• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Nice!

Does the CTR come with a black bolt body, or did you blacken it? My Varmint has silver bolt body. Thought about trying to blacken it, but worried that would effect the smoothness of the action.
I believe the CTR is Teflon. Certainly smoother running than the stainless bolts.

Not saying that the stainless isn't smooth but I have both and IMHO , the Teflon coated bolt is slicker. Certainly not enough of a difference to chose one over the other but the Teflon is like greased snot.

How did you determine it doesn't need to be bedded?
I think bedding is gunsmith gravy, just the same as truing actions. Nothing I have is bedded and nothing ever will be. I think the only thing bedding does is devalue the $800 rifle stock you just bought. I will not buy a bedded stock.

I think bedding is gunsmith gravy, just the same as truing actions. Nothing I have is bedded and nothing ever will be. I think the only thing bedding does is devalue the $800 rifle stock you just bought. I will not buy a bedded stock.

Respectfully disagree. I have bedded a few sticks and saw vast improvements. That said, I do my own.

Reactions: tree man
Battle zone of two 6.5 creedmoors ☠.

GB3.JPG

Got the new Tikka CTR 6.5cm out to the range today. Shot a box of Hornady 140gr ELD-M and this was the last 5-round group at 100 yards. Had a couple others just over half an inch as well. Best group at 200 yards was 1.430" with Hornady American Gunner 140gr BTHP. This was my first time shooting a single stage trigger and it was a little weird for me. Most of my guns have Timney 2-stage triggers. I think I need to adjust the trigger weight down. I can probably get more out of this with a lighter trigger. Very happy with my decision to buy a Tikka.

2019-11-17_03-30-49 by Bob, on Flickr

Reactions: perttime
Thank´s :)

Next i plan to move to 139gr Scenar and VV 160 powder.

Hey Viking,
just have read your post here.

Want to share my experience with the VV N160, if you like.

With a load of 107% I got the 139 Scenar up to 808m/s, pressure was at 87% according to QL, no pressure signs at all.

I don´t want to go past those 107% load.
So just in my opinion, the N160 is to slow for this caliber.

Just my 2cents.

Got the new Tikka CTR 6.5cm out to the range today. Shot a box of Hornady 140gr ELD-M and this was the last 5-round group at 100 yards. Had a couple others just over half an inch as well. Best group at 200 yards was 1.430" with Hornady American Gunner 140gr BTHP. This was my first time shooting a single stage trigger and it was a little weird for me. Most of my guns have Timney 2-stage triggers. I think I need to adjust the trigger weight down. I can probably get more out of this with a lighter trigger. Very happy with my decision to buy a Tikka.

2019-11-17_03-30-49 by Bob, on Flickr

You can loose that trigger weigth of pull easily to less than 2lbs, and if you want to go 20oz, get a cheap but good yodave spring, helps´s to get those groups tighter.
Well done anyways.
Is it 24" CTR?

You can loose that trigger weigth of pull easily to less than 2lbs, and if you want to go 20oz, get a cheap but good yodave spring, helps´s to get those groups tighter.
Well done anyways.
Is it 24" CTR?

Thanks! It does have the 24" barrel. I am going to be installing my Mountain Tactical 20moa rail today and I will see what I can do with the factory trigger spring before I decide if I need a YoDave.

Bob

Reactions: viking78
What are you guys replacing the springs getting weight wise?

Id like to get to 2lbs, my 3 tikkas are all around 2.5 with the stock spring

What are you guys replacing the springs getting weight wise?

Id like to get to 2lbs, my 3 tikkas are all around 2.5 with the stock spring
I don't have a pull gauge but its just a bit heavier than my Jewell set at 1lb and less than the factory, so with the Elay Precision spring, probably looking at 1.5-2lb.

Anyone have a short action bolt stop that they wanna trade for a long action? Or anyone have a short stop hangin out they dont need and want to sell?

640BBC6A-631F-4FC9-8E80-6EDE3B809888.jpeg

Here is my (almost) finished project. T3x with a prefit 26” heavy Palma barrel chambered in 6.5cm and made by preferred barrels in Utah with a fat bastard hanging off the end. KRG W-3 cradling the perfection that is a Tikka action with a Sterk swept bolt handle. Just waiting on the funds to buy a gen 2 razor ?

View attachment 7189155
Here is my (almost) finished project. T3x with a prefit 26” heavy Palma barrel chambered in 6.5cm and made by preferred barrels in Utah with a fat bastard hanging off the end. KRG W-3 cradling the perfection that is a Tikka action with a Sterk swept bolt handle. Just waiting on the funds to buy a gen 2 razor ?

I bet you would like KRG spigot mount ;)

View attachment 7189155
How's that barrel shoot?

How's that barrel shoot?
Well I’m glad you asked. This is all factory 140gr offerings. Hornady American Gunner BTHP, ELD-M, and factory Berger hybrid target that is Lapua small primer brass and Berger bullets.
2A7BEA43-3C3E-4A75-A114-B6D103CDE0CA.jpeg
05F935DB-EBE0-4FB5-9657-2F3A4D6152D0.jpeg
B712276F-3DF7-451C-AFBD-5EBF6646F699.jpeg
3F657CBF-9004-4F8F-9F17-2BD20FB48A91.jpeg
37A4DDDA-12D4-4C20-9AAB-D60EF1436674.jpeg

I have a full 75 rounds through the barrel after this outing. It’s definitely shooting a lot better than it was the other day with the first 30 through it. I just have to test 147gr ELD M now. I have a lot of practice to do from here now lol

Reactions: clcustom1911
Well I’m glad you asked. This is all factory 140gr offerings. Hornady American Gunner BTHP, ELD-M, and factory Berger hybrid target that is Lapua small primer brass and Berger bullets.
View attachment 7189700View attachment 7189701View attachment 7189702View attachment 7189703View attachment 7189704
I have a full 75 rounds through the barrel after this outing. It’s definitely shooting a lot better than it was the other day with the first 30 through it. I just have to test 147gr ELD M now. I have a lot of practice to do from here now lol
Badass. How much improvement over the factory barrel?

Badass. How much improvement over the factory barrel?
The factory barrel I only got 15 rounds through as a function test to make sure everything worked (bought used off here) as it was a lite barrel. It shot moa at best @ 100 yards. From everything I’ve seen from folks on Instagram that have these barrels, they shoot well. I just need a lot practice with not flinching and light triggers lol

The factory barrel I only got 15 rounds through as a function test to make sure everything worked (bought used off here) as it was a lite barrel. It shot moa at best @ 100 yards. From everything I’ve seen from folks on Instagram that have these barrels, they shoot well. I just need a lot practice with not flinching and light triggers lol
Copy. My lite barrel in my T3x 7mm RemMag is a solid MOA barrel. .75moa with my hand loads. My Ruger Precision 6.5CR is gonna magically transform into T3x Tac A1 in 6.5CR pretty soon, so that should be exciting.

Gonna be nice to have a stable of sexy Finnish girls LOL.

Copy. My lite barrel in my T3x 7mm RemMag is a solid MOA barrel. .75moa with my hand loads. My Ruger Precision 6.5CR is gonna magically transform into T3x Tac A1 in 6.5CR pretty soon, so that should be exciting.

Gonna be nice to have a stable of sexy Finnish girls LOL.
Them Finns know how to make some quality rifles lol can’t go wrong with a Tac A1 either!

Awesome rifles. Although I don't love my T3X, I can see why people do and think it would make a great platform to build off of.