• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

The issue is the bottom metal/mags

More than likely the issue with the bottom metal is like putting any other standard 22 in a chassis where you have to use the "bottom metal" (the part that holds the mag). I hope the only thing that might be needed is a little clearance work on the front, but from the look of the placement of the ejection port they might have it back far enough to just drop into an AICS magazine inlet.

If anyone preordered a 17HMR and won’t keep it, I’m interested in yours as I didn’t get in on it soon enough.

Over in UK, I called the distributor, and they say they probably wont be sending them to stores till July (end)

I was thinking about the bottom metal issue. Vudoo magazine is well done and thought out. A lot of people will be wanting to make this into a trainer and drop it into an aftermarket stock. The problem with that is, a lot of companies make an aftermarket stock, that takes AICS mags. Their mag is not going to work, It will work in the stocks that take the standard T3 magazine. Any companies make an aftermarket that will still use that T3 mag. I don't think this is going to work in the TAC A1 chassis or the CTR.

Just cancelled my order. This is turning into a mini cluster****.

Not interested in dealing with anything like that. I have .22 rifle so I'm not "missing out" and can always buy it later for a few $$ more.

Jeez, this still isn't out?

We still need to confirm if the bottom metal will be an issue since we know it'll drop into Tikka inlets.

Still need to confirm a Tikka rail will the holes on the receiver.

Anyone know if bolt handles for a T3 will interchange. Looks like no along with shrouds

Not to be a dick and strictly speaking for myself:
22lr is a seperate place for me To go. My "trainer" a slightly lighter and cheaper to shoot is a 223. Repeatable ballistics and multi use.
This Tikka no doubt will be fitted just about anything that is asked for.
I am staying in and just hope it is worthy of keeping. My hopes are that it is a good 22.

That sucks, called around today and hit a brick wall every where. Didn’t know if it was just because I’m so far back in the hills.

Anyone seen one in the wild?
Yes we do.
x4R2eMz.jpg

Attachments

• tikka t1x 6.jpg
    tikka t1x 6.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 377
Got a call back from Bob Wards today and they expect to receive the 22lr version late Oct. Time will tell....

Got a call back from Bob Wards today and they expect to receive the 22lr version late Oct. Time will tell....

Info on the stock you put it in? And what your plan is for mags?

Dave

There are no magazine yet for the AICS chassis in to Tikka T1X, still waiting the first one to drop in the market.
I just drop the T1X in to a KRG Bravo, to see what it looks like and would the original magazine feed the ammo, if the chassis is mounted.
Magazine lips are in the right place when i tryed that, but there is nothing that holds the magazine on the place.
AICS 22lr magazine or adapter is the thing what people are waiting.
Adapter might be easier to do than the whole magazine for the AICS system chassis.
tikka-t1x-3-jpg.6921216

tikka-t1x-5-jpg.6921218

I'm definitely looking forward to getting a T1x. As noted, it just needs an adaptor for aics chassis'. I know everyone hopes the accuracy is really good, and I do as well, but I also hope they come out with a 22wmr version.

There are no magazine yet for the AICS chassis in to Tikka T1X, still waiting the first one to drop in the market.
I just drop the T1X in to a KRG Bravo, to see what it looks like and would the original magazine feed the ammo, if the chassis is mounted.
Magazine lips are in the right place when i tryed that, but there is nothing that holds the magazine on the place.
Adapter might be easier to do than the whole magazine for the AICS system chassis.
tikka-t1x-3-jpg.6921216

tikka-t1x-5-jpg.6921218

Thanks for the info and pics, I'm interested in putting one in a bBravo when they finally arrive in the US. I think an adapter will wind up working the best.

Dave

tikka-t1x-3-jpg.6921216

tikka-t1x-5-jpg.6921218

This is very disappointing. In their SHOT show Q&A, The T1x rep specifically said the magazine well and release were attached to the action, and therefore can drop inside existing aftermarket T3/T3x stocks. Ala cz452/453/455.

This is very disappointing. In their SHOT show Q&A, The T1x rep specifically said the magazine well and release were attached to the action, and therefore can drop inside existing aftermarket T3/T3x stocks. Ala cz452/453/455.

I'd forgotton about that, mostly because we've been waiting so long for them to release!

Dave

I'd forgotton about that, mostly because we've been waiting so long for them to release!

Dave
Not sure where the good news is in this I just got from Whittaker's.......shoot should of did another form 4.…probably would of beat it here....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180717-101037.png
    Screenshot_20180717-101037.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 379
I will be waiting for my t1x 22lr faithfully. Unless a sexy walther kk500 or a nice anschutz shows up first.

Not sure where the good news is in this I just got from Whittaker's.......shoot should of did another form 4.…probably would of beat it here....
I called uk distributor and was told they have shipment of .17, enough for maybe 1 per dealer, then more in September and the remainder in October. They said they won’t have .22 until October.
The also said there was no recall. Delay from now on is due to August shutting down in Finland for holidays.

This KRG chassis is using AICS magazine, so now you are not talking the same thing.
That T1X can be used with any Tikka T3/X chassis, that use that normal Tikka magazine, not CTR, Wildboar, Artic, but all the other Tikka models it is working.
Aftermarket chassis, like GRS is ready to drop in this T1X rifle, and there are few other too, but GRS is one of the best, that use the factory Tikka plastic bottom metal.
Stockys have plenty to choose, just remember, do not choose CTR stock, because that model use different magazine.
https://www.stockysstocks.com/stock-finder/tikka.html

And i bet my balls off, that there will be magazine, or magazine adapter later from some manufacturer, and then this T1X rifle can be used
in any AICS magazine feeding chassis.

Makes me wonder...if Accurate Mag could take their .223 Mag (AICS with a plastic insert and follower) and do the same thing for the T1X (obviously with the position changed to meet the T1X dimensions).

Hey Accurate Mag, you listening? :)

This KRG chassis is using AICS magazine, so now you are not talking the same thing.
That T1X can be used with any Tikka T3/X chassis, that use that normal Tikka magazine, not CTR, Wildboar, Artic, but all the other Tikka models it is working.
Aftermarket chassis, like GRS is ready to drop in this T1X rifle, and there are few other too, but GRS is one of the best, that use the factory Tikka plastic bottom metal.
Stockys have plenty to choose, just remember, do not choose CTR stock, because that model use different magazine.

And i bet my balls off, that there will be magazine, or magazine adapter later from some manufacturer, and then this T1X rifle can be used

Don't believe we're tracking. The explanation given by the t1x rep was that the magazine well and magazine release were attached to the receiver. If that were the case, while attached to the receiver, it would exist inside the aics/ctr opening and still except the t1x magazine. No need for an adapter or the creation of an aics- or ctr-pattern t1x magazine. To me, that was a HUGE selling point so I can have trainer rifle in the same aftermarket stocks as my CTR.

They missed the mark if that's the case. I would think aftermarket stocks for the CTR would be the most popular.

Manners T4A Tikka CTR drop-in stock

Last edited: