• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Picture Thread.

Re: Tikka T3 Picture Thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rimfiremac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It sure is pretty bad that the trigger guard is plastic. </div></div>

Yep, I hear all the time about all those broken trigger guards on T3s.....

Same with all those plastic trigger guards on my Glocks , I break one every damn week.

Thanks for the info. Really don't need any lessons on polymers though, was just using plastic as a general term. Don't see any problem with the bolt knob if its just a cover but I've seen more than one "polymer" trigger guard break under severe use, as tuff as it is, its just too thin. Hell, I've seen Remmy's aluminum floor plates break. I've never seen a steel bottom metal break. If its never gonna be anything than a bench baby then don't see it as being much of an issue but I sure don't like the idea of polymer trigger guards on a rifle intended for field use. Probably not a deal breaker for me if the rest of the rifle looked good but I'd sure be looking for an after market replacement soon after purchase.

PS. Am l the only one that thinks this damn place is gettin neck deep in smart asses?

Okie

Maybe these forums are like a wine hobby or playing golf... gives us five minutes to believe we know exactly what we're talking about.

My worst fear is dropping *any rifle. Lots of dollars disappear with a chip in the wrong spot. The Tikka trigger guards go for $175 or so last I checked Brownells

All in good spirit..

The concern about the trigger guard is unwarranted. The things are damn near indestructible. My boys and I have owned several, we've sold hundreds at work. I've *NEVER* heard of an issue with one.

If you expect your hunting rifle to look pretty, buy a CDL and hang it on the wall. My rifles are tools, and they get used, so as a result, they look the part.

Like anything else, the Tikka's definitely have their weaknesses, but I'd still take one over any other off-the-shelf rifle out there for hunting OR for a Tactical build. The only thing better is going to be a custom action and you can buy the whole rifle for half of that.

John

I think the engineers at Sako knew what they were doing. Its a rifle, not a hurley stick.

The advantage of the polymer is to lighten the T3 lite, and in the sporter 80% of the BM is covered by laminated wood. The bolt shroud is nothing more than a dust cap. All of those parts are made with the tightest of tolerances, and the mags are interchangeable between rifles. I just do not see any advantage to having the OEM parts made of Aluminum.

I wasnt trashing Tikka in any way. I just had some concerns about a rifle I was interested in (I'm still concidering it) and thought this would be the best place to get to the truth, instead, I get a few thin skinned Tikka fans who act like they've been insulted because I actually had the audacity to ask about some posible flaws (it seems) in thier rifles.....which EVERY make has. I certainly never said aluminum was an "advantage" in any way shape or form, dont know where the hell that came from. As a matter of fact, my point was to the contrary. As far as polymers go, there's a couple reasons to use it. One, strength to weight, its excellent...its very light and very strong. Two, its much cheaper to produse parts from. Mold it, clean it up, you're done...no machining like steel or even aluminum. But to all you who think it will hold up like steel in areas like trigger guards or bottom metal.....you're livin in a dream world. True, you're not ever gonna have a problem droping your Glock on a rock, but smash the polymer trigger guard of your 14lb rifle on a rock and see what happens.

okie

If a plastic trigger guard is not for you then get an aluminum trigger guard that fits the stock mag. Or a CDI DBM with an AICS mag.

Some people just need something to bitch about.

Slightly sidetrack here, do the Tikka plastic stocks have removeable trigger guards? Or are they molded in?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some people just need something to bitch about.

Slightly sidetrack here, do the Tikka plastic stocks have removeable trigger guards? Or are they molded in?</div></div>

Removeable

Yeah, I saw CDI made an aluminum replacement that uses the AICS mags but I think I'd just stik w the polymer if I couldn't get steel. I'm getting a little ahead of myself here anyway. Thanks for the info.

Okie

One advantage to the Tikka DBM system is all mags are interchangeable. So if the rifle is a 308, 260, 7-08 and the shooter wants to shoot "land kissing" loads, you can purchase a "L" mag (made for 270-300 win) and then modify the bolt stop. I have not done this, but the guys at Tikkashooters have a vid explaining the procedure.

Great way to use secant ogive bullets and not have to single load.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e4rCsOohVks&feature=plcp"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e4rCsOohVks&feature=plcp" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okiefired</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I saw CDI made an aluminum replacement that uses the AICS mags but I think I'd just stik w the polymer if I couldn't get steel. I'm getting a little ahead of myself here anyway. Thanks for the info.

Okie </div></div>

My T3 Tactical 223 got a CDI DBM. It allowed me more rounds in the mag and the ability to load longer OAL (really helped find the sweet spot). I replaced the bolt shroud (plastic) with a steel one. Jeff at CDI did that while he had the gun doing the DBM. The AICS poly 223 mags are holding up well. I also use them quite a bit in a custom APA bolt gun in 223. No issues at all. They cost a helluva lot less than the T3 factory mags!

T3 Lite in -06, Leupold VX-R 2-7x33, Warne rings, and Vtac. 7 lbs unloaded. Got the Vtac idea from Mackays rifle. Sure helps in the mountains, navigating inclines and boulders.

tikka06.jpg

Great pictures. Hoping to pick up my first T3 in 7mm-08 in the very near future.

Now highly motivated.

Look familiar Mackay?
P3090006.jpg

The Leupold now wears an M1.

7MM Rem Mag. Easy 1/2 moa to 400 with 160 AccuBombs.

How about a rare .223 Super Varmint. We believe this to be the last available [new] one for sale in the US. I found it Jan. 2012.
TikkaSuperVarmint.jpg

I shoot 600 yard F-Class with it.
223SVJPG.jpg

These are some nice rigs you guys have on here! I'm new to the tikka action but I like how they are all long actions and you can modify the bolt stop for longer chamberings or what not. Pretty sweet how you can change the bolt handle as well. This is a great thread.

What about triggers? How is the factory trigger? Is it adjustable? Any other triggers available besides the CG Universal 2 Stage Trigger?

Factory triggers are nice. Yes they are adjustable. No expecience with the CG trigger but you can put a trg trigger in them. That is what I did.
laugh.gif

The factory trigger is better than decent, but I had some extra cash on me and had put a 2-stage CG Jackson on a Rem 700 and wanted to do the same for my Tikka,... I don't know about 'other' trigger makes, but the CG is definitely a great trigger.

Ry

I have my F-TR triger at 1.65#, and my hunting rifles at 1.75#. The are very crisp, and I see no need to spend money on an upgrade. Not dissing ya Ry, just another reason I love the Tikka platform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 284fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have my F-TR triger at 1.65#, and my hunting rifles at 1.75#. The are very crisp, and I see no need to spend money on an upgrade. Not dissing ya Ry, just another reason I love the Tikka platform.</div></div>

No problem,... I'm not dissing the stock trigger at all - it's great! I just had some extra cash on hand and really like my other CG 2-stage trigger, so I got it - to each his own.

Ry

This is my Tikka sporting its new glass and Spuhr mount:

550965_10151204569873861_1714384068_n.jpg

1518_10151204570308861_2073468616_n.jpg

Here's the whole rifle with its old glass:

228462_10150167906598861_8369292_n.jpg

Here's some 100-yard 5-shot groups (shot prone with bipod using the Weaver scope that was on the rifle until last week):

this was during load development:
215389_10150167906538861_5443729_n.jpg

this was one of the better 5-shot groups I've shot, though most fall around 1/2 inch @ 100 yards:
222046_10150167906558861_3103232_n.jpg

I must say, I'm a bit jealous of some of the nice chassis systems I'm seeing on these rifles in this thread!

I'm particularly fond of this one. Caliber is .284 WIN.

PC220003_zps461d1733.jpg

PC2200092_zpse04f9810.jpg

284 Win! Great rifle!... Awesome caliber! I don't know why it never got the respect it deserved,... suspect it was the necessity of going with a long-action to garner its' potential,... Still, nice rifle!

Ry

Donor was a 30-06, so I already had the long action bolt stop. Seating 180 Hunting VLD's, I have an extra .100" in the magazine. Here's the smallest group I've shot at 300 yards:

284at300_zps9e69e0ce.jpg

This is the biggest 5 shot group I've shot at 300 since final load developement, off the bench. I'm just shooting off the bi-pod now. The rest have all been between the two.

284at300-3_zpseb81f80d.jpg

My .243 Tikka T3 Varmit Left Hand. It's changed a bit since these pics were taken. The muzzle break,monopod, bolt handle, bolt shroud and sunshade are gone (swapped back to stock). Scope rings have been changed to LaRue ultra low QD 30mm rings.

p1010078qb.jpg

p1010077il.jpg

184529_10151623395134408_1300111152_n.jpg

Here is my T3 in TRG chassis with oir direct TRG mount so no unnceccsary picatinny rail had to be used. This is a prototype front ring that is containing both aimpoint attachment and Simrad interface.

538846_10151396440384408_399889470_n.jpg

241523_10150322279604408_8285756_o.jpg

Still using a factory Tikka barrel and I can't see any reason to switch it to something else.
Gun is still not bedded.

523365_10151382287234408_41294266_n.jpg

488277_10151382288509408_1455553618_n.jpg

Can't really see the big use for the fluting, but had to try it:)

154512_10151623394434408_1354515238_n.jpg

386145_10150531987654408_211324570_n.jpg

Besides big brother TRG42 before painting.
I did some lightning work on the buttstock and the chassis.
So complete weight of T3 except bipod is no 13,8 lbs compared to the 17,6 lbs for the TRG 42

303017_10150552293064408_857030561_n.jpg

group shot with supressor.

321086_10151623404214408_1971015704_n.jpg

View of knob....

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Here is my T3 in TRG chassis with oir direct TRG mount so no unnceccsary picatinny rail had to be used. This is a prototype front ring that is containing both aimpoint attachment and Simrad interface.

Håkan

</div></div>

Any chance of shipping one of those mounts to Australia?, just like that one with the picatinny on top for a red dot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 284fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm particularly fond of this one. Caliber is .284 WIN.

PC220003_zps461d1733.jpg

PC2200092_zpse04f9810.jpg

</div></div>

That is the perfect hunting setup to my way of thinking. Looks like a McMillan stock? Can you tell me which model and percentage on the colors if you know. Thanks.

Regards, Paul

Paul-

It's a McMillan A3, in 60% OD/40% Black.
And yep, for me, it's the perfect LR hunting rig. Turned out exactly how I planned.

284fan,

Thanks for the information. I will be ordering one of these for a Tikka build that I have coming up. Again, this is the perfect balance of rifle, stock and caliber in my opinion. Great job.
grin.gif
cool.gif

Regards,
Paul

Boys,
check this out!!

http://www.shooting.com.au/forum/index.p...nium-stainless/

While my post count is small, I have been a long time reader of the forum, even before i joined as a member.
Wanting to share and hopefully give something back to the forum, for the years of knowledge that has been provided, check out this thread.

Before anyone jumps on the bandwagon of confusing/labeling myself as the seller of these bolt handles. Im simply a member of the Australian forum and thought you gun nuts would appreciate some Australian made toys. Especially when HSS Bolts are known by the tikka supporters for their nice work in bolts also.

I brought the 'pineapple' bolt and provided somewhat of a review, like others have on the forum.

Enjoy.

Tikka Stainless fluted in 7mm-08. Changed the boltstop out to a long version and also now run 30-06 mags for OAL. Works a treat!! Scope Vortex 2.5-10 PST milrad. Projectiles in pictures are 139 SST.

tikka7-08.jpg

20121220_102417-1.jpg

20121220_102129-1.jpg

I'm all the way from Australia, but here are my Tikka's in a Manners T4 and Roedale Chassis with some different bolt handles - Swept style at the top is Stainless and Aluminium, but I made the other 2 types out of Titanium! It's amazing how light they are, but so strong (PM me for more info).
RoundSwept_2_zps9f5d878b.jpg

Titanium (Image below)
GroovedTi_2_zps7297dd28.jpg

Titanium (Image below)
PineappleTi_2_zpsedf13005.jpg

Last edited:

Can someone please provide me a link to get the Tikka 2 stage CG Jackson trigger. I can't find this anywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evilcoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone please provide me a link to get the Tikka 2 stage CG Jackson trigger. I can't find this anywhere.</div></div>

Here's a link to the US dealer,... http://www.x-tremeshooting.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mackay Sagebrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.223 Tikka T3 Lite on Coyotes:

October07007-1.jpg

SanitizedOct07Yote.jpg
</div></div>

did you make the tripod in the bottom pic??

hmm,... that's where I bought mine,... but it was few years back,... I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction.

Ry

T3 Lefty. Started life as a .223 and is now my walking rifle in 300 Blackout. Feeds perfectly and VERY accurate.

image163.jpg

T3 Lefty again in 308. Frequently rides in my truck with me. It's a tack driver with 168 Win BST factory loads. Don't even try to reload for it because of that.

P8290132.JPG

Just got a reply that they do not make these. Anyone else with a link to find a 2 stage trigger, please post.

TRG trigger. Brownells carries them as does berettausa with a phone call. Not cheap but oh so nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cannoncrossfire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm all the way from Australia, but here are my Tikka's in a Manners T4 and Roedale Chassis with some different bolt handles - Swept style at the top is Stainless and Aluminium, but I made the other 2 types out of Titanium! It's amazing how light they are, but so strong (PM me for more info).
RoundSwept_2_zps9f5d878b.jpg

Titanium (Image below)
GroovedTi_2_zps7297dd28.jpg

Titanium (Image below)
PineappleTi_2_zpsedf13005.jpg

IMG_1892_zps4a9793fa.jpg
</div></div>

John, nice to see you on here.
Those bolt handles are looking great. Good luck with them.
edi

ps. send me prices.
thanks