• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Of the 2 that I have gotten, the Glades and the Anarchy, the anarchy has the most swept back handle. The glades armory handle isn't swept back as much. The one thing that the glades has going for it is the size of the rounded knob. The PTG knob is significantly smaller like Lunchbox27 said. I found that the Anarchy handle and Glades knob is a very good combo. However, if you end up buying the glades handle and decide to use the PTG knob, you will be cutting threads off of the stud as they made it ridiculously long for some reason. Look for my review once I get my Sterk handle in, I will include pictures, measurements, etc on everything so people will have something to reference.

Sounds good,

It would be nice if the cheapest handle was the nicest, but like most things I assume the Sterks is going to be the most swept back with the best ball handle.

Patiently awaiting a review. Want to get something to replace my current varmint bolt handle.

Sounds good,

It would be nice if the cheapest handle was the nicest, but like most things I assume the Sterks is going to be the most swept back with the best ball handle.

Patiently awaiting a review. Want to get something to replace my current varmint bolt handle.

If your wanting one now, I'd recommend the Anarchy swept handle with the Glades rounded knob. I really like the sterk (the little bit I played with one) and he just finished up a batch and may have an extra but I can't guarantee it.

Soooo excited my tikka ctr will be in tomorrow, went ahead and got the 6.5 20". Originally wanted the 24 but ill likely do some hunting this year and want to be able to shoot a match and hunt with one gun for now. Project has been in the works for a while I already have a mcmillan a5 and a vortex razor gen 2 I picked up here off the exchange. All thats left is a 20 moa mount I planned on ordering the mountain tactical base and I like the fact that it has the tikka recoil lug, but I also have to make an order from midway for some odds and ends and some factory ammo that I'm gonna test before I do load development. While looking I found a nightforce base it would be nice to order all in one place but if the mountain tactical is a step above I dont mind placing two orders what do you guys recommend?

Order what you think is right for you. If you don't, you'll likely find yourself regretting it later or ordering it later anyway. If you like the mountain tactical mount, get it and don't look back.

If your wanting one now, I'd recommend the Anarchy swept handle with the Glades rounded knob. I really like the sterk (the little bit I played with one) and he just finished up a batch and may have an extra but I can't guarantee it.

I think I am gonna go with the anarchy handle and just buy a 1" threaded ball knob from MSC.

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/08056459

They sell them in Steel, Stainless, Brass and Aluminum and in diameters of 1" and 1.375"

Nothing wrong with the AI mags in mine using CDI bottom metal. They feed just as slick as any other rifle.

Good to know. I ordered the stock today and the CDI DBM. Been a McMillan fan for a while, decided to give Manners a shot. I'll put up some pics when it arrives.

I would like to see Tikka modify their rifle action to accept Magpul AICS type mags. Currently they will not fit enough up into the action and modding the mags will weaken and ruin the feed lips. I know there are other good alternatives to the factory mags if you must have an aftermarket mag which have a better price, but IMHO, the very slight amount of material you would need to remove from the action by editing your CNC mill program would be super easy and I highly doubt it would cause any sacrifice in the integrity and rigidity of the action. Tikka would be losing some money though.

I am thoroughly impressed with my Tac A1 in .308. Zero'ed it two weeks ago and this past weekend too it out to 1,000 yards. I was having a bit of trouble with my Steiner Military 4-16 to get the parallax right. Just couldn't get the image to stop being fuzzy. Either way, I was able to make contact with steel at 1,000 yards multiple times. We lucked out and there was virtually no wind.

Prior or to this I've only to to 700 with my OBR and on only one occasion so I am a total noob. Can't believe how accurate that rifle was.

Here is is the target from when I zero'ed it, and a view through the scope of the 1,000yard target.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 92
I would like to see Tikka modify their rifle action to accept Magpul AICS type mags. Currently they will not fit enough up into the action and modding the mags will weaken and ruin the feed lips. I know there are other good alternatives to the factory mags if you must have an aftermarket mag which have a better price, but IMHO, the very slight amount of material you would need to remove from the action by editing your CNC mill program would be super easy and I highly doubt it would cause any sacrifice in the integrity and rigidity of the action. Tikka would be losing some money though.

Why not just take a dremel to the action instead of the rifle if you are so concerned with feed lip integrity.

What would be the benefit to them for doing this? I can understand more why they wouldn't want to do it than why they would. They're offering a couple very nice options and obviously listening to shooters to offer what they want, and they build these select long range rifles with a chassis or bottom metal option that uses their mags which are excellent. Any manufacturer is going to want you running their product and the fact is most of the people buying their rifles are not going to swap them to an aftermarket chassis. The other issue is any time you remove more metal from an action you weaken it. Could it safely be done? I don't know, I'm not an engineer but regardless they obviously have a good design. Doing this would also likely mean doing it for the entire line, they obviously run the same action for everything to keep production costs down and R&D not to mention the same part compatibly aside from mags, bolt stop, and bolt. If anything I could see them introducing a specific action design before anything else but I don't know why they'd even want to do that. The action is a fairly trimmed down design though so my guess would be that there would be a trade off somewhere but again, I'm no engineer.

Their mags aren't as cheap as magpuls and they're a bit higher than AI's but they're not outrageous and the quality is great. Euro Optic lists the 5 rounders at $70 which is the lowest I've seen for that but don't have the 10's list on their site. If they have them in stock and just not listed, or don't have them in I'd bet they have a good price on them as well. Regardless it's not like its a Glock 19 that you may want 20+ mags for. 4-5 10rd mags is more than sufficient and even with the slightly higher price (than AI options) you're still getting an excellent value overall with the rifle.

If you want mag sticker shock look at the TRG mags and also consider that the prices for those have come down in recent years. Or better yet look at the price for the Cadex 375/408 Cheytac mags, my butt puckered a little when I saw what I'll be paying for some extra mags when I get one and I'm not normally one to think twice about the cost for quality accessories. Look at those and it will put a new perspective on things. My understanding is that mags are one of the more expensive parts to retool for, all of them are probably pretty similar in cost to produce as far as materials and time but the expense is getting to that point, and how many will they sell.

What I think would be cool would be to see is some companies offer rifles that will use the AI AXMC mags, a double stack double feed 10rd 300/338 is just badass. This would almost certainly require a full action and chassis (or bottom metal) redesign because of their incredible width, and the demand for magnum rifles in the civilian community is far less than that of 308 sized, but it would be sweet and there's certainly some gaps in the market for top tier magnum long range rifles. I'm won't if nobody does though because I already have an AXMC and it would take a hell of a rifle for me to get rid of it.

Redneck, a couple details with respect to your post.

The Tikka TSR-1 that I picked up as a limited run through Eurotech has an action with an integral 20 moa rail on it. That is not their standard short action, so it appears that maybe they are willing to do limited runs if it meets a target audience.

photo70000.jpg

Please excuse the shortened picture. Something in the translation of this picture compressed things side-to-side.

When I bought my TSR-1 from them, I picked up two extra 10-round CTR style mags at $70 and change each. That is the cheapest that I have ever paid for an AIAW magazine. So their mag price for these is roughly equal to AI mag prices in my experience.

Attachments

• photo69048.jpg
    photo69048.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 67
Just a heads up I have a ctr t3x stock, rail, bolt handle, 1 used mag and 1 new mag in wrapper coming to sale shortly. You guys have the first dibs. Pics will come when my whiskey 3 shows up:)

So has anyone done a 6 dasher on their tikka? Is it possible? I know they're finicky little rounds about ejection and what not any insite would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So has anyone done a 6 dasher on their tikka? Is it possible? I know they're finicky little rounds about ejection and what not any insite would be appreciated

Waiting for my barrel to arrive, but I did some extraction testing with BR cases on my old barrel and it seemed to be fine. As noted, there are others doing the same. Once I have mine together I'll post.

Awesome thanks for the info

Are you running the spacer in the mags?

Just got my Manners stock. Anyone have issues getting their recoil lug in? This thing is VERY TIGHT. Gonna need a hammer to get it in but before I jump to that wanted to check and see if there is any other way

Are you running the spacer in the mags?

Yes. I believe the ones I have are the Primal Rights ones. I won't get the barrel for a couple of months, so presently I'm collecting all the pieces to make this happen.

My Tikka 3X CTR 24"6.5cm finally came in so the wife and I jumped in the car yesterday morning early and headed the 1.5 hr drive to my buddies gun shop to get it along with the athalon Cronus btr. Then we headed off to the range. Ran some factory ammo thru it for zero and coolings I started my ladder test that I prepared Friday night. Unfortunately my wife got tired at being at the range (doing a ladder test on another rifle also) so I literally got two loads tested but only got 1 target since I left the 2nd target and 3 fresh ones sitting at 100yrds due to range being hot. Pic is the 1st load. 2nd load was better but had to go.
Gun is shooting amazing. Already shooting amazing 143 eld-x and just started, never had this before. My 300 wm custom took 3 full ladder tests before I found its load/bullet.
My first Tikka. Things I like over my others is mag release, weight, trigger (minus my Calvin Timney) and recoil pad. Love the bolt!!!

So this afternoon I went in to my local Scheels and got a 20 moa rail. Read the thread on the horror of removing the factory rail, I had to heat up the back two screws and the screws were all out. I hit the rail with a soft face hammer to loosen just two times per side and it was off. Nothing really to clean, I ran my nail across it a bunch to confirm but nothing. Installed rail, blue lock tight, reinstalled scope, confirmed level and setup.

Very excited about getting back out to the range against complete zero and finish the ladder test and stretch its legs to the range limit of 600yds.

I read a lot on here. Thanks a lot for all the information that has got me to this place with this rife.

Attachments

• photo70487.jpg
    photo70487.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 52
Nothing wrong with the AI mags in mine using CDI bottom metal. They feed just as slick as any other rifle.

Did you have to have your action milled to work with magazines? I got the CDI bottom metal in the stock but no magazine will lock, they're all blocked by the action. I tried AICS mags, accurate and CDI single shot sled.

Nope.

Who did the inlet work on your stock? Sounds like it went in too deep. Try and shim the bottom metal with some washers. No action work should be needed nor should you have to modify the bottom metal.

Nope.

Who did the inlet work on your stock? Sounds like it went in too deep. Try and shim the bottom metal with some washers. No action work should be needed nor should you have to modify the bottom metal.

Manners inletted the stock for the CDI. I'll try the washers and see if it helps

So, bottom metal alone with the magazine in... Made a mark where it's seated and locked. Placed back in the stock and inserted the mag and made another mark. The magazine is not seating deep enough to lock, but contacting the action. It's a difference of 0.092". That's a hell of a difference.

I sent a stock to CDI to have them inlet it, and they said that if you send the action they'll go ahead and fit it for you, otherwise you'll have to trim the catch. Manners may have cut the inlet a hair deep, but after talking to CDI I think they leave the catch long to begin with.

I sent a stock to CDI to have them inlet it, and they said that if you send the action they'll go ahead and fit it for you, otherwise you'll have to trim the catch. Manners may have cut the inlet a hair deep, but after talking to CDI I think they leave the catch long to begin with.

I sent Jeff at CDI a question on it. I'll see what he says. The bottom metal fits completely flush with the stock. I would think if they went too deep it would show, especially at 0.092". For me to add washers the bottom metal would protrude. If it's as easy as trimming the mag release then so be it. I'll update when I know more from Jeff.

thanks for the help!

It's not unusual to have to trim lever length for optimal fit. I've talked with McMillan and they told me their stocks don't have a standard rear pinch/pillar height and that they inlet the seating depth for the DBM to be flush with the bottom of the stock. Sometimes lever will be too long and mag won't lock in, sometimes it's too short and mag sits too low to reliably pick up rounds.

FYI, I just got an email from Whittaker guns; looks like they got the 24" 6.5CM CTR (blued) back in stock. I got mine from them at a phenomenal price before, I'm not sure what it is now though.

What are you guys using for bore guides on your 6.5 ctrs I can't seem to find definitive info on what will work other than the Lucas guides. I would really like something I can order from midway or brownells so I can order other things at the same time.

What are you guys using for bore guides on your 6.5 ctrs I can't seem to find definitive info on what will work other than the Lucas guides. I would really like something I can order from midway or brownells so I can order other things at the same time.

I am using the Pro Shot Bore Guide for .26 Cal. - .30 Cal. Long Action. This is adjustable and will also work with short actions. Link below:

Just received my glades armory swept handle and rounded knob. It's not as swept back as I'd like, but the knob is bigger then the PTG which I prefer. More to come once I get the sterk in.
0354bd27689b154cca36cc5de1981d29.jpg
27ec8cd411d2a9b407a43b659db589ea.jpg
9862e517e80c78d0d2f78465a8577a4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks good for my needs/wants. I am not looking for any more sweep than that. Ordered one yesterday from Glades after seeing your pics.

Looks good for my needs/wants. I am not looking for any more sweep than that. Ordered one yesterday from Glades after seeing your pics.

You can't go wrong with it. I just didn't much care for it since it wasn't to different from the factory handle. However, the size of the rounded knob is what I prefer, it gives plenty to get ahold of.

Contact Eric at Possum Hollow. I have his for several rifles including my CTR.

It's not unusual to have to trim lever length for optimal fit. I've talked with McMillan and they told me their stocks don't have a standard rear pinch/pillar height and that they inlet the seating depth for the DBM to be flush with the bottom of the stock. Sometimes lever will be too long and mag won't lock in, sometimes it's too short and mag sits too low to reliably pick up rounds.

Jeff told me the same. The mag latch needed a good trim. Its locking now and feeding fine from all maga. Thanks for the help, ill get some picks up as soon as I can

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my new rifle. Got it last Saturday, posted a pic earlier of my group but not of the rifle. Anyway was at the range again today. Getting it dialed in better. Love the rifle, the reticle on the Cronus is so fine it washes out on the target so I run illumination but also found when doing the ladder test that putting a bigger red dot helped. Anyway this will work for 2017 deer and 2018 plates and hopefully a match or two. Very excited

Attachments

• photo71087.jpg
    photo71087.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 74
  • photo71088.jpg
    photo71088.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 73
Neither. Anarchy w ptg ball. My sterk will be here this week to be replace it (maybe) I got tired of waiting for jon and he emails me the knob is ready the day I get the anarchy order in lol

Lol, thats how shit works! Ahhh thats the same one i have. Must be the angle, yours looks more like the glades.

Lol, thats how shit works! Ahhh thats the same one i have. Must be the angle, yours looks more like the glades.
The glades was very disappointing when I got it. I ended up ditching the handle and throwing they're knob on the anarchy handle instead of the PTG knob.

The glades was very disappointing when I got it. I ended up ditching the handle and throwing they're knob on the anarchy handle instead of the PTG knob.

Im going to do the same. The PTG ball is just a little small

Just got my bolt shroud, swept handle and rounded knob today. Can't wait to try it out!
1b3aeaf6fdedbc5cb577e1b7b54b953f.jpg

Yay, glad it made it from here in Australia, let us know how it compares. Thanks kabar for your support too, glad you like the 'original' ;) love those builds.