• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

There are lots of options out there. I bought a cheap UTG bipod that came with one. Just google sling stud picatinny adapter and you should be able to find one that fits your fancy
Same. I was able to find one on Amazon and have posted the link in the T3 thread before.

I want to run an Atlas bipod with the QD pic rail mount from ADM on the stock t1 stock with the wider slip on factory forend. Anyone know of an adaptor or pic rail that can be bolted into the factory sling stud? Or am I stuck using a sling stud adaptor for the Atlas bipod or installing additional mounting hardware through the stock under the barrel channel to be able to run a pic rail under the factory Tikka forend?
Do you have enough forend material to install a t-nut? I honestly have sold off all my factory stocks as soon as I bought a new tikka. You could buy an area 419 pic rail and they come with multiple t nut hardware. You need 2 anchor points to mount a pic rail or it would spin on you.

Took the T1x (in a Manners Prs1tk w/ mini chassis) and practiced transitioning prone, kneeling, standing. This thing is a nail driver.

20200530_115130.jpg

Have you shot groups with it before and after the Chassis? I have mine in my T3X CTR stock right now, and am deciding if I want it to match its big brother in 6.5 Creedmoor in a Bravo.
I mounted a scope and sighted it in when I first got it. It shot well in stock form. The bravo showed up a few days later and I upgrade the scope to the Tac shortly after that. This was my first time shooting groups with the whole package. Its a no brainer for you to get a Bravo for yours. Matched set for the win.

Reactions: cabdrummer
Thanks is a KKC stock made by Altamont stocks. Quite comfortable. It’s the poor mans GRS stock :giggle:

Had a short period to shoot today, so I took the kids out with me and only got to shoot about 30 rounds through the tikka (about 10 shot of bulk ammo to get it dialed in and then 4- 5 shot groups with Eley action)

View attachment 7338537
all but one group could be covered with a dime (51 yards). Not bad for a portable table and a light breeze. The gun is definitely more accurate than I am. Super excited to see if the wife will compete in the nrl22 with it this year.

Damn. Wished I had kept it now. Ha ha ha

Reactions: Frankr
Was able to make it out and put my T1x in 22LR on the BOG tripod and run it out to just under 400y which was a lot of fun. Even got the T1x in 17hmr out on steel which was far easier. Surprisingly never shot groups with either, just zeroed them on golf balls or empty beer cans. Both are great rat and rockchuck rifles. Built the 17hmr so good buddy could have something to shoot, so I don't have to listen to his 22-250 ringing my ears. Was able to anchor five rock chucks yesterday with the 22 though.

The .22 is really liking the Remington ELEY EPS Match and the 17 performs well with the Hornady XTP 20gr HP's. Wanted to try the CCI A17, but wasn't able to find any locally.

45E3B965-F380-4944-83C8-B9C2BC90639F.jpeg

100915039_278248456559524_2771574114442280960_n.jpg

Was able to make it out and put my T1x in 22LR on the BOG tripod and run it out to just under 400y which was a lot of fun. Even got the T1x in 17hmr out on steel which was far easier. Surprisingly never shot groups with either, just zeroed them on golf balls or empty beer cans. Both are great rat and rockchuck rifles. Built the 17hmr so good buddy could have something to shoot, so I don't have to listen to his 22-250 ringing my ears. Was able to anchor five rock chucks yesterday with the 22 though.

The .22 is really liking the Remington ELEY EPS Match and the 17 performs well with the Hornady XTP 20gr HP's. Wanted to try the CCI A17, but wasn't able to find any locally.

View attachment 7340029

View attachment 7340030
What stock is that kn the bottom

Stock on the bottom is a B&C Sporter, but for the money I am not very impressed. Considerable amount of flex in the forend and required signaficant sanding to be able to free float. Any weight on the front end with a bipod and it is touching immediately. I might just toss back on the factory stock and give it a Krylon marble spray in OD instead. Honestly more impressed with the factory stock setup than the B&C sporter.

Funny story. Just picked up a T1X with a nominally 20 inch barrel. It does indeed have a 20 inch barrel, but I had to do a second take, because the barrel is marked 16.5”. Anyone else have something like this happen?
B6E92860-0228-4813-84EA-20D624EA97D8.jpeg

Reactions: Sdavis190
Obviously left on the vine after being marked at 16.5 and continued to grown to its present length.....

If it was a coin it would be valuable as a mis-mark.

Interesting, mine has completely different looking markings. Much deeper stampings on mine - and there is no serial number on the barrel.

Are you in the US or other markets?

That makes sense! I’m surprised the twist rate is so slow. It’s also written differently than I’ve seen on other rifles. I guess I would have expected it to be written 1:16.5.

Messer, I am in the US market.

Perhaps the markings change is an indication of a batch change with Tikka. New markings were likely not part of the first production run. I wonder if any other changes were made.

I'll take some pics later and post them.

I know mine was ordered from the distributor back in the beginning of April. They had it in stock, but shipping took a little more than two weeks.

Mine was purchased in August or September last year and isn't marked like the one in the photo above.

Funny story. Just picked up a T1X with a nominally 20 inch barrel. It does indeed have a 20 inch barrel, but I had to do a second take, because the barrel is marked 16.5”. Anyone else have something like this happen? View attachment 7342154
I just checked mine, and the markings are completely different. Purchased in the US last July

Attachments

• 595CD2E9-6859-4343-A681-BE426A272C5F.jpeg
    595CD2E9-6859-4343-A681-BE426A272C5F.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 236
Very happy with this rig. This is what my typical groups look like at 50 with ccisv. Things tend to fall apart with it out at 100, opening up to maybe an inch and a half or two. Need to test more boutique ammo.

Attachments

• 20200605_130224.jpg
    20200605_130224.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 260
  • Screenshot_20200605-125946_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200605-125946_Gallery.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: K31Scout
had a great time sighting it in. This was my best group at 50 yards shooting CCI Standard Velocity. Also had surprisingly good results with Federal Bulk pack, which is a win.
With a couple little changes (I need a proper rear bag and I’d like to lighten the trigger a hair) I bet the groups could get even better.

Edit: I did discover that Remington Golden Bullets were horrible out of my rifle. Maybe 1.5 inches at 50. I’ve never been a huge fan of Remington .22 anyways.
8A9F2CF2-13F0-4782-815A-0DC42687171B.jpeg

Mine likes Norma Tac22 just a little better than CCI SV. The Wolf Match Target was so so but excels in my Savage MkII.

Reactions: silentheart
I have another question, I noticed accuracy falling off during today’s range session (probably my fault) but it made me wonder, how often does everyone clean their T1X? What’s your cleaning technique?

I’ve got around 300 rounds through the rifle and haven’t cleaned it yet, mix of copper and lead loads.

I have a case of CCI SV and a brick of Tac22. I put on the Magneto-speed today and 10 rounds of the CCI SV measured an average of 1072fps with an ES of 32. The 10 rounds of Tac22 averaged 1039fps and an ES of 20.
I'm guessing the better (expensive) ammo has better extreme spread as shown by the Tac22. Not sure if it matters much at 50 yards but a high ES can't help. I did shoot a USBR target with the CCI SV today and got a 214 and that's pretty good for me.

Reactions: silentheart
what aftermarket trigger are you guys using?

My wifes trigger won't reset all the time and I have made the trigger as heavy as possible to fix that issue but if the gun is pointing up or you cycle it too fast the trigger wont reset. I can fix this by pushing the trigger forward and cycling the trigger. It's like the trigger return spring is too weak.

So shot about 50 rds of CCI SV. Compared to SK and CenterX, the groups were damn impressive for 1/3 the cost. I think it is great ammo to practice. At $3.99/50rd its a no brainer.

Same. If you’re just practicing tripod shooting or steels or barricades - save the $ and use CCI SV.

Reactions: Usmcsomerville
Went to shoot my first NRL match this weekend. Head over to the sight in range and my first trigger pull, firing pin breaks. Sent a message to Beretta and they dropped a new firing pin to me in the mail. Simple Customer service experience.

I'm thinking of buying a T1x in .17 hmr.

Any feedback on it in that cartridge? Any pics of groups at 50 and 100?

Thank you

Went to shoot my first NRL match this weekend. Head over to the sight in range and my first trigger pull, firing pin breaks. Sent a message to Beretta and they dropped a new firing pin to me in the mail. Simple Customer service experience.

That's some tough luck. I guess I should order a spare since they're only 60 bucks and I keep seeing people mention broken firing pins. Too bad you need to buy it as the whole assembly.

Luckily, my buddy brought his backup RimX so it wasnt a total loss. It does suck that they sell a $60 assembly instead of a $5 pin. It was the newer, less used, T1X I have too. Older one is still going strong.

Went to the range this morning to zero after all the recent upgrades. I'm very pleased with the results.

shot_1592060626149.jpg

T1x in an Oryx chassis
DIP bolt handle
Jamer Benchrest bag rider
Kaw Valley Precision linear comp
Bushnell Forge 3-18x50 on a DIP 25 MOA rail
Ammo: Eley Semi-auto Benchrest Precision

Those groups were shot back-to-back with a small scope adjustment in between. I figured I'd better stop shooting groups before I screwed it up. 😁

I love this gun in the Oryx for positional shooting.

IMG_20200412_144356~2.jpg

(Pic before the bag rider and comp were installed)

Hey guys - looking for a 17hmr and not sure if it will be better to get the 16 or 20" version. I will be running a can. Any thoughts on if accuracy will be effected by the shorter barrel?

Accuracy should be fine with either but read this thread for 17 hmr barrel length info

If you go with the 20 you can always get it shortened and threaded again to 18 or 16 or whatever in between. I got the 20" 22lr and with the factory barrel profile it is pretty light in the front even with an aac element on the end(a little over 4 oz and 17hmr rated).