• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 fans you wanted a mag system

Pete Lincoln

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
What do you guys think of this:
PIC_0252.jpg

PIC_0250-1-1.jpg

PIC_0251.jpg

Its been a while comming, but i think the wait has been worth it. RMS T3

Regards Pete

Re: Tikka T3 fans you wanted a mag system

Looks really nice Pete. Does it only work as a short action or are you also making a long action version too. Tikka T3's all use the same length action only different bolt stops right?
jmc

Thats the short version, using AICS type mags, works with everything from .260rem, 6.5x47, 308win, WSM etc..

I guess(am sure) it would work with the new AI plastic .223 mags, but i haven't managed to get my hands on any yet.

300WM version to follow. and if you want to bend the lips on the 300wm AICS type mags it will work for 6.5x55 through 30-06 and 9.3x62

and also a hunting type version to follow using metal mags that work sort of like the T3 mags by having 1 mag with spacers at the rear and different lips to get all the calibers in..

regards Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I guess(am sure) it would work with the new AI plastic .223 mags, but i haven't managed to get my hands on any yet.
</div></div>

Actually I had a problem with the AI plastic mags lips being a bit too wide in the rear, thus not allowing the mag to sit up a little higher in the action which is needed for the bolt to grab the rounds for feeding.

This was with one of your original RCS setups, I pulled the action out and with mag in hand against the action you can see whats happening. Required a little dremel work (on the mags, I dare not modify the action) but I have a working system now.

-pd

Pete, how much for the 223 system?

ptd. the plastic mags will be designed to fit the remmy 700 in the AICS, not having had my hands on any yet(they dont seem to have crossed the pond yet) its difficult to know if any tweaks are required. The Howa mag system and RCS needs a little alteration to the AICS type mags in .308, but the T3 system (both RCS and mag system) don't.

Edi will have sample on way as soon as some are ready, we are about 4 weeks out on these, they will appear in the shop this week (maybe early next, depending on Tom's work speed) We gave the 1 machining company the boot after a couple of QC issues they produced on the last batch of remmy and howa mag systems(which where unusable and put us back months)but the new company are much more able to deliver, with rapid prototpye, speedy manufacture and punctual delivery.
On the stock, well I know,tupperware, but if your making a mag system for the tikka, it needs to fit the T3 stock eh and i happened to have that tactical here.
DesertHK mag systems are same price as our others, i can't comment on the 223 mags yet, haven't got any.
ICANHITH....the Howa LA will be reality very soon.

rgds Pete

Hi Pete!

What is the weight of this mag system? With and without the mag.

/ Johan Lindberg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
On the stock, well I know,tupperware, but if your making a mag system for the tikka, it needs to fit the T3 stock eh and i happened to have that tactical here.
</div></div>

pete,

are you saying this is a true 'drop in' bottom metal system or does the stock and/or action require relief?

thanks,

michael

Johan, I'll weigh one and let you know,

Michael,the action requires no work at all. the mag system is however not drop in. due to the fact that the .308win AICS style mag has a wide arse end on it and the fact that you need a certain amount of mag system surrounding the mag means that you need to take a file or dremel to the stock.
The underside of the stock is but for a gnats whisker inletted wide enough, but the inlet in the actual stock is narrower towards the middle of the stock going up towards the action, this needs removing.
It takes 30 seconds with a milling machine, about 2 mins with a dremel and about 5 mins with a file, for some one who is handy it is a piece of cake to do.
We will send a mag system to several stock makers so folks ordering stocks for thier T3 can get our mag system inlet.

I think the shape of the trigger guard realy goes well with the lines of the T3. and i'm realy pleased with the product.

The long caliber mag system will require no alteration to the stock, but the silver coloured spring that tensions the T3 mag will need removing from the trigger, and just maybe a little notch for the bullet noses in the back of the feed ramt, like is done with the remmy 700 in an AICS. but i will know for certain when i get the rifle set up for the long calibers with the mag system.
regards Pete

pete,

are you saying this is a true 'drop in' bottom metal system or does the stock and/or action require relief?

thanks,

michael[/quote]

Same question....

May I also ask, how much are they expected to be?

What kind of lead time?

Pete, I have a plastic AI mag in .223

If it is legal for me to ship it to you, I'd be willing to pay the frieght one way if you promise to return it in a couple months once you've completed testing with it.

Jim

Jim. i'd love to get a .223 mag. ( never mind some .408chey mags too, not to mention sbout 25kg of beef jerky)

and again,. the stock requires minor inletting. it is a simple job.

regards Pete

Pete,

I have a Manners stock for my T3 Tactical (recently acquired, absolutely love it). Is it likely that I'll only need the small fitment adjustment as well, and nothing major?

In comparing the mag well/receiver inlet between the OEM stock and the Manners, they look very similar, and certainly my OEM plastic lower fits the Manners stock perfectly, from an aligment stand point. So I would imagine your RMS should be no different...

switch777, the mag system fits the lower part of the stock almost exactly ( at its widest part the mag system requires a fraction of a mm removed from the standard inlett of the T3) its higher in the stock where the standard inlet isnt as wide as the bottom metal (or plastic) that material needs removing. its simple to do with a file or dremel.
I will have mag systems with Tom asap so he can work an inlet for them into his program.

regards Pete

really nice!! much better than original mag!

Great news since factory mags are shitty and expensive. As for max COAL in .308 did you measure it Pete, I am able to comfortably feed ~ 74mm/2.914" cartridges from modified factory mag as Tikka has quite a throat...

the max AOL is governed by the AICS type mags. Accurate Mag do one without the plate in the front, I forget ecattly what you can get in there, have to check.
I'll weight a mag system later and see what she weighs.
we are about 3 weeks give or take from these things being on shelf,

regards Pete

Will this work/fit the T3 Hunter with the wooden stock? Rifle is in .300 WSM.

Couple of questions Pete, couldn't see them listed on your website so can you tell me what the price be GBP please? Also do you know if they can be fitted without any fettling with the Manners stock?

Cheers
Ed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jagged77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple of questions Pete, couldn't see them listed on your website so can you tell me what the price be GBP please? Also do you know if they can be fitted without any fettling with the Manners stock?

Cheers
Ed </div></div>
They are listed in the webshop here.
Ordered a Howa version a couple of weeks ago that I will try to fit in my Sako L579 action.

just wanted to say : thanks pete , tikka fans will appreciate the mag system.

besides that i can recommend you online shop .
ordered a couple of things for my stick , got a mail that it is in the mail now the next day.