• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

View attachment 7638446Some of you may have seen heard about this already but I figured here is a great place to share my experience with the T1x. My name is Zane Hermann and this past weekend I competed in the NRL22 National Championships with a completely stock Tikka T1x topped with an Athlon Argos BTR 8-34. I think the numbers speak for themselves. I was able to take 1st place in the young guns class and placed 7th overall. This rifle just absolutely hammered all weekend long, shooting Midas+ all the way out to 350 yards where it went 2 for 2 on a 50% IPSC. If you are here wondering if you should by the Tikka or something else, stop looking and go buy yourself a Tikka!!!
Awesome performance, young man! The Tikka really is an incredible rifle. Stay safe and keep shooting.

I have a rifle already, i just need to know the msrp to figure out scope options for nrl22 base class.
In light of the current demand, I'm pretty sure that the MSRP is what they have listed. Falls in line with what I paid for mine early last year at $469. Thought that was a fairly good deal at the time.

Just need to get my strike eagle mounted then get to the range to do some testing! Hopefully I’ll be prepared enough for my first NRL22X match in a couple weeks!

Attachments

• A7DB9B63-5C7D-4059-871B-00A66125F11B.jpeg
    A7DB9B63-5C7D-4059-871B-00A66125F11B.jpeg
    510.9 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: DRAGON64
Yes! Just snagged one in the px with an additional krg bravo chassis and all the goodies. I don’t have to shoot my buddies now :). Grabbed some sk standard plus last night as well from midsouth. Ended up being about $182 shipped for 1k.

I bought a T1 22 LR Last November it’s a great rifle mounted an Arken EB -4 6-24 scope on it now with practice and bore conditioning it will shoot a 6 pack target 3/8” 5 shot groups at 50 yards with RWS Target Rifle .At 100 yards today 3 targets in a row 4 shots a nice 5/8 cluster then spazz one out to make a 1 1/4” group the wind was starting to be annoying so we quit . Buutt all that to say I just bought a T1 in 17HMR ordered base and trigger spring ,I’m going to mount an Athlon Ares ETR on it

I bought a T1 22 LR Last November it’s a great rifle mounted an Arken EB -4 6-24 scope on it now with practice and bore conditioning it will shoot a 6 pack target 3/8” 5 shot groups at 50 yards with RWS Target Rifle .At 100 yards today 3 targets in a row 4 shots a nice 5/8 cluster then spazz one out to make a 1 1/4” group the wind was starting to be annoying so we quit . Buutt all that to say I just bought a T1 in 17HMR ordered base and trigger spring ,I’m going to mount an Athlon Ares ETR on it
Nice, i think im going to go with the vortex diamonback tactical to stay in base class.

Is there any chrono data out of the 16 inch and the 20 inch T1x 22LR?

I bought a 16 inch a while back as I thought 16 would allow full velocity out of a 22LR round, but would be interested to see if I was correct or if the 20 inch is any faster.

What exactly is the current MSRP for these? Im having an issue find that on tikkas website. Trying to nail down the MSRP so i can match the correct optic to stay under $1200 for base class.

Thanks in advice.

Reactions: fencewire
Is there any chrono data out of the 16 inch and the 20 inch T1x 22LR?

I bought a 16 inch a while back as I thought 16 would allow full velocity out of a 22LR round, but would be interested to see if I was correct or if the 20 inch is any faster.
The 20" should definitely be faster..... However, If you plan on shooting any distance, from what I have read the 16" is preferred. The smaller barrel doesn't allow for supersonic with some ammunition, which gets rid of dealing with the bullet going transonic. The Velocity deviations in 22lr make it somewhat of a pain to accurately use your dope on 22lr when it goes transonic.

This is all information from what I read when I was doing research on the 16" vs 20". It could be complete BS for all i know. Cheers

Reactions: Biscuits
This thing continues to impress! I shot an NRL22X match this weekend and the shots over 120 or so kicked my ass, as I had no data on anything past 100. Time to find somewhere to shoot out to 500 or so to get some good data!

Attachments

• A96FEBAC-9D2D-43B4-8D5C-78719FA7A17B.jpeg
    A96FEBAC-9D2D-43B4-8D5C-78719FA7A17B.jpeg
    583.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 54964BAD-E31D-41CA-8E38-B1C23E47289C.jpeg
    54964BAD-E31D-41CA-8E38-B1C23E47289C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 204
Reactions: DRAGON64
Love the handguard on the chassis. Wish more would do that.
This thing continues to impress! I shot an NRL22X match this weekend and the shots over 120 or so kicked my ass, as I had no data on anything past 100. Time to find somewhere to shoot out to 500 or so to get some good data!

Reactions: godofthunder
Looking for a you-tube instruction for installing a Yo-Dave trigger spring.

Thanks! Me too, hence why mine will have them! This 10.5 with hardware only weighs 3.5oz. The 15" version is too long for the 16" T1x but that only weights 4.4oz with hardware.
How much does the whole chassis weigh without the butt stock?

The MSRP is $499.99 USD which leaves you with $699.99 to work with for glass if you’re thinking about NRL 22 base class. NRL base class went from $1050 to $1200.
good info, ended up going with the diamonback tactical 4-16. picked it up from the px here. Hopefully i dont have an issue with the magnification. I was looking for a 6-24x but the price on the 4-16 i couldnt pass up.

good info, ended up going with the diamonback tactical 4-16. picked it up from the px here. Hopefully i dont have an issue with the magnification. I was looking for a 6-24x but the price on the 4-16 i couldnt pass up.
No problem, I was in a similar boat. I wanted the Venom but parallax only went to 50. I also opted for the Diamond back tactical but I got the 6-24x. I Have some Eley Tenex, SK Standard Plus and a few other well known performers on the way. Will do an ammo test after I get a hundred or so shots through the barrel with my CCI standard.

No problem, I was in a similar boat. I wanted the Venom but parallax only went to 50. I also opted for the Diamond back tactical but I got the 6-24x. I Have some Eley Tenex, SK Standard Plus and a few other well known performers on the way. Will do an ammo test after I get a hundred or so shots through the barrel with my CCI standard.

The Venom parallax min is 15yds, not 50.

The Venom parallax min is 15yds, not 50.
Well that sucks 😂. For as much time as I spent looking I should’ve figured that out. Thanks for the information. I’ll probably just end up keeping the Diamondback. My ONLY concern with the diamondback is that the elevation turret won’t be accurate ie won’t return to exact zero after adjusting however much. Does anyone have experience with that.

where did you find the eley tenex?

.58 cpr?!?! wow
Yup, but 2 boxes worth it for me to find out what she likes to eat. Just praying the cheaper stuff shoots as good or better 😰. Did you go with the 20” or 16” barrel? I got a 16”, I have a dead air mask with an upcoming parole hearing so I wanted mine a little shorter.

Yup, but 2 boxes worth it for me to find out what she likes to eat. Just praying the cheaper stuff shoots as good or better 😰. Did you go with the 20” or 16” barrel? I got a 16”, I have a dead air mask with an upcoming parole hearing so I wanted mine a little shorter.
Iits the 20" Im between the dead air or the gemtech 22lr for a dedicated 22. Guy i purchased mine from on here told me it shot real well with cci SV and SK standard plus.

Iits the 20" Im between the dead air or the gemtech 22lr for a dedicated 22. Guy i purchased mine from on here told me it shot real well with cci SV and SK standard plus.
I am excited to get my Mask that is for sure. Iraq veteran8888 did a video on the Voodoo Repeater with a Dead Air Mask on it, and it shot well with the can on. I am hoping the SK Standard plus shoots good out of mine as well. I think it will be pretty easy to unload whatever ammo doesn't shoot best at the range.

I’m looking for a couple guys to be beta testers for my flat trigger shoes. These are for use with the factory trigger pack! Comes with the flat shoe and a replacement plunger. With the factory spring in my T1x and T3x I’m seeing an average 15oz break weight. Shoe shown here, along with it installed on my T3x. Can be seen on my T1x in previous posts in this thread. Have 5 or so I would like to get in the hands of people that will actually test them and provide feedback.

Attachments

• A0F91030-9921-4A34-8DF9-8FD17AB33ED0.jpeg
    A0F91030-9921-4A34-8DF9-8FD17AB33ED0.jpeg
    379.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 33C649AC-B69C-4C28-8C99-D13EE1C12642.jpeg
    33C649AC-B69C-4C28-8C99-D13EE1C12642.jpeg
    607.2 KB · Views: 136