• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Well that's fascinating, I used the exact same barrel vice to remove a Tikka barrel and those leather pads were worthless. Seems like they decreased the friction rather than increasing it and the barrel would end up spinning. I asked Mechforce about it and they said the pads were more for delicate finishes and applications requiring less torque.

In the end 3 sheets of plain white paper in between the vice clamps worked like a champ. Barrel was held fast and the receiver came off without too much effort.

-Stooxie

I use a couple of business cards and some rosin on my PMA vise. Not sure if it would hold up to removing a factory barrel, but it works for swapping from a BugNut barrel to a new factory barrel and back. I have a new 270 that I bought for the action. I am hoping my smith can get it off without cutting it. I would like to try a mauser outside action wrench with the cap flipped on it, just don't want to buy one for a trial.

Anybody at SHOT run by the tikka booth yet? Any news on new imports?

A friend did, apparently nothing really new. They are pushing a new online configurator tool that will roll out (Sako focused, most likely), and a full 1/3rd of Tikka production right now is focused on the T1x (according to the rep).

A friend did, apparently nothing really new. They are pushing a new online configurator tool that will roll out (Sako focused, most likely), and a full 1/3rd of Tikka production right now is focused on the T1x (according to the rep).
any word about Mags for T1x?

I am interested if anyone can comment on a suspected "slam" fire. I have the factory Tikka trigger down as far as it can be adjusted and no Dave spring. I have convinced myself that while quickly cycling the bolt for a second shot on an elk the gun fired without a trigger pull. Firing out of battery is not unheard of in bolt guns and, if this is in fact what happened, any hesitation on even less trigger weight? I would welcome input on anyone's experience correlating trigger weight and "slam firing" with Tikka.
I'm just curious how long it took to receive a yo Dave spring. Mine was expected to ship on 2-6 and haven't received it yet so just wondering if I should start to check into it. Thanks

Was hoping for news of importing lefty ctr's especially in stainless.

I am interested if anyone can comment on a suspected "slam" fire. I have the factory Tikka trigger down as far as it can be adjusted and no Dave spring. I have convinced myself that while quickly cycling the bolt for a second shot on an elk the gun fired without a trigger pull. Firing out of battery is not unheard of in bolt guns and, if this is in fact what happened, any hesitation on even less trigger weight? I would welcome input on anyone's experience correlating trigger weight and "slam firing" with Tikka.

Have you given the buttstock a few smacks to see if the rifle will drop the firing pin with the trigger adjusted that low?

I was fairly aggressive testing the trigger, but not four foot drop onto concrete. It held solid. I've read that the cocking mechanism passing over the trigger's transfer bar causes the stricker to go foreward, gun fires, but never heard of this on Tikka.

Reactions: Afkirby
CTR 6.5CM
Glass bedded
Bigger action bolts
Trigger spring
Magpul mag 5round
Removed picatinny rail

Attachments

• 20181006_081019.jpg
    20181006_081019.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
Anyone run an atlasworx or mountain tactical bottom metal for the OEM mags? Or is it really worth going to AICS mags?

Even with the latest camo paint job, the plastic bottom metal just is sad.

Anyone run an atlasworx or mountain tactical bottom metal for the OEM mags? Or is it really worth going to AICS mags?

I actually have one of each. Both are nice. I prefer (by far...) the factory mags for .223. The machining on the Mountain Tactical is a little more refined than the Atlasworx.

Has anyone tried to replace the magazine spring in the CTR mags with something else, something stronger? I have three that are all quite weak and consistently fail to feed the last two rounds unless I lift the magazine up in the magwell by hand.

I use a couple of business cards and some rosin on my PMA vise. Not sure if it would hold up to removing a factory barrel, but it works for swapping from a BugNut barrel to a new factory barrel and back. I have a new 270 that I bought for the action. I am hoping my smith can get it off without cutting it. I would like to try a mauser outside action wrench with the cap flipped on it, just don't want to buy one for a trial.

Soaked my barrel thread in Kroil and PB Blaster for 4 days prior and used rosin on the barrel vise and it popped free. I used an external action wrench though. It didn't put up a fight at all.

I actually have one of each. Both are nice. I prefer (by far...) the factory mags for .223. The machining on the Mountain Tactical is a little more refined than the Atlasworx.

That is good to know! I dont dislike the factory mag really, just not a fan of a plastic bottom metal.

I like the fact that I can opt to try a long action mag for my 308 if I feel like reloading it long

Love my mountain tactical bottom metal. For the price I feel its a worth while upgrade. While you’re at it m, look at their bolt release too. Way cheaper than buying the OEM Tikka and looks much better/stronger.

Reactions: Graywolf.260
Has anyone tried to replace the magazine spring in the CTR mags with something else, something stronger? I have three that are all quite weak and consistently fail to feed the last two rounds unless I lift the magazine up in the magwell by hand.

I'd contact Tikka. This is a known issue.

Reactions: coltm4
MarinePMI is right - contact Beretta. "The squeaky wheel gets the oil." Unless **WE* * complain to Beretta/Tikka the issue will never be addressed. Maybe they will provide new springs or magazines, and/or improve the design.

Reactions: coltm4
About to order a grayboe terrain with their dbm for an old t3 lite in .300wsm. Has anyone tried that combo yet?

T3 in 223
22” bartlien heavy Palma
Manners prs1TK
Minox ZP5

Attachments

• CBE87561-2F6C-4680-8572-D67A1015BBA2.jpeg
    CBE87561-2F6C-4680-8572-D67A1015BBA2.jpeg
    481.1 KB · Views: 123

I have mountain tactical on my Varmint and am using the MDT 223 mags. I need to add to the mag catch on the mags with some JB weld so they will fit tighter, or see if mountain tactical has a longer release lever that I can file down until it fits.

Reactions: Krazy_jim
I have a tikka t3x tac a1in 6.5. I’m running the factory brake but thinking of upgrading. I’ve been going through this thread but it’s very long and the search hasn’t really turned anything up for me. I’m just looking to see what everybody else is running. I’ve seen the area 419 and the little bastard just seeing what else is out there. I’ve also seen 18-1 threads and 5/8x24, what one is right?

I have a tikka t3x tac a1in 6.5. I’m running the factory brake but thinking of upgrading. I’ve been going through this thread but it’s very long and the search hasn’t really turned anything up for me. I’m just looking to see what everybody else is running. I’ve seen the area 419 and the little bastard just seeing what else is out there. I’ve also seen 18-1 threads and 5/8x24, what one is right?
5/8x24 is the correct one. I had a Mpa brake on mine made no difference.

PVA makes a decent brake

Reactions: patriotnation
I want to mount a 56mm objective lens scope on a Tikka T3 with a varmint barrel, with the EGW 20 MOA rail and Vortex PMR 34mm rings. Can anyone tell me which height of the Vortex PMR rings I need? They are available in 0.92", 1.00", 1.10", 1.26", and 1.45". Thanks.

I have a Patriot Valley Arms Jetblast on my CTR in 6.5 and it works very well

I have Insite Arms Heathen muzzle brakes on several guns, work great. The "blast" is directed sideways and not angled back at the shooter

I want to mount a 56mm objective lens scope on a Tikka T3 with a varmint barrel, with the EGW 20 MOA rail and Vortex PMR 34mm rings. Can anyone tell me which height of the Vortex PMR rings I need? They are available in 0.92", 1.00", 1.10", 1.26", and 1.45". Thanks.

I just put an Ares ETR on my CTR with a medium Palma. I think I used 1.00" Badger rings. I have plenty of room for scope covers. I will try and get pictures this evening.

Reactions: marauderx33
1" Badger rings with an Athlon Ares ETR, 20 MOA Nightforce rail, and a medium palma barrel.

Attachments

• 20190128_180953.jpg
    20190128_180953.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 20190128_181010.jpg
    20190128_181010.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 184
  • 20190128_180943.jpg
    20190128_180943.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 172
Very nice! What twist rate? How do you like it?
It’s an 8 twist I think, love it so far.
My main match rifle is a Tikka as well but in 6.5.
Justin at Prometheus arms does great work and has built me 4 rifles the past year and his work is as good as the popular names year hear a lot on here

Reactions: marauderx33

I like the Thunderbeast 30CB with an Ultra7 mounted.

Attachments

• IMG_3563-2.JPG
    IMG_3563-2.JPG
    293.4 KB · Views: 87

I just installed some Seekins PMR .92" height with a Vortex Gen II 4.5-27x56 with Leupold 20moa rail and have about .18" gap between the scope and barrel.

Anybody have a 24” Stainless CTR 6.5 Creedmoor? What velocities are you guys getting with 130gr Berger’s?
I don’t shoot Berger’s, but I am getting just under 2700 with my SS barrel CTR using 142 Sierras. Very accurate for me up to 300 yards. I’m hoping to get out further soon.

Reactions: Katahdin