• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Yet to pick up my Tikka tac a1 have a question what do people do if they want to put 20 Moa under there scope?? I see the specs on a tac a1 is a zero Moa rail??

Just buy and install a 20moa rail

Yep, or mounts: https://tier-one-usa.com/collections/scope-mounts-1/products/monomount?variant=27182497925

Don’t change that rail it’s the best out there
Just use Burris sig rings with the offset inserts

Thought the taca1 fore end height was different than the rest of them and needed a higher rail to match the forend.

Found this one @Steviebby

I very well could be wrong. I thought all the tikkas were the same. I’m by no means an expert.

I very well could be wrong. I thought all the tikkas were the same. I’m by no means an expert.
Actions are the same. Tac a1 has the forend. I don't own a tac a1 but I remember seeing pics from before egw made that rail. Maybe 0.050"- .100" step from normal t3x rail to forend (mentally measuring the pic in my head).

Yet to pick up my Tikka tac a1 have a question what do people do if they want to put 20 Moa under there scope?? I see the specs on a tac a1 is a zero Moa rail??
Get you a canted scope mount and don’t fool with the rail on the TACA1. If it were any other model I would do the opposite.

Anyone have a T3x tac that they've migrated to a KRG Whiskey 3 chassis and weigh it?

Wondering what the overall weight came out to be and if it would be a significant improvement over the already portly 13.7 lb tikka

Yes, I havent made the time to pull my chassis off and weigh it, the fucking flu kicked my ass this past week.
18.5 lbs for this CTR in a W3 chassis with Heavy bag rider, T slot weight, heavy Acra rail, spigot xl, harris bipod, Bushnell XRS3, and Hawkins Heavy Tactical rings.
Right under 20lbs with a Sandman S.
20220327_210816_resized.jpg

My 260rem CTR is going on a new test trip tomorrow.
I have shot +- 5000 rounds thru that factory barrel, and last time i shot, it was bout that, but with one other suppressor, it was spitting the rounds once in while all over the plate.
Once i looked that NV bridge on the spigot, i saw a od green cerakote on the bridge, so the barrel has whipped there, i did not put the pacer on the mount and bridge, it did not fit in, because the bell so long on ZCO 840 scope.
So if it still shoot under a half MOA, i am pleased.
New barrel is coming, but i will shoot with this as long it can keep even a MOA.
Same load since 2016:cool:.
C2.JPG

There's a little bit of fire cracking in the throat and the first couple of cm's in the rifling but the rest looks pretty good.
Keep shooting it until it stops shooting accurately or the velocity falls off.

Reactions: viking78
So I finally joined the Tikka crowd. I picked up this .308 CTR a few weeks ago after they started becoming available again. The barrel is 16 1/2".
I'm looking to pick up a Manners or McMillan if I can find one (I'm not diggin' the 8 month wait).
Keep the stock that you have, IMHO. I had a McMillian and found that I liked the factory better.

Is anyone familiar with this chassis?

I can't seem to find any info on it besides Optics planet.
I think this chap is the lead engineer on that chassis.

9ED9E561-6572-4848-8FB7-0AEC3EB4D04D.gif

I think this chap is the lead engineer on that chassis.

View attachment 7879550
LMAO🤣
🤣🤣.
That is one of the ugliest chassis i have seen, not from the tip to the middle, but the end is something, that i have not seen before.
I would change Magpul PRS on that.
Looks like the chassis by it self is made by Vision, they do make good looking alloy chassis in Norway.

Last edited:
Reactions: carbonbased
There's a little bit of fire cracking in the throat and the first couple of cm's in the rifling but the rest looks pretty good.
Keep shooting it until it stops shooting accurately or the velocity falls off.
I am doing a new reloading test with longer, heavier bullets.
I try 136 Scenar-L and 139 gr Scenar and Vihtavuori N160 powder, that´s a slower burning powder, giving more pressure and burning time.
Did a test loads today, the COL is more that i could fit on MDT AICS mag, that has no binder plate, and that is 2,95".
So the throat is tosted, but if she still can keep it in line and keep the pressure on behind the bullet, i think it might still shoot.
What i have heard and read, 6,5mm barrel life should be in the end on the 2,500 to 3000 rounds.
And i shoot this one a hot, it is not a 5 rounds and 10 minutes brake, i might shoot 40 rounds at once, just fill the mag and go.
I have had this rifle since 2016.
What i have done different than my friend, when they have asked, how do i clean my barrel.
I use boresnake like 95%, cleaning rod only after 400-600 rounds.
For sure the barrel is a chrome moly barrel, it can take more rounds than stainless, since is is not that soft metal.
But let´s see with the test ith +135gr pills.

Reactions: Graywolf.260
I am doing a new reloading test with longer, heavier bullets.
I try 136 Scenar-L and 139 gr Scenar and Vihtavuori N160 powder, that´s a slower burning powder, giving more pressure and burning time.
Did a test loads today, the COL is more that i could fit on MDT AICS mag, that has no binder plate, and that is 2,95".
So the throat is tosted, but if she still can keep it in line and keep the pressure on behind the bullet, i think it might still shoot.
What i have heard and read, 6,5mm barrel life should be in the end on the 2,500 to 3000 rounds.
And i shoot this one a hot, it is not a 5 rounds and 10 minutes brake, i might shoot 40 rounds at once, just fill the mag and go.
I have had this rifle since 2016.
What i have done different than my friend, when they have asked, how do i clean my barrel.
I use boresnake like 95%, cleaning rod only after 400-600 rounds.
For sure the barrel is a chrome moly barrel, it can take more rounds than stainless, since is is not that soft metal.
But let´s see with the test ith +135gr pills.
The 139 Scenar will handle a lot of jump, I would happily put money on it to shoot wel at magazine length, and to do so for another couple of thousand rounds

Reactions: viking78
@cannoncrossfire are those ai style shrouds going to be regularly available? Have been planning on getting the trg style, but damn that looks good.
He does things in batches. Pm him or email and he will get you on the list. If you want something sooner Eurooptic has some in black (not the AI but trg yes). Does most of it through FB. And prices are in upside down dollars (Aussie $).

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
@cannoncrossfire are those ai style shrouds going to be regularly available? Have been planning on getting the trg style, but damn that looks good.
The AI shrouds were a 1 time thing, they had to be 3d printed in Titanium, and then each one has been hand honed to the correct internal sizes. The cost price was more than the price of the standard Titanium shrouds, plus the extra fitting/finishing, so yeah probably lost money on the whole exercise. If you're after one theres just 2 left, but contact me privately.

Just got this in from preece precision, can't wait to find shells.
How do you like that stock? It looks similar to a McMillan game hunter. I do not like monte Carlo cheek piece on the game hunter. The thinner the cheek piece the better. If this stock doesn’t have that then I may end up with one.

How do you like that stock? It looks similar to a McMillan game hunter. I do not like monte Carlo cheek piece on the game hunter. The thinner the cheek piece the better. If this stock doesn’t have that then I may end up with one.
I haven't noticed any issue with it It's hard to say though because of how personal a stock is for every user. As a very thick Palm swell not sure if that's your thing or not but I absolutely love that. I wish my 300 PRC had a Palm swell like that, The Christiansen arms ridge line has a very slender grip. For a gun that size I'd like something a little meatier to hold on to. I'll try to get some pictures in a couple hours if you'd like to get a better view of the stock.

Not sure if these pictures help or not. The comb seems to be proportionate to the coma my Christiansen although this one sets a little higher. They seem to have similar dimensions following the taper. The only difference is a Christiansen has the full length of the stock but the comb on the Mesa stops about 2" or so shorter drop steps down And then goes back to the butt pad. I did get some decent pictures of the Palm swell though. It is substantially thicker.

Attachments

• 20220530_211753.jpg
    20220530_211753.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220530_212230.jpg
    20220530_212230.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220530_212135.jpg
    20220530_212135.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 78
Does anyone know an accurate height over bore centerline dimension of the CTR Picatinny rail for scope centerline measurements?

Looks like a solid performer to me !
It still does, another range trip today :)
I did broke a suppressor on monday with this rifle.
Factory threads are done with some specs, and suppressor with another.
So it might get just a tiny bit loose, while we filled the mag and put cameras on.
No harm done to people, but the suppressor is roasted.
Bullet did quite bad markings in side the can.
AU2.jpg

AU3.jpg

That isn't a Vision chassis. The one posted uses an AR style stock (FAB RAPS in this case) and a different forend.

well, either the manufacturer doesnt know what they are producing, or, optics planet needs to get their optics checked out.

OR

my glasses need recharging and i forgot how to read.

BUT

i suspect you are spreading fake news 🤪

Did you click on the link you posted? So you mean to tell me you dont see the difference between

Screenshot_20220601-171622_Chrome.jpg

And this?

07_Vision_Chassis.jpg

Did you click on the link you posted? So you mean to tell me you dont see the difference between

View attachment 7882663

And this?

View attachment 7882669
Gaaaahhh! Everyone quit posting pics of the UffdaBorkBorkBork chassis! My eyes! They bleed!

It may be designed by the esteemed Swedish Chef from the Muppet Show, but it looks like someone used their photoshop selective enlarging techniques not on some chicks boobs, but on that buttstock!

Gaaaaaaahhhh!!!

It's the AR stock on the backend that looks terrible. Swap it out with anything else and it just looks like every other chassis.
Yes, the thicc butt on that biatch just ruins it. Like it’s made for Zeus’ shoulder or something lol.

Edit: we’ll, it IS made in Norway (I think) and the chassis has more than a passing resemblance to a Viking battle axe, so…maybe it makes some cosmic sense?

• Haha
Reactions: munch520

View attachment 7882663

And this?

View attachment 7882669

this is the way i see it...

someone asks about a product showing a link. that link has an image, brand (manufacturers name) and model of said item. i use my cunning ninja internet skills to search up the manufacturer to view and read up on said item. low and behold, optics planet has a frankenstein version of something, but on the other hand, the manufacturers website has something more aesthetically appealing to my eyes. next news topic?

p.s. the frankenstein version looks like it could kill someone without even having a barreled action installed.

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
Anyone rebarrelled a TAC A1 to .284 Winchester? I have one in .308 which as far I can work out would need a new barrel, modified bolt stop and some work on the mag well to take a longer magazine? Thinking of running 180gr Berger's...

Reactions: Chickentoast
Anyone put a Tikka in an ESS or sim AR type chassis with AR style fore end/stock? Wondering how the high bore axis relative to butt pad shoots and looks.

Does anyone know an accurate height over bore centerline dimension of the CTR Picatinny rail for scope centerline measurements?
Just measure it yourself. It depends on which rings you use. This measurement makes very little difference when put in a ballistic calculator so getting close enough is good enough. If you were off by 1/2” it would only change your elevation .1mil at 1000 yards.

Just measure it yourself. It depends on which rings you use. This measurement makes very little difference when put in a ballistic calculator so getting close enough is good enough. If you were off by 1/2” it would only change your elevation .1mil at 1000 yards.
It's one of those universal dimensions that a lot of people would put to use, I think it's a good question for this thread. I didn't know it mattered that little though.