, I did drop a little Wilson Ultima lube on the bolt and work it 100 times or so when I first got the rifle, but honestly it doesn't feel any different now.

I definitely can’t run the bolt with my pointer finger. I’ll drop some oil on the bolt and shoot it some more. Maybe it will get better, but I don’t really understanding the mechanics of bolt lift and cocking that causing the problem.

Any ideas where I might be able to find a T3X CTR stock? Or should I just live with the factory stock until the KRG Bravo comes out?

Boyds' has them if you looking for a wood laminate. The AT One thumb hole looks pretty good.

That Bravo KRG chassis looks nice. Thanks for posting the 6.5 Guys video.

I received two 10 round mags yesterday from Euro Optics - I ordered them last Thrusday 1-31, and they came on Monday. They were really tight - took a good deal force to pack the 10th round in the new mags.

Two out of three that I got from Whitakers had a similar problem. Does anyone know how to disassemble the mags?

Happen to have any shots of how you solved for the front attachment point of the Bravo trigger guard? The T1x magwell bolt interferes, big time.

No photo's but a pretty decent description of what I had to do to the krg is somewhere around page 10 or so and the mpa and tikka tac t3x chassis modifications are a little later in the thread. How you reengineer the triggergaurd is probably limited to the tools on hand / your skills but you could probably do it with tig welds, dowel or tension pins or drill and tap for flat head screws,take head to my comments on how Justin skelotonized the triggergaurd, there isn't a lot of extra meat, plan it out before you do it....

@cannoncrossfire

The chassis backbone is attached to the triggergaurd by a button head screw in front and the action screw in back.

Unfortunately the T1x mag housing bolts to the action with a rather large metric shcs. (See my post a few pages back for pictures) You will have to reengineer the front triggergaurd attachment as you have to mill through hole for the button head to provide clearance for the shcs. I trimmed the head of the shcs on a lathe to minimize the amount of material removed but still cut all the way through the centersection of backbone and down into the triggergaurd.To allow the mag to seat the front of the triggergaurd will have to be milled to allow for the basepad as the mag seats.

@Massoud did a really good job of skeletonizing the triggergaurd so plan your front attachment well, there isn't a lot of extra "meat" a traditional solid xlr/mdt/mcree would be a lot easier to modify probably
Modifications necessary:
Make clearance cuts for shcs on mag housing and bolt stop
View attachment 6982373
No bolt stop was molested in this modification like suggested by another posterView attachment 6982375
On both chassis I have modified the mag catch had to be removed and approximately. 050 removed from the back of the magwell to a certain point to allow the mag to fully seat.View attachment 6982376

No photo's but a pretty decent description of what I had to do to the krg is somewhere around page 10 or so and the mpa and tikka tac t3x chassis modifications are a little later in the thread. How you reengineer the triggergaurd is probably limited to the tools on hand / your skills but you could probably do it with tig welds, dowel or tension pins or drill and tap for flat head screws,take head to my comments on how Justin skelotonized the triggergaurd, there isn't a lot of extra meat, plan it out before you do it....

Thanks for the summation, Skinnj. Luckily I have access to a lathe and mill that I'm familiar with. I did reach out to Moussod (w/ KRG) to see if he could/would share how they solved it on the t1x Bravo they brought to SHOT, but haven't heard back. I would assume it's a whole new trigger guard design.

This is fun. DIP rail came. Then the rings and bubble levels. Scope came in. Tomorrow I will pick up the T1X .22lr and put it all together. I will have to wait for about 2 weeks to shoot it, work schedule.

BIG shout out to guns not groceries for the tip on Beretta Promo Code. 3 mags on the way.

SWEET.

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
Could you post a picture of where you applied the grease?

This is where I greased the bolt (grease is red in pic). Made a noticeable improvement in reducing bolt lift force. Follow at your own risk. Lol.

Attachments

• CCD2FFAF-35D5-464E-84BF-C1D167925807.jpeg
    CCD2FFAF-35D5-464E-84BF-C1D167925807.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 311
Alright fellas. Here's one way to make a t1x fit in a Bravo. Main issue is interference between the front attachment point of the Bravo trigger guard, and the t1x magwell attachment point. This post will be process, next post will be finished product.

First, a teaser:
IMG_0313.jpg

Here's the interference problem:
IMG_0287.jpg

My solution was to cut away the bridge where the front of the trigger guard used to bolt, to allow clearance for the magwell and bolt. I then moved the mounting point for the trigger guard lower by machining a piece of 7075 to slide into the Bravo's channel.
IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg
IMG_0294.jpg
IMG_0295.jpg
IMG_0299.jpg
IMG_0300.jpg

Once the trigger guard was cut down, we lost the threads. Retapping:
IMG_0308.jpg

Last edited:
EuroOptic has Tx1 Contessa Picatinny rails 59.00 and Tx1 mags (22) 35.00. As of this afternoon.

Reactions: sarxsvt
EuroOptic has Tx1 Contessa Picatinny rails 59.00 and Tx1 mags (22) 35.00. As of this afternoon.

Thanks for the heads up on the rail!! Was waiting for a 20 MOA.

Do we know a torque spec for contessa? 10ish inch lbs maybe?

Got some more mags from Beretta. Thanks for the tip. Shot the 17's this weekend and had pretty good luck with the CCI Green. Hornady NTX was good, but not quite as tight. (have to shoot non-lead for gr. squirrels in CA :poop:)