• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Super Varmint

Apothus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2007
Prescott, Arizona
So I did a little looking on the internet, and I've decided I want a Tikka Super Varmint in 6.5x55 Swede. I went to 3 different gun stores in my area, and they looked through all the different distributors that they use, and none of them even list the Super Varmint, let alone one in 6.5x55. Can anyone shed some light on where I might find one of these things? I'm not ready to buy right away, but it would be nice to at least have a source for one, even if I have to FFL transfer one to me.

Thanks

Re: Tikka T3 Super Varmint

Yes...

Exceedingly aggravating. I emailed Beretta about, more or less the same thing. They replied saying something about a minimum order of 250 units and so on. Anyway, you can't get one in anything other than chocolate and vanilla. Baretta will steer you towards a Sako.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of conflict from the Sako side of the factory but that's just my mind wandering. It amazes me how many people buy a Tikka because they're pretty sure it will shoot. What a concept.

I think there are a lot of people wanting a heavy-barreled tikka in more calibers. There is the sporter but that's a lot to pay if you just want the barreled action. I can see them trying to steer people towards a sako but I don't think they import a heavy-barreled sako in 6.5x55 right now. I think the only option currently is the tikka sporter. I think a 6.5x55 tikka varmint would do quite well in the states but I have been wrong before.

One of the better gun stores carries the super varmint here in North East Ohio - at least that's what they told me over the phone. I will confirm soon in person.

JMonkey...if you do, let me know. I would be very interested as well.

beretta is the worst gun customer service company in the business. getting them to make sane decisions on tikka's is a joke. they stopped selling the 308 varmint model, no you have to buy a tactical model that costs nearly double. imagine a heavy barreled 6.5-284 norma, I recently ligudated a few guns to pay for a project the 6.5-284 savage I had drew by far the most interest.

Canada has a better selection of Tikka's than the US. If $$$$ is not an issue, you can order one from Canada and have it imported to the US. It will cost you a bit of $$$ but it can be done.

Contact the Canada importer and they can get you lined up with a dealer in Canada. Then you will need to find an importer to the US. Pay the CA dealer, pay the importer and pay the US the import fee...OR just buy a T3 and have it rebarreled. Was going to get one imported but my $$$$ supply ran out and gave up on the importation but it can be done.
Stoeger is the importer.
[email protected]

I wanted the Super Varmint too (in 223). It sucks we can't get them in the U.S.

You could try Jaqua's. They are located in Findley, OH. They might be able to order it. They are where I bought my Sako from.

If you ever make it there they have a unbelievable selection. Everything from Sako to Kimber, not including pistols and shot guns. I picked up a shot gun and looked at it. Then I looked at the price. It was around $15,000. Look at the pic at the top of there website. they are 4 deep to. If I remember right they are also a class 3 dealer too.

http://www.jaquas.com/default.asp