• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Sterk here. The facebook page was updated 14 days ago with new shroud designs. The last batch of hundreds of parts was 3 months ago, the next one is due for October/November and already a list is in the hundreds of parts. More distributors are getting on board so hopefully that helps with availability. I've been making Tikka parts for 5 years or so now and have had very few - if any complaints about the wait, which hopefully reflects well on the product. Sure I'd love to not have any wait time, but even making more parts than required has me sold out fast.

Thanks to the other guys helping him out about ordering.

Hey - so I wasn't trying to talk shit or comment on your wait time or anything, I actually have nothing at all to say there. Clearly your stuff is in high demand. I really just didn't get how everyone was ordering these since you were AUS based, and what the situation was on availability in general. No thang, I'll send an email.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Buy with confidence. He makes things in batches so your timing in ordering will dictate when you get your product delivered.

Buy it straight from the Sterk.
15095569_1221448627931206_2874780209728871937_n.jpg

My Sterk bolt handle came today, looks even better in real life and feels amazing. Can cycle the bolt so much faster and more controlled than with the oversized knob with straight arm I had on it. And it fits perfectly with the MDT folding stock unlike the previous one.
Thank you John, great product!
IMG_20180829_100257.jpgIMG_20180829_100333.jpg
Will post some more pics when my rifle is finished, just waiting for the MDT pistol grip to make it complete.

Kyrre

Attachments

• IMG_20180829_100333.jpg
    IMG_20180829_100333.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 252
My Sterk bolt handle came today, looks even better in real life and feels amazing. Can cycle the bolt so much faster and more controlled than with the oversized knob with straight arm I had on it. And it fits perfectly with the MDT folding stock unlike the previous one.
Thank you John, great product!
View attachment 6937816View attachment 6937817
Will post some more pics when my rifle is finished, just waiting for the MDT pistol grip to make it complete.

Kyrre

If you want best rubberized pistol grip, go for the Ergo tactical deluxe, that is the king of pistol grips.
And when you have that great MDT chassis with the thumb shelf, you will love that Deluxe grip fatty groove grip.
4300893722_2858fa03a7.jpg

@RedRooster Very Nice!

Any chance that these take a side by side stacking 5 round mag? Loving the look of your new bottom metal, just wishing there was a shorter mag system that worked - something between the one you posted and the factory mag.

@RedRooster Very Nice!

Any chance that these take a side by side stacking 5 round mag? Loving the look of your new bottom metal, just wishing there was a shorter mag system that worked - something between the one you posted and the factory mag.

These only take the AI AE MKi 308 Magazine. The regular SA AICS mags are shorter but too wide for factory stocks/inlets. There are a lot of good options for bottom metal for those mags as well as the new Manners mini chassis.

We were wanting to make this DBM to give guys running OEM stocks a better option than the crappy plastics trigger guard and mag. It’ll also fit aftermarket stocks inletted for factory T3/T3x Trigger guards.

33B3E01E-49FE-47FE-8DDF-D366700D9CBC.jpeg

Doing my research and think I figured out what I eventually want to do. Wife wants to know what the end product is going to be, so why not show a picture?

Does anyone have a setup visually similar to this list? Colors dont matter as much but if you have it so much the better.

-Stainless action in the white
-Ctr profile or similar stainless barrel in the white (or almost anything other than t3x lite profile barrel)
-Krg whiskey chassis in green
-Razor gen 2 5-25
-20 moa rail
-Atlas bipod
-Tbac 7 or 9 (ok if you dont have or show a different can).

Mine will eventually be in 6.5 creed and lefty.

Last edited:
If you want best rubberized pistol grip, go for the Ergo tactical deluxe, that is the king of pistol grips.
And when you have that great MDT chassis with the thumb shelf, you will love that Deluxe grip fatty groove grip.
4300893722_2858fa03a7.jpg

Thanks for the tip, but I actually do not want the Ergo grip because of the finger grooves. My hands are not made for forced finger placement, and the new MDT rubberized grip is the only one on the market (that I know of) that has a palm swell but not finger grooves so I have been waiting for that one for months.

Thanks for the tip, but I actually do not want the Ergo grip because of the finger grooves. My hands are not made for forced finger placement, and the new MDT rubberized grip is the only one on the market (that I know of) that has a palm swell but not finger grooves so I have been waiting for that one for months.

If that is what you like, that you must buy.
For me that Ergo grip is a dream grip, very nice rubbery grip that fits my big hand.
This MDT grip i have not tested yet, it might be a very good grip, and the price is not bad too.
https://mdttac.ca/collections/grips/products/mdt-pistol-grip

What i would like to test, it that MPA vertical grip.
That is the most straight grip there is, and i has extended thumb shelf.
AR-15-Grip-Options-MPA-Vertical-Grip-A2-Pistol-HK-V2-TangoDown-Flip.jpg

If that is what you like, that you must buy.
For me that Ergo grip is a dream grip, very nice rubbery grip that fits my big hand.
This MDT grip i have not tested yet, it might be a very good grip, and the price is not bad too.
https://mdttac.ca/collections/grips/products/mdt-pistol-grip

What i would like to test, it that MPA vertical grip.
That is the most straight grip there is, and i has extended thumb shelf.
AR-15-Grip-Options-MPA-Vertical-Grip-A2-Pistol-HK-V2-TangoDown-Flip.jpg
There you have it, I have long slender fingers instead. Haven't tested it either, just saw it at a SHOT show video and knew that was the one for me.
But damn, that MPA grip looks very nice. Didn't know about that one. I need to research it and find out if anyone will ship it overseas (greetings from Norway).
The MDT was supposed to be more vertical than other AR15 grips, and that was one of the things that made me decide to order it.

Doing my research and think I figured out what I eventually want to do. Wife wants to know what the end product is going to be, so why not show a picture?

Does anyone have a setup visually similar to this list? Colors dont matter as much but if you have it so much the better.

-Ctr profile or similar stainless barrel in the white (or almost anything other than t3x lite profile barrel)
-Razor gen 2 5-25
-20 moa rail
-Atlas bipod

Bravo chassis, black, Leupold 6.5x20, 20 MOA Spuhr

Another visit in the 100-m range, see that the load i did is working like i want.
This weekend, if the antibiots start to work, i go to the 300-m and start PRS style shooting practise.
I have done 3 different barrier to the range.
You can see the awesome Sterk bolt handle, and MK Machining throw lever i just received, and quite wicked parallax wheel, a lot easier to fine tune parallax with that dics.

How many use APA little bastard brake?
I have a dream to get one of those, but they do not export these out side the US.
range.jpg

Last edited:
First ever PRS style training done today.
I must say, that i have found new area of shooting, and i like it a lot!
Just a short video of today shooting and only for this stage.

You’re killing me with the way you’re running that bolt!

-Razor gen 2 5-25
-20 moa rail
-Atlas bipod

I'm actually doing a similar build . Just ordered the Whiskey 3 Gen 6....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180831-145807~2.png
    Screenshot_20180831-145807~2.png
    161.9 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: Brighthighlight
Finally got my Tikka out, broke in the barrel and 1st ladder test, not bad. 0.030 off the lands. Very pleased so far, except for the mag feeding problems.

Looks like my accuracy node will be close to the same as my MPA.

20180902_155755.jpg

20180902_183338.jpg

Reactions: viking78 and Anzac
V nice stick mate!
Can you elaborate on the mag feeding issues please as I also have a Ranger inbound?
Perhaps a MT BM and AI mags may be an alternative?

We have just released our short action tikka DBM. It is a drop-in replacement for factory stocks and aftermarket stocks with factory inlet. It uses Accuracy International AE MKI 308 magazines, which are a single stack 5 round mag that allows an OAL of 2.95”

View attachment 6938066

Any chance you'd have a drop - in bottom metal for factory inlets in .223 Remington?

https://mdttac.com/products/mdt-polymer-magazines?variant=42963894726

The MDT magazines seem to be the only reasonable option at the moment.

Finally made it to the range to test out a new 140ELDM load I made up and to try out the Gen2 Razor. Gotta say it's a great combo! I can't believe the glass clarity between the Gen1 and Gen2. Also got to try out a random 77GR Sierra TMK I had worked up for my AR in my 223 Varmint and it worked out glorious. I tried the 80GR & 88GR ELDM and my rifle did not like them, but I'm going to revisit them with a proper load work up before I ditch them and just go with the 77GR Sierra TMK. Also had some 140GR Berger Hybrids I had left over from an old rifle I sold, and they too performed really well. I gave up on Berger's though since they are so expensive and didn't give me any better groups then the ELDM. All groups were shot at 100yds, 0-5mph right to left wind. Huge shout out to @cannoncrossfire with Sterk, his handle and shroud as always make the Tikka rifles look awesome, and the added performance is always appreciated! The Anarchy Outdoors aluminum shroud they sent me for testing is holding up well on my 223, I will be putting out a full review on it once I do my other load tests. Can't wait to go to my matches this coming weekend and next.

IMG_20180902_114229_992.jpg

IMG_20180902_114229_999.jpg

20180902_110841.jpg

20180902_110845.jpg

20180902_110835.jpg

Ignore the 2 rounds above it, they were sighter/rough zero shots.

20180902_110830.jpg

20180902_110827.jpg

Finally made it to the range to test out a new 140ELDM load I made up and to try out the Gen2 Razor. Gotta say it's a great combo! I can't believe the glass clarity between the Gen1 and Gen2. Also got to try out a random 77GR Sierra TMK I had worked up for my AR in my 223 Varmint and it worked out glorious. I tried the 80GR & 88GR ELDM and my rifle did not like them, but I'm going to revisit them with a proper load work up before I ditch them and just go with the 77GR Sierra TMK. Also had some 140GR Berger Hybrids I had left over from an old rifle I sold, and they too performed really well. I gave up on Berger's though since they are so expensive and didn't give me any better groups then the ELDM. All groups were shot at 100yds, 0-5mph right to left wind. Huge shout out to @cannoncrossfire with Sterk, his handle and shroud as always make the Tikka rifles look awesome, and the added performance is always appreciated! The Anarchy Outdoors aluminum shroud they sent me for testing is holding up well on my 223, I will be putting out a full review on it once I do my other load tests. Can't wait to go to my matches this coming weekend and next.

View attachment 6939720

View attachment 6939721

View attachment 6939722
Thats a very hot load of 4451 with the 140gr ELD-M. What velocity are you getting with it? Did you note any pressure signs?

V nice stick mate!
Can you elaborate on the mag feeding issues please as I also have a Ranger inbound?
Perhaps a MT BM and AI mags may be an alternative?

Thanks, mag unlocks, doesn't pick up a round, or round doesn't feed properly.

Bend the top of the mag catch hole out with a flat screw driver fixes the mag unlocking.

I bent the mag spring for the other issues, the issue did appear to go away, not convinced bending the spring did anything, as when I removed the spring after bending it, it appears to go back. May have been just the mag catch hole adjustment, need more rounds to determine if the issue is corrected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anzac

View attachment 6939720

View attachment 6939721

View attachment 6939722

View attachment 6939723

View attachment 6939724
Ignore the 2 rounds above it, they were sighter/rough zero shots.

View attachment 6939725

View attachment 6939726
Nice shooting!

What size rings are you running with the m10’s? Also, what happened to the J. Allen chassis?

Nice shooting!

What size rings are you running with the m10’s? Also, what happened to the J. Allen chassis?

I'm running the mediums. As for the J Allen, they claim it will be shipping this week or next, so I guess we will see. I've been waiting since May so what's another 2 weeks.

Reactions: Lunchbox27
Got the CTR 6.5 in a Bravo out to shoot this weekend. Also go to try out the new Athlon ETR.

Seems to really like the ELDx 143s.
47F17BC7-3838-4AAC-AD6D-BE5E4F5B287F.jpeg

2E60902A-FBD0-40F0-925D-8FC7FF35A297.jpeg

Shoots the American Gunner well too.
497208FE-472D-438C-BC03-EB8F2E4FDFDF.jpeg

C6A31B97-772C-40AC-883C-0F3F6B1316A3.jpeg

finally got around to working up a load for my 20" ctr.
42.5 gr H4350
140 eld-m
cci primer
hornady brass
2.883 COAL
need to get a recent pic but it's still in the factory stock with a xtr2 4-20 and NF ultralite rings

thinking about picking up a bravo/enclosed forend or a manners for it in the future

Should've just stuck to 3 round group lol
54A9434E-97C6-40AA-AF9A-498F1FCD8EF4_zpsdhjrpvar.jpg

Reactions: PFG and tree man
@shlouf Good shooting! I've got enough brass that I need to start reloading for my 18" CTR (had it cut down to run a TBAC 7). That looks like a good place to start.

Participated in a local match over the weekend. Managed 7th out of 36 shooters and 2nd in the Intermediate class. Rifle did great, it was windy with fine moon dust filling the action and it never gave me any issues. I have another match this weekend, hopefully my good luck will follow me to that one as well.
41447978_558259557942839_4261415681498546176_o.jpg
41425652_558259587942836_7420003294619107328_n.jpg
41440954_558259611276167_1928039874628157440_n.jpg

I know every barrel is different. BUT, my question is, is there a standard load that works in the Tikka 6.5 CM? I ask because there are duplicate handloads for the FGMM 168 175 Sierras, and my .308 loves them. Curious if there is a load that works in most 6.5 CM`s?

Reactions: Big Bo
Does anyone know if the ctr diameter barrel and proof sensor light are the same? Looking to buy a stock

Reactions: tevans0707