• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

@viking78 I watched your trigger video a few posts back. What did you do to make the cocking so effortless? My action is smooth as hell but it takes much more force to raise the bolt even after dry firing on an empty chamber.

Finally got the 280 AI out for some load development.

280ai Keeper.jpg

John, who owns the Sterk is writing here too.
Did you send email to him, that you would liked to buy his products?
Sterk does not have a webshop, but it think hi should put one up, would make the sales much easier.
John (@cannoncrossfire) hasn't been here as much recently. I was able to get a left hand t1x handle from him recently. It's awesome.

Reactions: viking78
Posted in shorty thread too here's the basics

T3x shorty in 308
Pse etac stock
18 inch bartlein varmint profile 308w
Nxs 2.5-10x32 in optilock ringmounts

Weighs 9lbs without the bipod. Have a 20 inch 223 barrel and 223 bolt too. My only rifle currently. See how it shoots this weekend...

Attachments

• Snapchat-375367265.jpg
    Snapchat-375367265.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 185
Wow, a lot of fine looking Tikkas on here! I got a T3X Lite model in 6.5 Creedmoor last week and for what it is, it's a fine hunting rifle. Would like to upgrade some day though.

Reactions: viking78
John, who owns the Sterk is writing here too.
Did you send email to him, that you would liked to buy his products?
Sterk does not have a webshop, but it think hi should put one up, would make the sales much easier.
I’ve bought several swept bolt handles from him, they are great. I tried to get a couple more but haven’t heard back from him. Meanwhile the anarchy just came in and it seems very good.
IMG_1248.jpeg

Anyone have a Super Varmint? I want a 6.5 PRC, and apparently this is the only option if I want a beefier barrel, at least in the states.
How's the stock? Any reason I can't run a KRGB?
The cerakote job decent?
The 0moa rail worth keeping?

They're abt $400 over a basic ctr, but the cerakote is worth $200 for sure.

Took my newish shorty 308 t3x out, spec and pic above. Barrels new the rest of it isn't...
Gold medal match 168 and 175 both sucked! 1-1.5 moa. Surprised there. Haven't shot any lately so may have been me plus the new barrel settling in.

But random load of 45gr varget and speer 168 bthp in petersen srp brass turned in a .76 10 shot group with 9 into .5. Super happy with this starting load. Think I'm the limiting factor..

Attachments

• CAP582140390778668901.jpg
    CAP582140390778668901.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 40
Anyone have a Super Varmint? I want a 6.5 PRC, and apparently this is the only option if I want a beefier barrel, at least in the states.
The cerakote job decent?

20230422_110638.jpg

Picture of mine. Shoots sub 0,5 MOA 5 shots/100m.
Would buy again. The stock is from PSE.

Cheers

Is the structure of the stock like a regular ctr stock or beefier?
It’s stronger with more internal bracing. I have a SV. I actually quite like the stock. No reason for me to switch it out.

I used to have a Bergara Permier with a Grayboe Terrain stock, which I believe is fiberglass. I think the SV stock is almost as good. (I know there are nicer stocks than the Grayboe)

It’s stronger with more internal bracing. I have a SV. I actually quite like the stock. No reason for me to switch it out.

I used to have a Bergara Permier with a Grayboe Terrain stock, which I believe is fiberglass. I think the SV stock is almost as good. (I know there are nicer stocks than the Grayboe)

That's good to hear! With current prices of everything I suppose $1500 is fair for a SV.

Thinking about getting a 20" 308 CTR. Has anyone seen an accuracy or consistency difference between the standard and stainless models?

Thinking about getting a 20" 308 CTR. Has anyone seen an accuracy or consistency difference between the standard and stainless models?
I have both. No difference. Every CTR i’ve shot has been awesome. You're gonna lose about 100+fps compared to the 24”. If i was in the market again, I’d be getting the longer barrel.

Also, the finish on the ‘standard’ CTR is not blued, like on the Lite models. It’s a matte sprayed-on finish, like on the TacA1

I have both. No difference. Every CTR i’ve shot has been awesome. You're gonna lose about 100+fps compared to the 24”. If i was in the market again, I’d be getting the longer barrel.

Also, the finish on the ‘standard’ CTR is not blued, like on the Lite models. It’s a matte sprayed-on finish, like on the TacA1
I've been away from the game for some years and just looking to dip my toe back in. There's no shortage of options in the 1-2k market and Tikka was a solid choice years ago so it makes sense to go back and take a closer look especially for the money. A flip of the coin between the standard & SS by the sounds of it then. I don't think I "need" a Tac A1 but it is tempting with EuroOptic having them on sale.....

Reactions: trob
I've been away from the game for some years and just looking to dip my toe back in. There's no shortage of options in the 1-2k market and Tikka was a solid choice years ago so it makes sense to go back and take a closer look especially for the money. A flip of the coin between the standard & SS by the sounds of it then. I don't think I "need" a Tac A1 but it is tempting with EuroOptic having them on sale.....
Oh no, you do need a TAC A1 :p this is snipershide bad influence goes with the territory. Plus they're badass.

A ctr in a bravo chassis is a hell of a rifle. I have a TacA1 but my favorite rifle is my 24” 223 ctr in a manners eh1tk. You can’t go wrong with a tikka

Reactions: Gwak2006
The cerakote job decent?

The Super Varmint has a two stage trigger.

Great option for those who want that.

Reactions: carbonbased
Without a doubt I'd prefer the stainless. Just easier in the long run. Sick of carbon barrels rusting, even after one day hunting in wet conditions... results in a brown patch. The stainless does not have to be treated as carefully. I bought two 308 20" CTR's shortly after each other. One was brand new out the box, the other was used at a Sako gun dealer show day at a range and fired a couple hundred rounds that day without cleaning before I received it.
Same box of Hornady 168 match , one rifle chronoed at 2600fps, the other at 2604fps av. Both shot about the same group size. Both rifles sitting in carbon fibre stocks. Well impressed with these Tikka 308 barrels.

XJ2U3O7.jpg

e38ryd2.jpg

3DrL6mM.jpg

edi

Afternoon,
Looking at installing a break on a Tikka T3x, sporting barrel, 30-06, my brother ordered a stock which will help a bunch with taming this monster , but he is looking for a break,, any ideas out there Tikka Men???, and anybody else… Thanks, Charlie112

Afternoon,
Looking at installing a break on a Tikka T3x, sporting barrel, 30-06, my brother ordered a stock which will help a bunch with taming this monster , but he is looking for a break,, any ideas out there Tikka Men???, and anybody else… Thanks, Charlie112

Gonna need more info on the rifle, but given that it’s a 30-06 it’s probably a sporter profile barrel, and I don’t think there’s enough meat on there to have it threaded/install a brake.

Reactions: NewsShooter
Gonna need more info on the rifle, but given that it’s a 30-06 it’s probably a sporter profile barrel, and I don’t think there’s enough meat on there to have it threaded/install a brake.
Tbac cb face mount brake on my t3x lite barrel. Sent to them for threading. Muzzle face used as shoulder. 9/16-24 thread.
20211010_082715.jpg
20211010_124745.jpg

Probably not the best brake but it mounts my ultra 7 fine.

Edit: corrected thread pitch. I grind 9/16-18 unjef threads at work on aerospace parts and put the wrong one down.

Last edited:
Reactions: kdhope
Tbac cb on my t3x lite barrel. Sent to them for threading. Muzzle face used as shoulder. 9/16-18 thread.
View attachment 8265914View attachment 8265916
Probably not the best brake but it mounts my ultra 7 fine.

.30 cal bore size as well?

I guess you might find someone to do it but either way there’s gonna be very little material there. It could work I guess but it wouldn’t give me great confidence either way.

Reactions: Charlie112

I guess you might find someone to do it but either way there’s gonna be very little material there. It could work I guess but it wouldn’t give me great confidence either way.
Correction. 9/16-24. Edited above as well.

6.5 creed. According to thunderbeast thread chart and other respected gunsmiths here they don't recommend less than 0.100" from minor diameter to groove diameter. 9/16-24 minor 0.512" and 30 cal 0.308" groove diameter. 0.102" wall thickness.

"1/2-28 threads are too small for .30 caliber. There is not enough metal between the bore grooves and the thread root diameter.
For 6.5mm (0.264") up to .30 caliber, we recommend a minimum of 9/16-24 threads.
If your barrel does not support the minimum dimension "D" in the diagram, we have a "FACE MOUNT" brake that "may" work for your rifle. Please call for details."

From this page.

Reactions: just browsing
Yes, the not enough meat for threading was on my mind, it is a sporter profile, it looks like Lefty Jason has been there,, I am not sure he will want to ship it,, let me talk with him and see what he wants to do, Thanks to All !!!!

This project might be a tuff nut!!

Yes, the not enough meat for threading was on my mind, it is a sporter profile, it looks like Lefty Jason has been there,, I am not sure he will want to ship it,, let me talk with him and see what he wants to do, Thanks to All !!!!
This project might be a tuff nut!!
Could also contact @bohem (patriot valley arms) to see if he would make a face mount version of some of his brakes.

Reactions: Charlie112
Anyone happen to know if a standard Rem Varmint profile barrel will fit in a CTR stock? I’m assuming some relief from the barrel channel would be needed at a minimum, just not sure how much.

Anyone happen to know if a standard Rem Varmint profile barrel will fit in a CTR stock? I’m assuming some relief from the barrel channel would be needed at a minimum, just not sure how much.
Ctr is very close to light palma, rem varm is more a short shank med palma. It'll be tight, but won't require a lot of fitment work.

Reactions: just browsing
Does the CRT stock have a different barrel channel contour than the Tikka Varmint stock ?
I’m in the process of getting a Remington Varmint barrel contour installed on a T3 action and I’m planning on using a Tikka Super Varmint Stock . I just assumed that it will fit without to many issues.

Does the CRT stock have a different barrel channel contour than the Tikka Varmint stock ?
I’m in the process of getting a Remington Varmint barrel contour installed on a T3 action and I’m planning on using a Tikka Super Varmint Stock . I just assumed that it will fit without to many issues.

Yes, different dimensions. Rem Varmint barrel should be very close if not already free floated in the Tikka Varmint stock.

CTR stock will definitely require some fitting after getting a chance to look at it, but not a terrible amount.

Could also contact @bohem (patriot valley arms) to see if he would make a face mount version of some of his brakes.
It's not something we currently make but I could. They would require timing by a machinist/gunsmith if we were to do that, but I do have some 9/16-24 brakes in 30 cal for self timing already.