• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Well the wife’s Mother’s Day present is half done :)

I still hate that they haven’t sent out the 16” barrels but oh well

Attachments

• 81EDA0A5-FB03-4B44-8D14-053E5137980A.jpeg
    81EDA0A5-FB03-4B44-8D14-053E5137980A.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 2C9885AF-E1A0-4576-B242-84D6FBBA7A51.jpeg
    2C9885AF-E1A0-4576-B242-84D6FBBA7A51.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 164
Oh man, that new Bergara Rimfire copy of the V22 looks pretty tempting for only $900 street price. If you could sell the stock for $200ish, means the barreled action would be only $700. Curious how it shoots, but I could see that definitely eating away through the CZ457 and T1X. I haven't received my $325 new IBI barrel, but already have some hesitancy now that I could've put that maybe towards the Bergara. I wonder if their mid Nov date is going to be true.
You can get the bergara barreled action threw Browells for $650 but everything is back order, all the reviews I have read it’s the Tikka shot better overall with multiple ammo

Had the T1x out to 340 yards peppering a 3“ diameter rock. Did pretty good shooting CCI SV with 16.2mils of elevation dialled. Looking forward to seeing how it does out at 400 & 500 yards. Might have to use some higher velocity ammo for those ranges.

View attachment 7320584
Is that the IBI barrel? What chamber does it have? That's a nice looking setup.

Got back out today and shot the T1x at 440 yards after shooting my 300 PRC at 700 yards. Had a bunch of hits on the 12” x 20” plate and a few on the 9” x 9”. You can see the small round impacts of the 22lr vs the effect of the 300s. Had to dial 23mils and hold another 1.5mils. To put it in perspective that is the exact same election I dialled in my scope when I was shooting at 2200 yards with my 338 Lapua. 😲
02AFD72B-1CC2-4317-8A1C-8E8F253D4211.jpeg
000D7311-1206-4464-84B7-1A764F916D00.jpeg

Got back out today and shot the T1x at 440 yards after shooting my 300 PRC at 700 yards. Had a bunch of hits on the 12” x 20” plate and a few on the 9” x 9”. You can see the small round impacts of the 22lr vs the effect of the 300s. Had to dial 23mils and hold another 1.5mils. To put it in perspective that is the exact same election I dialled in my scope when I was shooting at 2200 yards with my 338 Lapua. 😲View attachment 7321622View attachment 7321623
Pretty cool shooting. Looks like a nice spot too. Hoping to get out with my yet to be shot 300 PRC GAP build soon.

Reactions: Harry_19
Does anyone know if removing the barrel support in the stock t1x helps improve accuracy. Im finding only limited information from other boards. Anyone with real world experience, would be greatly appreciated

Does anyone back a smaller traditional badger bolt knob replacement for the T1x?
Like this but the complete handle and knob so I can put it on for my wife.
26A4DD26-D5A3-4530-BAE5-8F8143A97073.png

Does anyone know if removing the barrel support in the stock t1x helps improve accuracy. Im finding only limited information from other boards. Anyone with real world experience, would be greatly appreciated
It is for cosmetic purposes only.
Go to the 3.50 minute mark and he explains it there.

Reactions: Blue72
Does anyone back a smaller traditional badger bolt knob replacement for the T1x?
Like this but the complete handle and knob so I can put it on for my wife.
View attachment 7323754

Frank, if you buy one of the AO bolt handles you can put any 5/16-24 bolt knob on it. I had a Sterk on mine and switched to the AO because I wanted something a little longer. I put the back swept handle and a knob similar to that one on my rifle.

Reactions: Frankr
Frank, if you buy one of the AO bolt handles you can put any 5/16-24 bolt knob on it. I had a Sterk on mine and switched to the AO because I wanted something a little longer. I put the back swept handle and a knob similar to that one on my rifle.

Does the AO handle lock it’s adjustment pretty well?
I might have to pick one up and give it a go.

Nice I like that.

I had a spare rubber bolt knob thingy from amazon and dropped it on till now.
196F2498-9E0F-42F2-BCBC-C1B5B70854DF.jpeg

Messy garage counter gets used for everything.
Still have to decide on it I am pulling and getting the barrel cut down or will snag a new barrel from Lothar Walther. IBI probably shoots them best but I want her to have a 16” barrel and IBI doesn’t do that.

first thing is to shoot this barrel. nakoa1 shot it and it seemed to shoot really well so maybe I will just leave it be

Nice I like that.

View attachment 7324109
Still have to decide on it I am pulling and getting the barrel cut down or will snag a new barrel from Lothar Walther. IBI probably shoots them best but I want her to have a 16” barrel and IBI doesn’t do that.

first thing is to shoot this barrel. nakoa1 shot it and it seemed to shoot really well so maybe I will just leave it be
I have that same rubber knob on mine and it made a hell of difference in bolt manipulation for me. Looks like hell but works well.

Nice I like that.

View attachment 7324109

If it was me I would leave the barrel as is for now at least. It’s a lighter profile so the weight shouldn’t be an issue. My 10yo son used a T1x in a Bravo for most of last seasons matches and he was fine. He did have a little problem with the length of the barrel but that was due to his height. If she does really take an interest then it’s time to really personalize the rifle for her. This is how I did it anyway and it seemed to work out. I just didn’t want to invest a bunch of time and money building a rifle for someone who wasn’t really interested in shooting. I knew if I did I would end up reconfiguring it later. I had a good friend who did this, pink stock and all. It turned out that the person he built the rifle for liked the idea of shooting but wasn’t willing to actually put any effort into actually going to shoot. He had a ton of money wrapped up in a pink rifle that sat in his safe. In the end he bought all new parts and rebuilt the rifle for himself.

Reactions: Frankr
Any links to that knob?

That’s the knob that came on my Vudoo. I switched a few of my knobs around to see how I liked the different knobs on different rifles. I put a slightly slimmer, longer knob on my Vudoo to see how I liked it. I have a Badger ordnance tactical knob that is very similar though.

I have seen posts that say Beretta currently isn't planning on importing lefties. The left hand version is mentioned on the Finland site but not on the US site. Have you heard if/when they will be stateside?
Im in Straya' (Australia) and Beretta Australia has said left hand T1x are due end of 2020, but I'm completely expecting that to be delayed (shipments are always late, never early, plus the current world crisis). I might find its only .17HMR and even longer until a .22LR shipment.

I really hope they do start shipping the lefty to the US. My son is a lefty and he is currently shooting a 10/22 due to the lack of good options in bolt rifles for lefties. I may need to start looking for an older lefty CZ if they don’t show up soon.

It is possible (or has anyone done it already) to modify a manners w/ mini chassis, to be able to swap from a T3x to a T1x? Looking to order a Manners PRS and was wondering since my T1x is in an ACC right now.

So I finally cleaned my can after 2k rounds, and I had some grime stuck on the crown of the barrel, I haven’t had any luck removing it with my hand, solvent or the dip. Without shooting it any way to confirm if I have screwed up my rifle? I could get the barrel cut down, would this negate all of my ammo testing?

Try Bore Tech C4 Carbon Remover Bore Cleaning Solvent Liquid
Midway has it.... Set the gun upside down in a cap or something deep enough o cover the carboned up area. It's not instant but it works.

Reactions: Yoda_Flair
I did try that with the dip (50/50 vinegar/hydrogen peroxide) and all it did was scree up the finish on the muzzle.... I will get some bore tech and try that. Thank you.

Yes Sir. 50/50 vinegar/hydrogen peroxide will also de-rust ... and de-blue a gun pretty effectively. At least now you don't have to worry about the finish being affected if it is already damaged.

Yea. The barrel finish is pretty good from the factory, the action finish on mine was another story, I wipe it off after every range trip but it’s got surface rust on the outside which I was surprised about. It’s a tool not worried, but doesn’t inspire a great deal of faith.

Reactions: silentheart
Has anyone had any luck with swapping out for one of the LW 17hmr barrels? Thinking of putting together a build for one since have an extra Sterk T1x handle and a rail lying around. Figured would mimic something similar to my 22 build.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
So I answered my own question and found out that the t1x will drop in to a manners mini chassis prs1tk, you just have to trim a little off of the chassis to clear the bolt release. I am getting my prs1tk Tuesday and will be checking it out. If I end up doing it I will post some photos, if anyone is interested.

I had a Christensen Ranger 22 on order, but after calling them to get an update on availability and being told end of July at the earliest, I cancelled and ordered a T1x and KRG Bravo. Excited to see how she does. I have a bunch of ammo to test.

Reactions: bunk216
I had a Christensen Ranger 22 on order, but after calling them to get an update on availability and being told end of July at the earliest, I cancelled and ordered a T1x and KRG Bravo. Excited to see how she does. I have a bunch of ammo to test.
That's a great choice, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: ROCKKREEK
Damn, that sucks. Been holding out waiting for these to hit the shelves.

I think you will be very happy with your purchase. The Tikka in the Bravo is a hard combo to beat for the money.

Reactions: CSchol and bunk216
Damn, that sucks. Been holding out waiting for these to hit the shelves.
Yeah, I was disappointed to hear it. When I called and talked to EuroOptics about using my deposit on the Christensen towards the Tikka I told him what I was told. He said something along the lines of "Yeah, and that is if they're actually on schedule." If the Christensen is awesome when it comes out I may still grab one...by then I will probably be ready for my next toy.

Reactions: bunk216 and Anb618
Thats hilarious... i just literally did the same thing last month. Ranger 22 ordered... found out June July delivery.... swapped it for a t1x, bravo, etc. Sterk stuff showed up yesterday and shes coming together nicely.

Attachments

• 20200517_204709.jpg
    20200517_204709.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 172
Thats hilarious... i just literally did the same thing last month. Ranger 22 ordered... found out June July delivery.... swapped it for a t1x, bravo, etc. Sterk stuff showed up yesterday and shes coming together nicely.
Looks great. I'm sure parts will be showing up for the next week or so. I have a DIP scope rail, Vortex precision rings, and one the new Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 coming. We'll see if they earn their stay.

B3134E36-19E8-47AD-B57C-05B518E40BFA.jpeg

Here is my T1X. The pics do not do justice for the tikka add on vertical grip and beavertail forend. It really changes the whole feel and look of the rifle. I also added a DIP bolt handle to reduce the stiff bolt lift. As well as a DIP Picatinny rail.

Where did you order your Sterk parts from? They are out of stock everywhere I look.

I put up a wtb ad in the rimfire fs section and had two guys hit me up. One had both the other had just the swept handle only. He still has the handle I'm pretty sure if you pm him. His member name is zenbike

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
I put up a wtb ad in the rimfire fs section and had two guys hit me up. One had both the other had just the swept handle only. He still has the handle I'm pretty sure if you pm him. His member name is zenbike
Thanks man. I shot him a PM.

So I got my T1x mounted in my new Manners Prs1tk. The only mod you have to do is sand a small relief for the bolt release. I am not going to lie, I was to excited to get it mounted and didn't take a close up. I am going to be mounting an area 419 arca rail tomorrow so I can take a close up photo then.

20200519_210632.jpg