• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

I'm running an EGW 20 MOA base with SPUHR SP-4001. The EGW base is nice but it doesn't engage the action like the factory base. It's basically 2 flat pieces held together with screws and I've had them come loose once already.

Which EGW base are you using? I don't know any that is made of two pieces.

I'm with HoustonB77. I am using the 0 MOA stock rail and a stock scope and shooting out to 1000+ regularly with no issues. With a Vortex Gen 2, you should have no problem, unless you are shooting ELR distances.

Not sure what happened to my post so I will try it again.

bRDcJRL.jpg

First ever semi custom build.

Tikka T3X Lite action
27" 7 WSM Carbon Barrel
XLR Carbon Chassis with Tac Lite buttstock
And Carbon swept bolt handle

180 ELDMs are shooting sub MOA right out of the gate at 3080 fps and with the 23.5 MILs I have to work with now that I am sighted in with the Vortex AMG it should be able to get them a ways out there :)

8.75 pounds for just the rifle and chassis...10.9 pounds scoped.

Reactions: marauderx33
What height base are those with a 223 using? 0 MOA? 20? I plan to shoot at 200 yards or less primarily but if I get an opportunity to get to the 1000 yard range I'm going to need the elevation as I'm using a FCH reticle and I'm limited to 70 MOA elevation. I don't want to compromise my adjustability at 100 yards though.

I'm running an EGW 20 MOA base with SPUHR SP-4001. I'm debating about either swapping the base back to the Tikka base and grabbing a SPUHR mount with 20 MOA, or just going with a direct SPUHR mount for the TRG. The EGW base is nice but it doesn't engage the action like the factory base. It's basically 2 flat pieces held together with screws and I've had them come loose once already.

Use some blue loctite on the screws and it will not come loose.

I honestly don't know how you could improve on the trigger in my T3... It breaks like glass, and has maybe .050" of overtravel. $200 buys a lot of ammo/bullets and powder compared to that Timney!

I honestly don't know how you could improve on the trigger in my T3... It breaks like glass, and has maybe .050" of overtravel. $200 buys a lot of ammo/bullets and powder compared to that Timney!

I think one of the big selling points here is the fact that it's the first commercially available 2-stage trigger.

Don't get me wrong, I have no complaint with the factory trigger, but the market has been demanding one of these for a while now.

Yeah, I guess I'm not in love with 2 stage triggers... Shot them in rifle competitions through high school and college, and never found any reason to prefer them over a good single stage.

I'm sure Timney will make a killing on them, just not from me. It's always nice to have options though!

My 30 Nosler build on Tikka T3x using our TRG
magazine compatible bottom metal to run Berger 215 hybrids at 3.50”. Looking forward to getting this scoped and starting on load development

• Caliber: 30 Nosler
• Action: Tikka T3x
• Barrel: Proof Sendero Lite 1:10 finished at 26”
• Stock: Manners EH1-A
• Bottom Metal: RedSnake nEXTgen TRG Bottom Metal
• Cerakote: Tungsten (action and stock)
• Weight: 8 lbs 5 oz (upscoped)
• Gunsmith: ZG Customs

That is sexy!

Are you guys gonna do a short/med action version for long .223 - 6mm projectiles or will the long action version work with those too?

and, where did you get that bolt handle...... because if you make them, start selling them!

That is sexy!

Are you guys gonna do a short/med action version for long .223 - 6mm projectiles or will the long action version work with those too?

and, where did you get that bolt handle...... because if you make them, start selling them!

Thx. I’m very pleased with how it turned out. No immediate plans for short/med action DBM.

Bolt knob is from PTG and put it on a handle I had turned to match the contour.

[video]https://www.timneytriggers.com/shop/trigger-compatibility/?action=load-triggers&model=535[/video] im just gonna leave this here......
Im gonna wait for the KRG trigger to be ready and see the reviews of both before buying anything. The Tikka factory trigger is very good and with the Elay spring is awesome. Truth is I'm not a fan of two stage triggers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not sure what happened to my post so I will try it again.

bRDcJRL.jpg

First ever semi custom build.

Tikka T3X Lite action
27" 7 WSM Carbon Barrel
XLR Carbon Chassis with Tac Lite buttstock
And Carbon swept bolt handle

180 ELDMs are shooting sub MOA right out of the gate at 3080 fps and with the 23.5 MILs I have to work with now that I am sighted in with the Vortex AMG it should be able to get them a ways out there :)

8.75 pounds for just the rifle and chassis...10.9 pounds scoped.

Great looking rifle. Did you do the work yourself or have someone put it all together for you? I'm considering doing a T3X with CF barrel and would be interested in any contact and cost info you could share. It'd be my first semi-custom too.

I'm running an EGW 20 MOA base with SPUHR SP-4001. I'm debating about either swapping the base back to the Tikka base and grabbing a SPUHR mount with 20 MOA, or just going with a direct SPUHR mount for the TRG. The EGW base is nice but it doesn't engage the action like the factory base. It's basically 2 flat pieces held together with screws and I've had them come loose once already.

Hope its ok to link to listings on another site. A member on AR15.com is selling Spuhr 30MM 24MOA Sako/Tikka direct mount for $280

Great looking rifle. Did you do the work yourself or have someone put it all together for you? I'm considering doing a T3X with CF barrel and would be interested in any contact and cost info you could share. It'd be my first semi-custom too.

J741,

I bought a 300 WSM T3 Lite and sent the barreled action to Hells Canyon Armory to have the carbon barrel made up and spun on. Then I just dropped it in the chassis when it came back. I also had the bolt fluted and action Cerakoted. Hope that helps.

Anyone running a 223 in a MPA chassis? I just bought a chassis and don't know what mags to buy.

Do the MDT mags work well? (no mods)

Anyone running a 223 in a MPA chassis? I just bought a chassis and don't know what mags to buy.

I ran MDT mags for a while when I had my .223 in a KRG X-Ray. I'd say they ran acceptably; did not feed quite as smoothly as factory mags though.

Last edited:

I don't have a 223, mine is 6.5 in a KRG X-Ray, but I will say the MDT mags seem to fit great when I finally received them from Brownell's last night. Will be shooting this weekend and report back on feeding. Definitely better than trying to mod a PMAG AICS.

I don't have a 223, mine is 6.5 in a KRG X-Ray, but I will say the MDT mags seem to fit great when I finally received them from Brownell's last night. Will be shooting this weekend and report back on feeding. Definitely better than trying to mod a PMAG AICS.
I don't know about .223 but for sure the MDT mags fit on a 6.5CM and .308 on a KRG X-Ray. I've been using them for a long time.
The only problem they have is that the OAL is not on the large side.

If you want a cf barrel, you should really consider a Hardy. We do SH discounts on them.

J741,

I bought a 300 WSM T3 Lite and sent the barreled action to Hells Canyon Armory to have the carbon barrel made up and spun on. Then I just dropped it in the chassis when it came back. I also had the bolt fluted and action Cerakoted. Hope that helps.

Yes, great help. Thanks!

Has anyone had a good or bad experience with the Tactical Trigger Spring upgrade? I know there are plenty of happy Yo Dave Trigger Spring fans but I'm having trouble stomaching the $9 shipping charge on a $10 purchase.

I just bought the Mountain Tactical spring and am having problems with it. I can't set it heavy enough. I haven't messed with it too much as I have a match next weekend and don't need anything to fail. After the match is over, I'm going to tinker with it some more and see what's going on. I only spent about five minutes on it so it may be something else.

I run the Accurate mags in my 223 in a McMillan A5 and don't have any problems. I'm going to get a MDT mag and try it out though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Does anybody run long action mags on a .308? Just thinking if that will gain much for COAL

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Aaron Gines and the guys from Anarchy outdoors recently released their new 30 and 40 MOA scope rails and I just received mine to try out! Hoping to get them mounted up and a review out soon.
61f025679d0c4f2256c9548c644f059d.jpg
ee442ce36d6d551818a6b721b38455d7.jpg

Reactions: Brighthighlight
Aaron Gines and the guys from Anarchy outdoors recently released their new 30 and 40 MOA scope rails and I just received mine to try out! Hoping to get them mounted up and a review out soon.
61f025679d0c4f2256c9548c644f059d.jpg
ee442ce36d6d551818a6b721b38455d7.jpg

Awesome Tevan, I am looking forward to your thoughts. I just mounted a 40 MOA on my 7 WSM Tikka which left me with over 23 MILs to work with on my Vortex AMG....with a 180 ELDM at 3080 fps I should be able to take advantage of that. ;)

I also put one of the new anarchy on my 6.5 CTR as well just because I was over the 0 MOA rail....the DMR 2 on that one now has over 24 MILs or way further than the 6.5 goes below trans-sonic certainly. :)

New products 2018 – If at Shot, please stop by and take a look Booth#20005
New MCS-DBMTK mini chassis systems

Manners Composite Stocks is proud to introduce the new MCS-DBMTK mini chassis systems. It has the same basic features as our standard MCS-DBM Gen2 mini chassis but is designed to work with all Tikka actions chambered in short calibers. When combined with one of our bulletproof stocks we consider this a true bolt in and go system It comes standard with a precision ground stainless recoil lug and a AI style 5 round magazine. It features a low-profile ambidextrous mag release and an extended mag well. Also we are offering this in a CTR version called the MCS-CTRTk mini chassis, it has all the same features but is designed to use your factory ctr bottom metal and mags. To fit these new mini chassis we are rolling out two new stocks made just for these systems. First - a special high tang version of our MCS-PRS1 stock designated MCS-PRS1TK, Second - a version of the MCS-EHA stock designated MCS-EH1TK.
( shown below in new prs1tk stock in scorched-earth camo pattern - designed to show 70% carbon fiber then 15-15 of colors )
2018-MCS-PRS2-[Elite-Tac-Scorched-Earth].jpg

2018-Bottom-Metal.jpg

Manners Composite Stocks is proud to introduce the new MCS-DBMTK mini chassis systems. It has the same basic features as our standard MCS-DBM Gen2 mini chassis but is designed to work with all Tikka actions chambered in short calibers. When combined with one of our bulletproof stocks we consider this a true bolt in and go system It comes standard with a precision ground stainless recoil lug and a AI style 5 round magazine. It features a low-profile ambidextrous mag release and an extended mag well. Also we are offering this in a CTR version called the MCS-CTRTk mini chassis, it has all the same features but is designed to use your factory ctr bottom metal and mags. To fit these new mini chassis we are rolling out two new stocks made just for these systems. First - a special high tang version of our MCS-PRS1 stock designated MCS-PRS1TK, Second - a version of the MCS-EHA stock designated MCS-EH1TK.
( shown below in new prs1tk stock in scorched-earth camo pattern - designed to show 70% carbon fiber then 15-15 of colors )
View attachment 6868572
View attachment 6868573
Any plans to offer these for long action in the near future?

View attachment 6868572
View attachment 6868573
Really excited about the MCS-PRS1TK!

Hey guys sorry if this was discussed, but I picked up my new T3X Lite and... The bolt lift seems a little heavier than the ol' CTR I had a while ago. Is this normal? Is it because It's the factory bolt knob and it's kinda smallish? After a while of dry fir practice, I now have a decent bruise on my finger from lifting that bolt up. DEFINATELY harder than my 700, and harder than I remember.
Any tricks or tips to reduce bolt lift effort? I heard polishing the cocking ramp may help? I added tetra grease. Anything else?

Hey guys sorry if this was discussed, but I picked up my new T3X Lite and... The bolt lift seems a little heavier than the ol' CTR I had a while ago. Is this normal? Is it because It's the factory bolt knob and it's kinda smallish? After a while of dry fir practice, I now have a decent bruise on my finger from lifting that bolt up. DEFINATELY harder than my 700, and harder than I remember.
Any tricks or tips to reduce bolt lift effort? I heard polishing the cocking ramp may help? I added tetra grease. Anything else?

Sometimes the bolt shroud can be installed wrong, causing that heavy bolt lift. Got one back from a smith, and it was that way. Taking the shroud off and putting it back on solved my problem..

My CTR is a lot lighter bolt lift than my T3 lite; as you said, I think it's mostly due to the bolt handle being quite a bit longer on the CTR than the lite.

My CTR is a lot lighter bolt lift than my T3 lite; as you said, I think it's mostly due to the bolt handle being quite a bit longer on the CTR than the lite.
I agree with that. I have swapped bolt handles on my T3 Lite and CTR to the same style and they both feel the same to me.

Getting an aftermarket bolt handle is highly recommended not just for aesthetic but for lighter bolt lift.

Any plans to offer these for long action in the near future?
Hi, at this time we are just focused on the short AI DBM and the ctr chassis. Depending on the long action caliber, the AI mags can be a little tricky to get runing correct in a tikka. Especially on some of the bigger belted calibers, it requires a mag feed lip modification to work. We would probably do a mini chassis that would take the standard tikka bottom metal and factory mag first, It would be just like the ctr version mini chassis. Thank you

Hi, at this time we are just focused on the short AI DBM and the ctr chassis. Depending on the long action caliber, the AI mags can be a little tricky to get runing correct in a tikka. Especially on some of the bigger belted calibers, it requires a mag feed lip modification to work. We would probably do a mini chassis that would take the standard tikka bottom metal and factory mag first, It would be just like the ctr version mini chassis. Thank you
Thank you! That would be awesome to see in the future.

I'm sure you're getting hammered with questions, but what is the price and when can one be ordered (AI style)?

Excited to see the MCS-EH1TK. Same blueprint as the current EH1, but with the new Tikka CTR chassis?

View attachment 6868572
View attachment 6868573

Maybe I missed it somewhere, when can we preorder?