• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Picture Thread.

Re: Tikka T3 Picture Thread.

Here's another one in a McMillan Sako Varmint stock. 50/50 OD/Black, with Black Graphite Cerrakote.

rightviewTikka.jpg

leftviewTikka.jpg

Al,

You are going to cost me a fortune with all these great looking Tikka's in McMillan stocks.
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Regards,
Paul

I have a CG trigger for my T3, and it's worth every penny. Too bad they're out of production now. I also have a barnard trigger on a 595, which is also an excellent two stage trigger for the Tikkas.

Here's my Finn group. The T3 is off getting rebarreled from 6.5x55 to 284 and 6mm BR. Trying out a new twist on a switch barrel. The 595 has a TRG barrel on it. Haven't shot it yet, but I'm optimistic about it.

trio_zpsff5b5161.jpg

Hey Guys!

Here's a (bad) pic of my newly returned from the gunsmith T3 with CDI Bottom Metal - Whoohoo! I've tested 5-round and 10-round mags and it works like a champ. Gonna take it to the range this weekend and run some 'real' ammo through it,...

camera4.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: afate45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blurry, what kind of brake is that? </div></div>

It's a Sako,... kind of a weird angle, but it's a Sako,...

Ry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 284fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's another one in a McMillan Sako Varmint stock. 50/50 OD/Black, with Black Graphite Cerrakote.

rightviewTikka.jpg

leftviewTikka.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolt fluter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Al,

You are going to cost me a fortune with all these great looking Tikka's in McMillan stocks.
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Regards,
Paul </div></div>

Hey Al,

Give Paul a close up of your action and recoil lug. When you rebuild one into a McMillan stock, you might as well go the extra mile and rebuilt it right with a matching contoured recoil lug to the reviever like yours...and mine as soon as C Dixon gets it done.

Very nice looking rigs!

This is what my T3 now look like with the upgraded bolt handle.
Mint.

picture7pu.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bill.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what my T3 now look like with the upgraded bolt handle.
Mint.

picture7pu.png

</div></div>

That looks like one flesh eating knob. I will say a prayer for your knuckles.
laugh.gif

Paul

Anyone have their stock bottom metal and magazine they would like to sell? I sold mine and was going to upgrade and have since changed my mind. PM me if you have something. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopperguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">T3 Lefty. Started life as a .223 and is now my walking rifle in 300 Blackout. Feeds perfectly and VERY accurate.

image163.jpg

T3 Lefty again in 308. Frequently rides in my truck with me. It's a tack driver with 168 Win BST factory loads. Don't even try to reload for it because of that.

P8290132.JPG
</div></div>
I'm totally intrigued with the 300BLK load. How is it compared to the 308 out to 400 yards?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cummins cowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mackay Sagebrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.223 Tikka T3 Lite on Coyotes:

October07007-1.jpg

SanitizedOct07Yote.jpg
</div></div>

did you make the tripod in the bottom pic?? </div></div>

Yep,

It is just three oak dowels from the hardware store. Then a couple of strips of bicycle inner tubes acting as big rubber bands, looped over each other, to hold them together. Simple and stable.

Your rifle's fore end will rest nicely on the rubbery part of the rubber band. You will find that with about five minutes practice you can adjust for a wide range of shot angles. It lets you shoot right over/between the vegetation that is concealing you.

MS

DSCN0952_zps49e8b88e.jpgTikka T3 Sporter .260 Rem 20" Barrel sitting in KRG W3 stock. barrel and bolt work performed by boltfluter.

Awesome thread, not sure how I missed it previously. I'm planning on getting a T3 Sporter in 6.5x55 here shortly.

Hi there new to the site this is my new t3 in .223 made by UK Gunworks here in the UK.
25" 1:8 true flight heavy barrel,
Mcmillen 3-5 ajustable stock with built in rail,
Uk gunworks tactical bolt nob,
Uk gunworks direct fit scope mounts,
Sightron 6-24x50 lrmd scope,
Uk gunworks action bolts,
Aimzonic mod,
Third eye tactical bottom metal with AI 10 round mags,
Atlas bipod.

Shooting 75gr amax at 2840fps abd 80gr berger vlds at 2970fps
Had it out at a shoot last weekend hiting a 10" gong at 845 yards With both loads :)
The foxes dont like the 75gr amax's much either.

B7CE6AB2-C181-4500-B63A-DDE14001C9BD-366-0000004B60EB475C_zpsec550c71.jpg

D8803A86-03AE-479B-9FAA-AD714165DF66-366-0000004B78316975_zpsea64b438.jpg

F31C3EF0-D8B1-4D80-8FA4-4418402DE3FE-366-0000004B92904525_zps965c3146.jpg

After paint and bottom metal...

91EE70A8-0758-430B-B72E-E720E4A30F77-105-0000009EB9696FFF_zps1a99f8f2.jpg

84849B4F-2CF6-4B82-960D-80A2BF8AD5AB-1162-0000038CF41D24D9_zps5d396b10.jpg

And some rather unhappy foxes

8A35A121-8822-43C2-B46A-53F0EA1ABE2A-429-000000720F9D0B9F_zps17c17878.jpg

be careful on the tikka LA calibers if you plan on upgrading to a chassis system. roedale is the only one I have heard of that may work with the LA calibers.

be careful on the tikka LA calibers if you plan on upgrading to a chassis system. roedale is the only one I have heard of that may work with the LA calibers.

Yeah, I spent most of lunch today pondering my caliber selection because I already have 308 AICS mags...an XLR chassis for a Tikka in 260 is sounding better and better.

^^ Seriously WOW. One of the coolest and best looking setups I've seen in a while.

Oops thought the posts had not worked seems they have now poped up with several different versions.. Sorry for the duplicates my bad.

Gary

After seeing this thread I ordered a T3 in .243, I need to stay away from the hide before I go broke haha where are you guys finding your aftermarket bolt handles?

After seeing this thread I ordered a T3 in .243, I need to stay away from the hide before I go broke haha

I agree, these guys are a bad influence! I have too many new (expensive) ideas since I started hangin' here. A Tikka T3 Sporter in XLR chassis is on my shopping list.

T3 TAC 300wm

Here's mine. Still pretty standard but soon it will get some upgrades!

attachment.php

Last edited:
T3 TAC 300wm

Here's mine. Still pretty standard but soon it will get som upgrades! (got the picture right this time)

attachment.php

20130323_225618_zpsf10de082.jpg

My work in progress, T3 Scout .308 in a KRG Whiskey 3 gen 2 folder, Seekins medium rings and a qd Atlas bipod. Hopefully I will have glass for it by the time I am off orders.

For those who have custom T3's, a few questions for you.

Did you have any truing done to the action before re-barreling?
Did you switch to a standard recoil lug, or use the factory one?

T3 Lite in -06, Leupold VX-R 2-7x33, Warne rings, and Vtac. 7 lbs unloaded. Got the Vtac idea from Mackays rifle. Sure helps in the mountains, navigating inclines and boulders.

tikka06.jpg

I am glad I could provide a little bit of help. It really makes a difference, even with sporter weight rifles in steep terrain when you can use both hands to climb. The VTAC type 2 point sling has proven to be excellent for this. Being able to cinch it down and concentrate on navigating the landscape makes a big difference when you hunt the steep stuff.

Here's mine...

Roedale chassis
Sporter 308
Razor hd

I wanted to try out the chassis. It's awesome, but it's not for me. I really liked the the TRG ergonomics. I want to go to a W3C. So it's for sale.

image_zpsd1f0566f.jpg

My Tikka addiction has begun.

Left is a 308, right is a 243 with Zeiss 4.5-14x50 mildot and TPS rings.
2013-01-28_21-19-25_641.jpg

Here is what the 308 looks like now.

Chester_zps9683609c.jpg

Chester-in-the-snow_zps97fc5be3.jpg

Cheste-scoped_zps1150747d.jpg

Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50
Leupold Mark 4 medium aluminum rings
EGW 0 MOA base
Southwest Precision cheek piece
KWM bolt knob from my 243. Need to get a new one for the 243.
Textured the stock using Devcon.
Will be painting it when the weather warms up.

Let the load development being.
I've got some 168gr AMAX's, and 180gr SST's to work up.

Last edited:
Tikka did it right with such a robust action. Savage should just base all bolt action off the target action. Remington would save money just to make it similar to a Stller action with less machining processes and a more robust action. The precision shooters are ten years ahead of the manufacturers.

My Tikka T-3 chambered in 243, cut barrel to 16" from bolt face and had Vais break installed.....Friend of mine Dura-Coat it for me. I've laid a lot of Coyotes to rest with this rifle. Does pretty good on paper too....... Soon its going to get new bottom metal and modified for AI mags.

Sam012.jpg