• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

The more I read about this rifle the more I want it.
May can't get here soon enough. Thanks dino67 for posting your take on this gun.

Someone pointed out an another forum that the action extends further up the barrel. You can kind of see it in the pictures as well .

I am curious if that is what extends the action screw spacing enough to fit in regular T3 accessories. One of these in an MPA would be pretty sweet.

Found this post over on Ar15 - not me but interesting

“Just listened to the Beretta Shot Show webcast.

Threads are 1/2x28 for US markets.
16" barrel SKUs supposed to be coming "in a month or so".
Mags are supposed to cost "25 to 30" dollars.
Everything is T3/T3x footprint to keep aftermarket compatibility.
The T1x receiver is shorter on top but what you so going under the stock is the receiver extending to T3 length underneath.
No plans for stainless version at the moment. Maybe for next year.
Trigger is the same as the T3/T3x.
Barrels are not switchable (ala the Quad) but they said that they are held in by two loc-tited screws so changing calibers, while not quick, could be possible.
T3/T3x rings and bases will work

They also said that Beretta is trying to work out a solution for giving the US access to the zillions of Tikka and Sako models that aren't currently imported.” (Source ar15.com).

Reactions: rsb and RO'K

“Just listened to the Beretta Shot Show webcast.

Threads are 1/2x28 for US markets.
16" barrel SKUs supposed to be coming "in a month or so".
Mags are supposed to cost "25 to 30" dollars.
Everything is T3/T3x footprint to keep aftermarket compatibility.
The T1x receiver is shorter on top but what you so going under the stock is the receiver extending to T3 length underneath.
No plans for stainless version at the moment. Maybe for next year.
Trigger is the same as the T3/T3x.
Barrels are not switchable (ala the Quad) but they said that they are held in by two loc-tited screws so changing calibers, while not quick, could be possible.
T3/T3x rings and bases will work

They also said that Beretta is trying to work out a solution for giving the US access to the zillions of Tikka and Sako models that aren't currently imported.” (Source ar15.com).

The more I learn about this the more I like it.

-snip-

I've been searching a Tikka T3 Super Varmint in .204. Canada gets it but not the US.

Can't believe the receiver isn't drilled and tapped so we can use a rail and the rings of our choice...that stinks...

Can't believe the receiver isn't drilled and tapped so we can use a rail and the rings of our choice...that stinks...
well what are these holes for then?....

Attachments

• 20180125_215106.jpg
    20180125_215106.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 399
Reactions: ZG47A
Looks to me that is like the T3X, you can use "Tikka like" rings or get a rail and put whatever you like on top of it.

I know the footprint is the same as the T3 but I wonder how the DBM will work with T3 stocks.

One of these in a Grayboe (supposedly coming for the T3) would be a pretty killer combo for 22 matches.

Looks like you should be able to drop this action into a Manners adjustable stock for around $1300 total, about $300 more than I’ll have into a KIDD 10/22 in a Titan stock. If the action feels nice and the factory barrel shoots .5” or better with decent ammo at 50 yards I’d say this will be a winner.

On my other Tikka(s), those holes are for the bottom pin used on the Tikka Optilock bases .
Well on my 2x Tikka T3's there are 4x tapped/threaded holes and 1x recoil pin hole. The holes are difficult to see if they are 100% threaded but if they aren't threaded I'll shove a tap through the holes for rail mounting. In a video from Shot show with the guy from Sako/Tikka it's mentioned it's an 11mm rail, but I am sure we will find out about the 4 holes soon. Even threaded holes can still have a smooth pin put through them.

In regards to the bottom metal, I would say it's either the standard Tikka trigger guard inlet or the same as their CTR.

The bolt handle reminds me of the sako Quad in how it appears to attach, and the video states the bolt body itself is stainless steel. The shroud is definitely different but is designed in line with the T3/T3x appearance.

While the “drop this in any stock or chassis” idea sounds good still problems to solve. The mag is for “standard” T3 mag-well cuts. Same footprint as standard mag not CTR or AICS...adapter will need to be designed and fabricated, I think.

I saw someone post that the mag well is integrated into the bottom of the action. If that’s the case maybe it’ll drop in a chassis with a gap around it? I’m curious to see one out of a stock.

Someone will be all over a dbm for Vudoo mags and these. I'd put money on it.

What does that mean for the bravo chassis?

I want to know the same thing. Why would they keep the T3 style foot print if you have to use the factory floor plate. I sure hope not as I sure wanted a T1X and a Bravo combo.

Guys, it's a little tiny mag in a floorplate with the same dimensions as the T3. Not even the slightest idea how anyone would think it'd drop in an aftermarket chassis designed for AICS mags and work.

Though with any luck, we are headed that way.

I saw a picture of the bottom metal (or plastic) the other day and it looked to me like the mag release lever is part of the BM...

Reactions: Afkirby
Would be curious to see how these fit in the Manners stocks. On Manners site it mentions that the T3 stocks need the CDI BM...

Ben

I’m waiting for some clarification on stocks before I order. If it won’t work then I’ll just get a Manners CZ455

Would be curious to see how these fit in the Manners stocks. On Manners site it mentions that the T3 stocks need the CDI BM...

Ben

No that is an option. I have one with CTR DBM cut and they will inlet for the standard floor plate as well. An EH4 with the 16" barrel would be nice.

Reactions: ZG47A
No that is an option. I have one with CTR DBM cut and they will inlet for the standard floor plate as well. An EH4 with the 16" barrel would be nice.

Awesome, I was just going off of what the site said. They might need to update it.. Do we know the inlet for the T1x yet, is it the standard floorplate? My apologies if I've missed it in the last 5 pages..

Ben

Has anyone shot this yet? Other than the Sako video...Haven't heard a range report yet.....Full disclosure ....I have a 22 on pre-order just curious

"Quote"
Hey Tom any idea how the new Tikka T1X will fit into your stocks? Mostly curious about the bottom metal. Thought you might have gotten a chance to look it over at Shot Show. Be really awesome if the T1X would fit into one of these new Tikka mini chassis you are rolling out this year! Thanks for your time!

Ben
Hi ben y, The new t1x looks amazing, I'm actually trying to pullsome strings to get one in my hands before they are released. Everything looks like it's going to be a drop in. I don't think there will be any issues with the action, but I need to verify the bottom metal. Iam hoping that we can just get it to work with the ctr mini chassis. The inlet in the stock will be different and we might have to do a slight mod to the chassis but it looks very promising. I will post up once I get more info. Thank you"Quote"

This was taken from the thread about Manners new products for 2018. This is why Manners will have my business, if the owner replying to customer questions isn't good customer service I don't know what is! Also looks like good news for the T1X!

Ben

Reactions: ZG47A and daylate
I wonder if the Vudoo 22LR AICS style mags will work with the T1X in a chassis.

If not I guess there will be a market for either an AICS magwell adapter for the Tikka 22LR mags or an AICS 22LR magazine that fits the Tikka action.

I wonder if the Vudoo 22LR AICS style mags will work with the T1X in a chassis.

If not I guess there will be a market for either an AICS magwell adapter for the Tikka 22LR mags or an AICS 22LR magazine that fits the Tikka action.

That would be awesome if they did, but highly doubtful. The Vudoo mags put the 22lr rounds all the way forward in the mag and I think would have to be moved rearward to jive with the Tikka. 100% speculation on my part though. I could see Vudoo making mags that would work in the future. Man, wouldn't that be cool?

Reactions: BenY 2013
That would be awesome if they did, but highly doubtful. The Vudoo mags put the 22lr rounds all the way forward in the mag and I think would have to be moved rearward to jive with the Tikka. 100% speculation on my part though. I could see Vudoo making mags that would work in the future. Man, wouldn't that be cool?

My ideal setup would be to get the tikka t1x to fit in my cadex chassis and use the vudoo mags.

I'm going with the 17 hmr first and may pick up the 22 later. I like my 455 but I like the feel of my t3x more. If the t1x is anything likes it's older brother I may give the 455 to my wife and go ahead with the 22.

I was very close to buying the CZ 455 in 22 lr.

Now, I gotta wait for this Tikka.

I have had a few Tikka center fires and they have all been very accurate.

Hoping the T1X is just as good.

My 17hmr Tx1 that I have on pre order is going to go into a Bell & Carlson Medalist stock with the aluminum bedding block like on the HS Precision stocks that I have waiting for it. The only thing that it will more than likely need is to open the barrel channel up some for the barrel. I think it is going to be a sweet little small game rig.

My rimfire arsenal is going to grow by two when Scheel's gets these in....

For me, it is all about how well it shoots. I will wait to see a good number of reviews on how it groups. I held off purchasing the RPR because it shoots just as it is priced.

Got E-mail from Whittaker's yesterday going to be delayed to end of May first part of June...something about ATF taking longer than usual for approval...I guess still better than suppressor wait....