• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Does anyone just use their Tikka as it came out of the box ?
My T3x 6.5 CM Lite has gone through a few iterations , but nothing like some of the beauties I see here .
I've recently just put it back to Factory with the exception of a Muzzle brake and a Comb Riser on the factory Stock ( had it in an Oryx for a while ) .
For my application ( Hunting to 350m / Farm Rifle ) its just seems appropriate / easier .
I love looking at all these wonderful builds , but has anyone else just gone back to basics ?
Both my Tikka's are almost stock, I , like you, hunt Varmints, Tikka Compact 22-250, yes, it has a trigger spring installed, so not completely stock. My other rifle, CTR 223, 100 percent stock,, both shoot great… the CTR has a very nice delivery system, magazine to chamber. Charlie112

What about it do you like better than the Howa 1500? I have a buddy that is wanting to go the 1500 route instead of my Tikka recommendations.
For me, the bolt was way smoother, and the trigger is better. Obviously sample size of one doesn't mean much on it's own, but that seem to be the general consensus from others as well (which is why I pulled the trigger on the tikka on the first place). If I had handled a tikka before I purchased the howa, I wouldn't be owning a howa.

After testing feeding while I got the pmag to lock in the krg it still has issues with bolt overrunning rounds. I guess the plastic feed lips are too thick and hold the cartridges too low.

Fun to tinker but ordered some binderless mdt mags for real work

After testing feeding while I got the pmag to lock in the krg it still has issues with bolt overrunning rounds. I guess the plastic feed lips are too thick and hold the cartridges too low.

Fun to tinker but ordered some binderless mdt mags for real work
There's a reason that everyone says not to fool with the Pmags in a Tikka / Bravo combo...

Reactions: LeftyJason
I don’t know but would like to - I’m currently building a 223 super varmint rig. Only thing left is the Whiskey 3. If anyones got a gen 6 layin around hit me up!!

I've been wondering how a stainless tikka would look in a green whiskey 3. Anyone have pics? I can't find any.

I've been wondering how a stainless tikka would look in a green whiskey 3. Anyone have pics? I can't find any.
20220705_222415.jpg

Mine. T3x lite stainless 6.5 creed.

Does anyone know if you can run pmags in a whiskey 3?
This quote came from KRG's website talking about using AICS mags in their selection of Tikka compatible chassis : Tikka rifles accept AICS pattern mags with the exception of the Magpul AICS polymer mags.

From what's been posted over the years the pmag was designed around the rem 700 actions.
They have a wider inlet.
The Tikka has a smaller inlet and the lips on the pmag are too fat to fit it.

You might give the MDT polymer mags a try they have thinner designed lips and the ones I have all worked fine on the Tikka's

Last edited:
FYI Bullet Central has the Bix 'n Andy Tikka triggers in stock again - precision trigger supposedly goes down to 3 oz. I just grabbed one - hopefully as described.

Reactions: jLorenzo
FYI Bullet Central has the Bix 'n Andy Tikka triggers in stock again - precision trigger supposedly goes down to 3 oz. I just grabbed one - hopefully as described.
Yow that precision trigger is 500$, is that what you bought or the Dakota?

Yow that precision trigger is 500$, is that what you bought or the Dakota?
Bought the 500 buck one. Yeah, it was a tough pill, but I have a lot into it anyway - Vision chassis, bartlein 6.5 max. Trigger is the reason I don't shoot the Tikka as often as my other rifles. All my others are set around ~6oz, and I shoot a lot tighter with that trigger weight, so, worth it to me, if it's like their Tacsport Pro anyway.

Bought the 500 buck one. Yeah, it was a tough pill, but I have a lot into it anyway - Vision chassis, bartlein 6.5 max. Trigger is the reason I don't shoot the Tikka as often as my other rifles. All my others are set around ~6oz, and I shoot a lot tighter with that trigger weight, so, worth it to me, if it's like their Tacsport Pro anyway.
How do you like the Vision chassis? It's on my short list.

How do you like the Vision chassis? It's on my short list.

I wanted a long action chassis to run the SAUM+ with some freebore, so the Vision fit the bill. I also have an MDT and an AIX - not sure if I have a favorite - all solid and functional.

Well how is it?

Well how is it?

Just ordered it yesterday - they've been out of stock for a couple of years - thought I'd let people know in case others wanted one. I will update the feel vs TT Diamond, Jewell BR, and Tacsport Pro once I have it.

From KRG's website : Tikka rifles accept AICS pattern mags with the exception of the Magpul AICS polymer mags.

From what's been posted over the years the pmag was designed around the rem 700 actions.
They have a wider inlet.

You might give the MDT polymer mags a try they have thinner designed lips and the ones I have all worked fine on the Tikka's
I have the MDT .223 polymer mags in a Tikka / Bravo combo and they run 100 %.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lightning8
From KRG's website : Tikka rifles accept AICS pattern mags with the exception of the Magpul AICS polymer mags.

They have a wider inlet.

I don’t believe the 6.5 CM t3x lite will accept any Aics mags, correct? I am new to the Tikka platform and as such, have been doing some research and it appears that there is a further limitation there.

I don’t believe the 6.5 CM t3x lite will accept any Aics mags, correct? I am new to the Tikka platform and as such, have been doing some research and it appears that there is a further limitation there.
In factory trim a T3x lite will only take tikka polymer mags.

That’s a limitation for some disciplines and it’s fine for others. For hunting they are a fantastic magazine, for prs they are going to kind of suck. Depends what you want to do

I did an edit and explained the quote so as not to confuse you.

This quote came from KRG's website talking about using AICS mags in their selection of Tikka compatible chassis :

Tikka rifles accept AICS pattern mags with the exception of the Magpul AICS polymer mags.

Well how is it?

Comes with 3 springs, which simply add some extra force to the trigger lever, if you want it. I left the "standard" spring in, and was able to get it down below the stated 3oz. by backing it off to basically zero tension. I torqued it down enough to get my preferred amount of tension, around 6 oz, and compared it to my other triggers. It is every bit as good as the Tacsport Pro and TT Diamond for 700's. Increasing the amount of sear makes it feel more analog like a Jewell, because you can perceive the actual travel necessary to set it off. Decreasing the amount of sear, I was able to make it unsafe pretty easily. The happy medium was the stock setting, which was minimum/imperceptible movement while still being drop safe as well as safe hamfisting the bolt, and safe flipping the safety on, tugging the trigger lever, and slamming the safety off, all good. Both sear and weight adjustments can be made without removing action from stock/chassis.

While expensive, it's the only trigger you can buy if you want a light pull for your Tikka. Considering TT Diamond's are over 300 bucks now, I'm happy with the purchase. Some pics...

0DF22CBE-0A60-42A5-B28B-D20EE26B461E.jpeg43E34D7B-4008-4BFF-950F-0192438F292E.jpeg83014671-D4C2-4F18-9466-5779DA0BE7C0.jpegE6E84D1E-66D3-4DEC-B938-B6B75BD39212.jpegEC3AF3B6-21C2-40C1-8D9E-51B4D74B5A58.jpeg

I have had good luck with the mdt polymer aics mags in my t3x lite 6.5 cm

• Wow
Reactions: DangerRanger
If I where to get a regular t3x hunting rifle with a .308 bolt face, have a smith spin up and Bartlien and install, then put in a Whiskey 3 would it take AICs mags without issue?

After some sanding and profiling with a mini hand file and paper I’ve got the pmag functioning fully with the krg. Not quite as smooth as the mdt metal mag because the mdt does a great job of tilting the nose up, but I’m getting there and it’s quite good. Fun little project and nice to have a spare range mag.

Anything little quirks I should be aware of when putting together this combo? Is the bravo the same as the whiskey 3 as far as mounting the action goes?
I haven’t had a bravo in years but from what I remember it’s the same. Make sure the recoil lug is seated and bolt it in. No quirks at all. Well, as long as you can get the factory barrel off.

Reactions: Robby0931
Finally after 2 years of trying purchase a T3x Super Varmint 20" .308.

i-QQ7KGBT-XL.jpg

Disassembled cleaned and inspected, lite trigger spring installed, YHM QD brake, all fasteners torqued to spec. Hopefully it shoots close to my T3x .223 Varmint. The Tupperware stock fits the action like a glove and actually feels decent. (y)

Finally after 2 years of trying purchase a T3x Super Varmint 20" .308.

i-QQ7KGBT-XL.jpg

Disassembled cleaned and inspected, lite trigger spring installed, YHM QD brake, all fasteners torqued to spec. Hopefully it shoots close to my T3x .223 Varmint. The Tupperware stock fits the action like a glove and actually feels decent. (y)
It would look very nice in black Whiskey chassis ;)

I think i am going to go on this color on this project.
Elite series Cerakote, the most durable.
Color is E-190.

Reactions: M77