• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Well finally cancelled my order and went with the CZ 455 since I already bought the rail for my T1X :)

It is pretty rediculous to offer something that you have and it not make it out for over 10 months. I am trying to hold out for the 22, I already canceled my 17 order and went with the Anschutz, I am about to have a matching one soon.

I'm in New Zealand, the 17hmr has been available here for about a month now.
Some 22lr models arrived a few days ago and I bought one.

Ive put up a review on Rimfire central, but can post one here or answer any questions of folk are interested.
In particular have pictures of the action out of the stock, people will be glad to know it'll slot straight into a chassis and will still work with the factory magazine.

Reactions: Tiger_Shilone
I'm in New Zealand, the 17hmr has been available here for about a month now.
Some 22lr models arrived a few days ago and I bought one.

Ive put up a review on Rimfire central, but can post one here or answer any questions of folk are interested.
In particular have pictures of the action out of the stock, people will be glad to know it'll slot straight into a chassis and will still work with the factory magazine.

I would love a range report! Also can you tell how the barrel is attached to the action? How does it cycle? How does the action feel?

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139537

Rather than copy and paste the whole article again, I'll just link it.
I'll try do a write up and review more suited to the Hide once I've had a bit more time with it.

There are pictures of the action showing the barrel attachment, as well as the magazine system.
Cycling was a little stiff to start with, but has broken in a bit with 45 shots. Function was flawless, with no failures to feed or extract, bolt feels really really good, very fast and snappy, bolt lift is very minimal and takes not much effort even on cocking, bolt hitting scope eyepiece will not be a problem.

Mj3MMAs.jpg

Anyone else's T1X has a gap between the bolt shroud and the receiver? ? Bolt is not cocked. Doesn't seem to be the case in T3X.

looks like they are here. Eurooptic are showing the 17hmr. Only problem is they have them at $478 I will wait for my dealer to get one for $410

Spoke with the folks at Eurooptic yesterday. They got in 25 17 HMRs and it appears they have all sold now. The Sako guys who came by their shop earlier this month indicated that 22 LR rifles would be here around Christmas. Apparently the first run of 17's was only 500 rifles - either total, or total to the US, not sure which.

How are the triggers on these guns? Are you able to use T3 trigger parts to try and improve them?

Spoke with the folks at Eurooptic yesterday. They got in 25 17 HMRs and it appears they have all sold now. The Sako guys who came by their shop earlier this month indicated that 22 LR rifles would be here around Christmas. Apparently the first run of 17's was only 500 rifles - either total, or total to the US, not sure which.

How are the triggers on these guns? Are you able to use T3 trigger parts to try and improve them?

The trigger is the same as T3, very crisp and adjustable to 2lbs.
Yes trigger parts will fit.

So weird. There are a few .22LR ones showing up here in Canada and being scooped up as fast as they come in the doors.

Handled a 22 lr today, almost bought it for dealer's 469 price tag but had to pass....

The wire ejector looks "inrresting", eyeballing it to a ctr om the rack floorplate and magazine assembly will be no drama fit but I can see what other reviewers were saying about aics magwells being a nogo....

Couldn't take it out of the stock to look at barrel attachment , anybody have more info on this? Looked like the front reciever scope mount holes were through holes but shining a flashlight I couldn't see enough to determine if what I was seeing was the barrel tenon and it was just a rougher surface finish or it was a fine thread...

Really liked how the action felt cycling it....

Hopefully by Christmas the 22’s will be plentiful.
GB ha s a .17 right now for $700 ?

Couldn't help myself, went back and got a 22 lr T1x yesterday, so the store now has 3 22 lr T1x's left. Today I will take some measurements and call krg to discuss if I have enough room in one of their stocks to mill the magwell enough wider to fit the T1 magazine housing. Tonight , I may take off the factory barrel and start spinning up a new one....

This is my first tikka, probably not my last...

4. 'MERICA, cause I can should be reason enough
LOL, you are not even going to shoot it first and see how the factory barrel performs? :unsure::cautious:

1. The barrel in question is a more a "medium sporter" contour at approximately. 728" at the muzzle. I want to use this rifle for nrl22/PRS rimfire events and prefer more overall weight and a more muzzle heavy feel. It looks like the barrel is attached by 3 setscrews on bottom of action. Swapping barrels isn't a long term commitment...

2. I have several rimfire blanks and a takeoff annie supermatch 54 barrel that was still shooting good when a hart on it and more than one match 22 LR reamer in my toolbox, all paid for already....

3. I looked at my purchase as a donor action not a complete rifle , show me where a guy can find a full size rimfire action cheaper, a buddy looked at mine and went directly to the store and got the last one they had in 22 LR, he will probably keep his stock to play the same rimfire games....

While I prefer a good 2 stage trigger (and was originally budgeting for either a krg / Barnard / timney 2 stage) the factory trigger is super simple to adjust and I can definitely live with it

Reactions: silentheart
Obviously you can do what you want but seems like you would want a baseline to start with. Good luck with the project, sounds like you will have your hands full. Actually I was hoping you would test the factory barrel just to see how accurate it is.

LOL, your definition of "your hands full" and mine are vastly different. It is a rimfire barrel- machine it as needed (1 night maybe 2 project depending on when kids go to bed and how quick the setups on the lathe and mill go) ,install it , move on with life and the overall build. My years of 10 M air rifle, NRA/ISU smallbore, NRA Highpower, and 300 M 3-p competition all lead me to believe that I don't shoot light , sporter weight rifles well in positional match shooting- why would I ignore experience and the ability to have what I want for the cost of my time.

The JW-15 (Chinese brno #2 copy)that was next in line for a barrel job as part of #1 sons nrl22 build should prove to be a way bigger PIA, after I removed the pin, the barrel wouldn't remove like most pinned anschutz etc., had to machine a fixture and press it out with 30 ton shop press = 30 min to an hour extra time, still a more satisfying use of my time than TV....

Couldn't help myself, went back and got a 22 lr T1x yesterday, so the store now has 3 22 lr T1x's left. Today I will take some measurements and call krg to discuss if I have enough room in one of their stocks to mill the magwell enough wider to fit the T1 magazine housing. Tonight , I may take off the factory barrel and start spinning up a new one....

This is my first tikka, probably not my last...

The KRG mag well may or may not need machining, but you will likely have issues with the T1x magazine hitting the trigger guard due to the angle it's inserted in.

I tried my T1x with a T3 stock and Aics bottom metal and the magazine contacted the trigger guard before fully inserting.

My good friend visited in my work.
We tryed how the 16" would look in the KRG Bravo chassis.
Quite goofy it is because it has so thin barrel, but in 22LR that barrel diameter has no efect in accuracy, but look and weight balance.
That AICS 22lr magazine for Tikka T1X and this will be a awesome rifle in the 22LR trainer section.
tiksi.jpg
tiksi2.jpg
tiksi3.jpg

That AICS 22lr magazine for Tikka T1X and this will be a awesome rifle in the 22LR trainer section.

I haven't been able to read every post on this thread, but is there an AICS 22 magazine for the T1x and if so who makes it? I thought if you used a chassis you'd have to mill out a section of the mag well, but if there's an easier mod...

If you get a chance to set that back in the KRG action, can you do me a huge favor and open the bolt, I would like to see a picture of how the action opens into the mag well. Looking at the picture, it seems it sits way back.

I didn’t realize that the factory mag may not work with a chassis. I guess I’ll find out next week when my MPA BA Competition Chassis arrives. If it requires modifying the chassis would it likely affect my ability to switch if I wanted to drop in a CTR later?

I already had it in mind that if the chassis doesn’t work for some reason with the T1X than I would get a Tikka CTR and put it in the chassis, but I’m hoping the T1X will work out.

Very accurate at 50m cci sv 3 mm = .118 inches and norma at 7mm .27 inches

That sure is a good vote of confidence for the T1X. However I would like to see a similar group reproduced with CCI SV... I am calling BS on it, or maybe it was just a single lucky group. I bet the T1X is a shooter, but SV isn't that good. The rifle is definitely on my radar still!

Reactions: Tucker301
two of my firends are regulars at the Lapua and Eley testing facility in Germany where they test their benchrest rigs and some of the olympic 3 position guns in order to find the best lots of ammo. Current tunnel record stands at around 14mm for 10 shot group. Read slowly, 10 shot group, with best tuned (barrel tunners included) match rifles and (hair) triggers, shooting from a proper rest, using best lots of Eley Tenex (or in other case, Lapua top of the line ammo).
Now, someone is going to claim, that the factory tikka with 1kg trigger will make 3mm and 7mm groups... with CCI SV. Come on, it is nice gun, but do not oversell, please.

Reactions: jbell
two of my firends are regulars at the Lapua and Eley testing facility in Germany where they test their benchrest rigs and some of the olympic 3 position guns in order to find the best lots of ammo. Current tunnel record stands at around 14mm for 10 shot group. Read slowly, 10 shot group, with best tuned (barrel tunners included) match rifles and (hair) triggers, shooting from a proper rest, using best lots of Eley Tenex (or in other case, Lapua top of the line ammo).
Now, someone is going to claim, that the factory tikka with 1kg trigger will make 3mm and 7mm groups... with CCI SV. Come on, it is nice gun, but do not oversell, please.
What distance is that 14mm group and what distance on the 3mm/7mm groups? I watched the video but could not understand the language.

What distance is that 14mm group and what distance on the 3mm/7mm groups? I watched the video but could not understand the language.

I too would like to know the distance the Eley & Lapua test facilities are using, and if it’s 14mm center to center or edge to edge. If it’s 50 meters and center to center that’s damn pathetic...

I too would like to know the distance the Eley & Lapua test facilities are using, and if it’s 14mm center to center or edge to edge. If it’s 50 meters and center to center that’s damn pathetic...
I kind of assumed maybe 100m edge to edge?

I agree at 50m, that seems off...

Yes, one would think 100m. However with 50m being the most common distance for rimfire competition why would you test ammo at 100m? IMO Accuracy does not translate equally.

My T1X in 22lr is arriving today. Has anyone else spotted these in the US yet? It seems like a few are coming in but I haven't heard about them showing up in a lot of places yet.

A buddy of mine got the call last night to come pick his .22 LR T1X up, so they (apparently) are making it into the States now...

Really hoping this mag thing gets figured out because I really want to drop one of these in a KRG Bravo and top it with a Vortex Diamondback Tactical

You know, some enterprising individual could probably come up with a plastic .22 LR magazine insert that fits an AICS magazine body (I think I have mentioned this before). Just like Accurate mag makes a .223 insert for a standard AICS, a .22LR magazine that fits the inside dimensions of an AICS mag shouldn't be that difficult. If I had one of these rifles, you can bet my mill would already be spinning...

I have not had time to draw up the mag in CAD yet. I am envisioning a 2 piece body made from delrin or equivalent held together with screws and brass inserts....

As it stands the OEM mag assembly is rather large and is distinctly easier than a cz or savage to reload on the clock. The angle of attack on the loaded round is rather steep

Reactions: 0dd and MarinePMI
You know, some enterprising individual could probably come up with a plastic .22 LR magazine insert that fits an AICS magazine body (I think I have mentioned this before). Just like Accurate mag makes a .223 insert for a standard AICS, a .22LR magazine that fits the inside dimensions of an AICS mag shouldn't be that difficult. If I had one of these rifles, you can bet my mill would already be spinning...

I was intending to do this, but it isn't necessary as the magazine well and release is attached to the bottom of the action, so an AICS stock will fit straight on, the issue is the magazine hits the trigger guard before seating. The only work around would be to remove the magazine well and have a custom made AICS sized magazine that works in the T1x, not a simple endevour I'd imagine.

Attachments

• T1x 13.jpg
    T1x 13.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 253
  • T1x 15.jpg
    T1x 15.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 264