• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Although I am happy with the Bifrost, there are some points after two years of hunting with it, that could be improved.

The Bifrost doens't allow, If you are a right handed shooter to shoot with left hand, but in many hunting situations I would have made the shot if this would have been possible, while most hunts in Germany are from hunting pulpits.

Also is an Arca bipod more pleasant, cause you can easily (dis)mount it. Neither I can do this with my picatiny mounted Magpul Bipod

A stock that would fit those points would be the MDT XRS ( the KRG Bravo less cause I don't like the straight grip that much).

Anyone shooting the CTR in an XRS Chassis?

Last edited:
Another day, another dollar.
Not a fan of muzzle brake, but the heat mirage is mild vs suppressor, when you DO send the pills on.
C11.JPG

Although I am happy with the Bifrost, there are some points after two years of hunting with it, that could be improved.

The Bifrost doens't allow, If you are a right handed shooter to shoot with left hand, but in many hunting situations I would have made the shot if this would have been possible, while most hunts in Germany are from hunting pulpits.

Also is an Arca bipod more pleasant, cause you can easily (dis)mount it. Neither I can do this with my picatiny mounted Magpul Bipod

A stock that would fit those points would be the MDT XRS ( the KRG Bravo less cause I don't like the straight grip that much).

I haven't got the XRS, but if you are in Europe I would advise you to look at PSE Composites. I have the Etac mil spec for my tikka and it's absolutely fantastic. Still around 2lbs even with the extra reinforcement. My t3 with 20 inch 223 ctr barrel was 10.5lbs with 10rd aics mag, sling and 37oz dmr2 scope in that stock.

They have a few different models for tikka. Super stiff and light as hell. They do aics or tikka dbm inlet. Wait time was like 2.5 months for mine. Beats manners and McMillan by a mile for wait time alone. Great company to work with, emails back and forth within an hour or so during business hours. I know Edi the owner is on here sometimes. I can personally say PSE makes a killer stock and I'd buy another if I had another rifle.

Reactions: DKN83
I haven't got the XRS, but if you are in Europe I would advise you to look at PSE Composites. I have the Etac mil spec for my tikka and it's absolutely fantastic. Still around 2lbs even with the extra reinforcement. My t3 with 20 inch 223 ctr barrel was 10.5lbs with 10rd aics mag, sling and 37oz dmr2 scope in that stock.

They have a few different models for tikka. Super stiff and light as hell. They do aics or tikka dbm inlet. Wait time was like 2.5 months for mine. Beats manners and McMillan by a mile for wait time alone. Great company to work with, emails back and forth within an hour or so during business hours. I know Edi the owner is on here sometimes. I can personally say PSE makes a killer stock and I'd buy another if I had another rifle.
Well, yes they look great.

As composite stock, the German Gun Stock would also be an option.

I know that their offered quality ist good, but the guys are a bit difficult..
They definitely have attitude. Had a GGS Ranger for my T1X first.. wanted a second one for my CTR, but got a lot of struggle. That's why I now use GRS in both of my rifles. But it's not 100% what I need. 🤔

Well, yes they look great.

As composite stock, the German Gun Stock would also be an option.

I know that their offered quality ist good, but the guys are a bit difficult..
They definitely have attitude. Had a GGS Ranger for my T1X first.. wanted a second one for my CTR, but got a lot of struggle. That's why I now use GRS in both of my rifles. But it's not 100% what I need. 🤔
Ggs is laminate with some sort of coating I believe. I've heard good things though. The designs are certainly 'different', as is the grs. I tried a grs on a remington and wasn't a big fan. The pse ticked all the boxes- light. Strong. Modern construction. Low wait time. Not a chassis. Vertical grip. Expensive though...

I’ve got a UPR in 308. If I can find a UPR stock, I’d snatch it up.

So I believe I have posted this all before but I don't get on this forum all that often and I figure can't hurt to say it again-

I have a UPR and I love it - love it - and felt like I scored a deal on it, it just feels and shoots much more expensive than it was. I was in a position different than 10 years before, where I was going to buy an $800 rifle (700) and then put a $1,300 MCS stock on it, another thousand worth of accessories and a scope and all that etc. I wanted a rifle that was ready to rock and roll out of the box, and that's precisely what the UPR was designed for ... And having nothing to do with the price of tea in China, I don't really like the look of chassis-style rigs, I know they're immensely popular I just happen to like a regular rifle stock on my bolt-action tactical-style rifle.

So I actually had listened to a few Tikka factory videos and one where they were at their Sako stock factory, and I read something about Tikka copying a top-of-the-line Irish composite stock company - and I emailed them and asked a few questions - within like 20 mins I got a detailed, exacting answer ... And basically the boss their confirmed how, Tikka did approach their in-house stock factory and basically say, "We'd like a top-of-the-line stock like --> that one , with carbon fiber & fiberglass and such-and-such features, etc. - Except we don't want to have to add $1,200 to a rifles price, we want to include it as the main feature of a new rifle offering ... " - and apparently their guys said "Yeah sure no problem..." - The Irish stock is apparently made different in one regard, Sako/Tikka did some step differently, but just about the exact same thing and after Dollar/Euro conversions and stuff like that, you're getting like a $1,500 premium stock thrown on for what is basically 'free' on the UPR rifle.

And that was what the UPR was sort of designed for - they wanted a rifle that someone could use for a trio of Hunting, Precision Rifle Shooting/competition, or "Tactical" applications, or any of those 3 exclusively, and right out the box it's ready - and that seems to me to be exactly right. Are there better rifles and certainly more expensive, sure... and I had a MCS stock once, I absolutely loved it -just finances are different these days so I don't know if I ever will again. UPR does it for me, I am very glad I got it.

I have 4 Tikkas setup for different applications. I am wanting some kind of compact folding chassis for short range hunting under 300 yards. Any suggestions? I like the idea of Sig Cross but prefer the Tikka action.

I shoot a Tikka in an XRS with the metal MDT mags and I love it! With the different grips you can change the angle as you wish.
I have 4 Tikkas setup for different applications. I am wanting some kind of compact folding chassis for short range hunting under 300 yards. Any suggestions? I like the idea of Sig Cross but prefer the Tikka action.
XLR element 4.0 with the side fold adapter is what you seek. They come in aluminum and for a lot more money, magnesium. Paired with a Tr-2 buttstock or carbon fiber if your wallet permits, it makes for a perfect compact hunting chassis in my opinion. If you opt for the aluminum version you’re looking at half the cost of a MDT HNT 26.

Back at it today with the 6.5, 500-800 on one hillside and 800-1k on the other. It's not often very windy here so it's nice to have 5-10 to battle with and really get a feel for calls at decent distances.

53186942397_ed434970d0_b.jpg

53186940072_628f906b7d_b.jpg

53187722974_96988b5ed6_b.jpg

This is awesome... I'd kill to have property like this or even something similar within 20 minutes.

Well, two months in and I have a crack or delam going on with this UPR. Since it's off-center, I'm thinking it's just cracked and not delaminating.

I absolutely love this rifle, even the stock, but really disappointed. I should have just pulled the same action off a cheaper version and threw it into a Bravo or something. No, it has not been dropped, lives in a flight case and action is torqued to spec. Any ideas as to why this would happen? Can't imagine recoil would do this.

1695055458170.png

Well, two months in and I have a crack or delam going on with this UPR. Since it's off-center, I'm thinking it's just cracked and not delaminating.

I absolutely love this rifle, even the stock, but really disappointed. I should have just pulled the same action off a cheaper version and threw it into a Bravo or something. No, it has not been dropped, lives in a flight case and action is torqued to spec. Any ideas as to why this would happen? Can't imagine recoil would do this.

View attachment 8230123
What cal? The stock is made of two halves (left and right) which are then glued together. As you said crack is off centre, so going through the composite.
edi

Thx, Edi. Reached out to dealer and Tikka is supposed to be in touch. Never dealt with them before so hope they come through.

There are umpteen possibilities for a composite stock to have a weak area. I recon the Sako design team will be somewhat embarrassed about this stock failing. Pretty sure they will fix the issue.
edi

Reactions: climbing1
Oh they will fix it, but not without sending the stock back to the motherland for “evaluation” and Lord knows how much time elapsed between shipping, customs, etc.

Thanks for the encouragement 😂. Should be an easy fix without sending in a rifle. Hoping they’re just send me a new stock. I’ll be sure to let everyone know my experience with Beretta/Tikka. Fingers crossed.

When the stock broke on my TRG at the grip Beretta wanted the whole gun and I had to pay to ship it to them and risk shipping because they wouldn't let me drop it off despite living 30 minutes from their HQ in MD at the time. It was a royal PITA dealing with them on it and they tried very hard to not fix it.

When I had an ejector issue where you could feel how weak it was by pressing it with your finger they also wanted the whole gun. I ordered a Lumley kit and didn't even bother with them.

Lots of us have been down the road with Beretta CS with the same piss poor CS, it's not made up and I doubt they're going to make an exception for you.

So I have to ask now- is mine cracked too?

I had understood this stock to be two pieces put together, so at first I just assumed the line was normal but now I'm worried it's broke?

Sorry about the terrible camo job and the photography ... it's actually easier to see with the flash off, I took one pic with on and one off.

Attachments

• 20230919_101638.jpg
    20230919_101638.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 20230919_101645.jpg
    20230919_101645.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 116
I just got a 223 action, what size barrel will fit a stock T3x stock? Thinking I can sand it out a little bit if I need too. Thinking of a Bart 2b would be great. Would rather go larger than skinnier.

Does anyone run long action AICS PMAGs in their Tikka with aftermarket bottom metal? Did you machine your receiver? I understand that’s needed with short action AICS PMAGs and want to confirm if that’s also the case with the long actions. My alternative is to wrap an MDT mag in hockey tape, I don’t want to touch bare metal when I’m walking with the gun.

When the stock broke on my TRG at the grip Beretta wanted the whole gun and I had to pay to ship it to them and risk shipping because they wouldn't let me drop it off despite living 30 minutes from their HQ in MD at the time. It was a royal PITA dealing with them on it and they tried very hard to not fix it.

When I had an ejector issue where you could feel how weak it was by pressing it with your finger they also wanted the whole gun. I ordered a Lumley kit and didn't even bother with them.

Lots of us have been down the road with Beretta CS with the same piss poor CS, it's not made up and I doubt they're going to make an exception for you.
FWIW Beretta called me back today and was super nice. That said, they could not find another UPR stock "in the wild" to replace it with and want me to send it in.

What makes me nervous is 1. When will they recover on another stock? And 2. How long are they going to hang on to my rifle for said stock?

I also modified for an ARCA rail, but nowhere close to the crack of course. Are they going to kick me to the warranty curb for modification that they know everyone and their mother does?

Part of me wants to say, "screw it, I want to keep shooting" and just take the hit on a Bravo. I want the Manners but $$$. For now, giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I had understood this stock to be two pieces put together, so at first I just assumed the line was normal but now I'm worried it's broke?

Sorry about the terrible camo job and the photography ... it's actually easier to see with the flash off, I took one pic with on and one off.
To me that looks like delaminating and not an actual crack through the material like mine. If you track that line down to the orange, you can see where the two glue up together. I'd keep shooting if it's not getting worse. Mine is like a windshield spreading down

Reactions: Ser Arthur Dayne
FWIW Beretta called me back today and was super nice. That said, they could not find another UPR stock "in the wild" to replace it with and want me to send it in.
What I don’t understand about company responses like these is…

a) “the wild” is their stockroom, right? and,

b) why can’t they just ship you a stock later? You know, after the male and female stocks breed ”in the wild” and have plentiful babies. (Edit: since obviously their inventory management system is a pile)

If you modified it they’re not going to honor the warranty, they don’t care if it has anything to do with the affected area. They’ve denied warranty claims because people didn’t send their rifle back in the factory stock for shit that has nothing to do with the stock.

If it were me I’d dremel it out, fill it with marine Tex, repaint it and bed it and call it a day and not waste my time with Beretta.

Reactions: Tanger
To me that looks like delaminating and not an actual crack through the material like mine. If you track that line down to the orange, you can see where the two glue up together. I'd keep shooting if it's not getting worse. Mine is like a windshield spreading down

OK thank you ... I haven't shot it in a bit and I saw this and it made me worry. I wonder, is this a warranty type of thing? I am pretty sure when I bought it, they offered some sort of additional years of warranty if I registered it online.

But I know this company sucks to deal with.

Anyway thanks very much.

If you modified it they’re not going to honor the warranty, they don’t care if it has anything to do with the affected area. They’ve denied warranty claims because people didn’t send their rifle back in the factory stock for shit that has nothing to do with the stock.

If it were me I’d dremel it out, fill it with marine Tex, repaint it and bed it and call it a day and not waste my time with Beretta.

By modify it you are referring to spray-paint?

I just got a 223 action, what size barrel will fit a stock T3x stock? Thinking I can sand it out a little bit if I need too. Thinking of a Bart 2b would be great. Would rather go larger than skinnier.

Can’t say for certain on the T3x stock, but I have a T3 Sporter and had to relieve part of the barrel channel to even fit a Sendero/Med Palma contour on my .223.

In my experience the fitment issues are mainly closer to the breech end before any taper. At least that’s where mine required the most modification for zero interference.

Also, make sure you get a 1.200 shank, or at least have it turned down to 1.200.

IMG_9472.jpeg

View attachment 8230123
They will ask.
Have you took the action off the stock.
If you have, they can say no warranty.
So, think clearly....

If the stock was tooken off, on the time of painting, they can say no warranty.
But what if these are coming more, when people have not even take the stock off, on the rifle.
Then you can say, that it is a problems from a factory.

What makes me nervous is 1. When will they recover on another stock? And 2. How long are they going to hang on to my rifle for said stock?

I also modified for an ARCA rail, but nowhere close to the crack of course. Are they going to kick me to the warranty curb for modification that they know everyone and their mother does?

Part of me wants to say, "screw it, I want to keep shooting" and just take the hit on a Bravo. I want the Manners but $$$. For now, giving them the benefit of the doubt.
I think I would consider telling them that since their solution is such a pain, and unsure of cycle time, that I will just keep it and keep shooting it, hoping it doesn’t catastrophically fail on me. Then cough and say “your liability” at the same time. Request they send you a stock, that the problem is theirs, not yours.

If the stock was tooken off, on the time of painting, they can say no warranty.
But what if these are coming more, when people have not even take the stock off, on the rifle.
Then you can say, that it is a problems from a factory.
But one must take the stock off to adjust the trigger, correct? This is what I would say, regardless if I adjusted the trigger or not.

They cannot deny the warranty if they tell and/or suggest that the user remove the stock in their very own user manual.

0D1F4F71-7B27-4DAE-88B3-8397054D2ED3.jpeg