• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Well, I have the Tikka TSR-1 and all that the manual says is pretty much this:

"This is a rifle that shoots boolits and can hurt you, so you have been warned. It works a lot like a rifle so have at it and try not to hurt yourself." "Oh, and thank you for buying our shit."

But to their credit, they say that in like 64 different languages.

I guess they send the same manual with all T3x's if yours says 62in-lbs also

Yes, mine says 62, which I think would break the plastic trigger guard...not sure, but I don't want to find out the hard way.

Last edited:
Just got my first of 3 swept ball handles to test out. This one is Anarchy outdoors with a PTG rounded knob. Should be getting the glades armory here soon and the sterk in a few weeks. Looking forward to doing a comparison of the 3.
e1420a418c57f859ec7c3d3d053fce36.jpg
de139d3847e09d23f1256a3837634bb0.jpg
48507e1858e7fccbd6a1d0a0c375defe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brighthighlight
Gonna paint mine for now, maybe flat black to try and match. Gonna get the whole thing cerakoted down the road when I change the barrel.

Got mine too. Just wondering if I want to go the same route with my other two Tikkas.

ARwKIwr.jpg

vRxXZUX.jpg
If I do end up running the anarchy handle I'm going to get it cerakoted black. I will see though after I compare it to the sterk and the glades armory handle.

I have the Sterk, the titanium Lumley Arms and Glades Armory bolt handles, the Sterk in on a X-Ray, the Glades Armory is on a hunter wood stock and the Lumley Arms on a McMillan A3-5, each one has their own beauty. That Anarchy looks a lot like the Sterk but at half the price. I would give it a shot.

Last edited:
Is there any benefit to the swept back or is it just for looks?

Is there any benefit to the swept back or is it just for looks?

Its really just personal preference. I like where the swept handle places the knob more over my knuckles then over my finger tips. I got turned onto them after using a friend of mines Accuracy International which also has a swept ball handle, so after that I had to have one.

Its really just personal preference. I like where the swept handle places the knob more over my knuckles then over my finger tips. I got turned onto them after using a friend of mines Accuracy International which also has a swept ball handle, so after that I had to have one.

So, do you lift up just by pushing your hand up or do you grab it with your palm? Does it make the lift off feel lighter?

So, do you lift up just by pushing your hand up or do you grab it with your palm? Does it make the lift off feel lighter?
I use my thumb on the shelf as a pivot point and use a knife hand to lift up the bolt. Then use my thumb too push the bolt home and close it. I will try to get a video of it tonight. I have noticed a difference in the bolt throw, I don't have to run it as hard now.
7e72f83b8cc86205ba34b1d014b0ceb8.jpg

If I do end up running the anarchy handle I'm going to get it cerakoted black. I will see though after I compare it to the sterk and the glades armory handle.

I forgot about mine and Cerakoted a rifle yesterday. I had everything cleaned up and put away and then walked to the mailbox. After I opened the envelope it dawned on me that I just had enough left to do the handle and knob....damn. Oh well, I ordered another handle today for my 22-250 and will run the factory CTR handle on my 7 mag.

know this is purely cosmetic, but will someone please make a halfway decent looking bolt shroud for the T3? Take a look at the Sako TRG, Sako 75/85, or even the A7. Thats the only part of the Tikka that I think gives it a "cheap" look.

Ideas:
image_69044.jpg
image_69046.jpg

Attachments

• l_913400567_2_m.jpg
    l_913400567_2_m.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 30
Okay, so this has really been a good discussion about the options for swept handles, but I did want to post a slight change to my stock cheek piece I did tonight.

The TSR-1 came with a very nice stock pack made by Tactical Tailor. However, I plan to use mine for a while in local matches, where it is pretty normal to expect things like weak side shooting and other fun challenges. The stock pack is not the best option for this use.

photo69049.jpg

I think that I can use the nice stock pack on my .30-06

Attachments

• photo67020.jpg
    photo67020.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 68
  • attach6589974.jpg
    attach6589974.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 68
  • photo69048.jpg
    photo69048.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
know this is purely cosmetic, but will someone please make a halfway decent looking bolt shroud for the T3? Take a look at the Sako TRG, Sako 75/85, or even the A7. Thats the only part of the Tikka that I think gives it a "cheap" look.

Ideas:

There are already a number of companies offering aluminum and stainless bolt shrouds for the T3, including Berreta:

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/t3x-metal-bolt-shroud-t3x-shroud/s54065177/

https://tikkaperformance.com/index.php?_route_=tikka-t3-bolt-shroud

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=tikka+bolt+shroud

http://gladesarmory.com/tikka/33/tikka-t3-cnc-machined-aluminum-shroud-black.html

http://coretacsolutions.com/products_TIKKA_performance_center.htm

Yeah, I haven't found one I thought was worth upgrading to though. I'd like to see one that looked like it belonged on a Sako.

Okay, well the pictures you posted of the Sako shrouds look to me just like the metal offerings for the T3, but just with checkering on the top surface. About any gunsmith could do that for you for a fee. But you will typically not get that for the $50 range since that checkering takes a while to set up and run. Machine time = $$, set up time = $$

Thanks, I'm aware of what's out there and aware of what's on my Tikka's. I'd like to see a knurled shroud similar to what's on other Sako rifles. It isn't as simple as having a smith checker and refinish the metal as the factory shroud is rounded on all sides. Just my personal preference.

Should be a pretty simple task for someone with the equipment, just throwing this out there in case anyone of them are watching.

Thanks, I'm aware of what's out there and aware of what's on my Tikka's. I'd like to see a knurled shroud similar to what's on other Sako rifles. It isn't as simple as having a smith checker and refinish the metal as the factory shroud is rounded on all sides. Just my personal preference.

Should be a pretty simple task for someone with the equipment, just throwing this out there in case anyone of them are watching.

They are watching... I currently offer an angular titanium shroud (Sterk), and something new is also on the way.

Hey Lash. Very cool.

Check under your bolt handle and see if there is a number inscribed in gold. I'm #179, another guy with the burnt Bronze is #32x something.

Pretty cool oil that they seemed to have numbered these limited edition TSR's.

Hey Lash. Very cool.

Check under your bolt handle and see if there is a number inscribed in gold. I'm #179, another guy with the burnt Bronze is #32x something.

I didn't know that. I'll have to check and see. Thanks for pointing that out.

Just received my glades armory swept handle and rounded knob. It's not as swept back as I'd like, but the knob is bigger then the PTG which I prefer. More to come once I get the sterk in.
0354bd27689b154cca36cc5de1981d29.jpg
27ec8cd411d2a9b407a43b659db589ea.jpg
9862e517e80c78d0d2f78465a8577a4f.jpg

Hey Lash. Very cool.

Mine is #663. I'm not surprised, as I resisted this purchase as much as I could, but in the end, it was such a good deal, that I blew my annual shooting budget and picked one up before they were all gone. I'm glad that I did now, as I do not think that there is another entry level tactical match-ready rifle that is close to this at this price. Biased I am,

Interesting. I thought there was only going to be 400 made. I'm gonna follow up with Berretta USA and see what they say about production numbers.

I have a EGW base and looking for 30mm rings. What height do I need to ensure a 44 mm objective scope clears the barrel? I'm looking at Leupold PRW and the Mark 4 rings. I don't want to buy a bunch of things and have to return them.

I have a EGW base and looking for 30mm rings. What height do I need to ensure a 44 mm objective scope clears the barrel? I'm looking at Leupold PRW and the Mark 4 rings. I don't want to buy a bunch of things and have to return them.

I had Badger low rings on my CTR with the EGW 20 MOA rail and a Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 x 44 and it cleared even with the Vortex covers on it.

Does anyone run a Cadex chassis? If so are there any issues with certain bolt knobs not giving as much length as desired protruding the stock? I'm ordering a Lite Strike through Euro Optic for a 6x47L build and the bolt knob/handle is one of the last parts on my list to acquire. I'm really liking the swept (AI style) designs.

What do you guys think of TPS TSR or Seekins precsion (both aluminum)? They will be mated to a EGW 0 MOA rail with a 44 mm scope.

I have some TPS rings. They work well, and haven't caused any issues in almost 2 years since I've purchased them. I think they're a great value.

What do you guys think of TPS TSR or Seekins precsion (both aluminum)? They will be mated to a EGW 0 MOA rail with a 44 mm scope.

I haven't had any issues with either but I believe the Seekins are nicer overall. Thats my go-to ring choice, I haven't found anything better.

I haven't had any issues with either but I believe the Seekins are nicer overall. Thats my go-to ring choice, I haven't found anything better.

Thanks

Which height would you recommend for a base that is 0.35" high and a 44 mm scope?

I would guess either mediums or lows but really depends on your setup. Mediums have worked well for me on several rifles.

Anyone use CDI bottom metal with their tikka? I have a stock I'm looking at but its already inletted for CDI and I am seeing that aics pattern mags have issues feeding and MDT mags are recommended. I have a bunch of aics mags already... Do I need to get mdt mags now or is this an easy fix?

Anyone know how the glades armory swept handle compares to the Sterk swept handle.

Tevan is doing a review of all swept bolt handles. Just waiting for his Sterk to arrive. He already put up info on the Two. I got mine in from archery outdoors and the PTG bolt knob. The knob is a little on the small side but not that bad. I painted mine for now flat black and it actually matched the receiver really well.

Anyone use CDI bottom metal with their tikka? I have a stock I'm looking at but its already inletted for CDI and I am seeing that aics pattern mags have issues feeding and MDT mags are recommended. I have a bunch of aics mags already... Do I need to get mdt mags now or is this an easy fix?

Long action or short action?

tikka t3 tac a1 260 rem - 3 shot group 4350, win lr primer, Hrndy 7-08 cases, and the Nosler 140 RDF - jammed it into the lands and it shot way better than backed off.

Attachments

• photo69700.jpg
    photo69700.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 48

Nothing wrong with the AI mags in mine using CDI bottom metal. They feed just as slick as any other rifle.

Anyone know how the glades armory swept handle compares to the Sterk swept handle.

Of the 2 that I have gotten, the Glades and the Anarchy, the anarchy has the most swept back handle. The glades armory handle isn't swept back as much. The one thing that the glades has going for it is the size of the rounded knob. The PTG knob is significantly smaller like Lunchbox27 said. I found that the Anarchy handle and Glades knob is a very good combo. However, if you end up buying the glades handle and decide to use the PTG knob, you will be cutting threads off of the stud as they made it ridiculously long for some reason. Look for my review once I get my Sterk handle in, I will include pictures, measurements, etc on everything so people will have something to reference.